• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 19, 2018, 12:07:41 AM
It`s tiiimmmmeeeee, Knappyheads! 8)
Great horned owls are pretty freaky when you encounter them at night.  Cool but freaky.

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 19, 2018, 12:07:41 AM
It`s tiiimmmmeeeee, Knappyheads! 8)

Hey FTF, been awhile, welcome back to Knappyland.

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 19, 2018, 12:13:08 AM
Indeed! I am Tanned, Rested and Ready. Fixed my back problem, too. :)
No doubt it was Doc Wallet? How many eggs did it take? (This coming from someone who does eat eggs- but not up to his level of advice!!)

Quote from: zeebo on February 19, 2018, 12:17:57 AM
Hey FTF, been awhile, welcome back to Knappyland.

Zeeb, good to see you`re still around and squirrelly as ever. I mean that in a good way.

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 12:19:00 AM
No doubt it was Doc Wallet? How many eggs did it take? (This coming from someone who does eat eggs- but not up to his level of advice!!)

Only the finest vegan eggs for moi.  ;)

Good to see you, Albrecht!

ItsOver

Owls.... they're everywhere!  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 12:17:08 AM
Great horned owls are pretty freaky when you encounter them at night.  Cool but freaky.
One crashed into my window a few years back. I tried to take pic but couldnt really cause lighting etc. But noticed when light was right: fuck like an image of bird fully expanded into window. Only time I got owl. Others often. Something to do with lighting, windows on sides, and woods. 'Net says put tape or stuff to prevent? Or hang fishline? Yeah. They don't break windows n sorta defeats purpose of windows to cover in tape. Plus birds usually survive. Or cats or coyotes get them.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 12:23:23 AM
Owls.... they're everywhere!  ;D

I think owl have another scotch.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 12:25:31 AM
One crashed into my window a few years back. I tried to take pic but couldnt really cause lighting etc. But noticed when light was right: fuck like an image of bird fully expanded into window. Only time I got owl. Others often. Something to do with lighting, windows on sides, and woods. 'Net says put tape or stuff to prevent? Or hang fishline? Yeah. They don't break windows n sorta defeats purpose of windows to cover in tape. Plus birds usually survive. Or cats or coyotes get them.

They are quiet as shit when swooping down. I have been startled several times in the woods at night.

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 19, 2018, 12:23:20 AM
Only the finest vegan eggs for moi.  ;)

Good to see you, Albrecht!
Same to see you here again.. Vegan eggs. Mind boggles. What with CRISPR n modern tech...

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 12:28:59 AM
Same to see you here again.. Vegan eggs. Mind boggles. What with CRISPR n modern tech...

Shit amazes me, too. What will "they" think of next??

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 19, 2018, 12:27:45 AM
They are quiet as shit when swooping down. I have been startled several times in the woods at night.
Yep. And some are big! There are awesome BBC etc videos of them and how they can fly through trees.
ps:  heard from guy who went to school with him that a certain famous nature movie guy would fake scenes for PBS etc. Not fake but trap n release, bait, etc to get good scenes. And could party.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 19, 2018, 12:27:45 AM
Out walking one night, I saw a liitle figure in the distance, walking around.  Too small to be a person, maybe two feet tall.  Definitely freaky.  Then I heard it hooting and it took off.  Sorry, no alien, just a great horned owl.

Interesting fact about owls:

During flight, the left ear captures sounds below, whilst the right ear focuses on sounds from above

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 12:36:31 AM
Out walking one night, I saw a liitle figure in the distance, walking around.  Too small to be a person, maybe two feet tall.  Definitely freaky.  Then I heard it hooting and it took off.  Sorry, no alien, just a great horned owl.
Also the "way" they walk. I think, maybe, gnomes, brownies, knisse, etc were that type of owl?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 12:39:28 AM
Also the "way" they walk. I think, maybe, gnomes, brownies, knisse, etc were that type of owl?
I saw it from it's backside and I can see how people could think it was a small "humanoid" type figure, especially in dim light.

zeebo

So some owls might actually be E.T.'s telepathically telling you they're an owl.  Whatever the case, best to avoid anything with weird eyes at nite in the woods, especially if telepathic.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on February 19, 2018, 12:59:06 AM
So some owls might actually be E.T.'s telepathically telling you they're an owl.  Whatever the case, best to avoid anything with weird eyes at nite in the woods, especially if telepathic.
This squirel propaganda against thier natural enemy. Fake news. ;)

Gd5150

Mothman 👽🦉

Communion freaked me out back in the day. My brother told me to watch it alone in the dark and I did.

Quote from: zeebo on February 19, 2018, 12:59:06 AM

Yes, A good rule of thumb.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2018, 12:51:13 AM
I saw it from it's backside and I can see how people could think it was a small "humanoid" type figure, especially in dim light.

Yup.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2018, 01:03:57 AM
This squirel propaganda against thier natural enemy. Fake news. ;)
LOL.  The E.T. ... err, owl I saw may have flown off with something in it's mouth.  Maybe it was one of your buddies, zeeb. ;) :o

Gd5150

How would you like to wake up in the middle of the night and see this peeking around the corner at you...