• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Aiding and Abetting George From Sucking So Much

Started by 11angeleyes11, April 25, 2009, 12:37:56 PM

11angeleyes11

Yes, we all have a common denominator when we joined this board and that this is George Noory Sucks.  I have decided to try and improve the situation and thus I have started this topic on ways that we can come up with that George Noory will not suck so much. 

These are suggestions that readers from PremRad can take with them to the strategy sessions and see if they can be added into the mix and thus out comes a new and improved show.  This would be entitled aiding and abetting George from sucking so much. 

I know that there is much work to do, but no fear and go figure.  One suggestion it to replace the Producer?  Well, I hate to see one more person added to the unemployment numbers so I would at least suggest reading some self-help books and maybe some serious counseling. 

I read a post under another topic by who posted it escapes me at the moment, but it referred to a caller declaring on the air that George's intro did not generate the excitement that George Knapp's does.  George's voice went flat and he remarked that "We do not have deserts in St. Louis?"  Personally, this would be my first suggestion for improvement.  It is easy and it costs nothing.  The producer will not go hungry.  So, I have decided to take this task on and free-flow some intros that could be of used for Coast.

All protocol are on the table.  This is serious business, I know that you can only do so much, but you have to be positive, the future of the show depends on this.

If he could just stop interjecting silly, non sequitur commentary - and treat the show with a little more seriousness..he might be bearable. Still, he'll never have Art's insight or questioning abilities, and he seems to absolutely refuse to call out guests/callers on bullshit.

Centurion73

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 25, 2009, 12:37:56 PM
Yes, we all have a common denominator when we joined this board and that this is George Noory Sucks.  I have decided to try and improve the situation and thus I have started this topic on ways that we can come up with that George Noory will not suck so much. 

I hate to see one more person added to the unemployment numbers so I would at least suggest reading some self-help books and maybe some serious counseling. 

All protocol are on the table.  This is serious business, I know that you can only do so much, but you have to be positive, the future of the show depends on this.

One rule to do that get rid of Noory. He has proven time and time again that he is incapable of hosting a show that once had a pedigree. It is also clear that Premrad (AKA clearchannels) does not care about the audience and what we (those on this board think.) Art stated himself he kepy away from "those people" for a reason and when he last left they fired 30+ that worked for HIM, why? So they Premrad/CC could control the content (,ore shilling less filling) sell more BS commercial spots, sell anyone a spot with a product to sell. Things will be better now though Noory is going to write the best book ever with Rosemarry, things are looking up all ready.

Sorry to say the show has been DOA since Noortard started.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on April 25, 2009, 02:22:16 PM
One rule to do that get rid of Noory. He has proven time and time again that he is incapable of hosting a show that once had a pedigree. It is also clear that Premrad (AKA clearchannels) does not care about the audience and what we (those on this board think.) Art stated himself he kepy away from "those people" for a reason and when he last left they fired 30+ that worked for HIM, why? So they Premrad/CC could control the content (,ore shilling less filling) sell more BS commercial spots, sell anyone a spot with a product to sell. Things will be better now though Noory is going to write the best book ever with Rosemarry, things are looking up all ready.

Sorry to say the show has been DOA since Noortard started.
My Art experience doesn't go as far back as most of you here, but I can't imagine Art doing an infomercial "Have you ever wanted to be more virile but didn't know what to do?" George however, is the poster boy for cheap shitty hot water and gadgetry mercials. Another reason to keep him on! Good for the economy?

RadioGaGaGirl

I concur with those who truly believe the present C2C format, with the current producers and host at the helm, cannot be salvaged. We are talking about producers whose individual and collective caliber is one that is obviously low. That said, they must bear a lot of responsibility for the show's decline. And to be honest, I think they are without question totally apathetic re the downward spiral of the program. As long as the sales revenue increases or sustains during each fiscal quarter, they couldn't give a rat's
a** about the show's content - which is pretty bloody obvious.

That said, what with all calls being screened, and the 7 second "delay" in broadcasting each show, the producers (and George) have mastered total control in regards to any negative comments from callers who wish to critique the show (whether constructively or otherwise).

When I first heard Snoory on C2C, I intitially thought he was a kind, decent, and easy-to-listen-to host....for the first half hour. Then, like many here, I quickly ascertained that this man was "off". Subsequential listening to the program only enhanced and entrenched my beliefs. George, what with his atrocious hosting skills and serious lack of intellectual capabilities, cannot be salvaged; he too is more concerned with selling himself and attaching himself to numerous television and other media money-making concepts then he is at caring at all about C2C.

