• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Some things that other hosts have said.

Started by mombird3, March 21, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

mombird3

John Wells had a guest who said that a oija board is a toy.
Another Guest said there is no such thing as an out of body experience.
Someone else said there are no shadow people.
And there is no talking from the dead.And there is no time travel.
Why is it that the guests Noory has had, are not aware that Wells and Knapp know of this? What about a guest debating these subjects. I know Noory cannot but have two on at one time and eliminate Noory.
That is why the show is crap. Just my opinion.

McPhallus

This is a good point: the show is inconsistent with itself.  Schizophrenic, even.

In order for there to be consistency, the show would have to get everyone on the same level, which would mean everyone would have to drop to the lowest common denominator.

And we all know who that is.

Quote from: mombird3 on March 21, 2013, 09:40:58 PM
Why is it that the guests Noory has had, are not aware that Wells and Knapp know of this? What about a guest debating these subjects. I know Noory cannot but have two on at one time and eliminate Noory.
That is why the show is crap. Just my opinion.

ItsOver

John Wells had a guest who said that a oija board is a toy.......

That must have been the guest that was talking about when a Ouija board participant is blindfolded, the Ouija planchette starts spelling out nonsensical responses, indicating the participant is subconsciously moving the planchette when they can see the board.

Sardondi

Why is it that the guests Noory has had, are not aware that Wells and Knapp know of this? What about a guest debating these subjects. I know Noory cannot but have two on at one time and eliminate Noory. That is why the show is crap. Just my opinion.
Quote from: McPhallus on March 21, 2013, 10:00:59 PM
This is a good point: the show is inconsistent with itself.  Schizophrenic, even.
In order for there to be consistency, the show would have to get everyone on the same level, which would mean everyone would have to drop to the lowest common denominator...
Meh, I'm not irked in any way by C2C having no consistent position about various paranormal/alt/psi subjects and issues. Besides, I usually I'm pretty bummed about any authority imposing attitudes on people. While I do generally recognize that C2C as an employer has the right to require the hosts to say certain things, I still don't like it, and the less of it done the happier the employees are. But it looks like at least some listeners aren't. 

Juan

I can't imagine how a show like Coast could be consistent. 

onan

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 22, 2013, 01:54:00 PM
I can't imagine how a show like Coast could be consistent.

Well it is consistently bad. But I agree. To be interesting a certain amount of inconsistency seems just about right.

ShayP

I've heard programs with Knapp and Wells where the guests totally contradicted, and some times made fun of, the theories of Noory's favorite guests.  I can't recall which guest JBW had on (it was a long time ago) where both he and the guest cracked on specific topics. (abiotic oil and Hoagland's nonsense)
I thought it was funny because it was something Noory spouts off about and is favor of.  Having no consistant position is fine and probably necessary.  However, I wonder if Noory gets offended if he finds out JBW is flaming the things George holds dear to his heart.  Noory is the boss ya know.  :P

mombird3

I know it cannot be consistent but RFID lady has complained about the Walmart tags on the clothes sending signals that can tell what a person  purchases. And then Loren Weinstein the computer expert says Walmart tags only tell Walmart what stock they have left. And George has agred with both guests and withing a week of each guest on the air. I have not once yet heard him say that someone else said something different.
The RFID CHIP lady is also selling the Start page that hse gets paid to sell. It turns into an infomercial.
That is why it sucks.

If they are going to have a guest on, the guest should be interviewed fairly - given a chance to get their info or theories out, answering questions a skeptic would ask.  So what if they aren't consistent with some other guest.

What bothers me is when Goerge arrogantly says 'yoo don't know what I think', then goes on to tell us what he thinks, and either agrees with every guest or loses them with 'bad phone connections'. Such a phony-baloney dumb person who thinks everyone else is dumber than he is.

mombird3

He agrees with a guest who has an completely different view than, let us say, the numbers lady, or the authority on the science, it get me so mad. The newbies to the show do not know this. At least Wells and Knapp have remembered what they have said in the past.