• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

RoseGirl

Yes....streaming is the way to go, Art. It compliments your 'raging in the night' independence too.

Those greedy suits are such dinosaurs....forget them. You'll be great with your own network!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 23, 2013, 07:11:33 PM
Congrats, MV!

And now I 'm off to haunt Eddie D.  ;D

don't frighten the young lad.  and thanks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on November 23, 2013, 07:05:33 PM
When I do begin streaming it will be only me, no large company.

i think this was what everyone was really hoping for before the sirius announcement was even made.  can't wait for it to happen, so whether it's next week or in september of 2015, i'll be listening.

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:15:33 PM
i think this was what everyone was really hoping for before the sirius announcement was even made.  can't wait for it to happen, so whether it's next week or in september of 2015, i'll be listening.

Hard ditto.

Wendell73

Hi again,

Well I read through the letter I posted and just can not find where I laid blame
on anybody. I did list the options we had talked about. I did comment about the
choice of Coast after I had left, I did comment on what I thought about Coast but
where did I point blame?

I will also say this, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision
again, that does not mean I am happy about the outcome, I am not. Anybody who
thinks I started that show just to quit is loony. I put money, sweat and a hell of a
lot of time into it.

At this point it is done, if I can find a way around the NC I will start streaming as
soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over. I did offer
to buy the studio gear so they would not have to come and remove it but they
declined.

When I do begin streaming it will be only me, no large company. If I made any
mistake that was it. I should have simply started streaming myself, for that I
do blame myself.

Art

Thanks Art...  8) You're the best!! :)

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:13:51 PM
don't frighten the young lad.  and thanks.

I'll be gentle, I promise.

Eddddiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee?     ;D

Falkie2013

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 23, 2013, 06:58:07 PM
Northern California, East of Sacramento is very conservative. There are some groups up there that want to secede from CA with Oregon to create their own state. I think Falkie already knows most of this, but the Bay Area is liberal but Northern California is not.

There is a perception that Northern California is liberal because so much of the attention focuses on SF/Oakland/Berkeley/SJ.

But with every Congressman or person from here to Tracy being liberal, what can one expect people to think ?
I do know that out in Tracy, Stockton, Modesto they're more Conservative with lots of concerns about land use and water rights. Also in some counties around and above Sacramento. I think the further you get away from Sacto, LA and SF the more you find people who are self reliant, farm or are ranchers and they tend to be Conservative and somewhat anti government because the BLM and EPA keep screwing with them on water issues.
I have a friend who had a small pond on his land in Nevada and he's fighting with the EPA because they declared his tiny pond a wetland and are keeping him from working on and developing his own land. The EPA is doing this kind of crap all over the West and did the same to one couple who took it to the Supreme Court as well, if I'm remembering correctly.
Nevada used to be Conservative as well but that has changed mostly because of the huge influx of illegal aliens who are allowed to vote illegally and who vote Democratic. Without that, Harry Reid would have been sent back to Searchlight.

I like to say to people that I'm a paleoconservative in the Bay Area treading water in a sea filled with liberal sharks.

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:15:33 PM
+1

ziznak

Ah man... we get pushed to the point of conceptualizing the Art Bell video game and then all THIS SHIT HAPPENS!

thanx for the update Art and MV!   

really hope the gabcast can continue forward.

b_dubb

Art,
If you haven't noticed lately us BellGabbers (or BG'ers) are kind of mental.  We read what you post and then extrapolate.  Then extrapolate on the extrapolations.  And then speculate about what wasn't said and extrapolate ... well you get the idea.  Some of us think this is bad form.  And some of us have turned it into a full time obesssion.  Notice I didn't say job.  Regardless I hope things work out for you.  You had your reasons for what you did.  And between you and me and the rest of the Intertubez i was never that impressed with Sirius XM.  The iPhone app was badly designed and you had to login just to listen to the podcasts that you already downloaded.  Ridiculous. 

Here's a little family history.  My grandma listened to your show.  And my mom listened to your show.  They have both passed on.  So being able to listen to you work your radio magic again - if only for 6 weeks - was a real treat and a blessing. I hope that the Sirius 'break up' hasn't caused you too much grief. Also I hope the family history didn't make you feel old.

Blessings to you and your family,

b_dubb

munbeam666

Hi again,

Well I read through the letter I posted and just can not find where I laid blame
choice of Coast after I had left, I did comment on what I thought about Coast but
where did I point blame?

I will also say this, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision
thinks I started that show just to quit is loony. I put money, sweat and a hell of a
lot of time into it.

At this point it is done, if I can find a way around the NC I will start streaming as
soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over. I did offer
declined.

do blame myself.

Art
Art
Thanks for the update. We all hope that you can get around this NC mess.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.

I would love to co-host, fwiw.  If eddie dean chooses to decline, that's ok.  Just wanted to put it out there.   8)

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

- Arts best post here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 07:25:27 PM
I would love to co-host, fwiw.  If eddie dean chooses to decline, that's ok.  Just wanted to put it out there.   8)

you should PM him.

Heather Wade

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

We learn as we go, Art, and I will never hold that against you.  All I wish for now is that you enjoy the hell out of the remaining holiday season with your family.  Hugs, 51's, 73's, 10-4, stay cool, nobody's perfect but hey, you're still a great talk show host.