Plus, I hate to state this, but based on many of the open-lines callers I have had the true displeasure of listening to, I truly believe Noory's coming
on-board to helm the show also opened the proverbial floodgates; a lower common demonimator in terms of audience is now the rule and not the exception.

Here in Canada, we had a wonderful radio program on the same lines as Coast To Coast AM, entitled "The Richard Syrett Show". It was broadcast from Toronto. Mr. Syrett was, and is, a highly intelligent and discerning individual; one who is highly self-educated in the areas of UFOlogy, the paranormal and science. His guests were impressive, and Mr. Syrett ensured the quality and qualifications of his guests met his high standards. The corporation that owned the radio station abruptly cancelled Richard's show earlier this year, much to the chagrin of the loyal audience. Sadly, I had no choice but to return to C2C.

Today, I cannot stomach even 20 minutes of listening to George. This man is so bloody insulting to my intelligence (and the intelligence of his credible guests) that I am now, like many of you, at a serious loss re deficiency of this realm of programming.

Here's a video of Canadian Richard Syrett during a recent interview he gave here in Toronto. This man and George Noory are night and day, and we Canadians hope Richard will soon return to the Canadian airwaves.

Richard Syrett:

Part One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PLbhH5cr-E#ws

Part Two:
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=89152536224&h=i8VyR&u=Yai0X&ref=mf

Love ya, Richard!

bobcollum

Ya know based on what I read, it doesn't sound like you knew that he actually hosted C2C last night as an emergency replacement. He did, and he did very well if I may say so.

Quote from: bobcollum on April 25, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
Ya know based on what I read, it doesn't sound like you knew that he actually hosted C2C last night as an emergency replacement. He did, and he did very well if I may say so.

I only heard a wee bit, but I thought he did a pretty good job also.  And, I know exactly what the person (it might be you bob) meant when the said his voice sounded like a cross between Punnett & Knapp.

RadioGaGaGirl

Hey there, Bobcullum,

I was in a rush to get out the door last night - right after uploading those
Richard Syrett interview/presentation clips - and I realized this morning that, yes, I completely forgot to post that Richard was filling in for Snoory!

I hope many of you had the chance to tune in and listen to this
much admired Canuck!

I heard him, too, and I think he did a superlative job. Listening to him, it really p*****d me off, as I realized that, with the proper, articulate, and educated host, C2C could really be a positive force to be reckoned with, as opposed to contributing the barren wasteland of today's media.

Gotta dash, honey. GaGa needs her java.  ;D

Frys Girl

Quote from: RadioGaGaGirl on April 26, 2009, 09:35:44 AM
Hey there, Bobcullum,

I was in a rush to get out the door last night - right after uploading those
Richard Syrett interview/presentation clips - and I realized this morning that, yes, I completely forgot to post that Richard was filling in for Snoory!

I hope many of you had the chance to tune in and listen to this
much admired Canuck!

I heard him, too, and I think he did a superlative job. Listening to him, it really p*****d me off, as I realized that, with the proper, articulate, and educated host, C2C could really be a positive force to be reckoned with, as opposed to contributing the barren wasteland of today's media.

Gotta dash, honey. GaGa needs her java.  ;D
You are wonderful! Great to see another chick join this forum! I'm working on the Canuck dude podcasts. So far so good.

Centurion73

Quote from: bobcollum on April 25, 2009, 09:36:51 PM

Yes, he did very well as stated and could be understood in his diction (Noory likes Tommy's dic...) suffice to say that will be the last time we hear this fellow. He proposes too much a threat to Noory and Punnett to be back. C2C with him and Knapp now that would rival the old Art shows I would imagine.

RadioGaGaGirl

Hey, Frys Girl,

Indeed, we women need to step up to the plate and let our voices be heard!

Not that I'm a die-hard feminist.  ;)

Glad to hear that you're perusing Richard's podcasts. His excellent Toronto-based radio program ran for about 2 years up here in Canuckland.
The one thing that p'd his loyal listeners right off was the fact that the radio station that ran his show infused it with FAR too many commercial breaks. The station did not really respect Richard or his format, which really bothered many of us.

Stay alert and awakened, comrades!

GaGa

RadioGaGaGirl

"He (Richard Syrett) proposes too much a threat to Noory and Punnett to be back. C2C with him and Knapp now that would rival the old Art shows I would imagine."

SO true, Centurion...so very true...and rather sad on many levels. That said, I have no doubt that Richard will once again find a viable outlet in order for his proficient, eloquent delivery to be broadcast to an educated, discerning audience.

GaGa

Centurion73

Quote from: RadioGaGaGirl on April 26, 2009, 11:25:22 AM
"He (Richard Syrett) proposes too much a threat to Noory and Punnett to be back. C2C with him and Knapp now that would rival the old Art shows I would imagine."

