• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
That's different, George is a disinformation robot sent from the future.

Evolution!

TigerLily

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
Well to put it more simply; people who put themselves into that kind of position could anticipate and overcome most threats or dangers, even when it's very disagreeable and can damage their personal life, to more effectively enforce their role and their statements.
Ah. *light bulb comes on*

BellBoy

Quote from: slippingaway on December 12, 2015, 07:28:25 PM

...ART, I NEVER GOT TO ASK YOU: IF IN THE EVENT OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, ARE WE ALL TO COME TO PAHRUMP AND FORTIFY IT AS THE LAST HOPE FOR HUMANITY?

This is the kind of shit that makes me glad I'm not a celebrity, that no one knows my name... or where I live.

So Arf came on the show last night for a short time?   He says that he is done with radio forever and is shutting it down for good.  Then goes on the show to hand the reins over.   Then states he might do a show from time to time?   Man I'm so out of the loop.   

What venue will he do this occasional show on?   I can't see how the network will survive - even though I am probably one of the few who listen to some of the other stuff.   

dot hash

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 12, 2015, 07:38:00 PM
Dude; the Wifey is Guilt-Tripping him. She is "The Force" to recon with on a 24/7/365 till-death-do-them-part basis. Dig?  "The Threat" is "inside the house", already, now, and tomorrow, and the day after as well. She put her foot down. End of story -- until and unless she becomes comfortable with the Totality of the lifestyle and all that might mean.

I could see how that would actually be realistic causality tbh. I think Art could probably get plenty of alternative luvvin' elsewhere though if he was in a marriage which truly clashed with his own aims and desires. Maybe you're just jealous that you don't have a bride? ;)

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 07:39:47 PM
Evolution!

Not sure how you got an uncensored photograph of his true form, but they will be coming to interrogate you about this.

Zenman

I think the MITD shows were better than the shows in the old days, not just because many of the most recent shows were great, but because of BellGab. We didn't have an Area 51, or Bugs, or Mel's Hole this time around, but I think if Open Lines Friday had continued, we were on the path to at least one of those classics-level type shows. And we would have seen it all come down together in the live thread. It would've been glorious.

Alas, it is what it is. One positive thing tho is that there's no non-compete this time, so if by some chance events happen to fall just right and Art is able to come back, we won't have to wait 2 years. Stranger things have happened.  :D

EarthAlien007

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but anyhow...

Art Bell

Quote from: Freyja on December 12, 2015, 06:53:29 PM
Cross post...posted it in last night's thread, however I would like to copy here also. If that's a no no, than please delete:

FWIW, let me throw my couple of cents in.

I have just finished trying to catch up on the latest happenings with Art and listened to last night's show.

As many of you have posted, none of this makes any sense.

Art apparently quits because his family is in danger, yet he comes back on the air after he announces his reasons for quitting,  despite his reason for quitting is allegedly that being on the air puts his family in danger and is traumatizing his daughter.  Then, he basically takes over the show, steers it, interviews the guest, calls breaks and names Heather the new host of MITD....and then he signs off.

So how does any of the above make any sense?!?!

Where were Airyn and Asia while he was on the air last night?

Was he not concerned about his/their safety by making this move? ...Asia hiding in her room?!?!

Were Heather's difficulties with the show at the start more important to motivate him to get on the air with her, than allegedly his families safety?...the reason for him quitting?!?!?

I give Heather Wade huge kudos for taking the show on last night...this must have been very high pressure and most difficult.

That said, after hearing her initial interview with Art before MITD debuted, and  then the show Art had her on as a pseudo co-host which many balked at ( and Art nixed her role in that), I have to say she would serve much better in a role with Art Bell as Robin is to Howard Stern.

I trust that Heather is savvy, smart and has a relatively nice voice, however IMHO her tone, approach and manner doesn't suit a venue as sole host for a late night intimate program like what we have experienced with Art.

Sorry Heather, I wish you more than well, however I won't be paying for any subscription with you hosting MITD. Not sure if I will even listen on any regular basis except when I'm awake on my local radio station until they cancel the show with this new development.

I am also so sorry for all the other causalities of this latest news: Keith Rowland and DMDN which seems to be done according to what RCH and Keith are alluding to, all the other podcast folks on DMDN etc.

What a total F*** up.

There was no other way for Art Bell to handle this with ensuring safety to his family and keeping MITD going with him in his chair?!?!?....

As Art has said many times, "Nothing is as it Seems" and sadly I think this may be one of those times..... :(   

Good luck Art...I wish you and your family well. I thank you for more than 2 decades of taking that ride with you.

For me, the ride is over.

Art has jerked his audience around one too many times for me this go round....and this latest one just broke this camel's back  :(

For the record I was in my own house on Skype. Also I see somebody has posted the third and most recent Police report on my FB page.

Art

slippingaway

Quote from: BellBoy on December 12, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
This is the kind of shit that makes me glad I'm not a celebrity, that no one knows my name... or where I live.
Indeed, I totally get that. I've prefered if the hosts says "undisclosed location." There's no reason people didn't need to know he was a KNYE studios instead of the guest-house or even in the soudproofed office.
And there's no good in telling people (that usually aren't smart enough on their own) that you can get someone's tower address if you know their HAM call-signs, and to talk about this huge set of towers, 2 houses, and a solar farm so people know WAY WAY MORE than they should.

Luckily for Art, I'm a force for good.  Most are. It only takes 1 irrational white-crow of a nutjob to prove that there are white-crow nutjobs.

Rix Gins

Quote from: BellBoy on December 12, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
This is the kind of shit that makes me glad I'm not a celebrity, that no one knows my name...or where I live.

