• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: ItsOver on November 12, 2019, 06:11:30 PM
How would you like to be tried by Schiff for something, Doc?  This clown is running things like some kind of Soviet "justice" joke. This is how these commies would love to run a judicial system for everyone.

The people screaming the loudest about how "unfair" the impeachment process is for poor old trump seem to be the most ignorant about the process.

The Constitution leaves the process almost entirely at the discretion of Congress.  It does not follow the process under the law because it is a political and not a judicial matter.

There have been 11 impeachments since the Constitution was ratified.  In one of them, as I recall, a judge was impeached six months before the inquiry even took place.  Clinton did not have as "fair" of a process (when contrasted to a judicial process) that trump is getting.

Some people think that's wrong -- that it offends one's sense of fairness to have such an important process trail that of the law and be almost entirely arbitrary.  You can count me among them.  But changing it requires a change to the Constitution, and that is a tricky thing to do.

The process is moving in the direction of fairness, mainly because it sets precedent for the next time around, when "your" side is in the hot seat.

I realize that educating oneself about a topic before opining about it is hard work.  Pearl-clutching and feeling smugly righteous is much more fun.  But it's not a good look.  Dems 1; MAHA 0. 

While I am on the topic, there is a reason that pre-impeachment interviews (and pre-indictment interviews) of witnesses behind closed doors: to minimize the opportunity for those witnesses to align their stories.  NOT because the "liberals" are trying to pull a fast one on the voters and rip trump out of his rightful position as president.  Dems 2, MAHA 0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 07:17:04 PM
The people screaming the loudest about how "unfair" the impeachment process is for poor old trump seem to be the most ignorant about the process.

The Constitution leaves the process almost entirely at the discretion of Congress.  It does not follow the process under the law because it is a political and not a judicial matter.

There have been 11 impeachments since the Constitution was ratified.  In one of them, as I recall, a judge was impeached six months before the inquiry even took place.  Clinton did not have as "fair" of a process (when contrasted to a judicial process) that trump is getting.

Some people think that's wrong -- that it offends one's sense of fairness to have such an important process trail that of the law and be almost entirely arbitrary.  You can count me among them.  But changing it requires a change to the Constitution, and that is a tricky thing to do.

The process is moving in the direction of fairness, mainly because it sets precedent for the next time around, when "your" side is in the hot seat.

I realize that educating oneself about a topic before opining about it is hard work.  Pearl-clutching and feeling smugly righteous is much more fun.  But it's not a good look.  Dems 1; MAHA 0. 

While I am on the topic, there is a reason that pre-impeachment interviews (and pre-indictment interviews) of witnesses behind closed doors: to minimize the opportunity for those witnesses to align their stories.  NOT because the "liberals" are trying to pull a fast one on the voters and rip trump out of his rightful position as president.  Dems 2, MAHA 0

You really couldn’t be more full of shit, could you? Republicans had a right to be involved and were denied that so that you establishment clowns could have your star chamber. Pure clown world stuff. ::)

BTW, how’s your filipino “stepdaughter” doing?

Asuka Langley

>dat feel when you cant even post the name is the CIA whistle blower Eric Ciaramella on facehook but it is perfectly fine to dox the kid who smirked at a native American.

I'm probably getting jewed in some elaborate Mossad setup but im voting for Drumpf again... fug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5dmP4ph3A

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 12, 2019, 08:12:12 PM
>dat feel when you cant even post the name is the CIA whistle blower Eric Ciaramella on facehook but it is perfectly fine to dox the kid who smirked at a native American.

I'm probably getting jewed in some elaborate Mossad setup but im voting for Drumpf again... fug

Like it or not, there is a law that protects the identity of the whistle-blower.  No such law protects the "kid."

Also like it or not, it's not okay for trump or any of his followers to break laws just because he's so great. 

Where is Jackstar's Plausible cartoon when I need it?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 08:16:37 PM
Like it or not, there is a law that protects the identity of the whistle-blower.  No such law protects the "kid."

Also like it or not, it's not okay for trump or any of his followers to break laws just because he's so great.

I wonder what CIA whistleblower Eric Ciaramella would do if Eric Ciaramella saw the name Eric Ciaramella being posted by someone who is not Eric Ciaramella or someone Eric Ciaramella knows on a Art Bell forum by a smug anime girl 🤔

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 08:16:37 PM

^^^^^
Gloating about the corruption. ::) ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 08:26:03 PM
Where is Jackstar's Plausible cartoon when I need it?

