• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Yka

Don't miss the supermoon lunar eclipse tonight! The greatest eclipse takes place at 7:47 PM PT / 10:47 PM ET

indigoo

Quote from: Yka on September 27, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
Don't miss the supermoon lunar eclipse tonight! The greatest eclipse takes place at 7:47 PM PT / 10:47 PM ET

Didn't notice you on here before, Yka. Cyclops from GAF!

Yka

Quote from: indigoo on September 27, 2015, 04:06:15 PM
Didn't notice you on here before, Yka. Cyclops from GAF!

Hi! Yeah, I created an account here recently. This is my third post...

Art Bell MITD thread I'm maintaining on NeoGAF  :)

indigoo

Quote from: Yka on September 27, 2015, 04:28:23 PM
Hi! Yeah, I created an account here recently. This is my third post...

Art Bell MITD thread I'm maintaining on NeoGAF  :)

Yup, always reading that. Glad to see you here!

TigerLily

Quote from: Yka on September 27, 2015, 04:03:53 PM

I'm out on my upstairs deck with my iced beverages, cats and archived MiTD waiting for the moon to rise. Last night sky was overcast but clear tonight..Salud!

Jocko Johnson

******IMPORTANT QUESTION ******AND *****REQUEST*********
Can anyone please be kind enough to tell me if we had/have a thread with a list and files to hear a catalog of Art's past shows from over the years? If not here then where? There has to be one someplace?
I have tried to search BG to no avail. I also have found some on U Tubes but there are no method to the madness. In particular I was searching for the old John Titor shows with Art. Didn't he call in and also fax a few times before we heard from the mom and lawyer etc and that I  believe was with dave, yuck! Just can not listen. I am in enough pain already without subjecting myself to that!!!!!?
Altough I have been listening to Art from the very start I never taped or made any copies, just listened live. Most of the time in the radio car with my partner as we had only AM radio in the early years and Art was carrried on WABC 770 AM and or then WOR 910 AM, in NYC, both very powerful signals!  As we would be going in and out of the car, or into the  precient /station house and or squad room, peoples homes, stores, apt's or just in the streets. So at times we/I had some other kinda serious things to do that required most of our attention!! Someone, somewhere must have a site for the fans to stream or download.
I am recovering from some cervical spine surgery and it's been tuff to sleep and was trying to pass the time. I need another one done on the otherside of my neck and maybe something more extensive following that, so a lot of time to kill.

I'd very much appreciate the help...Redacted,  eddie dean, M V, Mr. Jazz of the land of Munda?? Little Chris, Paper Boy, Bateman...anyone ???
I will thank you in advance for your kind assistance...thank you!

Please just send me info etc via pm...again, thx.
Jocko Johnson

paladin1991

Why didn't you ask me?  WTF, chuck?

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 28, 2015, 02:28:01 AM
******IMPORTANT QUESTION ******AND *****REQUEST*********
Can anyone please be kind enough to tell me if we had/have a thread with a list and files to hear a catalog of Art's past shows from over the years? If not here then where? There has to be one someplace?
I have tried to search BG to no avail. I also have found some on U Tubes but there are no method to the madness. In particular I was searching for the old John Titor shows with Art. Didn't he call in and also fax a few times before we heard from the mom and lawyer etc and that I  believe was with dave, yuck! Just can not listen. I am in enough pain already without subjecting myself to that!!!!!?
Altough I have been listening to Art from the very start I never taped or made any copies, just listened live. Most of the time in the radio car with my partner as we had only AM radio in the early years and Art was carrried on WABC 770 AM and or then WOR 910 AM, in NYC, both very powerful signals!  As we would be going in and out of the car, or into the  precient /station house and or squad room, peoples homes, stores, apt's or just in the streets. So at times we/I had some other kinda serious things to do that required most of our attention!! Someone, somewhere must have a site for the fans to stream or download.
I am recovering from some cervical spine surgery and it's been tuff to sleep and was trying to pass the time. I need another one done on the otherside of my neck and maybe something more extensive following that, so a lot of time to kill.

I'd very much appreciate the help...Redacted,  eddie dean, M V, Mr. Jazz of the land of Munda?? Little Chris, Paper Boy, Bateman...anyone ???
I will thank you in advance for your kind assistance...thank you!

Please just send me info etc via pm...again, thx.
Jocko Johnson

See this thread:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5021.0

It would be nice if someone could make new torrent with the "new" SIT and extras shows that have been uncovered since this torrent. Seems we have gotten lax unearthing "new" classics with Art being back. I will admit I prefer listening to the new stuff over dusty 90's shows.

norland2424

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 28, 2015, 03:28:21 AM
See this thread:

It would be nice if someone could make new torrent with the "new" SIT and extras shows that have been uncovered since this torrent. Seems we have gotten lax unearthing "new" classics with Art being back. I will admit I prefer listening to the new stuff over dusty 90's shows.

how many "new" SIT are there?

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2015, 03:46:41 AM

Quite a few. I am not exactly sure of the count. Jaz might know, I think he stays on top of things but I could be wrong.

AppealPlay

Nick Redfern on Art tonight.  He was just on with RCH not too long ago and it got a little testy so I'm looking forward to this interview.

jazmunda

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2015, 03:46:41 AM

I don't know the exact statistics but upwards of 95% are "new".

Barfly

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 28, 2015, 05:30:52 AM
Nick Redfern on Art tonight.  He was just on with RCH not too long ago and it got a little testy so I'm looking forward to this interview.
Art is more passive than RCH, kind of a shame, RCH is getting feisty in his old age while Art is getting more laid back, at least thats my observation.

