• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:24:04 PM
Just waiting for the feux outrage... almost on script...when is the first MITD tribute show? We did 5 hours live yesterday full of complete bumper music, open lines and love devoted to Art's memory...no agenda... just disgusting...imo
LOL.  I hope Art's somewhere getting a good laugh and a smoke.

chefist

Quote from: CoolTen10 on April 15, 2018, 03:26:51 PM
Here's food for thought:

Who would of ever thought Larry King(who interviewed Art once) would outlive Art?

King doesn't exactly look like the picture of health.

Genetics...I think Larry smoked too.

BettyO417

To all the Vaguely Loveables,

this song, short but sweet was written for Art back in the mid 90's. The artists name was never identified as I remember. Art played the song periodically.  I think it's one of the better songs written specifically for Art. The name of the song is "Goodnight".  As we all remember was the sign off for Art. So with all that said, and heartfelt loss Art has signed off and has said Goodnight.  :'(

Found this song too in my Bell Music list! Might be the better of the songs! Oh, hell it was an EPIC time, Art, Music, the Night it all worked to make a Magical Time that won't happen again. "I Wanna Take A Ride"!

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
LOL.  I hope Art's somewhere getting a good laugh and a smoke.

;D he definitely is, brother.

Morgus

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:24:04 PM
Just waiting for the feux outrage... almost on script...when is the first MITD tribute show? We did 5 hours live yesterday full of complete bumper music, open lines and love devoted to Art's memory...no agenda... just disgusting...imo
The plan from reading Heather's facebook postings is for her to return live on the air probably Friday night and keep doing open lines shows only for callers to call in about their Art Bell memories for the foreseeable future.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
The secret of New Zealand mussels.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:31:15 PM
The secret of New Zealand mussels.

Lulz... where did you find that? Ha 😁

DanTSX

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2018, 03:29:56 PM
The plan from reading Heather's facebook postings is for her to return live on the air probably Friday night and keep doing open lines shows only for callers to call in about their Art Bell memories for the foreseeable future.

Might have to tune in for the first time in years to hear another wade meltdown

DanTSX

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
welch’s grape juice

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 14, 2018, 06:30:20 PM
Thursday:
“Download the free TuneIn app to listen LIVE FREE starting at 9 PM Pacific time!”

Monday:
“The FBI has just Raided the office of the President’s Lawyer. This is pretty serious stuff and I want to say again if the hate of Trump continues to be manifested by investigating everything Trump has ever done they will get him on something eventually. If you tear anybody’s life apart and look at every little thing they have ever done, you can get them”.

April 6:
“
INTO DANGER: ART BELL RESPONDS
Heather Wade announced that she was going to go to Area 51 this coming June.. People have been responding fast and furious, with some stating she is in danger of being arrested--or even killed!

Talk show legend and original MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT host Art Bell is responding in kind to people on Facebook..

What Heather is doing is a brave act. For all my life people have talked Disclosure and talked and talked. I have no illusion that she will get to any Alien anything but at least she feels the need to do something, anything to move beyond talk and raise the stakes in trying to get to the truth. If we have been visited (and I believe we have) we have a right to know. It seems to me we have a moral right to know, will it change people’s basic faith? Not any more than the Pope suddenly being quoted as saying “There is no Hell”. We have a right to know, she is right and if a act of Civil Disobedience helps I am all for it.

On acts of civil disobedience..

Not much has ever happened in America until people have engaged in some act that ended up with jail or a sore head

On whether he would join..

I completely understand what she is doing and why, if I was younger I would join. I guess if you really want change you have to do more then ask

When asked about the famed pilot who called into his show while flying directly into Area 51 in the 1990s,

They don’t know when she is coming, like I have said I have no illusions that she will meet any Aliens or even get close, I think it just makes the point that talking won’t get it done, I feel we have a right to know and have always hoped it would be before I go...“

Thanks for sharing.  Kinda weird/sad that Art turned into a Trumper at the end since it flies in the face of his career spent as a critical thinking skeptic.  Old age gets us all, I s'pose.

ItsOver

For the foreseeable future?  Riveting.  Or until Airyn pulls the plug.

chefist

Yea.. thanks... that's what I thought... ratings... reprehensible...

chefist

Quote from: DanTSX on April 15, 2018, 03:33:36 PM
welch’s grape juice

...and I'm probably moving to the Finger Lakes area of NY...oh my

DanTSX

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 03:33:54 PM
Thanks for sharing.  Kinda weird/sad that Art turned into a Trumper at the end since it flies in the face of his career spent as a critical thinking skeptic.  Old age gets us all, I s'pose.

