• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:06:29 PM

Got the photos of the damage to our car.  Makes me sick to my stomach. One minute the car was effectively looking like it came from the showroom inside and out, the next ...
Ouch...got the old T-bone....u sure the gf isn't hurt? ;)
U get the plate number...I'd the other driver?

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 22, 2013, 06:52:18 PM
The motive behind Free Art Bell was to have Sirius/XM release him from his NC. After the rush of posts on their Facebook page and private discussion with Art, they still said no. It wouldn't do any good to bombard them further.

At this point it's really more like a 'FUCK YOU' than anything.  Still, that has merit. 

Falkie2013

Some of us either can't work or are retired.

I've never understood this elitist attitude that says :

" I go to work and anyone who doesn't is scum ! "

I guess to guys like Dark Penguin, if you're old and receive Social Security benefits, you're scum too.

I post on here because its fun, it gives me something to do and after listening to 4 hours of Noory, it gives me somewhere to vent and detox from his idiocy.

But I'd still pay to hear Art Bell any day of the week and I wouldn't give only " 15 cents a day " to listen to Noory.

Note that he changed the spiel from " pennies a day " possibly after I've made such fun of it in my videos. I know he watches them.

And for what it's worth, and especially to the $noorge, I cleaned up more of my living room by myself last night while watching more of those monsters across  America shows. More tonight before I post my latest videos. If it hadn't been for the accident, I'd have gotten a lot more done.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 22, 2013, 06:53:22 PM
::)
Hmmmm...What have I been mistaken about.

I said Art was not oing to fight the NC (even when he said he was...)

I said Art was going to wait a short time and come in here and say "Sorry guys I cannot get out of the NC"

I said Art Bell only started the show to get back against C2C and NOT for his Fans (I took alot of heat about that.) and now he admits that very thing in his whine letter to Sirius.

I knew from the start everything which was going to transpire and stated such, argued about it etc... Its because it was clear to an objective person what was going on . What was I wrong about here?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: MV on November 22, 2013, 06:20:33 PM
i haaaate people who commit suicide and decide to involve others in their departure from this world.  to the jumper, i'd say, "good riddance, dumbass."
Agreed !
Btw...nice 'doo bro.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:56:50 PM

Some of us either can't work or are retired.

I've never understood this elitist attitude that says :

" I go to work and anyone who doesn't is scum ! "

I guess to guys like Dark Penguin, if you're old and receive Social Security benefits, you're scum too.

I post on here because its fun, it gives me something to do and after listening to 4 hours of Noory, it gives me somewhere to vent and detox from his idiocy.

But I'd still pay to hear Art Bell any day of the week and I wouldn't give only " 15 cents a day " to listen to Noory.

Note that he changed the spiel from " pennies a day " possibly after I've made such fun of it in my videos. I know he watches them.

And for what it's worth, and especially to the $noorge, I cleaned up more of my living room by myself last night while watching more of those monsters across  America shows. More tonight before I post my latest videos. If it hadn't been for the accident, I'd have gotten a lot more done.

No. No. No.

Dude, that wasnt at ALL what I was saying.

I am a pretty liberal guy and support Social Security and helping people who cannot find work (especially in this economy) and I am generally on the side of people rather than corporations .

No. That wasnt a dig against you guys- That was about Art signing the contract and not fulfilling it. My "Work" comments pertain to Art Bell (not you guys or anyone else)

Can't we argue about something that matters, like whether or not Toto sucks?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
My gf got furious when people said :

" I'm glad you're ok. "

She said "They can fix me, but no one ever seems to care about the car that just got killed in these things. "

She had back spasms and is ok, but having this car get wiped out in seconds is going to take a long time to get over being upset. She handles stress differently than I do.

I am mad that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, we now can't go out and look at lights and things like we do every year when we've had a car and now have to go look for another car ... again. I did the legwork on that for months. I'm NOT looking forward to doing it again, unless I get lucky and find one right away.
I liked this car and so did my girlfriend, damnit & still feel outrage over some uncaring and stupid woman who took it from us.

More damage below & a comparison shot.

And now both of us get to take the bus everywhere and walk in the rain and cold. Fun, fun, fun, NOT !!!

It takes 80 minutes minimum here to take the bus and go into a store and shop and go back. Usually when I go to Walmart, Food Maxx, Safeway or anywhere else its at least 3 hours out of my life whereas going to the Safeway from here in a car is 15 minutes each way. The buses only run every 40 minutes to an hour here during the day & on the weekend every hour and 40 minutes. Compared to San Francisco or Oakland the bus system here sucks, but NEVER as much as George Noory Sucks.
The ins totaled that car!?  Couple new doors and a slap of bondo...and ur good to go!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 06:53:35 PM
Ouch...got the old T-bone....u sure the gf isn't hurt? ;)
U get the plate number...I'd the other driver?

