• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

scottydawg

Well Art just posted his stalker's wet dream! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVUsDL25Z7o&feature=youtu.be

And now you can also see anybody in the surrounding area could light off a few firecrackers and make Art duck and cover! :o

ge30542

All the talk about picking guests, 1 - 2 shows per week etc is unnecessary. He is not coming back. I enjoyed Friday night, but that was an attempt to get subs. He didn't care about throwing redacted in the fire, neither does he care if she is overworked and in need of a day off. He's done. Maybe 3 appearances per year. That's what we can expect.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: username on March 13, 2016, 05:16:24 PM
I'll make bumper stickers from now on.

Great!  I'd like two dozen that say:

"Jet Noise......the Sound of Imperalist Oppression."

Lowbot

Quote from: scottydawg on March 13, 2016, 05:34:56 PM
Well Art just posted his stalker's wet dream! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVUsDL25Z7o&feature=youtu.be

And now you can also see anybody in the surrounding area could light off a few firecrackers and make Art duck and cover! :o

Yeah, great way to give the "stalker" a map to work with.
I guess the whole situation wasn't so worrisome after all, huh?

Sigh.

whoozit

Quote from: Lowbot on March 13, 2016, 07:59:47 PM
Yeah, great way to give the "stalker" a map to work with.
I guess the whole situation wasn't so worrisome after all, huh?

Sigh.
You do realize you can get a similar view from Google Earth right?

Sigh.

Faustina

Quote from: whoozit on March 13, 2016, 08:05:13 PM

Sigh.

That's true.  If you hone in just right with Google Earth, you can see stuff on people's front porches.  (Don't ask me how I know this).  You do need to know the exact address however.

Quote from: ge30542 on March 13, 2016, 05:40:25 PM
All the talk about picking guests, 1 - 2 shows per week etc is unnecessary. He is not coming back. I enjoyed Friday night, but that was an attempt to get subs. He didn't care about throwing redacted in the fire, neither does he care if she is overworked and in need of a day off. He's done. Maybe 3 appearances per year. That's what we can expect.

We don't know that.  He may not either.

I just wish he'd be more up front.  He says things like he's 'a risk taker', that he's 'never lied' to us, that he 'says what's on his mind' basically without a filter, but none of that really means anything. 

The stalker story was obviously bs.  Obviously.  He doesn't sound like someone with COPD to me either.  He ought to drop all that and just come out and say what it is he wants to do as far as hosting future shows.  If he isn't sure himself, he ought to say that. 

No he doesn't 'owe' us anything.  I'm of two minds with him - on the one hand when he's on the air it has the feel of an old friend with a real talent for what he does, on the other hand the comments here and on FaceBook are so bad they seem like they are done be a completely different person.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on March 13, 2016, 05:40:25 PM

When Art comes back, hope he's a lot more  PC ..
Come on Art,  you can do better..
Calling undocumented citizens "creatures"...  not cool.
And Art "" throwing rocks at them " come on, even Trump isn't going that far.

https://youtu.be/NDBlP-QOHag

Faustina

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 13, 2016, 08:16:18 PM

He doesn't sound like someone with COPD to me either.  He ought to drop all that and just come out and say what it is he wants to do as far as hosting future shows.  If he isn't sure himself, he ought to say that. 

He may just be diagnosed and in the early stages.  I thought I heard a slight wheezing from him in hour 3. 

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 13, 2016, 03:58:26 PM
If I was Art Bell, I wouldn't let BellGab pick my nose, let alone topics or guests. He has a lot more supporters in the FB groups than he does here.

Best way we can influence the contents of the show is by sending detailed guest suggestions (preferably with contact info for the guest) via email. Posting suggestions on BellGab is not going to make anything happen. Heather is still doing the producing. She doesn't read BellGab, even if Art continues to lurk.

That being said, I am sure Art is going to pick and choose his own guests and topics. I don't see him taking suggestions if he is only doing a show every once in awhile, or even 1-2 shows per week.

Honestly, after what he said on the GabCast, I don't ever see him doing more than one show a week.

Hope I am wrong.

Of course he will choose his own guests and topics.  That was just wishful thinking.  This is a person who would rather retire than do a show, unless every tiny detail is done exactly his way.  Even though radio is 'in his blood', and he loves doing it so much. 

Like I said, if it's a once in awhile thing he will be able to choose only what interests him the most.  Which is too bad, based on other periods when he's done shows infrequently.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 13, 2016, 08:20:10 PM
When Art comes back, hope he's a lot more  PC ..
Come on Art,  you can do better..
Calling undocumented citzens "creatures"...  not cool.

Calling illegal aliens 'undocumented citizens', or even 'undocumented workers' not cool either. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on March 13, 2016, 10:36:45 AM
Coming up, Art penetrates Area 51 with his drone and calls into Heather live, as he's shot down by an even bigger USAF drone.

Ha! The vicarious thrill of having that daring Cessna pilot live on air back when will drive Art to attempt a similar feat. But he's no fool (at least where this mission is concerned). Maybe he doesn't get shot down. Maybe he sneaks in at low level and at night.

Then, just as the FLIR image of the base (Art will spare no cost) comes into view, with a tantalizing look at some very strange-looking yet familiar craft on the ground, the image disappears and all contact is lost. The last several frames of the video show a massive triangular craft approaching at high speed.

Art's drone has been abducted! God only knows what kinds of probing his drone will suffer. But Art has anticipated everything and placed a micro homing beacon on his drone. He enlists the help of Time Travelers to help track the beacon on the drone's possible journey to the secret government laboratories across the country which are attempting to learn the identity of the drone owner.

