• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

SAMMY HAGAR!!!

Started by Swishypants, October 25, 2017, 05:06:25 AM

Swishypants

I don't give a rats ass if people love him or hate him or are indifferent. He's amazing! He was never anyone's favorite, but he always brings a lust for life and a party! He has done a 50 year career as a rock n' roller, but never got strung-out on drugs and booze. He was smart with his money and parlayed those rock dollars into far more lucrative real-estate, hospitality, and tequila money. He raised a family and none of them turned into damaged hollow shells of human beings. He's 70-72 (depending upon who you believe) and still has a damn good time! He's also a poor kid who made it big and has a heart. Don't let that party image fool ya. He's a smart man, and very humble. He did it right!

https://youtu.be/qcNxquYdnxQ

I love Roth era Van Halen, but 5150 was a stellar album and anyone who says different is a fucking liar! I still have an original copy on vinyl and still play it every now and then on a Saturday night when it's BBQ time! :)

ShayP

The Red Rocker!  Hell yeah!  5150 is one of my favorite albums of all time.  8)  It came out during my junior year of high school and has that nostalgic value as well.  ;)  Hot summer nights and my radio... :D

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 05:43:44 AM
The Red Rocker!  Hell yeah!  5150 is one of my favorite albums of all time.  8)  It came out during my junior year of high school and has that nostalgic value as well.  ;)  Hot summer nights and my radio... :D

I've seen Van Halen with Roth once, and with Hagar twice. Both were great times! The second time with Hagar btw, was the free show in Dallas. They stopped counting at around 75,000 people. I was up near the front of the stage in front of Micheal Anthony. It was fucking wild as hell!!!

https://youtu.be/c6U7OOFvRmc

I was about 30 feet from the girl who got crushed. We were packed in so tight you could barely breathe sometimes and eveyone was going totally ape-shit! :) I was in my prime then and I barely made it. That was no place for chicks man. It was strong young male warrior territory all the way. LOL! It was about 60 degrees outside that day but over 90 in the middle of the crowd. After the city shut down the show because they feared a riot (The Cops tried to send in horses but the crowd pushed them back out), walking back to the car was a hypothermia experience. I'm still glad I cut-out and went though. Once in a lifetime experience. Dallas basically shut-down for a few hours that day. Everyone from thugs to business guys in suits and ties were there buying beers from random dudes that bought a case and setup a quick ad-hoc street business. Everyone in Dallas was one fist. It was beautiful!

Swishypants

The old car, although it was blue. :) Baja-Bug Stinger! WITH Blaupunkt Stereo-Cassette and speakers! Neon Jesus on the dash!

https://youtu.be/hFw7o-Y9U_c

The audio is a mixing board patch. In person the crowd was so loud they drown out the band at times.

Gd5150

Wow a Hagar thread, awesome! Agree totally! The 5150 tour at the Cow Palace in 1986 was one of my all time favorite concerts. 3 hours of upbeat insanity. Live Without a Net.

Saw David Lee Roth that same year, he put together and outstanding group for “eat’m and smile”. Steve Vai was wicked.

Roth left VH because he needed to be on his own. Time would tell who the true self absorbed members of the band were. Alex and crazy Eddie. I loved Van Halen in the 80s but their split with Hagar ended that. Those 2 are nuts.

Hagar has always been a fun loving badass. Along with Anthony they were the fun side of Van Halen. Standing Hampton, VOA, are both great Hagar albums. Hagars live albums are outstanding too. He’s always been a down to earth fun guy.

Last time I saw them was 2002 for the Sammy and Dave show in LA. It was as crazy as one would expect considering the 2 hated each other. Michael Anthony toured with Sammy. As one would expect, Dave ended the tour early haha!

Long live the red rocker!
https://youtu.be/PL0FhrxfXkg

Swishypants

I will never forgive Ed & Alex for not accepting the olive branch Sammy held out for them. It would have been one last hurra' and they smoked it because they are just fucking assholes! Everything you just said was pure poetry! I wanted to see Sammy front the band one last time. God DAMNIT!!!

Gd5150

Quote from: Swishypants on October 25, 2017, 05:06:25 AM
I don't give a rats ass if people love him or hate him or are indifferent. He's amazing! He was never anyone's favorite, but he always brings a lust for life and a party! He has done a 50 year career as a rock n' roller, but never got strung-out on drugs and booze. He was smart with his money and parlayed those rock dollars into far more lucrative real-estate, hospitality, and tequila money. He raised a family and none of them turned into damaged hollow shells of human beings. He's 70-72 (depending upon who you believe) and still has a damn good time! He's also a poor kid who made it big and has a heart. Don't let that party image fool ya. He's a smart man, and very humble. He did it right!

I love Roth era Van Halen, but 5150 was a stellar album and anyone who says different is a fucking liar! I still have an original copy on vinyl and still play it every now and then on a Saturday night when it's BBQ time! :)
Oh hell yeah! 35min In, Ill Fall In Love Again, acoustic. Great song! Can never get enough Hagar Hall.

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 25, 2017, 09:30:51 AM
...Time would tell who the true self absorbed members of the band were. Alex and crazy Eddie. I loved Van Halen in the 80s but their split with Hagar ended that. Those 2 are nuts.

Hagar has always been a fun loving badass. Along with Anthony they were the fun side of Van Halen. Standing Hampton, VOA, are both great Hagar albums. Hagars live albums are outstanding too. He’s always been a down to earth fun guy...

Quote from: Swishypants on October 25, 2017, 09:45:32 AM
I will never forgive Ed & Alex for not accepting the olive branch Sammy held out for them. It would have been one last hurra' and they smoked it because they are just fucking assholes! Everything you just said was pure poetry! I wanted to see Sammy front the band one last time. God DAMNIT!!!

