• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 21, 2018, 04:48:58 PM
Ahh, our precious PBS and her insight.. I agree completely. The upper case, cursive  letter “A” has been Art’s way of signing his name for as long as I can remember. I’m certain that’s Art’s signature.

Wish we could hear from Vickie too.  OMG, An Art Bell wives round table!  :o

Unfortunately the man we thought we knew had a past that I’m sure he wasn’t proud of.  Instead of facing it he ran from it. Trying to forget and bury the sorted life he lived. He left behind wives, children and hopefully he had to live with regret.

Then Art Jr. was brutalized. He claimed he did all he could to help him, but did he? Art seemed genuine in that he wanted to protect Art Jr at whatever cost.

Boy, would I love to hear about all these children coming together to become whole. What a testimony that would be for all of these beautiful people.

Isn’t it crazy though the way he pined over Ramona. Then Airyn came along, then more kids. He became outwardly the most protective, loving husband and father.  It’s crazy. He tried to be straight and then along comes HLW. He had no control.
A very intelligent man with many gifts, who could only live by allowing his senses and desires overtake any sensibility.

I hope that through all the love and support Art received from BellGab and all the fans that supported him, that we in time can see a happy ending for all of Art’s children from Big Brother Vincent to Baby Alex.
I think Vincent should take the lead as big brother, he sounds so confident and an overcomer. They’ll all need him to help walk through the reality of this melee. He seems like a strong individual.

I also hope that when Airyn finds that there are heirs from past relationships she’ll step up and try to help contribute to restoration

I believe that might help us, whom have been sickened by this reality to have some restoration too.

Might be living in Dreamland but there’s always hope....

Praise MV  Praise BellGab...

Claudius

Quote from: ericdxx on May 22, 2018, 07:38:57 AM
The only measurement of credibility here is time.

Do you think you can just come in here and disrespect members who has been here for years and years?

I hope you're joking about all of this. You're acting like this is some sort of enlightened literary discussion group weighing the pros and cons of Aristotelian philosophy, this is Bellgab and you're ridiculous. 

Did the grandparents have anything to do with the Art's kids? I heard from someone there is a podcast with Grandpa Bell's 8th grade girlfriend as a guest. She said the grandparents had a farm and harvested real children from it like a cabbage patch garden. Is this true? I'm not seeing the link in the past 50 pages...

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 21, 2018, 09:30:05 AM
however, his legacy is tainted by his serial abandoning

LOL, what a total load of shit. 

Let's just be honest here... nobody gives a flying fuck about Art's personal life outside of this endless echo chamber.

ItsOver

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 22, 2018, 01:14:10 PM
Did the grandparents have anything to do with the Art's kids? ... She said the grandparents had a farm and harvested real children from it like a cabbage patch garden. Is this true?...
Of course.  What's to doubt?

Metron2267

Quote from: creepygreenlight on May 22, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

Let's just be honest here... nobody gives a flying fuck about Art's personal life outside of this endless echo chamber.

And the feeders who seed this realm, true.

Hells Mole

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 21, 2018, 10:01:36 AM
Vincent said Art had another son named Paul?

I believe that's The Walrus.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 22, 2018, 02:23:52 PM
Of course.  What's to doubt?

I knew it. Thanks for the pic. I think I can make out Art's signature on it. If only there were some documents for comparison purposes.

Quote from: creepygreenlight on May 22, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

Ok, honesty it is.  Very few people in this country have ever heard of Art Bell, and few of those have even thought about him this century

To the extent there is a legacy, it's nearly nonexistant

Sean92008

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 22, 2018, 01:14:10 PM
Did the grandparents have anything to do with the Art's kids? I heard from someone there is a podcast with Grandpa Bell's 8th grade girlfriend as a guest. She said the grandparents had a farm and harvested real children from it like a cabbage patch garden. Is this true? I'm not seeing the link in the past 50 pages...
Serious point, if the Grandparents Bell weren't involved, that's a big red flag.  That would mean two generations of Bells were sociotards.

Claudius

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 22, 2018, 08:05:19 PM
Ok, honesty it is.  Very few people in this country have ever heard of Art Bell, and few of those have even thought about him this century

This. He was fairly well known in the radio world but outside of his quite insular listening audience he and his legacy are unknown. Those who do admire him or simply know about his legacy will certainly become quite deflated about him as more information about the real Art Bell comes out.

Can't say I'm surprised about any of this in the slightest, it was all there for anyone who wasn't an ardent fan to see.

Quote from: Claudius on May 22, 2018, 08:58:41 PM
This. He was fairly well known in the radio world but outside of his quite insular listening audience he and his legacy are unknown. Those who do admire him or simply know about his legacy will certainly become quite deflated about him as more information about the real Art Bell comes out.

Can't say I'm surprised about any of this in the slightest, it was all there for anyone who wasn't an ardent fan to see.

I remember him shilling HGH and thinking ''why is he pushing this garbage?'', and him not correcting the record when it was claimed he had 15 million listeners. 

Radio reports the number of listeners in cumulatives for the week, so that's 3 million per night for five days - not 15 million per show.  The population of the US was 300 million then, so for the 15 million to be accurate, one person out of every twenty men, women, and children in the country would have had to be listening to the show every night.  To a show that started at 1 am on the east coast.

The deception is starting to make more sense now.  I wonder if he didn't write and post the comments attacking Filipinos on the internet himself because he was mad at Ramona or something.  Why would someone else do that in his name?