How’s your filipino “stepdaughter” doing?

pate

Mr. Trump, I am also adding to yore list of crymes you are imapeachmint'd fore;  failure to abolish Daylight Saving Thymes.  Absolut embelishmint, sir!

-p

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 09:56:05 PM
Mr. Trump, I am also adding to yore list of crymes you are imapeachmint'd fore;  failure to abolish Daylight Saving Thymes.  Absolut embelishmint, sir!

-p

The biggest myth of the Trump economy

President Trump gave a big-deal speech on the economy in New York on Nov. 12 that was as much fiction as fact.

Trump overplayed the health of the economy, said his daughter Ivanka created 14 million jobs, vastly overstated income gains on his watch and lied for at least the 100th time about China paying the tariffs he has placed on American importers. You could bleed as much ink correcting Trump’s lies as he spent on the whole speech.

But there’s one overriding falsehood that dominates Trump’s narrative on the economy: That presidential policies determine the state of the economy. This is not true under Trump and it was not true under his predecessors, either.

What you see here is an economy that didn’t change much between the Trump and Obama administrations. If anything, a few important trends are weakening under Trump. Job growth has dropped from a monthly average of 216,000 during Obama’s second term to 182,000 under Trump. A key measure of manufacturing activity shows the factory economy has dipped into a recession, with the lowest pace of activity since 2009.

The irony of Trump’s economic bragging is that one Trump policy really is affecting the economyâ€"for the worse. Trump’s trade war with China is the biggest economic worry for many CEOs, and it has coincided with the manufacturing slump and an unusual pullback in business spending. Falsehoods are so integral to Trump’s economic program, however, that he refuses to acknowledge the harm caused by the trade war, which means he may be unable to fix it. He’ll probably blame Obama, eventually. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-biggest-myth-of-the-trump-economy-215821949.html

Ayep, trump again taking credit for something he didn't do.  The Flim-Flam Man strikes again!

Jackstar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 10:02:14 PM
You could bleed as much ink correcting Trump’s lies as he spent on the whole speech.

How is this any different than when a Clinton does it?

pate

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 10:02:14 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-biggest-myth-of-the-trump-economy-215821949.html

...  The Flim-Flam Man strikes again!

Does that fancy graph use the Labor Dept's "fun-employment" metric applied during the Obama administration where people were just omitted from the data set for "reasons"?  Did they ever stop doing that funny business, and I wonder when?

Not going to bother researching it, havago!

-p

Quote from: Jackstar on November 12, 2019, 10:11:18 PM
How is this any different than when a Clinton does it?

It's not right either way.  But we are talking about donald trump here, not Billary.  That's another thread.  Do you need help navigating the site?

Here's a short video that explains how the Internet works.  MANDATORY VIEWING

https://imgur.com/gallery/SM3a6BW

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 10:16:01 PM
Not going to bother researching it

A MAHAer who is proudly ignorant.  This is shocking news.

pate

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 10:18:21 PM
A MAHAer who is proudly ignorant.  This is shocking news.

You make many assumptions there DoublePenetratedScumbag.

I believe you are the one ignorant of what data-set was used to make the graph that you use to support your limp-wristed argument.

Myself, I don't really care enough to waste the thyme to look into it.  I expect I'd find my assumption to be correct.  I leave it to you to refute, or not (as you probably won't).

I have other more pressing real-life things to do rather than waste however many hours it is you do on an obscure intar-tube forum debating the relevance of who happens to be in the Oval Office right now.

Y'know:

Cheers!

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 10:28:52 PM
Myself, I don't really care enough to waste the thyme to look into it. 

...but you care enough to post about it twice, with cartoons.

Or will it be three times?  Call it relentless ignorance.

pate

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 12, 2019, 10:32:19 PM
...but you care enough to post about it twice, with cartoons.

Or will it be three times?  Call it relentless ignorance.

I knew in the time it took me to go get a burger and get back home, I'd have another chance!

So, now that you have successfully fled the USA to escape the evil Trump how does it feel to have him living rent-free in your mind?

Ignorant perhaps?

-p

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 10:52:30 PM
I knew in the time it took me to go get a burger and get back home, I'd have another chance!

Always happy to please my public.

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 10:52:30 PM
So, now that you have successfully fled the USA to escape the evil Trump how does it feel to have him living rent-free in your mind?

