• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Keurig Machines

Started by Wintermute, February 19, 2015, 10:50:38 AM

wr250

Quote from: HorrorRetro on May 16, 2015, 01:47:17 PM
I don't like regular coffee makers because I don't like the taste of coffee that sits in the pot. It either tastes burnt or just blah. I like the Keurig because I get a fresh cup every time.
use a thermos.

jjsmooth

I don't like regular coffee makers because I don't like the taste of coffee that sits in the pot. It either tastes burnt or just blah. I like the Keurig because I get a fresh cup every time.

I also like the fresh cup on demand, especially at work since I brew for myself. To avoid the k-cup waste issue, I buy the San Francisco Bay k-cup-compatible products (they're mostly biodegradable). The only complaint I have is that their coffee tastes just a tad bit fruity, no matter which blend I try...

WOTR

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 19, 2015, 11:02:43 AM
The success of the Keurig at this time of a perpetual economic recession, the movement to recycle and pollute less, is truly astonishing.
People are irrational, at best.  It is easy to say that you want to save the environment while justifying a Keruig.

Fortunately, I make no such claims- so when I heat up 12l of water in a commercial espresso maker using electricity from a coal-fired power plant to pull two shots and possibly steam half a cup of milk, I am not a hypocrite. Possibly environmentally irresponsible- but I justify it by saving electricity not turning on the radio to tune in Jorch... ;)

zeebo

You are correct to dislike the burnt coffee.  I finally figured out that the thermal carafe models are so much better.  They don't burn the coffee and as a bonus if you're OCD like me you don't have to worry about the burner shutting off, there is none.  Mine keeps the coffee warm for like 2 hours, and the last cup is as good as da first.   :)

stainless steel stove top or campfire perc. i get a regular shipment of coffee beans from costa rica. the stronger the better. zero blending. i just like it and there is nothing like waking up to a power outage in winter knowing you're going to have a cup in a few minutes.

..... i hate plastic kitchen appliances.

albrecht

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 16, 2015, 09:37:56 PM

..... i hate plastic kitchen appliances.
Percs the way to go. Though I will abide with Nescafe instant. Not a coffee snob, I guess. But get the job done and quick. Speaking of which, and I doubt there is any safety issues due to boiling, but anyone ever look inside those plastic jobs you get at hotels for boiling water for coffee/tea? So much scale, deposits, and weird stuff in there. Yuck.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on May 16, 2015, 10:01:35 PM
Percs the way to go. Though I will abide with Nescafe instant. Not a coffee snob, I guess. But get the job done and quick. Speaking of which, and I doubt there is any safety issues due to boiling, but anyone ever look inside those plastic jobs you get at hotels for boiling water for coffee/tea? So much scale, deposits, and weird stuff in there. Yuck.

And most recently cleaned with benzine.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 19, 2015, 11:21:34 AM
I have a Keurig at my office for convenience. It makes a fair cup of coffee. At home, I grind my beans and use a French press, which, in my opinion, produces the best cup of coffee.
My piece of crap Keurig finally died.  I was never completely happy with what it brewed and I didn't use those blasted K cups, just the mesh cup with my own coffee.

I remembered the French press being mentioned here, so I picked-up an inexpensive one to try.  Damn!  That simple ass thing makes some great tasting coffee!  Smooth, no bitterness, lots of flavor.  Easy, quick, and easy to clean-up.  I love the thing!  Now I'm drinking twice the coffee, it's so good.

Thank you!  Now I can be completely wired for MITD.

My entiment on every  SB van