Nope. I told the witness who saw it all to tell my gf to get the license plate # before anything else but she didn't get it. She was in shock over it.
I called the Concord police today and left a message and am hoping they can hook up with mall security and this woman's car will be on their security videos which are all over the OUTSIDE of the mall as well. My gf wrenched her back which had already been hurt falling off a stool but is otherwise ok for now. But then who knows, we got hit in the rear a couple of years ago and my neck hurt for months afterwards.
There are a lot of crappy drivers out there. Sometimes when I think about it consiciously it scares the hell out of me. I've seen some horrendous accidents over the years including ones with decapitations. Not to make light of someone dying or anything but if I'd had a video camera years ago and You Tube had been around I'd probably be a millionaire.

One of my favorite " accidents " was when we were driving back from Tracy and saw a double gasoline tanker glowing in the darkness like a huge orange Twinkie. It burned up the asphalt in the first lane and the shoulder and had no flames coming off of it when we saw it. Just this glowing orange that could be seen for miles. The driver got slightly burned and they had to replace both the far right lane and the shoulder as they both got burned down to the level of the dirt. Even the dirt was affected as I found out later.

Not " my " accident but one that should give you the idea of what one of these fires looks like.
This is why I now carry my video camera with me all the time. You never know what you might see and what might wind up going viral these days. I've seen lots of car fires and even had a truck pull into my Shell station one night and catch fire and while it was on fire it kept trying to restart the engine. It was weird to watch the thing being on fire and the engine trying to start over and over and over. Truck was totalled. I had called the FD and they put the fire out. I was worried the fire would reach the gas tanks. I once saw a whole gas station blow up when someone drove off, left the nozzle in her car, gas spewed out and the static electricity caused the pumps to go 150 feet up and while everyone was running away, including the attendants, the whole station blew up. This was in Castro Valley about 40 years ago while I was standing waiting for a bus. They later rebuilt the station on the same site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszkjYc1GpE

TequilaMB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 22, 2013, 07:00:01 PM
Can't we argue about something that matters, like whether or not Toto sucks?

Yes, we can! Toto sucks.

Is that Trevor?

Oni

Art made his bed and we all must lay in it.  Art will never be on syndicated Radio again after this last stunt

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 07:05:00 PM
Nope. I told the witness who saw it all to tell my gf to get the license plate # before anything else but she didn't get it. She was in shock over it.
I called the Concord police today and left a message and am hoping they can hook up with mall security and this woman's car will be on their security videos which are all over the OUTSIDE of the mall as well. My gf wrenched her back which had already been hurt falling off a stool but is otherwise ok for now. But then who knows, we got hit in the rear a couple of years ago and mybut neck hurt for months afterwards.
There are a lot of crappy drivers out there. Sometimes when I think about it consiciously it scares the hell out of me. I've seen some horrendous accidents over the years including ones with decapitations. Not to make light of someone dying or anything but if I'd had a video camera years ago and You Tube had been around I'd probably be a millionaire.

One of my favorite " accidents " was when we were driving back from Tracy and saw a double gasoline tanker glowing in the darkness like a huge orange Twinkie. It burned up the asphalt in the first lane and the shoulder and had no flames coming off of it when we saw it. Just this glowing orange that could be seen for miles. The driver got slightly burned and they had to replace both the far right lane and the shoulder as they both got burned down to the level of the dirt. Even the dirt was affected as I found out later.
I have seen some really fucked up wrecks and none are my "favorite" sorry bro.  When u seen an entire family 3 generations (and one dies in your lap on the way to the hospital) wiped out by one loser drunk...well I can't see putting that on ut to make money. Have to firmly disagree with you on this my friend.

Maybe we should be starting a BellGab crew for GTA Online.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jerry on November 22, 2013, 07:26:53 PM
What is GTA?

Grand Theft Artist.

Which is what Noory has been doing for 10 years in getting paid for being a non-performance artist because he's been underperforming and doing it badly for all that time.

But GTA, is short for the game name Grand Theft Auto.

I thought everyone knew that.

Hmm, photoshopped GTA pics with AB in them ?

Or the old game where you ran down pedestrians with your car to get points and AB is the driver while Noory is ALL the pedestrians running in terror. ?

Falkie2013

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 07:14:53 PM
I have seen some really fucked up wrecks and none are my "favorite" sorry bro.  When u seen an entire family 3 generations (and one dies in your lap on the way to the hospital) wiped out by one loser drunk...well I can't see putting that on ut to make money. Have to firmly disagree with you on this my friend.

I was doing that on the quick and I apologize for it.
I probably would not definitely monetize them and it might be against YT's rules to do so anyway. But ... I have actually seen videos on tv programs where they actually show people being killed and decapitated by car accidents, bull goring, explosions, etc.
so someone is doing it.

