• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 26, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
... Now it's "racial inequality". How's that measured? When will we know we've reached the goal? What is the goal?
Or unequal pay for women. How's that measured? A bunch of cherry picked facts that don't coincide with reality?
Or man made climate disruption. Again, unmeasurable.
Or minimum wage. When is it enough? Why cant an amount be set and the tied into inflation?

It's always this way with the left. Vague unspecific goals with unmeasurable progress. It's because these causes aren't about fixing problems, they're about getting the lemmings to the polls...

It's actually worse than that.  The ultimate goal of the Left is a one-world Left-wing fascist government, run by them.  Everything they do is to advance that cause.

All the issues you listed, and more, are issues the Left uses to build resentment, division, and hate.  Since there can never be complete equality in everything across the board, they will always be able to use these issues against us.  With the goal of destroying the country.

Now they've managed to manipulate the dumb cluck players into bringing this into sports.  Colon Kapernick's girlfriend is a Black Lives Matter agitator.  You know, the people who chant about killing cops.  The people who lie about cops ''hunting'' Black kids.  The people who talk about ''white privilege'', ''microagression'', and who state that Trump and all his supporters are ''White Supremists'', ''Neo-Confederates'', and Klan members.  They are about as hateful, racist, and divisive as it gets.

To the players who think it's about something else, wake the fuck up.  To the owners who are too cowardly to stand up to their fool players and manipulated black fans, show some courage.  To the media who fan the flames, fuck off.

I think most observers think this is much ado about nothing.  Perhaps it will turn out that way, we'll have to see how it plays out - but the spread of this Marxist Fascism into our major sports should be setting off alarm bells.  Another highly visable American institution taken over by the Left.  Unfortunately, these guys are role models, and already we are seeing this disrespect for our country before ball games creeping into our jr high, high schools, and universities.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 26, 2017, 09:37:34 PM
We Americans could choose to have my money go or not go to the NFL out of protest

Citizens can't choose if their money goes to the Prez and his admin or not.

That's the difference, he is not a private citizen or a private business anymore. He IS the Government. He should use his time to deal with important things, not on how a private business slaps the wrist of their employee. Or how saying people who peacefully protest to lose their job. It's not a government place to do that.

Here's the thing.

I hate to keep bringing up Obama, but he is the one that started all this divisiveness.  He is the one that went well beyond the legal and traditional limits to his office.  When he was going beyond the limits of the presidency, when he was getting involved in issues well below the office - and the media and the Democrats were cheering him on - some of us warned that he was setting precedent, and some day we would have a president the Ds and their supporters didn't like nearly as well doing much the same. 

Well, here he is.  And he has a long long way to go to reach the level of his predecessor's malfeasence

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 11:19:18 PM
Here's the thing.

I hate to keep bringing up Obama, but ...

#MySides

Gd5150

And so it begins.

"Direct TV reverses its policy on refunds for NFL Direct Ticket due to demands for refunds."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/directv-allows-some-nfl-refunds-after-anthem-controversy-1506453159

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 27, 2017, 12:06:25 PM
And so it begins.

"Direct TV reverses its policy on refunds for NFL Direct Ticket due to demands for refunds."

What is there to refund? If people buy a season ticket they buy a season ticket. Not sure there is a provision in there that says "Oh, if my team upsets Trump and he deliberately and grotesquely conflates protesting against racism with the fallen military, I get my money back"  Nope...Not sure it does.

Gd5150

The NFL is now backtracking on its disrespectful protesting claiming its protesting by kneeling during the anthem is not a protest against the flag, the anthem, or the country.

QuoteI am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

- Colin Kaepernick

Now, "to demonstrate unity", the league is ordering players to call for fans to link arms during the national anthem. Huh? Unity in what? We already had unity.

People spending 1000's to be entertained by entertainers is showing unity for the game. People showing respect for the flag, the anthem, and the country, by standing and respecting the pregame ceremony is also showing unity.

Interrupting these unifying ceremonies is divisive and disrespectful. If celebrities want to call attention to a political cause they can at any pregame and post game press conference. They can at any media interview. They can anytime they want and will have no problem getting an interview.

Anything else is destructive to the game, destructive to the unified fan base, and destructive to the country. Which of course is always the real reason behind liberal movements. Anyone who tries to find any other logic in liberalism will only succeed in making their head explode. Good with that NFL.

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 27, 2017, 01:49:01 PM
The NFL is now backtracking on its disrespectful protesting claiming its protesting by kneeling during the anthem is not a protest against the flag, the anthem, or the country.

Now, "to demonstrate unity", the league is ordering players to call for fans to link arms during the national anthem. Huh? Unity in what?...