You've successfully identified one of the reasons why taking the train to Nopeville was a feckless exercise.

I think that every voting American should be thinking about trump, long and hard.  Because this is really an inflection point in the history of our country.

There's a thought experiment that goes something like, If you could go back in time and shoot Hitler, would you do it?  The point being, would you sacrifice everything to undo the utter ruin that would befall your country, and the terrible damage done to others?

I absolutely don't think anyone should shoot trump.  I'm not even in support of removing him from office after he's impeached.  Even if we successfully remove him from office, he will be the Pub nominee, and we'll be right back where we started.  We have to defeat him at the polls in 2020.  I think Warren or Sanders would be a disastrous choice for the Dems and would lose.  It was great fun watching Biden hand Ryan's ass to him in the 2012 debates, and it would be great fun to watch him dismantle trump -- if this were still 2012.  It's not.  Biden has lost a step or two.  My choice is Buttigieg.  And I am heartened to read today that he now tops a poll of Iowa voters.  Watching how a man of character and vision tackles trump would be a wonder to behold. 

So, yeah, I'm thinking plenty about trump.  He has been the worst thing to befall the USA since the Civil War.  He has to go.   

pate

You're a cartoon.  Some sort of Bizzaro-world  modern-day MacAurthur.  "I shall return..."

Y'know when I saw that Obama was unfortunately going to be elected I enlisted in the Army (not the reason I enlisted, just the timing).  My mother was worried about me getting deployed somewhere Middle-eastern.  I told her that was probably not going to happen as Obama would surely get us out of the "Bush wars."  Three years into Obama's presidency he sent me to Afghanistan.  He did get us out of Iraq by handing it over to ISIS which I am sure has absolutely nothing to do with the current Syrian troubles... or the return of troops to Iraq...

Anyway, it seems a coward's move to leave one's country like you did.  Sort of "fair-weather" citizenship.  I for one hope you stay there.  This country doesn't need the likes of you, and seems to be doing just fine without you.

I'll be back for your reply after I finish watching the next episode of this goofy "Storm Area 51" tee-vee shoe.

Cheers!

-p

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 11:44:51 PM
Anyway, it seems a coward's move to leave one's country like you did.  Sort of "fair-weather" citizenship. 

You are conflating "residency" and "citizenship."  I didn't renounce my citizenship.

That kind of undermines your point, but it's all opinion anyway.  It seems like a coward's move to post your opinion and then airily wave off any attempts to defend it as not worth your valuable time.  Maybe you should start a blog.  I'm sure an alt-right blog with spelling and grammar like a three year old would have a sizeable audience.  Sell ads.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 12, 2019, 11:49:10 PM
Neck yourself.

When I was 14, I gave myself a hickey just to see what it felt like.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2019, 12:54:00 AM
not your blog maggot

Put down the bottle and go to sleep, Jack.  Big day tomorrow hugging the toilet.  Good night.

Jackstar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 13, 2019, 12:55:47 AM
Big day tomorrow hugging the toilet.

Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2019, 12:58:33 AM
Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

That was fuckin superb.  I love you.

Quote from: pate on November 12, 2019, 11:44:51 PM
Y'know when I saw that Obama was unfortunately going to be elected I enlisted in the Army (not the reason I enlisted, just the timing).  My mother was worried about me getting deployed somewhere Middle-eastern.  I told her that was probably not going to happen as Obama would surely get us out of the "Bush wars."  Three years into Obama's presidency he sent me to Afghanistan.  He did get us out of Iraq by handing it over to ISIS which I am sure has absolutely nothing to do with the current Syrian troubles... or the return of troops to Iraq...

So we have three different presidents with vastly different political styles, each of whom discovered that pulling troops out of the Middle East is as bad or worse than leaving them in.

Can we conclude this is problem with the nature of the region and not a matter of style or politics of the president?  And that leads us to the conclusion that electing something like trump isn't going to fix the situation either.  It's just burning down the house for no useful purpose.

"Trump is now up against the Constitution, but he's not the only thing on trial: So are we the people, as the preamble described us so long ago," said presidential historian Jon Meacham of Vanderbilt University. "Impeachment is a political, not a legal, process, and those with a political stake in this presidency â€" which is to say, his supporters at large and in the House and the Senate â€" need to decide which is more important: the efficacy of checks and balances or the continued reign of a president who seems to take pleasure in flouting those checks and balances."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-face-limits-power-impeachment-000042392.html