• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: MikeJ on November 23, 2013, 03:14:53 PM
Based on the past 25 pages or so, I can only conclude there is nothing new to report on Art, aside from his own rather odd post casting blame in every direction.  In any event, would it be too much to ask that people move their personal issues/financial issues/political hypotheses, etc. to some other forum?  While some of the posts are amusing or interesting, most are very dull and make for tedious scrolling. All of this "noise" makes it difficult for those of us who log on here to find information about Art (if there are any of us left) to actually find any.

Noted.  I'll knock it off.  Was just looking for a laugh this morning.   :-[   :D

grano salis

Quote from: MikeJ on November 23, 2013, 03:14:53 PM
Based on the past 25 pages or so, I can only conclude there is nothing new to report on Art, aside from his own rather odd post casting blame in every direction.  In any event, would it be too much to ask that people move their personal issues/financial issues/political hypotheses, etc. to some other forum?  While some of the posts are amusing or interesting, most are very dull and make for tedious scrolling. All of this "noise" makes it difficult for those of us who log on here to find information about Art (if there are any of us left) to actually find any.

I think that the digressions which apparently offend or bother you are  precisely because there is so little "information about Art".  It doesn't bother me at all if folks using this forum interpret Art's posts or anyone else's in any way they see fit.  I like the personal information actually, even yours...

If there is any news on Art, you can find it in one of a few ways.  There is a 'Memberlist' link at the top of every page, and Art is right there on the very first page of the list.  So you can see for yourself very easily if he has posted anything.  Otherwise you can check ArtBell.com, as well as Art's Facebook. 

This is just people talking on a message board, shocking I know.  But it's kind of become a community general.

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 03:23:13 PM
Noted.  I'll knock it off.  Was just looking for a laugh this morning.   :-[   :D

Hey, Red, you have nothing to knock off. Last time anyone checked, mv was still the moderator of this website.

Meanandnasty

Here is an approach I have not read commented on.  If both parties rescinded the contract.  Then, it is not performable.  It could be presented that the non-compete, looking at the contract as a whole, is part of that contract and cannot stand on its own.  Therefore, the non-compete as a portion of the contract is likewise null and void. 

Explaining, Mr. Bell, would not have entered into the non-compete with Sirius just to have a good day.  No, he did it as part of the contract they negotiated or agreed to.  The non-compete, just as a paragraph in the contract, cannot be severed and must be read with the contract that both parties breached.  Both parties are thus right back where they started from.  Right Maxine?

Textor

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 23, 2013, 03:31:29 PM
Here is an approach I have not read commented on.  If both parties rescinded the contract.  Then, it is not performable.  It could be presented that the non-compete, looking at the contract as a whole, is part of that contract and cannot stand on its own.  Therefore, the non-compete as a portion of the contract is likewise null and void. 

Explaining, Mr. Bell, would not have entered into the non-compete with Sirius just to have a good day.  No, he did it as part of the contract they negotiated or agreed to.  The non-compete, just as a paragraph in the contract, cannot be severed and must be read with the contract that both parties breached.  Both parties are thus right back where they started from.  Right Maxine?

The contract contained a 30 day out clause, and the notification requirement was waived. The contract was not rendered void by this action, so the non-compete will still be in effect because the contract is still valid.

munbeam666

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 23, 2013, 03:22:14 PM
Mr. Noory should be invited to opening day ceremonies if that is the name change.  Pizza rolls and turkey sandwiches served by troll volunteers.
Also, background music sung by a bad Elvis impersonator

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 23, 2013, 03:31:29 PM

In addition to what Textor said, we don't know if the non-compete was a clause in the general employee contract or a separate agreement. From what we've been told, Art is the only one who was in breach of contract by leaving without giving thirty days notice, but Sirius/XM waived it and said, "Sayonora." Art doesn't have a leg to stand on.       

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Textor on November 23, 2013, 03:35:44 PM
The contract contained a 30 day out clause, and the notification requirement was waived. The contract was not rendered void by this action, so the non-compete will still be in effect because the contract is still valid.

However, even with notification waived, Mr. Bell, because of impossibility of performance due to technical reasons, offered to keep performing the contract if he were allowed to stream the show.  As I have read it, Sirius said no.  With all of this in the background, Sirius was negotiating with Premiere and placed them in Mr. Bell's place.  It could be stated that Sirius did not negotiate in good faith with Mr. Bell once the contract was breached by their lack of performance.  No valid contract, and no valid non-compete.