I've also seen accidents where there was a fatality involved only about 2 months ago.
My nephew once killed someone when he had to avoid getting hit by a semi and had no cohoice but to veer off the road, went into a skid and hit another car. He was injured for life with severe head and brain damage and multiple surgeries to get all the metal out of his brain, had to go to trial and the like. The semi had lost its brakes and cut right in front of him and would have killed him & his 2 passengers if he hadn't.

I feel for anyone who dies in any accident.

But even accident footage on YT probably goes viral. Hell, people slow down to watch a guy change a tire.

jerry

Sounds like I should have asked one of my kids... They would have known that... I am 100% out of touch on games.... never went that direction.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 07:14:53 PM

No one got hurt in the tanker truck fire. There are weird accidents out there like the time we were on the Dan Ryan Expressway and saw 8 garbage trucks tip over on their sides like dominos because one went out of control, tipped over, hit the next one and so on. It was an incredible thing to watch.
I have also had friends die in car crashes and one of my friend's had his motorcyle hit,  spent a year in the hospital and died later due to his injuries coming back to kill him later.

You're not going to make a dime off of YouTube unless you're in a class of people that have a huge number of subscribers, channels that consistently release new content that doesn't break their terms of use. Entertaining the idea of making money off of death is disgusting, Falkie, no matter how desperate your financial situation is. Even bringing it up makes me question what kind of a person you are.   

Falkie2013

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 22, 2013, 07:45:01 PM
You're not going to make a dime off of YouTube unless you're in a class of people that have a huge number of subscribers, channels that consistently release new content that doesn't break their terms of use. Entertaining the idea of making money off of death is disgusting, Falkie, no matter how desperate your financial situation is. Even bringing it up makes me question what kind of a person you are.   

I was not saying that as something I was going to do but what I MEANT was IF i were to do it, it would go viral. I MEANT it as a hypothetical situation, not as something I would actually do.

People are doing it on You Tube. If you don't believe me, just watch when you type in fatal car crashes like the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6u2b9lbtA

People also sell their videos to tv stations for pay. It happens.

And I am not that desperate in the long run, just now with the latest disaster.

I have been a witness in auto accidents which I saw first hand and which no one was hurt yet the cars involved were totalled. I've also appeared in court as a witness in cases I saw while either driving, being a passenger on a bus when someone was hit by the bus ( or a car that cut in front of the bus and got hit ) or while walking.

I carry the camera because one never knows what one would see out there. Statistically nothing might ever happen while driving or walking but of late I have seen more and more auto accidents out there.

I guess its immoral for news organizations to show graphic videos of crime scenes or newspapers that do it as well ?

They get paid to show that.

And, I don't know how to tell you this but if you monetize your videos, You Tube starts paying you once a video gets 1000 views AND when you get 8-9000 subscribers as well.

If I see a fire or accident, I'm going to call an ambulance or the FD or PD first then take a video if for no other reason than to document it for the police, fd, or insurance companies.

I took one on Bart and called the cops because a woman was disoriented and kept passing out and I wanted to make sure she got off at her stop and called BART police and showed them the video so they'd know what she looked like. I went up, called the agent and he called the police. They found her and found out she was having a bad reaction to medication. That was about 2 months ago late one night when I was returning from SF. They thanked me for doing so.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 07:37:00 PM
I was doing that on the quick and I apologize for it.
I probably would not definitely monetize them and it might be against YT's rules to do so anyway. But ... I have actually seen videos on tv programs where they actually show people being killed and decapitated by car accidents, bull goring, explosions, etc.
so someone is doing it.

I've also seen accidents where there was a fatality involved only about 2 months ago.
My nephew once killed someone when he had to avoid getting hit by a semi and had no cohoice but to veer off the road, went into a skid and hit another car. He was injured for life with severe head and brain damage and multiple surgeries to get all the metal out of his brain, had to go to trial and the like. The semi had lost its brakes and cut right in front of him and would have killed him & his 2 passengers if he hadn't.

I feel for anyone who dies in any accident.

But even accident footage on YT probably goes viral. Hell, people slow down to watch a guy change a tire.

And then get plowed from behind.

Take a breather Six, I don't think he's advocating monetizing human death and suffering, simply stating that people are creatures of curiosity and habit, we as a species naturally gawk at such things.  It happens.  If you have any doubts about him, rewind a few dozen pages and watch him hug, cuddle, pet, and kiss a precious little kitty cat.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 07:58:45 PM
I guess its immoral for news organizations to show graphic videos of crime scenes or newspapers that do it as well ?

They get paid to show that.

You're as much of a reporter as Sarah Brestlin. 

Textor

His phrasing was awkward, but I took away that he would not monetize the videos.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Textor on November 22, 2013, 08:02:21 PM
His phrasing was awkward, but I took away that he would not monetize the videos.