SO true, Centurion...so very true...and rather sad on many levels. That said, I have no doubt that Richard will once again find a viable outlet in order for his proficient, eloquent delivery to be broadcast to an educated, discerning audience.

GaGa

I am sure as I can be that PremRad/Clearchannels have a no compete clause on him if they do not they should. If he is reading this START YOUR OWN DAMN SHOW IN THE USA!!! Since Noortard & Punnett took over C2C the collective I.Q. is on the extreme left of the BELL (pun intended) curve now.

RadioGaGaGirl

Quote from: Centurion73 on April 26, 2009, 11:33:09 AM
I am sure as I can be that PremRad/Clearchannels have a no compete clause on him if they do not they should. If he is reading this START YOUR OWN DAMN SHOW IN THE USA!!! Since Noortard & Punnett took over C2C the collective I.Q. is on the extreme left of the BELL (pun intended) curve now.

Richard presently hosts an internet radio show, dealing with the paranormal, UFO's, geopolitics, etc.

www.richardsyrett.com

That said, I really want to see him back on "regular radio"....err...for lack of a better term.

Do you KNOW that I emailed Coast To Coast AM, asking them to provide a link to THIS group on THEIR web page...and nobody replied???  HOW RUDE, darlings!  ;)

Ian Punnett? UGH. Not even going to waste my freshly painted nails typing on my keyboard about that man. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What truly amazes me, and I mean this in all seriousness, is:

1). HOW the hell was George Snoory selected/green-lighted to host C2C?

2). WHO the hell approved his lengthy contract renewal?

It simply boggles the mind, no?

I'm making lasagna for dinner tonight...mmmmm....smells delicious!

GaGa

EvB

QuoteNot that I'm a die-hard feminist.  ;)

Ga-Ga my dear, you would never survive as a "die hard" type feminist here.  At least, not if you expect this crowd - women included - not to use language that could get you sued at the workplace.  We're just not like that for the most part. 

That said - the guys here are damned cool, and perfectly capable of separating their personal relationship preferences from some global notion of "how women should be." 

That is, unless you bring up Hillary Clinton, but that's more anti-Hillary than anti-female   ;D

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on April 26, 2009, 12:47:24 PM

That said - the guys here are damned cool, and perfectly capable of separating their personal relationship preferences from some global notion of "how women should be." 

I would agree with EvB and add that I think everyone here is pretty damned cool and that is even the people I disagree with at times and there are some very strong willed and opinionated (imagine that) women on here  ;D.

Shock and dismay register on my face, C2C did not respond back to you? Take that as a compliment, I mean do you really want to be affiliated with "bad boy" and UFOPhil?

I read a post under another topic by who posted it escapes me at the moment, but it referred to a caller declaring on the air that George's intro did not generate the excitement that George Knapp's does.

That was me!

Art stated himself he kepy away from "those people" for a reason and when he last left they fired 30+ that worked for HIM, why?

This is one of two things I don't get about C2CAM: the gigantic staff. Since it's a 4-hour show, 7-nights a week with a "content rich" (ahem) website and a monthly print newsletter I can understand having a larger than normal staff but 30+? Seriously, by my back of the napkin calculations I could easily see having a dozen staff in addition to the hosts but 30+?

The other thing I don't understand is their offices they now have, or at one time had, in Grants Pass, Oregon. Why in Grants Pass and what goes on there?

11angeleyes11

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on April 26, 2009, 02:40:42 PM
I read a post under another topic by who posted it escapes me at the moment, but it referred to a caller declaring on the air that George's intro did not generate the excitement that George Knapp's does.

That was me!

Thanks, that's what inspired me to start this topic.  I really am trying to come up with two new intros for the show via St. Louis and Los Angeles.  This would build on what is said, but be enhanced. 

RadioGaGaGirl

Quote from: Centurion73 on April 26, 2009, 12:58:02 PM
I would agree with EvB and add that I think everyone here is pretty damned cool and that is even the people I disagree with at times and there are some very strong willed and opinionated (imagine that) women on here  ;D.

Shock and dismay register on my face, C2C did not respond back to you? Take that as a compliment, I mean do you really want to be affiliated with "bad boy" and UFOPhil?

Relax, folks, GaGa is cool with all of this. I may be one strong dame, but I know when to turn on the heat and when to keep it off. And by the by, Centurion, NO, I did not email C2C with this website link! Although....nah, forget it.

danDNA

is this the same radiogagagirl who has got the number one smash hits all over the world and is the hottest fashion icon to come out of (centre of fashion) new york since the village people? wow, we are blessed to have you on here. i think the streak of bacon that you stick to your face is genius.