Agreed.  Sammy took the high road.  Every interview I see with Eddie and Alex makes them come across as bigger insufferable dicks.  I wonder if Eddie legitimately has something wrong upstairs.  The last interview I saw he claimed that he taught Michael Anthony to play bass and that the high end vocals were his and not Anthony's.  He's frikin delusional.  Plus, Eddie and Alex just look like two assholes you'd like to punch in the face.

ShayP

Oh yeah!  Do you guys recall Sammy's alien abduction story?  I was hoping he'd be on Coast to Coast or Art Bell's MITD at one point.  I swear I heard Bell or Noory mentioning getting him on the show years ago.  Regardless, he'd be a great interview.  Especially dealing with that kind of experience.

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 11:07:04 AM
Oh yeah!  Do you guys recall Sammy's alien abduction story?  I was hoping he'd be on Coast to Coast or Art Bell's MITD at one point.  I swear I heard Bell or Noory mentioning getting him on the show years ago.  Regardless, he'd be a great interview.  Especially dealing with that kind of experience.

YES! Sammy has an extensive story about it. Art was going to have him on but I don't think it ever materialized. You know, Sammy is a uber cool guy. He's like the popular kid in High School that threw a house party and genuinely tried to make sure everyone had a good time; even invited some nerds. MV, get him in for an interview! DO EEEEEEET!

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 11:01:12 AM
Agreed.  Sammy took the high road.  Every interview I see with Eddie and Alex makes them come across as bigger insufferable dicks.  I wonder if Eddie legitimately has something wrong upstairs.  The last interview I saw he claimed that he taught Michael Anthony to play bass and that the high end vocals were his and not Anthony's.  He's frikin delusional.  Plus, Eddie and Alex just look like two assholes you'd like to punch in the face.

Breakdown:

Roth - Annoying, but funny guy at the party that later moved to Wisconsin with a gay lover.
Eddy - Reclusive cool guy with shades and cigarettes in the corner that later went nuts and killed a bunch of cats.
Anthony - Everyone's buddy! The guy who scored the keg. Later just had an average life.
Alex - Raging drunk who started a fight. Later made millions in real-estate and is still a douchebag.
Sammy - Cool, fun motherucker; still is to this very day!

Swishypants

MV, Sammy Hagar UFO abduction interview! He will fucking do it if you ask nice. He's that kind of dude!

Gd5150

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 11:01:12 AM
I wonder if Eddie legitimately has something wrong upstairs.
Meth, booze, cigarettes. And who knows what other drugs. The VH brothers high and mighty crap started with the “right now” video. What started out as a video with some funny ironic messages turned political. I’m sure they were invited to all the “important” parties and liked their new found attention. They tried to recapture it with another video of which I’ve since forgotten. VH was never supposed to be about politics. It was supposed to be raunchy and fun. Hot for teacher, Poundcake, etc...

Sammy & Michael are just fun loving guys who like to rock out and use albums as an excuse to tour.

David is classic! Definitely an individual who knows good musicians. From Sensible Shoes to the blue grass album, he is crazy and fun. If twitter and YouTube had been around when he went solo god knows what would’ve happened.

https://youtu.be/Olk8rZmlhY4

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 25, 2017, 11:44:15 AM
David is classic! Definitely an individual who knows good musicians. From Sensible Shoes to the blue grass album, he is crazy and fun. If twitter and YouTube had been around when he went solo god knows what would’ve happened.

https://youtu.be/Olk8rZmlhY4

I'll be damned.  I had no idea this existed.  :o

Swishypants

I like Roth. He's a great frontman, but when that Assless Chaps poster came out...I knew!

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on October 25, 2017, 12:07:12 PM
I like Roth. He's a great frontman, but when that Assless Chaps poster came out...I knew!

Or this...

Swishypants

Fucking hell! I never saw that one until now.

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on October 25, 2017, 12:14:51 PM
Fucking hell! I never saw that one until now.

Some things cannot be unseen.   ;D

ShayP

Okay.  Enough Dave.  After seeing that image we need a palate cleanser.  This is about Hagar.   8)

Swishypants

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 12:31:03 PM
Some things cannot be unseen.   ;D

I don't want to talk about this again, like...ever! :) Anyway, back to Sammy Hagar! I think what he ultimately represents, is an excess and luxury for living that modern day dip-shits recoil from, because they're too busy trying to convince themselves that living in a "tiny house" and "lowering their carbon foot-print" doesn't mean they are slaves--working harder for less than their parents and grandparents would put up with--and Sammy reminds them of what pussies they really are for trying to justify their horrible lifestyles by championing suffering over mutha-fuckin' VICTORY! Sammy is Victory! Deal with it Millennial scum!

chefist

Quote from: Swishypants on October 25, 2017, 05:06:25 AM

I was a room service server in St. Louis right after high school, saving up for college. I delivered bran muffins to Sammy one morning. He was very polite and tipped me generously.

Swishypants

Also, Eddy Van Halen is all hung up on his drunkard dad and that's why he kills cats, and my dreams of one last VH tour with Sammy. Yet Sammies dad beat the fuck out of him and he's fine! Weird how that shook out.

Gd5150

Quote from: ShayP on October 25, 2017, 12:35:32 PM
Okay.  Enough Dave.  After seeing that image we need a palate cleanser.  This is about Hagar.   8)

An 80s classic!

https://youtu.be/_c51qJ3Ad_4

Swishypants

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 25, 2017, 12:45:19 PM
An 80s classic!

https://youtu.be/_c51qJ3Ad_4

HOLY SHIT! I haven't seen this in 30 years! I'll bet this is General Mattis' favorite video! OSSUM!!!

I posit to you, sir, that (despite Hagar's theorem)there are SEVERAL ways to rock