All of this turns out to be a fruitless attempt to pick up more subscribers. Heather still stinks, despite Art's outrageously desperate attempt to save the show.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 13, 2016, 08:23:40 PM
Calling illegal aliens 'undocumented citizens', or even 'undocumented workers' not cool either.

The only important word is "illegal", call them anything else you wish.

ge30542

Call them what they are, Unregistered Democrats.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 13, 2016, 03:03:37 PM
After he drove Falkie away, you welcome Shreddy back?

https://youtu.be/nlEfyMoR49M

Wow, another Rory Gallagher fan! That's three on BellGab that I know of. This suggests that he was more popular in North America than I would have thought. I still have all my original LPs, btw.

Lowbot

Quote from: whoozit on March 13, 2016, 08:05:13 PM

Sigh.

Yeah, if you have an address.
Presumably Art has not been openly sharing his address in light of the *cough* stalker situation.
So at best you'd be guessing as to whether it was his place. Well, unless he posted himself launching a drone from the gate.

Sigh indeed, smartass.

Quote from: Lowbot on March 13, 2016, 08:36:51 PM
Yeah, if you have an address.
Presumably Art has not been openly sharing his address in light of the *cough* stalker situation.
So at best you'd be guessing as to whether it was his place. Well, unless he posted himself launching a drone from the gate.

Sigh indeed, smartass.

Now that we've seen the drone footage, it would take about 5 minutes to find on Google Earth.  Previously, it would have taken about 20 minutes

Hog

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 13, 2016, 08:16:18 PM

The stalker story was obviously bs.  Obviously.  He doesn't sound like someone with COPD to me either. 
And exactly what does someone with COPD sound like?

Can you tell if I have COPD from the way I type? 
One method of COPD diagnoses makes exactly the same amount of sense as the other.  Just silly.

peace
Hog

littlechris

Quote from: LeslieV on March 13, 2016, 10:26:07 AM
Guess I need to buy the lot next to his and we can have dueling ham stations ..

He owns that bare lot as well.

Art Bell

Everybody knows where I live, my Ham call gives my address, people have been coming by and taking pictures for Years, my antenna's can be seen for miles, I could go on. Not really a secret, jeez.

Art

analog kid

Quote from: Value Of Pi on March 13, 2016, 08:34:24 PM
Wow, another Rory Gallagher fan! That's three on BellGab that I know of. This suggests that he was more popular in North America than I would have thought. I still have all my original LPs, btw.

As an American (and a lifetime guitar player), I had never heard of Rory Gallagher until the quote from Jimi Hendrix went around the internet - when asked what it's like to be the greatest guitarist in the world, Jimi responded with "I don't know, go ask Rory Gallagher." The quote turned out to be fake though, and I never got around to listening to his music.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Everybody knows where I live, my Ham call gives my address, people have been coming by and taking pictures for Years, my antenna's can be seen for miles, I could go on. Not really a secret, jeez.

Art

Enjoyed the show Friday. Hope you do another soon.

littlechris

Art

Hello Mr.Bell,

Would you consider having Falkie on as a guest next time you host MITD?

Uncle Duke

Back in the 90s I stayed in a B&B just outside of Ballyshannon that was a veritable shrine to Gallagher, lots of signed memorabilia.  The lady who owned the B&B claimed her mom and Gallagher's mom had been best friends growing up.

WhiteCrow

I agree, even that would be better, calling them "illegal Aliens" ..Art called them "creatures" and promoted throwing rocks at them. Guess Art is just another sick-o BellGabber.. Vicious and not lovable ..

littlechris

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 13, 2016, 08:59:31 PM
...Art called them creatures and promoted throwing rocks at them. Guess Art is just another sick-o BellGabber.. Vicious and not lovable ..

WOW!!  :'( :'(

I did miss part of the show so I didn't get to hear that.

Dr. MD MD

Art

Thanks for sharing the video, Art! It was fun and that horizon shot was beautiful. It was great to hear you interacting with your audience again! I notice that when a caller mentions they're associated with BellGab you always seem a little taken back. I suppose that's natural given what went down but I think it's a shame because I'd say the majority here are nothing but big fans. Trolls have always been the minority, they just tend to make more noise. It's an old battle tactic. Don't be fooled by it. Hope to hear you back on MITD soon.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on March 13, 2016, 08:32:06 PM
Call them what they are, Unregistered Democrats.

Ok .. Spead the lies too. Wouldn't surprise me if both Art and Trump are in the KKK.. Art wants to shoot the illegal aliens full of lead.  I'm moving to Canada!

https://youtu.be/NDBlP-QOHag

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2016, 09:04:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the video, Art! It was fun and that horizon shot was beautiful. It was great to hear you interacting with your audience again! I notice that when a caller mentions they're associated with BellGab you always seem a little taken back. I suppose that's natural given what went down but I think it's a shame because I'd say the majority here are nothing but big fans. Trolls have always been the minority, they just tend to make more noise. It's an old battle tactic. Don't be fooled by it. Hope to hear you back on MITD soon.

Trolls  posting on Bellgab ..well I never would of guested that.. And Art being fooled.. Oh my, Art run for cover!

ART WAKE UP!!!

https://youtu.be/lA_7xlbqUO4

Make that four!  In fact, I just found out about a weekly show dedicated to him on Wrock Radio from 4 to 5 Eastern time, and listened to it for the first time today.  It's a good mix of his music and interviews with his friends and contemporaries. Albert (not Alvin) Lee was on today, and told a great story about when he and RG backed up Jerry Lee Lewis on some recording sessions.  The host of the show is also named Gallagher and might be a relative. It's well worth a listen.

RG fans might also like my old buddy Lucas Campbell's Rock of Ages Radio Show, which airs at 6 Eastern on Sunday.  He specializes in early seventies British and U.S. Southern rock and regularly plays RG.

http://www.wrockradio.com