Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

BellBoy

Quote from: trostol on December 17, 2015, 07:43:53 PM
guess my lil soliloquy was for nothing lol

Not to say "I told you so" but...  ;)

CornyCrow

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 07:46:08 PM
Art mentioned on air that his phone provider was unable to trace the call also. Remember when he said that on air?
Good point.  Yes, I remember.  I just don't know how normal an occurrence that is.

People on this board should realize that blind following of any person or ideology is unhealthy.  It is how dictators gain and keep power.  It is how repressive governments and religions gain and keep power. 

It is sweet that so many want to remain faithful at almost any cost, but this loyalty also makes you vulnerable to those with vile intent.  I'm not talking here of Art, but maybe of some other aspect of your life, or maybe one that you will meet down the road. 

There is no religion, person, government that is higher than the truth.  We may never reach Truth in this life, but we should always be aiming for it. 

Freyja

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 07:20:44 PM
Art's words: "I don't know."

Guess a question may be if Art doesn't know if was a firecracker or a gun shot, then how is quitting the show any solution for the safety of his family? The police as far as we know haven't found any evidence of any gun shots.

Please do not think that the Pahrump police department do not know that Art Bell is just not a regular resident...not that this should matter.

Have there been any reports on ANY media anywhere else that Art Bell is the target of a gun toting stalker? Since he is famous and a member of the Radio Hall of Fame and a media personality, don't any of you find this a bit strange?

Come on people....get real.

As Art has said, "nothing is as it seems" and this may just be one of those times.

With more than sadness, I smell BS everywhere with this and it makes me more than sad.

Why don't we ask this?

Why did Art really quit?

Remember, Art Bell is/was a millionaire, several times over when he sold his show way back when ( app. $9M if I remember correctly)...a man with many options and many connections....not to mention significant $$

That said above, his only solutions to this latest event is to quit MITD, yet stay in the place the alleged events happened, with no additional security, watching cars drive by his home. He has a condo an studio in the Philippines that he has broadcast from before with success.

What all this seems to tell me is, that Art for whatever reason no longer wants to do the show.

Why? ...your guess is as good as mine and I don't have one.

As BB said, maybe "The Thrill is Gone" and Art got his thrill by getting to almost success with MITD and with all of us hanging here with baited breath with adulation, over and over and over again.... which in retrospect may not be deserved.   

RoseGirl

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:45:39 PM
You're projecting. 

I do not hero-worship.  Searching for truth should never be offensive.  Art is a public figure.  His life is much more open for viewing than yours.  The boundaries are set differently.  I am questioning his version of what happened and see that certain of his actions may not substantiate his public posture.  That should not be considered offensive, but clarifying.

You are painting everything in black and white and then emotionally trafficking off of the polarization. It's an old trick.

But by all means, think of it as 'clarification'.

K_Dubb

OH Lord.  Where's that egg nog?

My opinion: I believe, that Art believes--something happened.

Yes, I could tear holes in Art's account. Some, big enough a semi truck could drive through...  *sigh* I'm not going to Pahrump to investigate, so, "I don't know."

**edit**

Onan (my BellGab father) would be very disappointed. Bygones...

nika01

And luminaries like Lil Wayne are worth $150 mil . Go figure

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 07:46:08 PM
Art mentioned on air that his phone provider was unable to trace the call also. Remember when he said that on air?

I've wondered about that part of the story.  Does "unable to trace" by the provider mean they do not have the technology or they can't legally do it without police direction and/or a court order?

Chronaut

Quote from: nika01 on December 17, 2015, 06:00:59 PM
That assumes Dames could find his ass with a flashlight
Zing!  Yep - I'm still waiting on "The Killshot."  If that ever happens, I'll solemnly apologize to Dames for calling him a Vaudevillian huckster.

starrmtn001

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 07:02:11 PM
Art went to the store for cigarettes.  That was 6 NIGHTS ago!
rekcuf is your avatar a pic of you?  If so, then thank you for your service Sir. ;)

malliard

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 08:07:36 PM
I've wondered about that part of the story. 
Do not wonder to far, you will get lost.

