• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rest In Peace FortRock (Douglas Stingley)

Started by HumanBeing, April 29, 2018, 08:52:45 AM

HumanBeing

:(

I was wondering earlier why FortRock hasn't been around in a while, especially with all the dramatics within Art's world these past few years, and I remembered that I did know his full name once upon a time because he had posted on Art's facebook page years ago.

Since then I could only ever recall his first name but never his last... until earlier this morning.

It did not take long to see that he had tragically passed away sometime around May/June of 2016 after falling down the stairs and succumbing to blunt force head trauma.

He was definitely one of the most colorful and interesting characters that BellGab ever graced.
Even to this day he is mentioned and his picture is used as the website photo that appears in tabs and such.

I would not disclose his facebook page if I was not 100% positive he was deceased now almost 2 years.
If anyone is interested in checking it out... here it is https://www.facebook.com/douglas.stingley

When Art passed I wonder did FortRock stand in line to meet him... That would have been a sight to see  :)

Rest In Peace Douglas 'FortRock' Stingley.
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1993

Juan

I, too, had wondered where he was.

chefist

RIP DOUG. I FOLLOWED YOU ON FB, BUT DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS. YOU ARE MISSED.

Appears folks were wishing him a happy birthday even this year, when a friend posted that he was deceased and to remove his name. You had to scroll down the page to learn that it happened 2 years ago.  I remember when he was moving to his new home, and he was posting about it. Wow...

RIP  :'(

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. He's with Art now.

BobGrau

A random-ish selection of Golden Age CoastGabia:

Quote from: FortRock on January 25, 2011, 09:57:21 PM
Let's play a game called "Who Can't Talk, And Why"! There are two people out in radioland who have not "talked" so far; Art Bell and Alan Corbeth. Could Art say goodby in a censored manner on the Coast Website? The answer is yes, BUT we all know Art would not do so! Art can't talk because he'll be censored, and what he'll reveal as to his future (Art will not pull punches) would not please the Noory Mafia! Alan Corbeth can't talk because he's involved in a future project with Art. Both can't talk because Art's Contract Period has not expired yet, remember Art declined renewal and was on the air last in late October! Art has been muzzled for now at the Fantastic Forum because of this contract issue! The quality of program at Coast has declined to laughable status, just like the pajama-wearing Mike Siegal's era. Check the Linda Moulton Howe show for Thursday, just rerun subjects from the last 3 months! We have hit bottom! Let's play a game of "Who Is Listening To Us", just how tapped in is Art when he's not running after Asia? We know Art, we know his keen and razor-sharp intellect! Why are we tapped in so tightly to this thread? Because we know in our hearts and minds that Art and Alan are monitoring our every word! Art has the detective mind-set, and this is evidence of his return!!

RIP SCORPION GENERAL

Yorkshire pud

I remember him well. Quite a bloke.

SredniVashtar

There was a clip of him talking about Wiccans somewhere, if anyone can find it. Obviously as mad as a walrus mousse, but harmless.

Dateline

Leading the Scorpion Army on the other side, RIP Fort Rock.  There will never be another you.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on April 29, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
Leading the Scorpion Army on the other side, RIP Fort Rock.  There will never be another you.

Fittingly, memorialized at BellGab.com.

starrmtn001

You will be missed, Fort Rock. :'(

TigerLily

SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PASSING, GENERAL ROCK. THE SCORPION ARMY MOURNS YOUR PASSING AND WISHES YOU GODSPEED (BELATEDLY) AND REST IN PEACE. all caps in tribute

#GONEBUTNOTFORGOTTEN

Oh wow.  I am so sorry to hear this - his posts were always good for a smile.

Jackstar

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 29, 2018, 08:52:45 AM
around May/June of 2016 after falling down the stairs and succumbing to blunt force head trauma

Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

Lord Grantham

In honor of our fallen commander.

MV/Liberace!

You cannot view this attachment.

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on July 30, 2022, 09:18:29 PMYou cannot view this attachment.
Unfortunately, that image file is just not working for me.  Unless you intended:

Nautical Shore?

-p

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on July 30, 2022, 09:18:29 PMfort rock scream.jpg
Consider my previous post as a "reject," soor.

Apogees!

-p