You live on a ship.  At least part of the time...right?

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 12, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
You live on a ship.  At least part of the time...right?

Pwed

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Art Bell on December 12, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
For the record I was in my own house on Skype. Also I see somebody has posted the third and most recent Police report on my FB page.

Art

Art: God bless you and your family. I'm hoping the bad guy is found. Please rethink things after the holidays. Have a sit down with Asia and see how she's feeling. Hopefully the network and affiliates will wait. Maybe you can return part-time until this creep is found? Hire security that will secretly sit in wait for this guy.

We just hate to see your career end like this. The bad guys win. This just ain't right!

Meister_000

Quote from: dot hash on December 12, 2015, 07:50:27 PM
I could see how that would actually be realistic causality tbh. I think Art could probably get plenty of alternative luvvin' elsewhere though if he was in a marriage which truly clashed with his own aims and desires. Maybe you're just jealous that you don't have a bride? ;)

Hashimoto; He has said as-much multiple-times himself in the last few days -- if you care to read.  The point is, you have been harping about your dissapointment with his ability to handle the "outside" threat or danger. I'm telling you that it's the "inside" environment that has governed his decisions. Got it?

coaster

It's pretty silly that some people think the shooter thing was fake.

Danger!UFO

Art

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. We got you, Art!

ge30542

I'm confused, as Keith sends emails instructing us on how to cancel our subscriptions, and offering refunds, Art asks that we support Heather, stating he may show up once in awhile.
Are Keith and Art on the same page?

whoozit

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 08:05:50 PM
It's pretty silly that some people think the shooter thing was fake.
FIFY

dan7800

Art,

We will see you back when things calm down, even if for 1-2 shows a week.

I never even got a chance to call in and speak with Art. I'm off for 6 weeks now and was going to actually be able to stay up and call in.

Drat.

dot hash

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 12, 2015, 08:05:07 PM
Hashimoto; He has said as-much multiple-times himself in the last few days -- if you care to read.  The point is, you have been harping about your dissapointment with his ability to handle the "outside" threat or danger. I'm telling you that it's the "inside" environment that has governed his decisions. Got it?

You're misinterpreting my musings and suggestions for personal opinions. Which is probably more due to how I present them than any real fault of yours though. I understood what you were suggesting, however I find it somewhat unlikely.
I have zero disappointment in Art or his actions, very few people would put as much effort and time into something as he does/has. I was disappointed that there was not more data for me to collect, that's all.

slippingaway

Quote from: whoozit on December 12, 2015, 08:10:04 PM
FIFY
My reply to Keith's "How to Cancel Art Bell Subscription" is as follows:

I'm staying on board for Heather. Please don't let DMDN die from this.  Your
work is sound, Keith.  The cause is just.

dan7800

Quote from: slippingaway on December 12, 2015, 08:14:28 PM
My reply to Keith's "How to Cancel Art Bell Subscription" is as follows:

I'm staying on board for Heather. Please don't let DMDN die from this.  Your
work is sound, Keith.  The cause is just.

+1

Quote from: ge30542 on December 12, 2015, 08:09:16 PM
I'm confused, as Keith sends emails instructing us on how to cancel our subscriptions, and offering refunds, Art asks that we support Heather, stating he may show up once in awhile.
Are Keith and Art on the same page?

Hoagland also said that Keith was pulling the plug on the network last night.

whoozit

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
There's a source known for veracity.

slippingaway

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
Hopefully he was just a little distraught, and will not let DMDN die.

Dr. MD MD

Art

There are plenty here who would give you another listen, Art. Do some shows, don't do some shows. Any Art Bell is good and better than no Art Bell. I sincerely hope you're able to work this out in a way that salvages the DMDN and allows you a forum whenever you want. You should be considered Talk Show Host Emeritus by now. Happy holidays, Art!

inuk2600

Art

Hopefully the perp is caught or at least his identity becomes known soon so you and your family can have a safe and merry Christmas.

dan7800

2 new shows a week and then replays would be fine for me.

Danger!UFO

I'm going to miss the New Year's Eve prediction show(s).

My prediction: Art Bell will return to host Midnight in the Desert. DING DING DING DING!!!  ;)

iBelieve

Art

Art, I don´t undertand this logic. Your ¨stalker¨ is telling you to stop doing the show, yet now somebody else is doing it? Is Heather´s life going to be in risk? Also, why did you call in yesterday and you basically did the show, and you claim you´ll do the show from from time to time? I think really you´re quitting because the whip is being cracked by your wife, which I understand.. if that is the case, why not just do 2-3 shows a week-- hell even 1 show a week would be fine..

If your story is legit, then I still think you made a quick irrational decision. Poor Keith Rowland--- why couldn't you have put the show on Hiatus and lay low and proceeded to try and stop this lunatic? The police ¨report¨ you posted clearly said there was no evidence of gunshots or prowlers, etc.  :o

ge30542

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 12, 2015, 08:40:21 PM
Art, I don´t undertand this logic. Your ¨stalker¨ is telling you to stop doing the show, yet now somebody else is doing it? Is Heather´s life going to be in risk? Also, why did you call in yesterday and you basically did the show, and you claim you´ll do the show from from time to time? I think really you´re quitting because the whip is being cracked by your wife, amirite or no

If your story is legit, then I still think you made a quick irrational decision. Poor Keith Rowland--- why couldn't you have put the show on Hiatus and lay low and proceeded to try and stop this lunatic? The police ¨report¨ you posted clearly said there was no evidence of gunshots or prowlers, etc.  :o
In the words of Dr. Henry Lee,....."something wrong".