• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

From Art Bell

Started by Art Bell, September 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

phrodo

This is what I sent to a local AM 50K watt clear channel Tyler Media station earlier today that is the other talk station that doesn't carry Dave...

Did you know the legendary Art Bell is back with a new show - Midnight in The Desert? I'd LOVE it if you would carry it on KOKC and think it would get great ratings for your station. It currently streams on the internet and starting Oct 1st it'll be available via XDS satellite for broadcasters. Please check into carrying it as I already listen online but would love to be able to listen while in my car or on my radio without having to use a computer or tying up my smartphone. I think it would get better ratings than the last hour of Herman or the first two hours of Red Eye... yawn... sorry. Here's a list of stations already carrying Art - http://artbell.com/radio-stations/ - and that list will undoubtably grow on 10/1. Info can be had by emailing affiliates@artbell.com.

A really cool aspect of Art's show is that since it's carried on the internet he gets callers from around the world - he's had many callers from Europe, Africea, Asia and Australia - and from the US too of course. But it's pretty cool that it's worldwide now - instead of just "Coast to Coast". Check out his new YouTube channel for some clips and highlights from the show -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPX3zf5CH0R6GnOQAXABeQA .

Thanks and looking forward to hearing Art back on the air in OKC and beyond..

-----------

Posted this in the other Art Bell thread .. and didn't see the affiliate info in this thread so will follow up tomorrow with another email with the enhanced affiliate info.

Robert

Quote from: Alaskana on September 22, 2015, 02:14:16 PMjust chiming in here for those who may still be confused about what MITD being broadcast via Satellite means in this case and the difference between how it will operate on XDS and how it worked on Sirus XM. Sirus XM was both the provider of the satellite feed and the broadcaster/radio station for Dark Matter all rolled up into one package, so needing to find affiliates was not an issue then so to speak. XDS is just the feed provider, so MITD will be broadcast via Satellite (like Dark Matter was) via the XDS feed but it will still need any one of the 4000 individual stations that have the XDS satellite receiver to 'tune' to the MITD channel and then broadcast it via the airwaves through their AM/FM antennas. In case the Satellite feed goes down on any of the stations, there is a backup feed transmitted via the Internet in case stations need to use it until the Satellite link goes back up.

I could be wrong in my interpretation and if so someone please correct me, but I think that is more or less a correct simplified overview.
Assuming your interpret'n is correct, is the bottom line simply that affiliates will have a more stable, reliable cx?  Or is there more to it?

I'd sure like to bring NYC back on board, and/or get MITD to a medium-wave or FM outlet near Charleston, SC, where my friend John lives now.

phrodo

Also - ART -- I think you could offer a couple more minutes of commercial time to stations carrying the show within the current format. You could cut down the bumper music at the top of the hour to a minute on either side instead of two and consider cutting the news back by a minute -- four minutes of Leo is plenty for him = give affiliates a minute at the end of the news and you'd still get a five minute break to take a whiz etc. That would be THREE more minutes of commercial time for affiliates and that would be HUGE for them and more likely to entice those on the edge to sign on.

And the above would not impact your listeners a bit as we would still be getting the exact same amount of your awesomeness.  :D 

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on September 22, 2015, 09:33:34 PM
This is what I sent to a local AM 50K watt clear channel Tyler Media station earlier today that is the other talk station that doesn't carry Dave...

Did you know the legendary Art Bell is back with a new show - Midnight in The Desert? I'd LOVE it if you would carry it on KOKC and think it would get great ratings for your station. It currently streams on the internet and starting Oct 1st it'll be available via XDS satellite for broadcasters. Please check into carrying it as I already listen online but would love to be able to listen while in my car or on my radio without having to use a computer or tying up my smartphone. I think it would get better ratings than the last hour of Herman or the first two hours of Red Eye... yawn... sorry. Here's a list of stations already carrying Art - http://artbell.com/radio-stations/ - and that list will undoubtably grow on 10/1. Info can be had by emailing affiliates@artbell.com.

A really cool aspect of Art's show is that since it's carried on the internet he gets callers from around the world - he's had many callers from Europe, Africea, Asia and Australia - and from the US too of course. But it's pretty cool that it's worldwide now - instead of just "Coast to Coast". Check out his new YouTube channel for some clips and highlights from the show -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPX3zf5CH0R6GnOQAXABeQA .

Thanks and looking forward to hearing Art back on the air in OKC and beyond..

-----------

Posted this in the other Art Bell thread .. and didn't see the affiliate info in this thread so will follow up tomorrow with another email with the enhanced affiliate info.

There is a custom URL which is easier to remember: https://www.youtube.com/c/artbell51

You might want to use that one on all correspondence.

