• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explain Your User Name

Started by Nucky Nolan, November 20, 2012, 08:32:51 PM

Nucky Nolan

How and why did you choose it? I'm into gangster stuff so I combined Nucky (Thompson) with (Legs Diamond) Nolan. It had a nice ring to it. Of course, my avatar was inspired by "The Godfather", which is my favorite film.

Nucky Nolan

There was a McPhallus family in Chinatown. They ran a laundry, but I never saw any male workers there, for some reason. All of the customers were male, though. I learned that policemen were quite obsessive when it came to clean and dry uniforms.

MV/Liberace!

by the way... if anyone would like to have their display name changed, let me know.  i'll be happy to oblige.  all you need to do is publicly announce the change once it's done so people know who you are.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on November 21, 2012, 01:28:27 AM
by the way... if anyone would like to have their display name changed, let me know.  i'll be happy to oblige.  all you need to do is publicly announce the change once it's done so people know who you are.

Yes! So I can finally be "Party Boy USA"? 

BobGrau

I was bullied at school because my name is 'robin', so I took the name of the scary guy in Twin Peaks.
Grau is german for grey, and I've had grey hair since my early twenties.
The changing-words-for-their-german-equivalent thing is an old joke amongst my little gang of stoners back in the real world.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 21, 2012, 01:50:36 AM
          Yes! So I can finally be "Party Boy USA"?

of course.  actually, i'm surprised nobody has chosen that name yet.  it just reeks of cool.

Sardondi

I...wha...it's..uh...the...I...? You know? I mean, somebody put that out there because they were proud of it.

stevesh

Mine is my first name and my first and last initial. Yes, I am that boring.

ChewMouse

When I was growing up, one of our dogs confiscated a toy from one of our cats: a rubber mouse. He was very protective of that mouse; this was a dog who could've bitten through a tractor tire but somehow he chewed that cat-toy mouse and never managed to tear it. He just chewed it. So we called it his "chew mouse."

Then I was nicknamed "Mouse" in school, probably because of my size but I would like to think it was from "Mighty Mouse" as well. My son called me "Mouse" as well, until he got to about age five.

So generically, a "chewmouse" is a toy or treat that just makes you feel good.

Specifically, it's me.

LacyWoodrow

Easy enough, LacyWoodrow is because two people use this PC. One named Lacy, and one named Woodrow (Not his real name, but a name he picked up while hiking the Appalachian Trail, and thinks it gives him a classic personality) That's the short version of the story. During the 2,100 something mile 5 month hike he had muliple trail names, like Woody, Woodard, Wood. Give me enough Liquor and I'll tell you my life story. But I'll spare ya for now  :P

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: BobGrau on November 21, 2012, 07:08:08 AM
I was bullied at school because my name is 'robin', so I took the name of the scary guy in Twin Peaks.
Grau is german for grey, and I've had grey hair since my early twenties.
The changing-words-for-their-german-equivalent thing is an old joke amongst my little gang of stoners back in the real world.
A lot of people like grey hair. Jay Leno's dyed his hair grey since his 20s.
I just tend to forget if it's spelt Gray, or Grey :o
I don't know why either.

coaster

Quote from: LacyWoodrow on November 21, 2012, 05:22:33 PM
One named Lacy, and one named Woodrow (Not his real name, but a name he picked up while hiking the Appalachian Trail
Very cool. Ive always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail. I think Bill Bryson's book "A Walk In The Woods" got me hooked.

ziznak

interesting thread!!!
my names just an online and video game handle resembling my real name from when i was like 12.

and I thought chewmouse came from little mice chewing on shit like they do with wires n stuff...
seemed like it would be used this way:
"that fucking chewmouse put a hole in the macaroni box again!!"

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: coaster on November 21, 2012, 05:31:26 PM
Very cool. Ive always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail. I think Bill Bryson's book "A Walk In The Woods" got me hooked.
Woody throu hiked it NOBO in 2000 the year before He went into the service. It was intended to not only get him in shape, but give him time to ponder if it was the right choice.  it's something I think that every person should try. The storys from the hike are enough to last a lifetime.

Did you know they are working on extending the Trail to the east coastline now?