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 22, 2018, 09:11:14 PM
...  I wonder if he didn't write and post the comments attacking Filipinos on the internet himself because he was mad at Ramona or something.  Why would someone else do that in his name?
Living in the San Diego area, Art would have lived in close proximity to the largest Filipino community outside of the Philippines... Maybe a jilted lover had the motivation.  Some nationalities are so dismissive of Filipinas that a Japanese, Korean or Chinese may have generated the hate after being dumped for a Filipina.  Heck, somebody's boyfriend/husband may have done it after he did their girl...  Art pooped on everybody's lawn and maybe in his own pond.

K_Dubb

The deception is starting to make more sense now.  I wonder if he didn't write and post the comments attacking Filipinos on the internet himself because he was mad at Ramona or something.  Why would someone else do that in his name?

That letter can only have been written by another Asian.  Nobody else cares.

Claudius

I remember him shilling HGH and thinking ''why is he pushing this garbage?'', and him not correcting the record when it was claimed he had 15 million listeners. 

Radio reports the number of listeners in cumulatives for the week, so that's 3 million per night for five days - not 15 million per show.  The population of the US was 300 million then, so for the 15 million to be accurate, one person out of every twenty men, women, and children in the country would have had to be listening to the show every night.  To a show that started at 1 am on the east coast.

Actually I believe he said in court that it was less than that. I read through the entire court transcript from when he was suing for a laughably large amount of money because of the whole slander thing. When you read through it you realize how absurd the whole case was and how petty and childish Art was. Art was suing the radio host because someone else came on and kinda sorta said something was up with Art and potentially some sort of molestation.

Skimming it again he claims to have about 6.8 million in 1999, what I think we can all say his peak time was. So on a good night he was pulling about 1 million listeners.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 22, 2018, 08:05:19 PM

Art Bell's legacy is the existence of the countless "Paranormal" radio shows (podcasts) out there today.  He pretty much invented the genre of "paranormal radio" and paved the way for what you now hear as mostly pathetic attempts to copy what he once did.  A good long read of "The Art of Talk" is really all anyone will ever need to fully understand Art Bell as a human being, he pretty well explains the fact that he was an unapologetic asshole who didn't let life's "inconveniences" get in the way of his beloved radio career and all of the money and women that came along with it.  It is what it is. 

For me Art's legacy is simply the magic of his old shows, and I wouldn't care to make it any more complicated than just that.

Lola2001

Where can I listen to that interview with Art's former skank she did after he died? Anybody know?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Lola2001 on May 22, 2018, 10:35:19 PM
Where can I listen to that interview with Art's former skank she did after he died? Anybody know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gD8jZh9F8o

Metron2267

Quote from: creepygreenlight on May 22, 2018, 10:29:57 PM
Art Bell's legacy is the existence of the countless "Paranormal" radio shows (podcasts) out there today.  He pretty much invented the genre of "paranormal radio" and paved the way for what you now hear as mostly pathetic attempts to copy what he once did.  A good long read of "The Art of Talk" is really all anyone will ever need to fully understand Art Bell as a human being, he pretty well explains the fact that he was an unapologetic asshole who didn't let life's "inconveniences" get in the way of his beloved radio career and all of the money and women that came along with it.  It is what it is. 

For me Art's legacy is simply the magic of his old shows, and I wouldn't care to make it any more complicated than just that.

Given Heather's massive flake out - a sensible reaction there.

aldousburbank

Rogan and Howard Bloom discussed Art Bell for several minutes on the JRE from earlier this week.

paladin1991

Is daddy coming home?

chefist

Interesting that Sean Hannity today mentioned Art Bell and his book the "Quickening" on his radio show...weird.

Quote from: chefist on May 23, 2018, 01:14:17 PM
Interesting that Sean Hannity today mentioned Art Bell and his book the "Quickening" on his radio show...weird.

In a good way? Or did he bump into Art at a sex party?

El Chorro

Quote from: chefist on May 23, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

Yes I caught that too...Savage was taking his weekly random day off.

He said that news is coming really fast these days, implying that Art predicted it. He didn't mention that he had died recently, or clarify that he was a radio host...he just dropped it there like we should know about it.

Nice to see him remembered and called out like that.

Rix Gins

Quote from: El Chorro on May 23, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
Yes I caught that too...Savage was taking his weekly random day off.

He said that news is coming really fast these days, implying that Art predicted it. He didn't mention that he had died recently, or clarify that he was a radio host...he just dropped it there like we should know about it.

Nice to see him remembered and called out like that.

Michael might have had another procedure done regarding the tooth implant that was started last week.  The poor guy has lousy teeth but he does manage to get a tooth worked on every couple years or so.  He hates dental work with a passion.

munbeam666

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 23, 2018, 03:02:48 PM

Michael might have had another procedure done regarding the tooth implant that was started last week.  The poor guy has lousy teeth but he does manage to get a tooth worked on every couple years or so.  He hates dental work with a passion.
He also hates dogs. He thinks they're voyeurs

El Chorro

Quote from: munbeam666 on May 23, 2018, 04:09:28 PM
He also hates dogs. He thinks they're voyeurs

Not Savage. He's made an industry of his love for his poodle.

Maybe you're thinking cats?

munbeam666

Quote from: El Chorro on May 23, 2018, 04:24:35 PM
Not Savage. He's made an industry of his love for his poodle.

Maybe you're thinking cats?
He once complained that he had to kick out his dog from his bedroom while he and his wife were making love. The dog was sleeping, but it still bothered him. He ranted for several minutes about it