• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Hells Mole

Quote from: Azzerae on May 06, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
You also gotta be tuff with callers - something Heather isn't. She keeps them on too long, and let's 'em waffle. Guess she has always been a bit lacking in many phone-ins (being that she's the shadow woman of Art's now fading legacy).

Keeping callers on the line as long as possible is the job she was best trained to do by her previous employer.

Faustina

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 04:42:21 PM
Sausy you did great work when you were with RCH. You are to be commended.
Ive got to head for the studio....youll like the new MITD host...and I wish him and Keith well...and of course all you you. I may appear on a future gabcast, so until then be safe everyone!

Aw, such a nice message.  You don't think Noory is a good guy?  I do.  Not nearly as bright and talented as Art, granted, but at least he has kept c2c viable for all these years after Art left it for good.  It's still one of the best overnight talk radio shows on actual radio. 

wr250

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 09:04:27 PM
Aw, such a nice message.  You don't think Noory is a good guy?  I do.  Not nearly as bright and talented as Art, granted, but at least he has kept c2c viable for all these years after Art left it for good.  It's still one of the best overnight talk radio shows on actual radio. 
i dont like his on air persona. after the last gabcast he seemed more human, like the rest of us.
he shows up for work every day, unless a pizza role is involved, unlike some others.

Faustina

Also, Noory knowing who the MITD new host is just about guarantees it is one of the c2c fill-in hosts.  He'd have no need to know otherwise.  A male one, since Keith has already given that away... and now GN.  Dave Schrader or Richard Syrett, nearly for sure.   

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 09:00:59 PM
Sweet message from Airyn on Facebook early this morning. It's in the comments of Art's last Facebook postâ€"a random promo of that night's MITD showâ€"and only has a couple of replies. It's a shame there's not an obvious place to offer respects.

Airyn Bell
Another long lonely night, I can’t thank enough to everyone who posted all their tribute and his shows. It help me a lot just to hear and see him even in youtube only. It feels like his just right there and he will just come home soon. I know it’s not going to happen...

Art went to the big convenience store in the sky for smokes. RIP

ShayP

You don't think Noory is a good guy? 

Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone...

https://youtu.be/bnlvPoDU5LY

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 06, 2018, 08:16:46 PM
It reminds me of an old leather  aviator helmet, with the strap flapping in the breeze.  Not sure what message that's suppose to convey. ???

Hahaha yep

Sean92008

Quote from: dsz on May 06, 2018, 08:07:47 PM
#Winning.
7 gram rocks!  Adonis blood! A Vatican Assassin!

Now that was a meltdown.

It's great you're a Heather troll.

Except...  Anyone choosing Heather is quite suspect. Through hundreds of pages, a great deal of discussion about Heather's issues.  Those attracted to it, well, it takes a special kind...

K_Dubb

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 06, 2018, 09:08:57 PM

I was waiting for that.

DarKPenguiN

I like Noory as a person- Dudes, a gentlemen and a professional. I think hes been a great sport here and proven he can even laugh at himself. I like the guy.

As a host, I dont like him so much- but hes what the masses currently listening to terrestrial radio want and need-

Robert

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 09:00:32 PMHe's good in a karaoke sense and has enough voice to get by.  My issue is the marketing from C2C, that at these events he is singer as well.  I get the shtick, however try harder as a host instead of the same lazy cookie cutter bullshit and sideshow acts.  Am I supposed to be in awe of his singing and stage presence?  Pfft!
No.  Just seems like he could be a more interesting entertainer if he were doing stuff he were really interested in, rather than C2C.  He could & probably should try harder, but if he hasn't by now it doesn't seem he cares enough to improve C2C.  I think someone there also needs better imagination for subject matter instead of trying to do Art Bell's show forever.

Just listen to much of DMDN's schedule.  They largely feed off Mr. Bell's old audience, yet make it fresh & interesting.  Maybe it's too much to ask for to sustain that in the overnight slot, but you'd think a lineup of b'cast stns. like that of C2C could afford something as good as amateur podcasts.

