• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Critical Omissions with Douglas Dietrich

Started by Walks_At_Night, April 11, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Gunner65

Dietrich says the Spanish Flu Pandemic was caused by US troops who were shipped to Spain in 1917, killing over 100 million people.  I don't find any such hypotheses regarding the source of the pandemic as being specifically US troops. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

The cases of Spanish Flu among US troops were the result of vaccinations given prior to deployment to France.  https://www.thoughtco.com/1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-1779224  No one is quite sure exactly where the Spanish flu first struck. Some researchers have pointed to origins in China, while others have traced it back to a small town in Kansas. The best recorded first case occurred in Fort Riley. Spain was not a combatant in WW1 and US troops were shipped to France.

Gunner65

"Jared Kushner is actually a woman "She-male" and Ivankas children were created by in vitro fertilization"

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 19, 2018, 08:06:14 PM
"Jared Kushner is actually a woman "She-male" and Ivankas children were created by in vitro fertilization"

Who knew?   :D

I'm late again.  Was at the WalMart with Mrs. Walks    :'(

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 19, 2018, 08:18:25 PM
Who knew?   :D

I'm late again.  Was at the WalMart with Mrs. Walks    :'(
I hope not in B'more....I saw on news last week some controversy about NAZI paraphernalia guy and now we got a dude on PCP attacking people? The Salvation Army rules for enlistment have sunk pretty low..

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/12/18/walmart-customer-assaulted-after-salvation-army-bell-ringer-allegedly-ingests-pcp/

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2018, 08:26:01 PM
I hope not in B'more....I saw on news last week some controversy about NAZI paraphernalia guy and now we got a dude on PCP attacking people? The Salvation Army rules for enlistment have sunk pretty low..

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/12/18/walmart-customer-assaulted-after-salvation-army-bell-ringer-allegedly-ingests-pcp/

Wow.   Negative on Baltimore!  Whew.

Gunner65

The Russians attempted to invade mainland Japan?

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 19, 2018, 08:36:14 PM
The Russians attempted to invade mainland Japan?

Ssshhhhh.  He's on a roll.......................     ::)

Gunner65

WAN Heather had some UFO dude on last night - sounded like Aquino!

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 19, 2018, 08:38:22 PM
WAN Heather had some UFO dude on last night - sounded like Aquino!

Yeah.  I was wondering if she had the real deal on or not!

Gunner65

I don't believe it was him...not Aquinos' bag, or his style.  But the guy was a dead-ringer...even had the same laugh!  I should have recorded a clip for a comparison.

Just pulled this Ad. Hey Dietrich.  Check it out!   You wanna get back in the Merc game?

So he's just reading the DrudgeReport to us with dropouts.     He's never gonna break that 50 listener mark with this routine.

Quote26 watching now

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 19, 2018, 08:36:22 PM
Japanese WWII Super Weapon

I got one in much better condition from my Grandpa who was there in the Pacific. I think, maybe, an officer's? Because in great condition and bayonet not used, though I haven't blacklighted it. Though I have never fired it (everyso often tempted to buy some ammo at a gunshow etc for it but also always worried, which is absurd I guess, about it being bobby-trapped or bad metal or some "Jap Play."

Gunner65

He must think his listeners don't read any news on their own...

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2018, 08:51:43 PM
I got one in much better condition from my Grandpa who was there in the Pacific. I think, maybe, an officer's? Because in great condition and bayonet not used, though I haven't blacklighted it. Though I have never fired it (everyso often tempted to buy some ammo at a gunshow etc for it but also always worried, which is absurd I guess, about it being bobby-trapped or bad metal or some "Jap Play."

Cool!  In good shape huh?   "Never fired and only dropped once!"

Does it have the Emperor's Seal on it?

Gunner65

type 99 arisaka with intact mum 7.7mm  325.00

Gunner65

The first milsurp rifle I ever fired was one of those.  My neighbors father brought one back and let me shoot it - I was 16 or so.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 19, 2018, 08:53:56 PM
Cool!  In good shape huh?   "Never fired and only dropped once!"

Does it have the Emperor's Seal on it?
The flower deal on top? I got to find it (currently in attic somewhere) I think? But been some years since I looked. It did have some iron adjustable sights on it that flip out and have windage and elevation but not in our markings (still amazed that folks can do that even with our old guns.) The curved tanged bayonet which, for whatever reason, I thought was cool as a kid.

Gunner65

Yes.  The "Mum" or whatever should be on the top/rear of the receiver.

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2018, 08:58:59 PM
The flower deal on top? I got to find it (currently in attic somewhere) I think? But been some years since I looked. It did have some iron adjustable sights on it that flip out and have windage and elevation but not in our markings (still amazed that folks can do that even with our old guns.) The curved tanged bayonet which, for whatever reason, I thought was cool as a kid.

Yes.  That is the Imperial Seal of Japan - a Chrysanthemum

Gunner65

I bet the ammo is pricey...if you can find it.  Maybe over $2 a round.

albrecht

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 19, 2018, 09:01:44 PM
Yes.  The "Mum" or whatever should be on the top/rear of the receiver.

I think it had. I need to recheck it (and find it. Tend to collect stuff. haha.) I was surprised how the Japs could carry. Fairly heavy being solid wood and them being short types. The bayonet though was almost pristine and still oiled (not sure what they used. Hopefully not Korean, Chinese, or Allied fat.

A great many of them had the Imperial Seal removed or defaced before they were turned in at the time of surrender.  So it's cool that you have one where it is intact.

Gunner65

The good ole days of milsurps are going away...unfortunately.  I hear prices are getting ridiculous.  I really should have collected a few when I had the chance.

"Be teetering"        I hate that "Be" shit that he does as of late.  Annoying as all get out.

Gunner65

yeah!  some "elizabethan" fixation for using it instead of "is" or "are".... ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 19, 2018, 09:18:15 PM
The good ole days of milsurps are going away...unfortunately.  I hear prices are getting ridiculous.  I really should have collected a few when I had the chance.
The days of various barrels soaked in grease of Mausers etc are going away. I saw them going for several hundred now (and bad ones) at Cabela's and a decade, or so, ago you would be getting good Enfields and Mausers for $50 or less (depending on condition, type, etc.) Good times.