Soylentblue

Maybe a quick call to Major Ed Dames and the problem of the stalker can be resolved?

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 17, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
rekcuf is your avatar a pic of you?  If so, then thank you for your service Sir. ;)

You're welcome, it was an honor. Yes, that's me.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 17, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
Maybe a quick call to Major Ed Dames and the problem of the stalker can be resolved?
You'd have better success if you called this dude.

Quote from: nika01 on December 17, 2015, 08:04:46 PM
And luminaries like Lil Wayne are worth $150 mil . Go figure

A MILLI A MILLI A MILLI

whytide

Quote from: Art Bell on December 17, 2015, 02:00:45 AM
This stalker seemed to clearly be escalating his actions, I don't know what would or will come next

We understand. Is it possible to pre-record something that Heather can play on the air? Where you explain the situation to the listeners. In theory, a whole program could even be done that way, though that is not ideal...

One way or another, if you read this, Thanks, Art Bell, for all these good years radio! You are a national treasure.

wr250

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 17, 2015, 08:15:51 PM

well then we would for 100% sure who the stalker isnt.

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 17, 2015, 08:01:33 PM
OH Lord.  Where's that egg nog?

Here you go! *hands you mug*

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 07:47:16 PM
Also, seems like the usual escalation you read about with stalkers. Cut wires, phoned death threats, trespassing, shots fired. 

I haven't read all the pages and pages and pages and pages...so maybe these items have been addressed. I've been resisting going into the speculation rabbit hole. But here I am anyway  ::). But just this one time, then I'm going cold turkey, I swear

No, yeah you're way ahead of this lot.  We're still essentially divided into camps, listed below in order of vociferousness:

1.)  The "suspicious that Art et al. are all lying and/or withholding key facts, and pretending that an imaginary conspiracy theory is a reasonable position" camp, and

2.)  The "trusting of the account as told and worried for Art and his family but deeply disappointed about it" camp.

I may have missed a post among the thousands I've read in the last few days, but I don't recall anyone mentioning the very clear and criminally typical escalation you cited above.  Perhaps in a few months once we can all think logically rather than emotionally, we'll be capable of conducting a dispassionate debate on this matter.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Catsmile

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 07:06:21 PM
Or as Art said himself it could have been a firecracker.  Something else to think about, eh?

Hummm... Maybe Rosegirl could whip up a chart, or sleep in a smaller box focusing her MegaWooâ,,¢ divining all the unknowns for Art.  Something else to think about, eh?

K_Dubb

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 08:25:44 PM
Here you go! *hands you mug*

Much obliged, sir; you are no troll.

RoseGirl

Gawd...does any one NOT have him on ignore?

Chronaut

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 08:30:03 PM
Gawd...does any one NOT have him on ignore?
I don't know who you're talking about, but I've been searching for an ignore button since last Friday.  But I couldn't find it, and now my corneas have second-degree burns.  I assume that it was removed, for reasons incomprehensible to me.

TigerLily

Actually, one more theory...follow the money. Who has gained the most benefit from this alleged crime? Art, Keith, even Ashcraft? Laughable. Snorch? Maaaaybe.
Lots of activity here on Bellgab, lots of clicks, lots of new members....
MV, Where were you on the nights of these alleged crimes?

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 08:33:46 PM
Actually, one more theory...follow the money. Who has gained the most benefit from this alleged crime? Art, Keith, even Ashcraft? Laughable. Snorch? Maaaaybe.
Lots of activity here on Bellgab, lots of clicks, lots of new members....
MV, Where were you on the nights of these alleged crimes?

Reasonable question...

chefist

Hi foliks! Is there an "Art Comeback" notification option on BellGab?