Bateman had Redfern on recently too and it was a great show. Should be a spooky night, what with Art still somewhat fresh from David Jacobs.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Barfly on September 28, 2015, 05:59:32 AM
Art is more passive than RCH, kind of a shame, RCH is getting feisty in his old age while Art is getting more laid back, at least thats my observation.

RCH has always been feisty when I have heard him, I don't think he's changed much. I don't think Art has ever been someone who is confrontational anyway. The occasions when he actually shuts someone down are pretty rare. That's probably the wisest way to be if you don't want to get the reputation of a headhunter, because then you might it hard to book many guests. I don't know what RCH had to be feisty about with Nick Redfern though, who always comes across as very amiable, despite looking like Dr Evil's dad. RCH is one of those people who always likes to think he is smarter than everyone else, so perhaps Nick wasn't giving him the deference his lofty eminence warranted.

With Art, you always have to read between the lines, you are almost never going to get a situation where he comes out and calls bullshit on something. You have to infer things from the tone of his voice, and also the bumper music he chooses. That's the problem with listening on the archive - you are slightly deprived of the pleasure of knowing that - through the selection of a certain piece of music - Art thinks his guest is batshit nuts.

Barfly

great observation, you sir deserve a twinkie

zeebo

I caught Nick on with Richard Syrett recently and he was good as usual.  Looking forward to tonite's show!

ItsOver

Quote from: Barfly on September 28, 2015, 11:56:05 AM
great observation, you sir deserve a twinkie
Or at least a cookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4m5HLVwsco

All hail Hoagie!  We are not worthy!

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 28, 2015, 10:06:09 AM
RCH has always been feisty when I have heard him, I don't think he's changed much. I don't think Art has ever been someone who is confrontational anyway. The occasions when he actually shuts someone down are pretty rare. That's probably the wisest way to be if you don't want to get the reputation of a headhunter, because then you might it hard to book many guests. I don't know what RCH had to be feisty about with Nick Redfern though, who always comes across as very amiable, despite looking like Dr Evil's dad. RCH is one of those people who always likes to think he is smarter than everyone else, so perhaps Nick wasn't giving him the deference his lofty eminence warranted.

With Art, you always have to read between the lines, you are almost never going to get a situation where he comes out and calls bullshit on something. You have to infer things from the tone of his voice, and also the bumper music he chooses. That's the problem with listening on the archive - you are slightly deprived of the pleasure of knowing that - through the selection of a certain piece of music - Art thinks his guest is batshit nuts.

Evidently it's true that "it takes one to know one".  :P

I'm thinking if Art were to ever interview you this would be one of his bumper music selections....  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f4CyQto-0E

TigerLily

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 28, 2015, 03:28:21 AM
See this thread:

Indeed! But good to know we have the Historical Documents. Remember not too long ago when we were all about keeping U7 alive when the davebots were trying to kill it. Now Life is Good  8)

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 28, 2015, 05:30:52 AM
I was going to save this thought for tonight's show but here goes, anyhow.
This may be blasphemous, but I really wish Hoagie could do a better job checking his ego at the door. It's tolerable when I'm paying as much attention to the posts as the show. But when I'm 19.5ing, it's very annoying and frustrating. Redfern's appearance was a good example. And this a.m. I just finished the Sacred Geometry podcast. Richard started out ok, then he has to show off all his knowledge, which he doesn't really have on this topic and kept derailing the poor lady.
Ok Hoagmeisters. Let me have it. I can take it

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 28, 2015, 10:06:09 AM

Sredni? Have you been taken over by the Pod People? Nice to see a non-snarky post. Welcome to civilization. Just remember, I keep my chair and whip handy

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 01:57:07 PM
This may be blasphemous, but I really wish Hoagie could do a better job checking his ego at the door. It's tolerable when I'm paying as much attention to the posts as the show. But when I'm 19.5ing, it's very annoying and frustrating. Redfern's appearance was a good example. And this a.m. I just finished the Sacred Geometry podcast. Richard started out ok, then he has to show off all his knowledge, which he doesn't really have on this topic and kept derailing the poor lady.
/reported. This is going on your permanent record little missy.

.:. As a very apt constructive criticism.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2015, 02:10:42 PM
/reported. This is going on your permanent record little missy.

.:. As a very apt constructive criticism.
I know I should take this criticism right to Richard but can't think of a pleasant way to word it.
How about "Get over yourself you big egomaniac!" See no nice way to say it
Btw we need a Hoagie live thread like Art's.

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 01:57:07 PM

A jerk and a blowhard who needs to talk down to other hosts, the listeners, and the callers.  Always has been, he isn't going to change.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 02:15:06 PM
I know I should take this criticism right to Richard but can't think of a pleasant way to word it.
How about "Get over yourself you big egomaniac!" See no nice way to say it
Btw we need a Hoagie live thread like Art's.
Send a PM to SaucyRossy, if he gets enough of them RCH might listen. Although RCH has been with Robin for a looooong time and she hasn't been able to control him.  Or maybe she has and we are seeing the best RCH possible.

norland2424

Quote from: jazmunda on September 28, 2015, 05:46:19 AM
I don't know the exact statistics but upwards of 95% are "new".

Nice is there a link or thread on here about them?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2015, 02:24:54 PM
Send a PM to SaucyRossy, if he gets enough of them RCH might listen. Although RCH has been with Robin for a looooong time and she hasn't been able to control him.  Or maybe she has and we are seeing the best RCH possible.
Ok. Worth a try

norland2424

Quote from: TigerLily on September 28, 2015, 02:36:36 PM
Ok. Worth a try

You can email hoagie directly, to his credit he does respond back.

TigerLily

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
You can email hoagie directly, to his credit he does respond back.
I know. Can't figure out how to word it - see above