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: ziznak on November 21, 2012, 06:16:53 PM
interesting thread!!!
my names just an online and video game handle resembling my real name from when i was like 12.

and I thought chewmouse came from little mice chewing on shit like they do with wires n stuff...
seemed like it would be used this way:
"that fucking chewmouse put a hole in the macaroni box again!!"
lol those little black things that look like pepper, those are just natural flavoring.

BobGrau

LacyWoodrow wins Best Avatar Ever.  ;D

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 21, 2012, 02:37:58 PM
When I was growing up, one of our dogs confiscated a toy from one of our cats: a rubber mouse. He was very protective of that mouse; this was a dog who could've bitten through a tractor tire but somehow he chewed that cat-toy mouse and never managed to tear it. He just chewed it. So we called it his "chew mouse."

Then I was nicknamed "Mouse" in school, probably because of my size but I would like to think it was from "Mighty Mouse" as well. My son called me "Mouse" as well, until he got to about age five.

So generically, a "chewmouse" is a toy or treat that just makes you feel good.

Specifically, it's me.

You win the award for cutest story in the thread. Even Eddy Coyle would say, "ahh", after reading that one.

After having   a political campaine that has lasted for about 5 or 6 years. Trying to get the state department green card my Scottish girlfriend for 7 years.Having the financial crap  empty my savings and investments.Having to take care of dying parents.and many other setbacks all I could think of was this name when I joined. Actually my dad is alive,needs someone but I have no money to get to him.I am suprized I am not depressed but really don't stay depressed long as I have always found a way to find something funny to cheer myself up There always seems to be things that either cheer me up or show me that somewhere things are worse. Or I can loose myself in a good movie or in music.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on November 27, 2012, 04:07:13 PM
After having   a political campaine that has lasted for about 5 or 6 years. Trying to get the state department green card my Scottish girlfriend for 7 years.Having the financial crap  empty my savings and investments.Having to take care of dying parents.and many other setbacks all I could think of was this name when I joined. Actually my dad is alive,needs someone but I have no money to get to him.I am suprized I am not depressed but really don't stay depressed long as I have always found a way to find something funny to cheer myself up There always seems to be things that either cheer me up or show me that somewhere things are worse. Or I can loose myself in a good movie or in music.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Sardondi

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on November 27, 2012, 04:07:13 PM

Well, it's clearly her fault. She should have been born in a country located south of the Rio Grande and north of South America; or from a country which produces countless numbers of terrorists; and/or had as the purpose for entering the US to train for a military mission against it. Under those circumstances the necessity of a "green card" is dispensed with, and residence is open-ended. To bad you and your GF tried to follow the law.

Eddie Coyle

A doomed ne'er do well Mick from Boston who makes all the wrong decisions, tries to play both sides and eventually ends up dead in a parked car in a bowling alley. In the end, Eddie Coyle had no "friends".
         I chose that because the name Moo Ham Ed could possibly lead to a fatwa. And may have just did.

korrine

Aw Chewmouse. I love that story. I wish I had something as good. I think I was drunk and made my name up. I cant really even recall now that I think about it. MV. Freakin profile picks crack me up... loves them! HAhaha!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: korrine on November 27, 2012, 10:21:19 PM
MV. Freakin profile picks crack me up... loves them! HAhaha!

thank you.  i always put a lot of thought into what i'm going to use.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Sardondi on November 27, 2012, 09:50:36 PM
Well, it's clearly her fault. She should have been born in a country located south of the Rio Grande and north of South America; or from a country which produces countless numbers of terrorists; and/or had as the purpose for entering the US to train for a military mission against it. Under those circumstances the necessity of a "green card" is dispensed with, and residence is open-ended. To bad you and your GF tried to follow the law.

Throw in free medical care and tuition. Add a driver's license. It's great to be an illegal immigrant in Obama's USA! And I did mean "illegal" since it's an accurate description, which may be offensive to the folks who are proficient in doublespeak.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 27, 2012, 10:33:33 PM
Throw in free medical care and tuition. Add a driver's license. It's great to be an illegal immigrant in Obama's USA! And I did mean "illegal" since it's an accurate description, which may be offensive to the folks who are proficient in doublespeak.

this is a politics-free zone.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Em Vee on November 27, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

My mistake. I should have known that Sardondi was referring to Mexican food.

Sardondi

Quote from: Em Vee on November 27, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

Well, shit, that's on me. It's true, it wasn't material to the subject, and I just had an opportunity and took it. Sorry. I'll be happy to have my offending post removed by administrative surgery.