I probably would not show a video of someone with his head cut off but I've seen pictures of same and videos of that sort of thing.
Go look at any book on the Mafia in America and you'll see pictures of mob bosses and hoods lying there with blood all over the place.
There are numerous photos of Bugsy Siegel lying dead on his couch with his eyes blown out by a shotgun too.
What I meant to say that if I did do that for solely monetary gain it probably would go viral.

We were getting out of our last car in Concord across from the Brendan theater and saw 2 Concord PD cars with sirens and lights going run into each other, an ambulance with its lights and siren going and a civilian's car as well. That was last summer. ALL of the people walking immediately took out their cell phones and started taking pictures. I'm certain that if someone had a video camera to record 4 cars being hit at once, they would have recorded it.
Cameras and cell phones with cameras all almost everywhere.
Except when OUR car got hit.
>:(

Now if I'm in LA or St. Louis and I see Noory running screaming down the street with his mustache on fire, all bets are off.
I'm positng it.
And getting out the marshmellows.

;) ;D

I probably wouldn't but the temptation would be incredible to do so. I'm sure some paparazzi would.

And I think someone did put pictures of Noory on after he fell down in a mud puddle if I recall correctly.

Amatuers used to sell their 8mm and 16 mm footage to newsreel companies years ago too.

http://www.videouniversity.com/videou-how-tos/selling-video-footage-to-news-agencies/

http://www.videouniversity.com/video-growing-as-print-newspapers-decline/

IF I were out in the Midwest or elsewhere and saw a tornado or there were an earthquake nearby, I'd put it on You Tube or sell the footage as below or both.

The story below is why I carry around my video camera. Not to make light of misfortune of others but to record the event for posterity.

The apartment and restaurant in the story are across from my bank and the local downtown Starbucks as well as another bank.

I walk down there every day during the week and often on weekends as well.

If I'd been there to see the fire, I would have taken pictures and video of it.

http://martinezgazette.com/apartment-fire-forces-closure-of-historic-cafe/

After a question about selling footage of tornadoes to news stations.

ggsmommy: 3 years ago

The going rate to sell videos of Tornadoes to a news media can depend on the clarity and footage of a Tornado, some news agencies will not pay for footage. You can try to sell you video to a Storm Chasing Video Company like Weatherstock. They provide footage to news outlets for as little as $69.99, but it is Royalty Free, which means there are no ongoing Royalties paid for each time it is shown. You can also contact you local news stations and see if they are interested in your footage.

http://www.weatherstock.com/

wontyoubemynaber: 3 years ago

There is really no set rate for selling tornado videos to the media. But, if you should capture a video and are the first person to offer it to the media then you can expect to make about $400 for national media, $100 for local media, and you may be able to sell copies locally (to interested persons) for about $50. If you aren't the first person to offer the video - unless it is truly spectacular - then you will most likely make less.

http://www.unitedstatespressagency.com/en/

With the people I've known in the city for years, I could get press accreditation any time I choose. I still know some local reporters.

I am looking into taking free online courses in journalism and could take ones at the local college on line as well.

And one can get accrediated if one works at it. Small newspapers allow unpaid stringers to get press accrecdidation in exchange for photos or stories as an example.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 06:22:27 PM
Are you on the Noory Sucks thread proclaiming the same wisdom?

Arts an asshole, dude. A great broadcaster but a total asshole. Art had to even take parting shots of noory on this thread.

Sorry to rain on your Parade but that is my opinion and it is certainly as valid as an "Art Bell" circle jerk of "Noory is evil and this is a conspiracy".....

What for? As far as I'm concerned Noory is a wanker.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 22, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Maybe we should be starting a BellGab crew for GTA Online.
.   I haven't gamed sincere last winter.. What's GTa5 like? (Memories of Vice City)

Snowdoggie

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 04:25:03 PM
liberty didn't  own the Co when they merged. When did they file ch 11?
XM was a far superior product. Sirius was in trouble, why xm choose to "merger of equals" which turned out to be a take over by the weaker company we'll never know. I think the guy Art maybe referring to is Tim Sabean who took over the channel content and was a longtime long ago flunky of howard.

Sirius never filed bankruptcy but they were prepared to if the merger didn't go through. The National Association of Broadcasters opposed the merger representing terrestrial radio stations. Now Premiere comes along and sells
Coast to Coast to Sirius/XM after they sold the same program to terrestrial stations all over the country. If I was running a local AM affiliate I would be rather pissed. You can get the same program on satellite at the same time in the same market with a better signal, and WITHOUT the local commercials. I don't know what kind of contracts they have but I'm surprised those local AM stations aren't screaming about this.

delanee

Quote from: HMC on November 21, 2013, 06:29:59 PM
BTW, I don't know if you will, but I hope you continue with the idea of a Art Bell streaming network. I know you can't host right now, but I'd totally support any shows on it.
What a great idea.  I'm in.