• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Now I know what that Laverne and Shirley song was about...

Bluejay

Thanks for clarifying.  No Hitler/Trump morphing gifs!

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 02, 2018, 11:17:16 PM
Now I know what that Laverne and Shirley song was about...

+1

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 10:24:56 PM
Do you mean weather-wise or something else? ???
With 18 kids running around the house, I would think that she probably meant that her and Dave are working on #19...  ;)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WOTR on July 02, 2018, 11:32:44 PM
With 18 kids running around the house, I would think that she probably meant that her and Dave are working on #19...  ;)

Will they have open lines?

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on July 02, 2018, 11:35:03 PM
Will they have open lines?
Like a Jerry Lewis Telethon. You can sponsor a kid for a year.

Jackstar

Is this really who is listening to this show? What a bunch of pathetic try-hards.

Bluejay

Quote from: Jackstar on July 02, 2018, 11:50:13 PM
Is this really who is listening to this show? What a bunch of pathetic try-hards.

Aquarius

Actually, I'm listening carefully and think this is one of Dave's better shows! I really like Braude, and Dave is doing a great job with a difficult topic. Great show, thanks Mr. Winnie!

WeinerInHand

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 02, 2018, 11:37:32 PM
Like a Jerry Lewis Telethon. You can sponsor a kid for a year.

Welp, alright... As long as it's not an auction.

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on July 02, 2018, 11:53:38 PM
Actually, I'm listening carefully and think this is one of Dave's better shows! I really like Braude, and Dave is doing a great job with a difficult topic. Great show, thanks Mr. Winnie!

Dave, Deepak Chopra has said that the mind does not create consciousness, but rather consciousness creates the mind. As in we are all part of one universal consciousness and are all ultimately connected. Our modern exploration of physics seems to be showing this to be true, but it's a very complex issue. Chopra was quoting several ancient spiritual disciplines, all of which said the same thing.

In 1975 Fritjof Capra wrote "The Tao of Physics" all about this parallel between ancient spiritual systems and modern physics... great book, may still be available. Also "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters," Gary Zukaf's first book, similar in theme, from 1979.

Does Braude know of this concept of consciousness creating mind (consciousness is not limited to nor created by the mind/brain)? Or of either of these books?

Great show, thanks!

WeinerInHand

I've noticed that Dave wished Heather the best with her show but not one kind word for Midnight in the Diner by Bart Ell Productions.
Is this an industry snub?

Spookcat

WOTR

Quote from: Aquarius on July 03, 2018, 12:01:37 AM
Dave, Deepak Chopra has said that the mind does not create consciousness, but rather consciousness creates the mind. As in we are all part of one universal consciousness and are all ultimately connected. Our modern exploration of physics seems to be showing this to be true, but it's a very complex issue. Chopra was quoting several ancient spiritual disciplines, all of which said the same thing.

In 1975 Fritjof Capra wrote "The Tao of Physics" all about this parallel between ancient spiritual systems and modern physics... great book, may still be available. Also "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters," Gary Zukaf's first book, similar in theme, from 1979.

Does Braude know of this concept of consciousness creating mind (consciousness is not limited to nor created by the mind/brain)? Or of either of these books?

Great show, thanks!
Dave seems to like your post...

I have to be a little concerned when Dave asks a question, and the guest responds by with the query "are you asking me?"  How many "mind expanding drugs" did he do prior to the show?!?

Sean92008

Night all, Miss Winnie, Mr. Winnie, All the BG gang (well, most of y'all).

The guest sounds tired, I am too.

K_Dubb

The old superstition of "naming calls", the idea that talking about something bad might bring it about, seems like it could be a large-scale social inoculation against this sort of thing.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 03, 2018, 12:11:46 AM

G'night

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on July 03, 2018, 12:01:37 AM

Great show, thanks!

Dave, thanks so much for asking him! His reply and this discussion is so interesting and complex, thank you again!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on July 03, 2018, 12:09:56 AM
How many "mind expanding drugs" did he do prior to the show?!?

Not enough, apparently.

Spookcat

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 03, 2018, 12:11:46 AM

Goodnight. I love your cat avatar!

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on July 03, 2018, 12:13:58 AM
Dave, thanks so much for asking him! His reply and this discussion is so interesting and complex, thank you again!

Dave, there was a detailed article in the Institute of Noetic Sciences Journal in the 1990's (sorry I don't have the exact reference handy) which documented in detail these kinds of physical changes that different "alters" experienced in cases of multiple personalities, like eye color changes, vision changes, blood test changes, etc. when switching "alters" or personalities in addition to personality changes. Fascinating.

Sean92008

Came back, did Dave just refer to Heater Wad?

Ok done tonight....

WOTR

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 03, 2018, 12:20:16 AM
Came back, did Dave just refer to Heater Wad?

Ok done tonight....
G'night.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 02, 2018, 02:07:15 AM
Anyone who believes probe ass' story please pm me? I have some beautiful swamp ah I mean lots in FLORIDA, for sale ready to build on!

If that's not what ur looking 4 a georgous old brigde, very famous attraction that could be a very lucrative investment to show to the city dwellers and tourist alike. Spans the East River in NYC connects Brooklyn to NYC and back! Put ip yoll booths. Other bridges are charging $17 r/t. You be a nice guy charge, like...$10-$12! Millions of cars go over every day. Charge more for taxis, trucks, suv's, hey the skys the limit!!!? You can give tours, charge to use the walking path set up vendor licensed spots (sell hot dogs, pretzels, in the winter months sell chestnuts roasting on an open  fire, hot and or cold drinks) it will be like printing money $$$!!!$$$!!! Comes right out at Police HQ on the NYC side so very safe too?

JUST BEEN RE-PAINTED THE ORIGINAL HISTORIC COLOR SCHEME...THE ECONOMY IS DOING SO WELL THE PRICE IS SET TO SELL!!!??

This is a great deal, once u pay it's urs. Not like probe ass boy, u pay for his stuff, u own nada & he still wants a monthly fee! He may not keep those credit card #'s but who knows what those implants are recording? U see a charge from his Anus or Mars maybe Pluto...what u gonna do
call NASA, THE NEW SPACE FORCE Forget it baby
He's a joke!!!!!! Right?
Now you know just as well as I do that swamp land sells for top dollar and I mean top dollar.