• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on October 15, 2015, 08:31:55 PM
We all know you don't need them to do that, jaz. :P

You hurtz ma fweelings.

Audiofile

Another example of the "Mandela Effect" is the controversy surrounding the spelling of the word "dilemma".

Many of us remember it being spelled "dilemna".

So many of us recall it being spelled as such that a website was created to point this out.
http://dilemna.info

popple

GIVE THAT SPIDER A SHOW!!!  8)

trostol

Quote from: popple on October 15, 2015, 09:25:44 PM
GIVE THAT SPIDER A SHOW!!!  8)

probably better then RCH

Skunk Ape

Another less than spectacular Mandela effect example is the theme song to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Myself and everyone I've asked remembers the words as "beautiful day in the neighborhood" but now the lyrics are "beautiful day in this neighborhood"

Clearly a glitch in the matrix is the only explanation  ;)

BobGrau

Quote from: Audiofile on October 15, 2015, 08:53:43 PM
Another example of the "Mandela Effect" is the controversy surrounding the spelling of the word "dilemma".

Many of us remember it being spelled "dilemna".

So many of us recall it being spelled as such that a website was created to point this out.
http://dilemna.info

Shit. This one applies to me. Wtf?

Tarbaby

Art, we Bellgabbers run the entire spectrum of the Art Bell curve.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 15, 2015, 07:16:48 PM
Plus.. everyone remember that famed King Henry VIII turkey leg painting??

This was a new one on me, I can't remember hearing anything of this before. If I had to guess about the origin of this one, I think people might be getting mixed up with a film made in the '30s called "The Private Life of Henry VIII", starring Charles Laughton. The most famous scene involves Henry at a banquet devouring any number of fowls and flinging them over his shoulder. Perhaps it bled into our unconscious somehow and we think we saw something that never actually existed? Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it involved something like that.

Edit: I just saw someone has said the exact same thing as me earlier in the thread. Sorry about that!

inuk2600

The basic problem is our memory is imperfect and we are suggestible.
I remember the Dukes of Hazzard and Sesame Street in vivid color, but I never watched those in color.

onan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 16, 2015, 08:08:03 AM

Edit: I just saw someone has said the exact same thing as me earlier in the thread. Sorry about that!

The main rule of Bellgab is that all posts must be congruent in meaning and intent, but must also have a different perspective. Then all posts must not offend anyone for any reason, including misunderstanding.

BobGrau

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2015, 09:51:15 AM
The main rule of Bellgab is that all posts must be congruent in meaning and intent, but must also have a different perspective. Then all posts must not offend anyone for any reason, including misunderstanding.

I thought the first rule of Bellgab is that you only talk about Bellgab.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2015, 09:51:15 AM

I try to follow these rules scrupulously, and to the letter at all times. The misunderstanding part is where I have trouble. I sometimes think that if my mutilated corpse was washed up on a beach somewhere about half of BellGab would have to be taken into questioning, although I'd just lock Falkie up as a precaution anyway.

However, there are some people on here (I won't name names, but their initials are IB) who like to make snarky remarks at people who are ten times smarter than they are. Envy is a terrible thing.

onan

Quote from: BobGrau on October 16, 2015, 10:10:00 AM

Oops, you are correct Sir. The rule I stated is in subsection 2A-Jerkoffs

onan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 16, 2015, 10:10:43 AM
I try to follow these rules scrupulously, and to the letter at all times. The misunderstanding part is where I have trouble. I sometimes think that if my mutilated corpse was washed up on a beach somewhere about half of BellGab would have to be taken into questioning, although I'd just lock Falkie up as a precaution anyway.

However, there are some people on here (I won't name names, but their initials are IB) who like to make snarky remarks at people who are ten times smarter than they are. Envy is a terrible thing.

I 'spect you'll have a good deal of learnin' to hand out.

ItsOver

Quote from: BobGrau on October 16, 2015, 10:10:00 AM
Ha!  Are you kidding?  There are NO rules for BellGab.  Well, other than there is the Great and Powful MV (in Dave Noorie-speak).

http://youtu.be/NZR64EF3OpA

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on October 16, 2015, 10:31:35 AM
Ha!  Are you kidding?  There are NO rules for BellGab.  Well, other than there is the Great and Powful MV (in Dave Noorie-speak).

Yea, I always considered it slightly controlled anarchy...predictably unpredictable...

ziznak

the first rule at bellgab is "fuck you, this is bellgab"

paladin1991

Quote from: Barfly on October 15, 2015, 02:42:02 PM
Only that she is blond and i would do her, i like blonds.

Not my cup of tea. 

Alaskana

Hey Georgie, I found a new product for you to advertise on Coast. Behold:

"Drink this delicious tumeric-coconut bedtime drink for sleep & digestion. Like a fine red wine, it's the perfect late night sipper to enjoy while listening to your favorite Coast to Coast host!"

(Yes, this is a real thing. And yes, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth).

;D

ziznak

oh jeeezuz! whats this Noory mess doing in the Art Bell thread!?!?

ok... lets get a big mop and clean up all this yellow... milk.... uhg that shit is nasty

inuk2600

Quote from: ziznak on October 16, 2015, 05:25:01 PM
oh jeeezuz! whats this Noory mess doing in the Art Bell thread!?!?

ok... lets get a big mop and clean up all this yellow... milk.... uhg that shit is nasty

Why ziznak, I do believe that's called a jiz snack

AppealPlay

Quote from: Alaskana on October 16, 2015, 01:56:00 PM
Hey Georgie, I found a new product for you to advertise on Coast. Behold:

"Drink this delicious tumeric-coconut bedtime drink for sleep & digestion. Like a fine red wine, it's the perfect late night sipper to enjoy while listening to your favorite Coast to Coast host!"

(Yes, this is a real thing. And yes, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth).

;D

TigerLily

Quote from: ziznak on October 16, 2015, 10:53:22 AM
This is our new motto to be emblazoned on....you can fill in the blank

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on October 16, 2015, 08:22:21 PM
This is our new motto to be emblazoned on....you can fill in the blank
+1

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ziznak on October 16, 2015, 10:53:22 AM

Get this emblazoned on coffee mugs and rosary cases and my Christmas shopping is done.

Art Bell

Good evening Gablets I am sitting here rocking out before the show and would like to invite any of you with Super Powers to call in. This has been a hard news Week and I am ready for some crazy so I figured come here.

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on October 16, 2015, 09:33:47 PM
Good evening Gablets I am sitting here rocking out before the show and would like to invite any of you with Super Powers to call in. This has been a hard news Week and I am ready for some crazy so I figured come here.

Art
Love ya Art.  Looking forward to Listening tonight

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on October 16, 2015, 09:33:47 PM

Art

Looking forward to Open Lines tonight!  Super powers, eh?  Sounds fun! :D