Unity with the idiots insulting the country and flag, who were called SOBs by Trump. 

Instead of them getting the message and getting up, everyone else has to show ''unity'' with them and their ''cause''.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 27, 2017, 12:19:35 PM
What is there to refund? If people buy a season ticket they buy a season ticket. Not sure there is a provision in there that says "Oh, if my team upsets Trump and he deliberately and grotesquely conflates protesting against racism with the fallen military, I get my money back"  Nope...Not sure it does.

Direct TV apparently didn't agree with you, they refunded the subscriptions as requested.  Sure, they could have refused, but they probably want future business.  I'm guessing most of the money goes to the NFL anyway. 

You know what would be great?  There have been atempts to revoke the NFL's non-profit and thus tax exempt status.  Not the teams, they are subject to business income taxes, but the NFL league office itself. 

The teams have various sweet loopholes as well, reducing the taxes they pay, perhaps a bill eliminating those is appropriate as well.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 09:21:05 PM
Well, Colon Kapernick stated "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color".  On the 4th of July this year he was in Ghana and tweeted the following:  ''How can we truly celebrate independence on a day that intentionally robbed our ancestors of theirs? To find my independence I went home'' (apparently to Ghana, he should have stayed there if that's how he feels)''. 

In other words regardless of what we have done as a country - from a civil war on - we shouldn't ever celerate the 4th of July.  Even people whose ancestors weren't even here yet.  Unless the Far Left takes over of course.

Whether a person agrees with him on any of this or not, whether they think he has a valid point or not, it IS disrespectful to the flag and to the country.  It's meant to be so - it's what he said.  If players say they are doing it for a different reason, that's not how it's being percieved because the message is already out.  But it's disrespectul no matter the reason anyway.

And it's perfectly valid for Donald Trump, or anyone else, to criticize that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-colin-kaepernick-in-ghana-tweets-about-finding-his-independence-on-july-4/ 

I just think that criticizing sitters for exercising their Constitutional right to sit is in poor taste.  If someone has the conscience to sit peaceably knowing it might make others uncomfortable, they probably have some serious reasons for doing so.  I would say not to judge them and to respect their right to sit.  Maybe try to politely find out their reasoning, but they obviously have enough Hell on their mind and probably don't need 20 questions.  There are so many possible reasons why someone might want to exercise their First Amendment here.

If your male elder was raised without a healthy father, and with a very sick father instead, because of the Tuskegee covert abuse experiment, there might be days when you don't feel like being patriotic.

If your sister lived her life in an expensive freezer, for fertilized surplus embryos for thirty years before being donated to a torturous slaughterhouse of a state-sponsored research department at a university, without even a decent demise, you might not want to stand for patriotism at times.

We signed off on free healthcare for Native Americans.  I don't see them getting it very well.  Should a person stand, when their lawful basic need is being ignored?

FEMA doesn't help everyone who needs it, and sometimes FEMA records are outdated, misleading prospective buyers about property.  Big decisions made on wrong information can result in unexpected family disasters and financially ruin.

Our country didnt help people enough in Hurricane Katrina and separated pets from their families due to poor response.  Why didn't The Army Corp of Engineers care about the levy preventatively?  As if people in New Orleans didn't ? matter?

Our country has associated and supported horrible regimes, condoning starvation prisons, little children working OT with no benefits, parents having to feed their kids coffee due to lack of food, and many much worse things.

We don't even have an equal rights bill.  Meanwhile, women still have to keep their top on, no matter how hot it is.  And women deal with the production reduction of locked restrooms at work (for their protection) while men can waltz in and out and get right back to work without being demeaned and slowed down by having to ask permission to use a bathroom key.  Not to mention the wage gap, while haircuts and dry cleaning cost women twice as much for no reason (lots of women have short hair).

Some federal student loan companies refuse to honor interest-free deferment periods, and instead, they bully debtors who can't afford an attorney (or who simply don't know their rights) into unethical (premature) interest-bearing agreements.

Innumerable people lost their private homes, their main asset and THE retirement need, when banks forced balloon loans on the masses from 2002-2012.  The banks received bail-outs, but no one compensated private families much, families who pretty much lost everything they worked for.

There are zillions of reasons a person might not want to partake at times.  Maybe my examples aren't perfect, but there is enough here just off the top of my head, not even counting most conspiracy theories, that it's pretty clear to me citizens might at times want to refrain from patriotic displays. I wouldn't pressure a citizen at a time when they are sincerely exercising their conscience.  No country is perfect.  Serious problems happen.  If a citizen has an issue weighing on their mind that much, they should be respected.

Quote from: Jojo on September 27, 2017, 10:39:18 PM
I just think that criticizing sitters for exercising their Constitutional right to sit is in poor taste...