Surmo

As to DarK PenguiN's game, while theoretically it sounds pretty funny, speaking legally he would need the cooperation of the people involved, i.e. Art Bell and George Noory.  I think that will be pretty hard to obtain.

But musing about it hypothetically is great fun.  I like the "Pizza roll" special weapon. And Noory could break into song as his special weapon, as that would be sure to clear any room!

RoseGirl

I really don't see Art as having made any mistakes. These Sirius type folks....I mean, geez....I wouldn't want to be wading into their little kingdom. They are not to be trusted and they are ruthless.

Art stood his ground with them....that was the right thing to do.

Danger!UFO

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

You'll be in charge, Art. One or two days a week. Five days days a week. Eight days a week. It doesn't matter. We'll be listening. You still have a very large legion of fans regardless of some of the posts you read here. I think you know that.

I remember when George took over Coast. I emailed Coast and told them I would gladly pay for a annual 'Ghost to Ghost' special on Halloween featuring Art Bell. Sort of a 'pay per view' thing but on internet/radio. Something. Anything. That show was never the same. I guess it never could be the same.

Subscription fee. I would eliminate other entertainment costs to support the Dark Matter stream if I needed to.

Thanks for staying in touch, Art. We'll be here waiting and checking your website for updates. If my work schedule permits I'll stream the spec sheet LIVE. If not I'll download the podcast. Will the Dark Matter network offer downloads of recent shows? I guess that is a possibility later on when you return? I hope so.

Take care and I hope you can get out of the NC sooner than later.

And please keep your same bumper music! It was always a cool part of the show for me. Memories are good to have!

Textor

Quote from: Surmo on November 23, 2013, 07:33:32 PM
As to DarK PenguiN's game, while theoretically it sounds pretty funny, speaking legally he would need the cooperation of the people involved, i.e. Art Bell and George Noory.  I think that will be pretty hard to obtain.

But musing about it hypothetically is great fun.  I like the "Pizza roll" special weapon. And Noory could break into song as his special weapon, as that would be sure to clear any room!

I thought that because they were public figures and the game would be considered satire, they would not need to grant permission to use their likenesses?

soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over.

Thanks for clearing up this detail Art. It was a little ambiguous after your last post. I hope it is sooner rather than later but it is what it is.

ACE of CLUBS

Art Bell ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . I just don't care anymore.  A tired old man whose day has come and gone.
George Noory ? . . . . . . . . Has morphed 'what was' into 'who cares' .... A boring host glossing over now uninteresting material.
Sad about the outcome of night-time radio ? . . . . . No, not anymore.

Time to turn the page and move on . . . . . . . . good bye all
The Macarena Man

sherry440

Quote from: b_dubb on November 23, 2013, 07:21:40 PM
Art,
If you haven't noticed lately us BellGabbers (or BG'ers) are kind of mental.  We read what you post and then extrapolate.  Then extrapolate on the extrapolations.  And then speculate about what wasn't said and extrapolate ... well you get the idea.  Some of us think this is bad form.  And some of us have turned it into a full time obesssion.  Notice I didn't say job. 

Well, I don't know about Art, but it certainly made me feel old, however you summed up this forum pretty well, so I'll grant you that!
Thanks for the help, Mind Flayer. I never notice the small print. Not geeky, to my detriment. As to video game?? Son writes film &'game music...
Congrats to Michael and delighted it'll be on the site Yay! That's a win! Now what's all this about Eddie & CoastGab? ( more that I'm missing...)

I hope Keith puts the ParaCast on the network if they are willing
http://www.theparacast.com/

sherry440

Leave it to a lawyer to spoil all the fun. I'm married to one. While technically correct, that's only if they sue you! Let'em! What are the damages?  Everybody knows that Snoorge is an idiot, so that's not news.

Textor

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 23, 2013, 07:48:04 PM
I hope Keith puts the ParaCast on the network if they are willing
http://www.theparacast.com/

Did you email the suggestion to him?

Snowdoggie

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment...

I have a stupid question. What kind of equipment does it take to do something like that? I actually worked in radio back in the 1980s. A long, long time ago.

DarKPenguiN

\
LOL. I care little about the legality and can get it easily into the public's hands in an anonymous fashion. IF they wanted to hunt me down it would a) be very difficult and costly and probably unsuccessful to boot AND b) it would already be out in the public domain anyhow.

When making a parody for no financial gain whatsoever based on Public people- I think its okay. Art bell and george Noory are people not IPs- But regardless, that worries me very little since I will be pillaging some of my graphics from old games anyhow.

TL;DR- I really could care less about the legality for making a parody game involving celebrities.

Quote from: Textor on November 23, 2013, 07:50:23 PM
Did you email the suggestion to him?

Yep, I emailed them both. I emailed Keith and the paracast.
Knapp and a lot of other good people have been on that podcast. heads and tails better than c2c.

Textor

Quote from: Snowdoggie on November 23, 2013, 07:53:30 PM
I have a stupid question. What kind of equipment does it take to do something like that? I actually worked in radio back in the 1980s. A long, long time ago.

In reality? A mic and the proper software/website.

If you want something a bit more advanced, you can scale up from there, really.

RoseGirl

Okay...okay...I will fess up. I received a very nice email from Keith yesterday asking me to appear on Art's new network. But I can't say anymore....so don't ask me. lol