• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Zenman

Aha! There's some cyclops parking down below the mounds. btw, shouldn't that read: Google Mars ?

Quote from: Zenman on June 14, 2017, 07:36:39 PM
Cool. Cyclops alien face (2 angles). Strange mouth with the snaggleteeth, kinda like the weird fish-face Star Trek emissaries who must eat directly after being revived from suspended animation. It'd be nice to have a panned-out image to see what kind of paraphernalia might be lying around.
It's a skeleton pirate with an eye-patch.  ;)

THE

Quote from: Zenman on June 14, 2017, 07:36:39 PM
Cool. Cyclops alien face (2 angles). Strange mouth with the snaggleteeth, kinda like the weird fish-face Star Trek emissaries who must eat directly after being revived from suspended animation. It'd be nice to have a panned-out image to see what kind of paraphernalia might be lying around.

Wow, you mean that Gary isn't the only one to see such artifacts?  I don't even find any cut & paste chicanery on these, like NASA seems to have created on the Face at Cydonia.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on June 14, 2017, 07:50:41 PM
Aha! There's some cyclops parking down below the mounds. btw, shouldn't that read: Google Mars ?

I'm getting a Jabba-the-Huttish vibe on this one.

Zenman

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 14, 2017, 07:58:09 PM
It's a skeleton pirate with an eye-patch.  ;)

Maybe an alien ad for something to be seen by passing craft? Kinda like a galactic Long-John Silver's signboard?

THE

Quote from: expat on June 16, 2017, 04:12:08 PM
That's none of your business Theadora

For one so all consumed with attempts at debunking Richard C. Hoagland, it's dumbfounding that you fail to critique Hoagland's most professional, and biggest budget television production, Patrick.

zeebo

167 countries currently monitoring the osom site, apparently awaiting the weekend schedule.

jerry

I have been away for months--since January I think.  Is it true Hoagie is back live on weekends?

Quote from: jerry on June 16, 2017, 08:00:36 PM
I have been away for months--since January I think.  Is it true Hoagie is back live on weekends?

Shhh!  Don't jinx it.  Hoagie's hyperdimential equilibrium (not to mention his general reliability) is a delicate thing. 

So, the answer is: hopefully.  At 9pm PST.  At midnight in Hoboken.

zeebo

Quote from: jerry on June 16, 2017, 08:00:36 PM

Last two weekends, yes.  Future weekends, well that depends on the Hoagie Uncertainty Principle.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 16, 2017, 08:09:01 PM
Last two weekends, yes.  Future weekends, well that depends on the Hoagie Uncertainty Principle.

If it's anything like Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle we can never really know whether Hoagie is on or off the air, even when he's on the air. Can you grok it?  8)

jerry

DAMN!!! I was NOT paying enough attention!  How is he? Shows still fun? Same old Hoagie?  Wacky as usual?

Quote from: jerry on June 16, 2017, 08:28:29 PM
DAMN!!! I was NOT paying enough attention!  How is he? Shows still fun? Same old Hoagie?  Wacky as usual?
He seems exactly the same...didn't even mention/explain being off the air for eight months.
Yep, still fun, still same ol' Uncle Hoagie, and still wacky, with lots of braaps.

WOTR

Quote from: Étouffée on June 16, 2017, 09:30:50 PM
He seems exactly the same...didn't even mention/explain being off the air for eight months.
Yep, still fun, still same ol' Uncle Hoagie, and still wacky, with lots of braaps.
Huh?  He was off the air?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 16, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

It was a secret dog whistle message sent only to Trump supporters.  ;)

Juan Cena

Quote from: WOTR on June 16, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

Robin VI had enough of Hoagie's crap and kicked him out of her house.

Hoagie spent the last six month homeless, eating out of the dumpsters behind a Chipolte in Arizona.

An old widow finally took him in, and Hoagie named her "Robin VII."

Nobody

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2017, 04:18:27 PM
The 3rd Party, post-dated, out of state check that RCH gave the station must have bounced.

Are you implying that Hoagland is some sort of...of...cheap crook:o

Zenman

Lol. Or maybe the Hoagdela Effect, where you thought for sure the show was dead, but there it is, seemingly alive and well!

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 14, 2017, 03:13:49 AM
oh so these stations aren't even accessible on a regular AM/FM radio?

Anyone reading the "ways to listen to the show" email his producer sent out (or rather, the email that "M & The Other Side Of Midnight Team" sent out, as though anyone else would ever consider working for that plonker Hoagland) on 3 June to let people know he was going to be broadcasting on 3 June might find it kind of hard to tell, actually. 

In it, M claims that WXME (AM) is carrying the programme, then promptly gives the KIYQ website on the very same line:

QuoteAM Band: WXME AM780 Monticello, ME (http://www.kiyq.org/)

...as though KIYQ is an AM station, which doesn't make sense, but then, WXME carrying the programme doesn't seem to make any sense, either, because WXME's broadcast format is given as "Classic Country" on its Wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WXME

However, the very last sentence of the station history also says that WXME reverted "to a News/Talk format in early 2015."  What to believe?

Unfortunately, there is no way to verify what they play firsthand, as WXME is so low rent, they don't even have a website.  :(  In any event, should you choose to take The Other Side Of Midnight "Team's" word for it, you can (according to them, at least) hear Hoagland on a regular AM radio provided you live in Aroostook County, Maine, near the Canadian border.

(AM waves do propagate fairly well at night, but as the station's transmitter is rated at 60 watts Effective Radiated Power, your guess is as good as mine as to how far away you can reasonably expect to pick up Hoagland asking his guest, "Why did you even bother to appear on my show? I know so much more than you do.")

As for KIYQ, M didn't seem to think it worthwhile to give their frequency right off the bat the way she did with WMXE.  However, KIYQ does broadcast on 107.1 FM at a blowtorch Bic Lighter-like 100 Watts.  FM reception is largely line of sight (though temperature inversions can help things along), and Vegas is in a valley, so if KIYQ's antenna is placed on a nearby mountaintop, reception could be quite good.

(Or not.  I don't know where their antenna is located, exactly, so you could spend a lot of time cruising around and have no luck at all.)

So, ultimately, while you might be able to hear Hoagland over a regular AM/FM radio in theory, I don't know how it would be in practice.  Perhaps someone on BellGab is headed for Las Vegas and/or Northern Maine and could tell us what kind of luck they have in obtaining their Hoagland fix on a pocket radio?  Assuming they don't want to avoid him entirely, of course.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 14, 2017, 03:13:49 AM
i think the owner of the Maine station was on with Noory or one of the Coast hosts like 5 years ago and it was a fairly interesting tale of him running pirate radio stations in the 60s/70s from the sea.

Allan Weiner is one of those "old radio guys" I like to listen to and you can hear him on WBCQ on Fridays.  He put out a book with a lot of his radio war stories (Access to the Airwaves: My Fight For Free Radio), but you probably heard all the best ones during that interview.  I only mention it in case the interview left you wanting more.   :)

jerry

the stream seems to be dead air... not down, but nothing playing... is this common on KIYQ?

Dyna-X

Quote from: jerry on June 17, 2017, 08:23:40 PM
the stream seems to be dead air... not down, but nothing playing... is this common on KIYQ?
The preshow music is playing now. "I think I'm going out of my head..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSkvWR_1yNw

jerry

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on June 17, 2017, 08:33:48 PM
The preshow music is playing now. "I think I'm going out of my head..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSkvWR_1yNw

Yes... finally can back after 30 minutes of silence.

albrecht

They playing ABBA? So is Art coming back or is Hoagie playlist just rehashing Art's? ABBA is not "old time Vegas" so something is up??