It’s also sad that you wish to politicize it....

It makes perfect rational sense to me.  You guys don’t get to own rationality.  But you are entitled to an opposing viewpoint.

Art’s peak was during the gloomiest days of arkancidal Clinton cabal.   I’m sure that events like Waco and assorted trade deals and tech trades with China caused him to question Clinton enough.  Of course remembering the 90’s is caused by Russian Facebook ads, so who knows what is real anymore...

Robert

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 03:33:54 PMThanks for sharing.  Kinda weird/sad that Art turned into a Trumper at the end since it flies in the face of his career spent as a critical thinking skeptic.  Old age gets us all, I s'pose.
Then I guess it got me & a lof ot other critical thinking skeptics.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:32:54 PM
Lulz... where did you find that? Ha 😁
It was left behind at the Miami Circle.  Thanks, Hoagie!

"Sporting a Jimmy Johnson haircut and a bolo tie, Richard Hoagland gazes down at the Miami Circle from the Sheraton Hotel garage on Brickell Avenue..."

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/the-hoagland-files-6359245

chefist

Quote from: DanTSX on April 15, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

It makes perfect rational sense to me.  You guys don’t get to own rationality.  But you are entitled to an opposing viewpoint.

Art’s peak was during the gloomiest days of arkancidal Clinton cabal.   I’m sure that events like Waco and assorted trade deals and tech trades with China caused him to question Clinton enough.  Of course remembering the 90’s is caused by Russian Facebook ads, so who knows what is real anymore...

Good point...late nights were a break from politics and the everyday. .

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

"Sporting a Jimmy Johnson haircut and a bolo tie, Richard Hoagland gazes down at the Miami Circle from the Sheraton Hotel garage on Brickell Avenue..."

Ha 😁

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 03:38:48 PM
...and I'm probably moving to the Finger Lakes area of NY...oh my
What?  Seriously?  You're leaving beautiful Tucson?

What was Noory supposed to do? Go through a 4h show without acknowledging a giant elephant in the room? Cut off every caller that brought up the topic? For once Jorch did the right thing(on the other hand, that shitty "tribute" song ,uggh..)

I would have thought the DMDN braintrust would have better things to do than throw tantrums on social media.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

Ha! Fun times. I like the quotes about him in that article. I like ancient cities being rediscovered but also laughed if this guy's "take" on the Miami  Circle was true:

"University of Florida archaeologist Jerald Milanich was concerned that there was, from the previous apartment block, a septic tank that was aligned perfectly at the edge of the circle. He suggested that the circle could be nothing more than a sink for the sewage from the septic tank, an idea that understandably drew a certain amount of interest"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 03:33:54 PM

Butthurt faggot! ::)

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 15, 2018, 08:44:53 AM
They had a weird relationship.  Really makes me wonder what went on between she and Art...

Truth.  And we the listeners suffered the most because of it.  If Heather had ANY decency, she would pass the "chair" onto someone.  ANYONE.

bellNwhistle

Re her posts..

What’s the true story, Heather?  ::)
Noory didn’t say jack til Nye County did. By that point, those who needed to know already knew.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 03:27:58 PM
I remember seeing them in commercial use from about the mid 80s to the mid to late 90s. That's it. Maybe the technology existed a lot longer but I was talking about their use in society.

Telegraphs aren't really fax machines. You can see from the Wikipedia article that their commercial use didn't really become widespread until the late 70s/early 80s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: DanTSX on April 15, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

Art got hardcore hoodwinked by a bumbling phone sex worker, so I guess we shouldn't fault him too hard for also getting bamboozled by a big city socialite conman.  Art/Trumpers are THE target demo for those Nigerian Prince scams.

chefist

Folks... messages being deleted... creepy things happening....MV is aware...I posted "Philip Morris" as the cause of Art's death... deleted! MV unaware! Shit going down

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 04:02:40 PM
Folks... messages being deleted... creepy things happening....MV is aware...I posted "Philip Morris" as the cause of Art's death... deleted! MV unaware! Shit going down

It's still there. You posted it in the Who Killed Art Bell thread.  ;)