AppealPlay

Quote from: jazmunda on September 22, 2015, 09:46:22 PM
There is a custom URL which is easier to remember: https://www.youtube.com/c/artbell51

The best one is the "Art Doesn't Screen Calls" video.  Art rules. :D

Also, I recommend adding a YouTube icon on artbell.com so that people can easily click the icon and hop over to Art's channel.  Facebook and Twitter, too, actually.

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 22, 2015, 09:47:46 PM
The best one is the "Art Doesn't Screen Calls" video.  Art rules. :D

Also, I recommend adding a YouTube icon on artbell.com so that people can easily click the icon and hop over to Art's channel.  Facebook and Twitter, too, actually.
Yes. Very necessary

phrodo

Thanks. I just copied what came up in my browser. Gonna followup with new info tomorrow so will use that too. Thanks again!

bradtech

Hello Art,

I sent an email to the program director Jack Taylor at KOKC 1520 AM News-Talk Radio in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  Hope to hear you on it soon and mentioned the XDS satellite feed.

bradtech

Looks like someone beat me to it. Hopefully this guy adds the show to KOKC!

Alaskana

Quote from: Robert on September 22, 2015, 09:39:30 PM
Assuming your interpret'n is correct, is the bottom line simply that affiliates will have a more stable, reliable cx?  Or is there more to it?

I'd sure like to bring NYC back on board, and/or get MITD to a medium-wave or FM outlet near Charleston, SC, where my friend John lives now.

Hi Robert,

my take on it is that it's not necessarily that the affiliates will have a more stable/reliable feed than if they had just picked MITD up over the Internet, but that the show will now be easily selected as a 'channel' for radio station operators who wish to pick up the show using the XDS receiver. Much like your DirecTV or Dish network receiver box picks up any given number of channels via your satellite dish, if a radio station has the XDS receiver they can simply select MITD as a channel and using the built in software can easily select that channel to run in a given time slot. As it is now, I believe a station would have to obtain the show as most of us do, via streaming, and then rebroadcast it. That isn't a huge technical hurdle in and of itself, but now that MITD will be packaged in an easily accessible Satellite channel, it will make running the show that more easier and attractive for station operators.

Hope that helped clarify it a bit. :)

phrodo

Quote from: bradtech on September 22, 2015, 10:21:45 PM

No worries -- THANKS and the more the merrier!  ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on September 22, 2015, 10:09:15 PM
Thanks. I just copied what came up in my browser. Gonna followup with new info tomorrow so will use that too. Thanks again!

We just got it. The one you linked still works. The new one is just easier to remember.

bradtech

I got my brother addicted to Art, and he has his own time traveler subscription now. I'll have him ping the program director over there too. Seems to be a heavy politics station. They need a break and something else.

Quote from: phrodo on September 22, 2015, 10:30:03 PM

phrodo

Thanks again jazmunda! That's indeed much better.

Folks may also want to include this affiliate info link that I found after I sent my original email --- http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/

Example
-----------------

"Salutation" --

Did you know the legendary Art Bell is back with a new show - Midnight in The Desert? I'd LOVE it if you would carry it on (your local station) and think it would get great ratings for your station. It currently streams on the internet and starting Oct 1st it'll be available via XDS satellite for broadcasters. Please check into carrying it as I already listen online but would love to be able to listen to (your local station) while in my car or on my bedside clock radio without having to use a computer or tying up my smartphone.

Here's a list of stations already carrying Art - http://artbell.com/radio-stations/ - and that list will undoubtedly grow on 10/1. Affiliate info can be found here -- http://nexusbroadcast.com/affiliate-terms-and-sign-up/    .

An amazing aspect of Art's show is that since it's carried on the internet he gets callers from around the world - he's had many callers from Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia - and from the US too of course. But it's pretty cool that it's worldwide now - instead of just "Coast to Coast". Check out his new YouTube channel for some clips and highlights from the show -- http://www.youtube.com/c/artbell51 .

Thanks and looking forward to hearing Art back on the air in (your local area) and beyond.

Sincerely,
ME

-----------------

Please use/modify this version if and anyway you'd like as I found a couple of typos/grammatical errors in the original.  :P

jazmunda

Quote from: bradtech on September 22, 2015, 10:21:45 PM

Quote from: phrodo on September 22, 2015, 10:30:03 PM

The more people that contact them the more they are likely to listen.

