• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Soooo it looks like Hoagie is just carrying on like he hasn't been absent without leave for 8 months.  >:(

Morgus

So OSOM will be two nights/week now, Sat and Sun nights - competing with the first half of the weekend c2c shows...

Morgus

Is the show 3 hours long now, compared to 2 hours before?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Morgus on June 03, 2017, 10:16:29 PM
Is the show 3 hours long now, compared to 2 hours before?

Tunein indicated a 2-hour show.

Morgus

The emails listed:
Tonight - Saturday, 6/3/17 from 9pm - 12am Pacific, The Other Side Of Midnight

Well, Hoagie sounds good, almost as if 8 months haven't passed by.  Time-warpy.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on June 03, 2017, 10:18:21 PM
The emails listed:

Yep...and it also stated this...

And remember...because you are a Club 19.5 Member - you will of course receive all the high and inside baseball digital releases for RCH's latest projects!

Told you all last year Hoagie was a baseball fan.  ;D

Rix Gins

I heard a quick electrical braap a few minutes back.  Either that, or a UFO is landing in my back yard.

My first impression is that Hoagie seems pretty mellow..........

I think Dietrich has ruined me.  If the host doesn't heap harsh verbal abuse on the audience it just seems sooo laid back.

Morgus

ShayP

Quote from: Étouffée on June 03, 2017, 10:19:57 PM
Well, Hoagie sounds good, almost as if 8 months haven't passed by.  Time-warpy.

Has to be effects of the torsion field.  :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Morgus on June 03, 2017, 10:18:21 PM
The emails listed:

Three hours of Uncle Hoagie!  Is this Christmas?

ShayP

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 03, 2017, 10:21:23 PM
I heard a quick electrical braap a few minutes back.  Either that, or a UFO is landing in my back yard.

Both.  ;)

ShayP

I won't make it through this.  I wasn't prepared for 3 hours of Hoagie tonight.  My mind and body are not ready.

albrecht

I haven't broken out my shortwave to check but the WBCQ streaming is much smoother than the station in Vegas's stream, which is playing OSOM but says it is playing things like Bob Hope etc and seems to lag, a lot (at least on my computer competing with BG.)

Quote from: ShayP on June 03, 2017, 10:21:59 PM
Has to be effects of the torsion field.  :D
It's a comfy feeling, being wrapped in Uncle Hoagie's torsion-field blanket.

So does Hoagland ever actually interview the guest or is this normal where he just spins everything back to Mars and "it's in the data" and his typical shtick?

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 03, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
So does Hoagland ever actually interview the guest or is this normal where he just spins everything back to Mars and "it's in the data" and his typical shtick?

He always reverts to that subject.  However he has interviewed many guests quite well actually.  That is when we brappers referred to Hoagie as being in "Dick Cavett mode."

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 03, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
Geez. 3 minutes of music during breaks. At least Zevon is good. But college bb is more appealing right now. Will try to record, for posterity...the great come back.

Rix Gins

Eight months to work on it and Hoagie couldn't even wrangle a Squatty Potty sponsorship?  Not a good sign.

comaphobe

3 minutes of jazz pianos with volume level 20% higher than the speaking level on the show.

ShayP

Quote from: comaphobe on June 03, 2017, 10:36:37 PM
3 minutes of jazz pianos with volume level 20% higher than the speaking level on the show.

LOL!  Yeah...it was getting to me.