• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

PaulK

Did Vara just lost bunch of Live shows on his LNM Network.
All that yellow was full of individual shows just couple of days ago.

http://lnmradionetwork.com/radio-schedule/

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 20, 2018, 10:47:46 AM
A contrarian view:  blame and credit in relationships are community property, split 50/50.  Art's inclination and ability to dissociate with his progeny suggests something is wrong but, beyond that, it's hard to distinguish Marsha's and Vincent's characterizations from the kinds of things exes always say -- Vincent's only heard one side all his life.  Accusations of sociopathy, narcissism and manipulation are just spent ammunition in the war of love.

Thanks.  Pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not that I would "disbelieve" Vincent. I'm sure that he is being truthful insofar as he is able to given his somewhat distant relationship.  I have no doubt that what he tell us is "his truth", and I can understand where he is coming from considering Arts behaviour.

dsz

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
Vincent was born in '65.  I don't think the swinging scene had caught on yet.

Art was an early adopter.

dsz

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

Vara is just lost.

dsz

Is there some fancy audio of this 'test show' somewhere? I regret deciding not to catch it live at the time. 

sydtron

Quote from: Radio Activity on May 20, 2018, 09:19:37 AM
A pirated version of last night's Gabcast will be streaming shortly on the Martinez Tonight Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/PTp65g

Radio, love your Avatar! That's where part of my user name comes from.

WOTR

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

Drop in some more yellow blocks over "midnight in the desert with Heather Wade, live" and he does not seem to have much of a network at this moment.  Maybe Hoaggie would be interested in some slots?

WOTR

Quote from: dsz on May 20, 2018, 12:11:10 PM
Art was an early adopter.
From what I can tell- it is the exact opposite... Perhaps Vincent could shed some light on Art's practices of adoption vs. abandonment?  ;)

timebandit

Quote from: WOTR on May 20, 2018, 12:00:14 PM
;D
If I'm not mistaken, it said "the wind no longer blows.  In the end it was without direction. . -30"
very interesting..

ItsTelly

Quote from: Juan on May 20, 2018, 06:43:20 AM
With regard to Art’s video business, dating services became popular in larger cities in the early 70s. A lot of young people moved to the cities for jobs and didn’t know anyone.  Initially, one would join one of the services and read written descriptions and look at photographs of the faces of prospective dates.  As video equipment became more available - this was still before Betamax and VHS - some services would tape the members reading their own bios and talking about themselves.

These clubs were frowned on by the authorities but I never heard of any actual nefarious activity proven against any of them.  The opposition was just general hatred of young people doing something different.

Art recovering 50-k makes it sound like the bust was illegitimate.

Also, in the 70's San Diego and Orange County were very conservative.  Home of Richard Nixon, John Birch Society, Knott's Berry Farm, Prop 13...

LA County and Santa Barbara County were much more liberal and, of course, NorCal- SF, Santa Cruz, Berkeley were in another universe.

Had Art done 'Video Encounters' in San Francisco or Berkeley no one would have batted an eye.

Telly

69CheckMate

Quote from: WOTR on May 20, 2018, 12:17:25 PM
Drop in some more yellow blocks over "midnight in the desert with Heather Wade, live" and he does not seem to have much of a network at this moment.  Maybe Hoaggie would be interested in some slots?

Maybe fill em all iin with "Bart Ell: There's Midnight Somewhere"...

timebandit

Quote from: ItsOver on May 20, 2018, 11:11:36 AM
Yes, that's how I remember it.  Art seemed to be running Heater up the flagpole to see if anyone would salute,
I'm saluting right now  ::)

Quote from: Juan on May 20, 2018, 06:43:20 AM
The opposition was just general hatred of young people doing something different.

Fast forward to today and we massive human trafficking networks all over the world, and nine year old drag queens. Just a general hatred of young people doing something different!

PaulK

is this for real, (downloaded 3509 times) :o

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2018, 11:59:04 AM
A lot of things changed between '65 and '70 when that movie was released.
You ain't a kidding there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_revolution

One suggested cause of the 1960s sexual revolution was the development of the birth control pill in 1960, which gave women access to easy and reliable contraception. Another likely cause was a vast improvement in obstetrics, greatly reducing the number of women who died due to childbearing, thus increasing the life expectancy of women. A third, more indirect cause was the large number of children born in the 1940s and early 1950s all over the western worldâ€"the 'Baby Boom Generation'--many of whom would grow up in relatively prosperous and safe conditions, within a middle class on the rise and with better access to education and entertainment than ever before. By their demographic weight and their social and educational background they came to trigger a shift in society towards more permissive and informalized attitudes.

Other data suggest[weasel words] the "revolution" was more directly influenced by the financial independence gained by many women who entered the workforce during and after World War II, making the revolution more about individual equality rather than biological independence.

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 20, 2018, 12:29:01 PM

Fast forward to today and we massive human trafficking networks all over the world, and nine year old drag queens. Just a general hatred of young people doing something different!

trostol

trying to catch up after a night of drinking...who the hell is Vincent lol

PaulK

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 12:34:03 PM

Art Bell's first born.

Quote from: trostol on May 20, 2018, 12:34:03 PM

One of Art's abandoned biological children.

chefist

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on May 20, 2018, 03:00:00 AM
Ah, well .. I did, but it got lost 1000 pages back.. such is the pace here these days. Thanks for even remembering it. :)  Here's a mastered version.

Praise MV .. MV1 .. Liberace!

Thx.

SnapT

All right, Good Dave officially needs to call Falkie and book him as a guest on MITD, as his livestream just documented proof of a ghost or a shadow person or SOMETHING...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425.msg1225553#msg1225553

Cowkiller

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 20, 2018, 02:09:27 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1999/05/29/the-resolved-mystery-of-art-bell/e3e69bd3-3c23-4c39-9836-22b863f43e6e/?utm_term=.3785ca996075

I remember when art started to retire because of this shit.  It was nasty back then, the allegations.  If you were a fan, you remember.  After the first time, it got easier for him to retire.  There was alot going on at the time in regards to the mass consciousness of the usa, and Art held the pulse.