I'm so tired of the Left being granted the right to do and say whatever they want, and no one else is ever supposed to criticize them or say anything.

Yet any time there is a Tea Party rally, or a Conservative speaker on some campus, it's perfectly acceptable for the thuggy ''protest'' groups to physically attack them and shut it down.  It's perfectly fine for the pretend media to join in on the attack.

Why is it the Left always attacks our country when they manage to gin up something they don't like?  No one else does that.  Did the real Americans disrespect our nation's symbols when Obama was out taking a wrecking ball to our country?  No.  Can you figure out why not, what the difference is?

Sorry, not interested in your one-way street.  Go ahead and protest.  Keep telling us what a crappy place this is.  But don't be surprised when every once in awhile the rest of us get fed up with it.

=Schlyder=

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you know what this was all based on?  Michael Brown (6' 4'', 290) had just beaten up and robbed a store clerk in Ferguson Missouri.  The cop that came across him was beaten to a pulp in the process of Michael Brown trying to take his gun away.  It seems likely that had the cop not managed to shoot him before that happened, it would have been the cop that was killed.  ''Hands up, don't shoot'' didn't happen, it was just another Left-wing lie meant to divide the country.  You know, the Left exercising their right to Free Speech again. 

Colon Kapernick, and the handful of other players have stated that they are kneeling or sitting because of incidents like this.  Yes, police have killed a certain number of blacks.  Mostly gang members and others that have either attacked police, shot at them, reached into their pants as if they had a gun, waved knives at them, and so.  The rest of us don't do any of that when we interact with the police.

From that the Left has created the narrative that police are out to murder blacks when they get the chance, and after years and years of those lies, and a number of killings mentioned above that the ''community'' didn't agree with, some blacks have become susceptable to believing it. 

(By community, I mean left-wing agitators and ambulance chasing attorneys who stir folks up for their own agendas, along with grandmothers telling TV cameras what nice kids their grandsons were.  And it spirals from there.  I live near Oakland, I know how it works.)

Most people don't see it that way.  We know it's a false narrative.  That's why only a handful of players followed Kapernick's lead. So along comes Trump and calls them SOBs.  They are SOBs.  Ignorant manipulated SOBs.  But the players decided to ''support'' their idiot teammates by various shows of ''unity''.  Which just so happen to disrespect the symbols of our country.  The fans and the rest of us have a right to our reactions as well.

136 or 142

Anybody who voted for Donald Trump is unpatriotic and hates America and should be fired.

Jackstar

Everyone who votes, already has been fired.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on September 28, 2017, 05:01:07 AM
Everyone who votes, already has been fired.

Well, they'll be laid off with the coming Trumpcession, but that's something completely different.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2017, 05:23:43 AM
Well, they'll be laid off with the coming Trumpcession, but that's something completely different.

At least you're consistent in your wankery. Will the sky be falling too?  ???

ItsOver

Now this is more like it.  A classy action, for a change.  Bravo.

Deshaun Watson gives first game check to Texans cafeteria workers who lost everything to Harvey

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/articleComments/Deshaun-Watson-gives-first-game-check-to-Texans-12235919.php

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 03:08:10 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/28/nolte-yahoo-sportswriter-shames-black-nhl-star-refuses-protest-national-anthem/

Trashes one of the few black players (a Canadian) for not supporting the protest.

His response should just be that hockey players aren't gay like football players. ;D

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2017, 08:10:31 AM
At least you're consistent in your wankery. Will the sky be falling too?  ???

Medical doctors tend to believe they're experts in everything (which is one reason why they disproportionately are victims of scams) but they generally know nothing about economics.

chefist

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2017, 04:06:06 PM
Medical doctors tend to believe they're experts in everything (which is one reason why they disproportionately are victims of scams) but they generally know nothing about economics.

Do you support Stalin and Mao?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

If there is a recession it will be totally deep state created in yet another attempt to dispense with Trump. I hope that blows up in their face the way everything else they've tried up till now has.  :D

136 or 142

Quote from: chefist on September 28, 2017, 04:06:48 PM
Do you support Stalin and Mao?

Do you support Hitler and Mussolini?

chefist

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
Do you support Hitler and Mussolini?

Ha...you don't deny supporting Commies then? true?

I made a simple request...and you deflected...therefore, you have endorsed Stalin and Mao...

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2017, 05:23:43 AM
the coming Trumpcession

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

136 or 142

Quote from: chefist on September 28, 2017, 04:25:13 PM
Ha...you don't deny supporting Commies then? true?

I made a simple request...and you deflected...therefore, you have endorsed Stalin and Mao...

I endorse them to the same extent that you endorse Hitler and Mussolini.