Noory meanwhile could do like Steve Allen, say, or Don Francisco, or Joe Franklin.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 06, 2018, 09:08:57 PM
hahahaha oh man... I'm surely going to hell since I found that hilarious.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 06, 2018, 06:45:11 PM
:o <pant, pant...> 20 pages just fly by <whimper> Art was right! It's the quickening!!<pant, pant, pant...> I can't talk long...<whimper> They're already triangulating my location. <pant, pant, pant...> It's all about Heather Wade...<whimper> Oh, God! She's not who you think she is!! She's <dial tone>...

I'd just like to point out that when it seemed like I might be calling from Area 51 earlier it was all just a big hoax. There's really nothing going on so you can all just forget about it now. Heather's a big no one and nothing's going on with her so just forget I ever mentioned it. There's absolutely nothing going on and everything is normal. Yeah, that's the ticket! :)

K_Dubb

ShayP

Quote from: Robert on May 06, 2018, 09:14:57 PM
No.  Just seems like he could be a more interesting entertainer if he were doing stuff he were really interested in, rather than C2C.  He could & probably should try harder, but if he hasn't by now it doesn't seem he cares enough to improve C2C.  I think someone there also needs better imagination for subject matter instead of trying to do Art Bell's show forever.

Just listen to much of DMDN's schedule.  They largely feed off Mr. Bell's old audience, yet make it fresh & interesting.  Maybe it's too much to ask for to sustain that in the overnight slot, but you'd think a lineup of b'cast stns. like that of C2C could afford something as good as amateur podcasts.

Noory meanwhile could do like Steve Allen, say, or Don Francisco, or Joe Franklin.

Okay.  I get where your coming from.  I've said it before in this forum that with Noory's affinity for nostalgia and such, it is a strength and maybe he should do more of that.  Not the woo-woo bullshit.  He shows it with his bumper music and his reminiscing on air.  And I agree with you in saying he could be a more interesting entertainer if he were doing stuff in subjects he truly is interested in, rather than C2C.

comaphobe

It's really strange to recycle the same pic and photoshop hair. Why the need for her pic at all? And the lettering on that banner looks to be less than amateur.

PS: Vince 'all-you-can-eat-buffet' Neil is still boozing heavily. Just ask his bro Nicolas Cage. 2 years ago Nick and Vince were both totally hammered and fighting in public after Vince clocked some woman for being a bitch. I think it was at an airport terminal. There are videos of it from 2 or 3 angles.

Chine

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 09:16:26 PM
hahahaha oh man... I'm surely going to hell since I found that hilarious.

we're all Art's legacy orphans. 😢

aldousburbank

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 09:24:55 PM
Okay.  I get where your coming from.  I've said it before in this forum that with Noory's affinity for nostalgia and such, it is a strength and maybe he should do more of that.  Not the woo-woo bullshit.  He shows it with his bumper music and his reminiscing on air.  And I agree with you in saying he could be a more interesting entertainer if he were doing stuff in subjects he truly is interested in, rather than C2C.

He was at his best when he interviewed Doris Day.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chine on May 06, 2018, 09:27:23 PM
George just tweeted on C2C Twitter.

Announcement tonight of a new fill in host.

Heather?!

ShayP

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

LOL!!!!  ...always with the quips man.  Cheers to you.  :)

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 09:20:45 PM
We need Negro Spiritual guy to sing Massa's in de cold cold groun'

King of Kings, where art thou?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 06, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
Heather?!

Well that would be the only thing that could deepen the clusterfuck quotient. Hoping!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2018, 09:31:38 PM
Well that would be the only thing that could deepen the clusterfuck quotient. Hoping!

The quotienting?! ???

sydtron

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2018, 09:28:29 PM
I don't know man. That Shirley McClaine interview was riviting. LOL