• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Robert

Quote from: brig on June 08, 2016, 12:48:15 PMI would LOVE open lines with ArtBell.  Would subscribe and listen every night.
Not me (even if I fix this Windows problem).  Art Bell is better than anyone I can think of at handling no-topic phone-in programs, and that's still not good enough to get me as a regular or even frequent listener.  Every program I've heard that had that format either started as, or quickly became, primarily a monolog performance by the m.c. -- or descended into being a dare-you-to, like Bob Grant.  I've loved lots of monologuists, but I've no reason to think Art's either interested in, or would in the long run be entertaining at, such a program.

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
You are the dumbest fucking woman.

You can be a fan of someone's "work", in this case Art Bell, his personality and his show, and not be a fan of the actual person.

You don't even realize how much of a puppet you are to me lol. You make this so easy.

LucaParcelli

Quote from: Art Bell on June 08, 2016, 02:20:26 PM
Groan, I never said I was tired of the Paranormal, what I said was when I was doing it I was pretty much alone, now everybody and there brother are doing it. Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art
e

Mr. Bell, I'm a relatively new user to BellGab, therefore what I say has the weight of gold.

Personally, I think of you as "the curator" of a museum more than "the host" of some show. Nowadays any dork with a five dollar microphone and an Internet connection can "do paranormal". You ruined the genre by aiming so high.

Your words get mauled because there are too many hands in the pot. Sometimes I think that deregulation of speech would generate the best content, but ultimately it all degenerates into noise and messages, narratives and the craft of speech are lost.

#LeaveBellAlone

Lilith

Quote from: Robert on June 08, 2016, 10:17:49 PM
Not me (even if I fix this Windows problem).  Art Bell is better than anyone I can think of at handling no-topic phone-in programs, and that's still not good enough to get me as a regular or even frequent listener.  Every program I've heard that had that format either started as, or quickly became, primarily a monolog performance by the m.c. -- or descended into being a dare-you-to, like Bob Grant.  I've loved lots of monologuists, but I've no reason to think Art's either interested in, or would in the long run be entertaining at, such a program.

You're probably right.

Never cared for open lines, usually turned it off when Art was done with his questions and went to the phones.   The callers were almost all terrible, but there were certainly some notable exceptions that almost made it worth getting past the others. 

The best part of the calls was when Art hung up, sort of restated some part of what the caller was trying to say, and responded to that.

scottydawg

Bingo Luca, You got it!
Now that anybody can go on the internet and spew the most vile garbage they can think of.
As Art has hinted even Ham Radio now has been spoiled.
My dad became a Ham back in the 50's as a teenager. Then you had to work hard studying  code, not just Morse,
but the code of conduct for talking on the allocated frequencies. The Ham folks were a proper bunch of people
that policed themselves pretty tightly. And only occasionally was the FCC involved to do heavy duty crackdowns.
A good number of them were military veterans. And in the military radio comms were super strict.
If you screwed up on the air your ass could end up in the brig.
Those folks carried that discipline into the civilian world of radio. Sadly most of those guys are gone.
CB radio used to be liscensed, but that got away fast to where any idiot could buy a CB Radio and terrorize the whole town,
This pretty much sums up the current mess of talk radio & Podcasts ::)

Just Me

Talk show callers are such pathetic morons and the ones who do sound coherent are simply lined up ahead of the show and called to make it sound a worthy topic on a weirdo talk show. Most are so idiotic tiny brained they can only say ummmm, ahhhh, and ummmm, and ahhhhh, stutter like and, and, and, maybe say something worth hearing. I despise idiots with tiny brains calling in.

Then there's the moron who calls and says something and waits for a reply from the host, like he just made a wise statement the world should respond to before he reveals the rest of his lame bullshit out his ass. What about that phone freak who drags on and on about stupid shit he saw and can't get to the point while telling his life story from birth to when he dialed in.

People are fucking weird, nuts and crazy when calling in to a talk radio show. Like most of shoe shines callers.

I now return you to the BellGaber fun house of horrors and shenanigans.

MV/Liberace!

Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art

bobo17

Groan, I never said I was tired of the Paranormal, what I said was when I was doing it I was pretty much alone, now everybody and there brother are doing it. Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art

Art
Maybe it is the improper use of the word "there" instead of "thier" that is confusing??
bobo

Lilith

Quote from: bobo17 on June 09, 2016, 11:49:15 AM
Art
Maybe it is the improper use of the word "there" instead of "thier" "their" that is confusing??
bobo

FIFY   :-*

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 09, 2016, 08:05:08 AM
Never cared for open lines, usually turned it off when Art was done with his questions and went to the phones.   The callers were almost all terrible, but there were certainly some notable exceptions that almost made it worth getting past the others. 

