• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Kolchak

Quote from: zeebo on April 26, 2017, 08:33:16 PM
Before bailing on Amy for good, I'll give her the standard three-month Get-Your-Act-Back-Together grace period I established during Art's last spin-out.

Before all this started I was toying with the idea of becoming a subscriber. As of where we stand today, I'm not sure what I'd be paying for.

sendafan2013

AMYS CONSULTATION WITH GEORGE SENDA WOULD BE GREATFUL.  TOGETHER TOO BUILD EXTRANORMAL EMPIRE.

Dyna-X

Looking back with reflective thought, the one thing about Amy's show that didn't make sense is how she got Jesse Ventura on right out of the gate. I doubt her numbers at that point were out of the triple digits. Its just one of those things that I file away while observing the radio and news world.

whoozit

Can I put $10 on another AC issue preventing next weeks show?

Quote from: whoozit on April 27, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Sure.  I'm putting my sawbuck down on a miniature Krakatoa erupting in her back yard leaving her unable to do the program.

zeebo

Quote from: whoozit on April 27, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

I take it AC means "Auditory Conduit".

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 27, 2017, 06:36:26 PM
Looking back with reflective thought, the one thing about Amy's show that didn't make sense is how she got Jesse Ventura on right out of the gate.
I got the impression that Jesse gave her the interview because he confused her with Heather Wade. I think at one point in the interview he said "midnight in the desert."

whoozit

Please tell me Amy didn't drop that she was with MITD.  She doesn't go for those type of shenanigans.

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 27, 2017, 06:36:26 PM
Looking back with reflective thought, the one thing about Amy's show that didn't make sense is how she got Jesse Ventura on right out of the gate. I doubt her numbers at that point were out of the triple digits. Its just one of those things that I file away while observing the radio and news world.

Stanton Friedman, too. It was nice of them to help out with a small time show. What the hell happened. I've never seen anyone have such disregard for building an audience. But if the host doesn't bother to show to up 60% of the time then why should anyone else.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jetorax on April 28, 2017, 02:46:10 PM
Stanton Friedman, too. It was nice of them to help out with a small time show. What the hell happened. I've never seen anyone have such disregard for building an audience. But if the host doesn't bother to show to up 60% of the time then why should anyone else.

I enjoyed her show quite a bit actually last summer. It was different and kind if refreshing.

Now I wish Jaz would have called in so we could have some actual closure. Hecouod have stopped it dead in its tracks.

This Hoaglandesque act of canceling at the last minute has caused me to lose interest.

akwilly

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 28, 2017, 12:52:27 PM
I got the impression that Jesse gave her the interview because he confused her with Heather Wade. I think at one point in the interview he said "midnight in the desert."
haha ya I remember hearing him say that and I don't think she corrected him

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 28, 2017, 02:58:43 PM

This Hoaglandesque act of canceling at the last minute has caused me to lose interest.
I have to confess that I used to make a point to try to be home Wednesday nights.  Now, even if I am home, I do not remember to check if it is live.  Instead, I come here hours later to find out that it was another repeat.

It is going to take a few months of regular Wednesdays before I would think to actually check in or feel any anticipation...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 28, 2017, 06:56:46 PM
I have to confess that I used to make a point to try to be home Wednesday nights.  Now, even if I am home, I do not remember to check if it is live.  Instead, I come here hours later to find out that it was another repeat.

It is going to take a few months of regular Wednesdays before I would think to actually check in or feel any anticipation...

All of our late night parents abandon us eventually. Maybe we really are deplorable?  :'(

whoozit

Do you think there are any circumstances that would prevent Amy from giving the circumstances preventing this weeks show?

Quote from: whoozit on April 28, 2017, 07:02:04 PM
Do you think there are any circumstances that would prevent Amy from giving the circumstances preventing this weeks show?

She said it was the cable company or something. I can honestly believe that as the same thing happened to me for 6 months after a drunk driver crashed into the telephone pylon. But if you factor in the previous time when a Mysterious Stranger went to a convention and started asking people on the show, and the show was ended for
"security purposes". Makes me wonder if there's not some kind of conspiracy afoot here. I just get the impression there is more than is being disclosed.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 06:58:26 PM
All of our late night parents abandon us eventually. Maybe we really are deplorable?  :'(

Nah, but maybe a touch "high maintenance".     ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 06:58:26 PM
I'm going to go sit in a corner and weep for us this afternoon.  We are really all just deplorable orphans unworthy of our late night parents love...  :'(

paladin1991

Quote from: WOTR on April 29, 2017, 02:17:17 PM
I'm going to go sit in a corner and weep for us this afternoon.  We are really all just deplorable orphans unworthy of our late night parents love...  :'(

Where's daddy?  Where's Amy?  Where's anybody?

Kolchak

Quote from: Jetorax on April 29, 2017, 10:18:48 AM
She said it was the cable company or something. I can honestly believe that as the same thing happened to me for 6 months after a drunk driver crashed into the telephone pylon. But if you factor in the previous time when a Mysterious Stranger went to a convention and started asking people on the show, and the show was ended for
"security purposes". Makes me wonder if there's not some kind of conspiracy afoot here. I just get the impression there is more than is being disclosed.

There were some cable company shenanigans. Now, according to Twitter, she's been without power for 41 hours. Hopefully that's sorted out by Wednesday. But she has the sinus surgery Friday - and having had sinus surgery - I'd rule out a live show next week.

whoozit

I think Amy will have a live show the same year Falkie buys land and builds a shack.

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on May 03, 2017, 06:51:30 PM
I think Amy will have a live show the same year Falkie buys land and builds a shack.
Is there some secret retreat where all these radio hosts go after having a few shows? Especially since, at least a few of them, have invested some $$ in equipment. Amy, Bateman (though at least he still is working on one and does his John Bachelor stuff,) Art, RCH, that crazy guy who worked the various shows (then made threats and left in a huff and claimed to start his own- some kind of bodybuilder as I recall.l) Where do they all go?

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on May 03, 2017, 06:51:30 PM

She said she is having throat surgery Friday, so my guess is it will be awhile.

For an android AI, she sure spends a lot of time in the shop.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 07:02:55 PM

Evolution take awhile.  ;)

Quote from: albrecht on May 03, 2017, 06:56:04 PM
Is there some secret retreat where all these radio hosts go after having a few shows? Especially since, at least a few of them, have invested some $$ in equipment. Amy, Bateman (though at least he still is working on one and does his John Bachelor stuff,) Art, RCH, that crazy guy who worked the various shows (then made threats and left in a huff and claimed to start his own- some kind of bodybuilder as I recall.l) Where do they all go?

Yet Dietrich, Heather and the LNM guy punch the clock and get to work when the bell rings.   

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 07:02:55 PM

I thought she said sinus surgery?

I had sinusitis surgery a few years ago, as well as septoplasty to correct a deviated septum. They did it all in one go. It was about 4 days with nasal packing in, but after that, I was good to go.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2017, 08:34:32 PM
I thought she said sinus surgery?

I had sinusitis surgery a few years ago, as well as septoplasty to correct a deviated septum. They did it all in one go. It was about 4 days with nasal packing in, but after that, I was good to go.

Guess you are right...
https://twitter.com/hauntedskeptic_/status/858889102854414336

I mixed it up with this...
https://twitter.com/hauntedskeptic_/status/859062529468887040

Either way she's on the DL until September.

Is Amy still offering paid subscriptions?