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 23, 2013, 03:18:45 PM
Based on your registration date, Mike, you are very new here....so not quite sure what you are talking about when you say 'if there are any of us left'.

Just wondering.

He probably joined after Dark Matter crashed in order to find out what was going on, the weeks since then have been full of "trolls" just talking shit and abusing each other. Come on keep up.

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 23, 2013, 03:43:40 PM
However, even with notification waived, Mr. Bell, because of impossibility of performance due to technical reasons, offered to keep performing the contract if he were allowed to stream the show.  As I have read it, Sirius said no.  With all of this in the background, Sirius was negotiating with Premiere and placed them in Mr. Bell's place.  It could be stated that Sirius did not negotiate in good faith with Mr. Bell once the contract was breached by their lack of performance.  No valid contract, and no valid non-compete.

Come on, the Premiere deal is a separate beast entirely. It was known that C2C and other programs were going to be removed this year and there were negotiations months prior for drawing up a new one before Dark Matter was even on the air. You're really grasping at straws here. I understand that people would like to point fingers because Coast is now on Indie 104, but it didn't replace Art's show and seems to be a decision to have a paranormal block of programming than some petty personal vendetta. 

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 23, 2013, 03:18:45 PM
Based on your registration date, Mike, you are very new here....so not quite sure what you are talking about when you say 'if there are any of us left'.

Just wondering.

MikeJ joined one year and two weeks before you. I hope that clears it up.

I think we're overdue for some kind of commentary from King George.  Cue a special guest appearance in 3...2...1...

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 23, 2013, 03:59:50 PM

Snap. I just saw that. o_o

Ha, 2012, I missed that, sorry MikeJ. :D

Heather Wade

Quote from: lonevoice on November 23, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

As they say out here in hickville, "It's all over but the cryin'."  I didn't want to believe it, don't like it, and yet it is.  My vote is for focusing on the Dark Matter Network going forward.

WR104

Yeah, but at least we still have this to keep us warm.......

646   days
15512   hours
930759   minutes
55845589   seconds
until Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM (Las Vegas time)

It is 646 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes, 49 seconds

until Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM (Las Vegas time)

Heather Wade

Damn, I need to stop posting on this thread, but I think I would be cool for Art to come back on at precisely Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 12:01:00 AM (Las Vegas time) when he does come back.

lonevoice

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
As they say out here in hickville, "It's all over but the cryin'."  I didn't want to believe it, don't like it, and yet it is.  My vote is for focusing on the Dark Matter Network going forward.

Instead of lots of people repeating the same speculation and debates that have already been posted hundreds of times on this thread, they could just start posting by referencing previous posts that make the same point.  Like this:

It would be kind of funny, at least to me. 

munbeam666

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 04:30:21 PM
Damn, I need to stop posting on this thread, but I think I would be cool for Art to come back on at precisely Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 12:01:00 AM (Las Vegas time) when he does come back.
According to Commander FortRock, leader of the Scorpion Army, Art Bell will return on December 2nd broadcasting from an Indian reservation, and probably transported to that site by flying disks flown by Commander FortRock's pilots

MikeJ

Thank you. 

MikeJ

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 23, 2013, 03:27:15 PM
If there is any news on Art, you can find it in one of a few ways.  There is a 'Memberlist' link at the top of every page, and Art is right there on the very first page of the list.  So you can see for yourself very easily if he has posted anything. 

Perfect, that will save me a ton of time.  Thanks!

Quote from: MikeJ on November 23, 2013, 04:48:49 PM
Perfect, that will save me a ton of time.  Thanks!

No problem, that's how I was keeping up with it myself when he was still posting.

sherry440

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 04:34:37 PM
#15582   8)

....but is there a quick way to find that post besides endless scrolling?
Thank God the cat fight ended or got blocked or something.
In the absence of Art news, I , for one don't mind personal posts from you IT geniuses! And your photos, uploads, et al. Particularly wonderful Falkie can gripe anytime he wants to about the annoyance of his wrecked Prius, unless of course he was still sporting Obama Biden bumper stickers and those awful CoExist ones that all of the Prius's have here.

sherry440

Come to think of it, maybe we should take up a collection and buy some Coexist stickers for the chicks with alien avatars?

Surmo

You don't know Falkie if you think he might have had an Obama/Biden bumer sticker on his Prius!