Spinner

The more the merrier, indeed! :)

For anyone who is writing, calling or emailing radio stations, remember that you don't have to limit yourself to your local radio stations. By all means, contact any other radio stations across the nation. The more requests they receive, the better.

jazmunda

Quote from: Spinner on September 22, 2015, 10:41:55 PM

For anyone who is writing, calling or emailing radio stations, remember that you don't have to limit yourself to your local radio stations. By all means, contact any other radio stations across the nation. The more requests they receive, the better.

That's a great point.

Morgus

Art posted this on facebook a few hours ago:

New Stations for MITD: First come first served:
Starting in Dec KFMB SanDiego/La
Starting early October:
KFRH Fm 100KW Las Vegas 104.3
KBET 760AM Las Vegas
KTKN 930AM Ketchikan, AK
KLZ 560 AM Denver, CO 5KW
WDCD 1540 Albany, NY 50KW

And so it begins, this is how we take
back the night. Please call your local station and request MITD but make sure it is not the station that carries that other show but instead the competition.
Art

----------------------------------------------------------------

That was fast - some big powerful AM radio stations in major markets already signing up after only one day!

Hautex

Since one of Art Bell's best attributes is his ability to remain humble, it is easy to overlook his induction in the National Radio Hall of Fame (which needs to be updated). Few members have dedicated their entire lives, to not only being on the air, but to the entire science and nuance of radio. http://www.radiohof.org/art_bell.htm Not to mention that such an important contribution to the world's knowledge originates from a private residence. Find me another show that can say that? His dedication to the media of radio is, in my opinion, unequalled, and needs to inspire the next generation(s).

Alaskana

I'm working on the twin cities market - here's a list talk stations in the area. Now I just have to figure out which ones are carrying Coast.

WCCO     830 AM     15.2 mi. Signal Strength 5             Minneapolis, MN                News/Talk
KTNF     950 AM     9.9 mi. Signal Strength 4             Saint Louis Park, MN        Talk
KTLK     1130 AM     22.8 mi. Signal Strength 4     Minneapolis, MN               News/Talk
WWTC     1280 AM     4.3 mi. Signal Strength 5     Minneapolis, MN               News/Talk
KTMY     107.1 FM     9.2 mi. Signal Strength 5     Coon Rapids, MN               Talk

Update: Looks like KTLK 1130 AM has Coast right now as well as KTLK X1 103.5 FM. Are folks here still contacting stations that carry Coast or are we only looking at stations that aren't carrying it?

TigerLily

Quote from: Spinner on September 22, 2015, 10:41:55 PM

Definitely. San Diego is a done deal so today I'm emailing and facebooking L.A. then will.move on.up the coast.
It so fun to.have a mission again. Stops us from eating our young

TigerLily

Quote from: Morgus on September 23, 2015, 01:12:33 AM

Starting early October:
KBET 760AM Las Vegas
KTKN 930AM Ketchikan, AK

back the night. Please call your local station and request MITD but make sure it is not the station that carries that other show but instead the competition.
Art

That was fast - some big powerful AM radio stations in major markets already signing up after only one day!
Thanks for posting these..That way I knew to drop S.D. and and move on

chefist

It's a fun ride! Maybe we could all agree to call 3-4 major stations in big markets! WLS Chicago, WABC New York, etc...

TigerLily

Quote from: Alaskana on September 22, 2015, 10:29:55 PM
Hi Robert

Hope that helped clarify it a bit. :)
Thanks Alaskana Good to understand this better. Knowledge.is Power Go team Bellgab!

LeslieV

Starting early October:
KBET 760AM Las Vegas
KTKN 930AM Ketchikan, AK

Art

KLZ in Denver is being a little quiet about it for now but the front desk did mention she got some calls from listeners excited to hear Art will be on.  The PD was not available for comment.  It is a nice 5KW station that covers the metro area very well and also south to Colorado Springs and north to WY and of course the major interstates that come thru Denver.

The station that carries that other guy is a 50KW one but usually has sports on for some of the time slot and many times uses half the time slot for sports.

Good to have Art back in Denver for those working nights who only have a radio and no net access or are time travelers as I am.  Will still time travel as I am now listening to last night.

Dateline

Lets do the math on an aggressive growth marketing strategy:

5 new affiliates in one day x 5 days in a week = 25 new affiliates in the week x 4.3 weeks in a month = 107.50 affiliates in the first month x 6 months = 645 affiliates in a six month period.  This could be substantially increased as more and more affiliates are added i.e. a stream roller effect. 

DesertFox

I'll cover South Florida for you, Art!

paladin1991

Starting early October:
KBET 760AM Las Vegas
KTKN 930AM Ketchikan, AK

Art

Bwahahahahha! 

jazmunda

Art Bell explains his plans to take Midnight In The Desert to the Next Level.

https://youtu.be/SmSysnFDnGU