The best part of the calls was when Art hung up, sort of restated some part of what the caller was trying to say, and responded to that.
"Caller... Puleez turn your radio down."  Art even made that sound good, time after time.  Or,

Caller:  "Art, is this me?"

Art: "Only you would know, madam (or sir)."

:)

trostol

Quote from: bobo17 on June 09, 2016, 11:49:15 AM
Art
Maybe it is the improper use of the word "there" instead of "thier" that is confusing??
bobo

wait..bobo trying to correct someones spelling/grammar?

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 06:25:17 PM
Low life childish moron. You hate females so much because the closest you have ever gotten to a real girl is looking up the skirt of your big sister's Barbie doll.

Go fuck yourself because no one else ever would unless you save your weekly allowance for the next 10 years and buy a crack whore for your 21st birthday. 

Quit annoying the grown-ups,  put away your clothes and sweep up the basement like your mother told you to do or she will abuse you again

Damn. I think I just got a semi

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 06:25:17 PM
Low life childish moron. You hate females so much because the closest you have ever gotten to a real girl is looking up the skirt of your big sister's Barbie doll.

Go fuck yourself because no one else ever would unless you save your weekly allowance for the next 10 years and buy a crack whore for your 21st birthday. 

Quit annoying the grown-ups,  put away your clothes and sweep up the basement like your mother told you to do or she will abuse you again

LOL.  You go, girl!!

Lilith

Quote from: trostol on June 09, 2016, 12:48:12 PM
wait..bobo trying to correct someones spelling/grammar?

The correction was my bad.  I think he was just trying to "do a funny".  :-[

starrmtn001

These are pretty cool!  There is even a "Tron" model. ;D

Amazing Electric Motorcycle Bikes 2017 - 2018 ✔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w98tNXe0dS4

Catsmile

Groan, I never said ... Why do my words get lost and mauled when I post?

Art

Poor Art. Sounds like he needs to escape from it all, for a while at least. Maybe try the personal ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXD_ffuYOE

CornyCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on June 08, 2016, 08:01:12 PM
OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark.
She waxes poetic, don't she?

albrecht

So
1) since Art dropped his support for Trump, apparently for Trump daring to question possible bias of a judge that belongs to race/ethnic-organizations, has he picked another candidate to support? Andy Basiago? The Libertarian guy? Billary? Zoltan?
2) since Art dropped his support for Trump has Heather likewise done so?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on June 09, 2016, 06:56:50 PM
So
1) since Art dropped his support for Trump, apparently for Trump daring to question possible bias of a judge that belongs to race/ethnic-organizations, has he picked another candidate to support? Andy Basiago? The Libertarian guy? Billary?
2) since Art dropped his support for Trump has Heather likewise done so?

Art's in a tough spot. He didn't need to come out for Trump when he did. He could have waited. Now he's in the place lots of people are -- deciding how to oppose Trump. Whatever he decides, it probably won't go over well on BG. As for Heather, who cares? I, for one, don't.

albrecht

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 09, 2016, 07:37:40 PM
Art's in a tough spot. He didn't need to come out for Trump when he did. He could have waited. Now he's in the place lots of people are -- deciding how to oppose Trump. Whatever he decides, it probably won't go over well on BG. As for Heather, who cares? I, for one, don't.
I really don't care who they support but only curious how Art will go. And wondered about Heather because she, seemingly overnight, became a Trump supporter- even though she doesn't like politics- once Art did.

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on June 08, 2016, 04:43:57 PM
So are you saying that you are straight up tired of doing radio and just want to retire?

The ever Artful dodger.....

bobo17

MEETING update

All the MEETING is on a temporary hold
I decided to go to Mexico and see if i could find these goats that someone posted
awhile back about.  I think a pet goat may be a better fit for me
i will update when i get back,
wish me luck
bobo

trostol

Quote from: bobo17 on June 09, 2016, 09:45:36 PM
MEETING update

All the MEETING is on a temporary hold
I decided to go to Mexico and see if i could find these goats that someone posted
awhile back about.  I think a pet goat may be a better fit for me
i will update when i get back,
wish me luck
bobo

Art quit on something? Bullshit!

Quote from: rekcuf on June 09, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
Art quit on something? Bullshit!

Why do people put words in other people's mouths?

ACE of CLUBS

bobo17 ...... we've already had the meeting with Art Bell. It went very well.
Thank you for your time and influence ...... but, you're just not needed anymore.