• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Need Wifi/Webfi radio advice

Started by laserjock, January 02, 2014, 09:13:34 PM

laserjock

What internet/wifi/webfi radios will support Dark Matter Radio Network and also SXM network?  How do they work, are they apps?  What OS do these radios use?  Where do you get the apps?

Juan

I use one of the Grace Digital radios.  I think C Crane sells one now.  I found mine on Amazon.  I have no idea what OS it uses.  The apps are built in.  The Sirius app is easy to set up.  For Dark Matter, I found the url for the darkmatter stream, then went online to the Grace Digital site, went to "My Streams" and put in the url.  It's all in the manual. It also comes with various apps to get radio stations around the world.  Out of the debacle of Dark Matter, and the money I spent, I've been happy with the Grace Digital.

area51drone

I'd love to get car stereos for my suv and my convertible that get wifi from my phone and allow me to tune into any stream of my choice.   I'm sure they make them, I just haven't done any research.

MV/Liberace!

i think you could use any radio that is capable of opening .pls files or allows you to type a specific ip address to hear.  this would pretty much be any wifi radio that can play shoutcast.

williedee

Quote from: MV on January 03, 2014, 05:00:57 PM
i think you could use any radio that is capable of opening .pls files or allows you to type a specific ip address to hear.  this would pretty much be any wifi radio that can play shoutcast.

The only thing you need to watch out for is if you'd like to listen to stations that don't provide direct streaming urls.. which is almost every terrestrial radio station at this point. Luckily with a little googleing I've been able to find a URL for just about every station, even iheartradio stations like KFI.