• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Falkie2013

Got the photos of the damage to our car.  Makes me sick to my stomach. One minute the car was effectively looking like it came from the showroom inside and out, the next ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

The show I watched was called something like Monsters Across America. They went out to Portland ( and talked about spirit wolves seen under the streets ), Montana & their version of Nessie and other places. No making fun of the witnesses but not much science either. It was mostly people and their experiences.
I also watched some show which was doing a UFO unreleased files sort of show with multiple episodes. They went out and did some investigation of things too.
I'm sorry I didn't get the names of the programs. I had trouble sleeping and when one show was over I either stayed on the channel or went to the other one.
But ... there's an explosion of paranormal shows all over the place today and while one can't prove it was because of Art Bell, I am sure he influenced the genre because many of his guests were on these shows. And thankfully not once did they choose to have the hair guy on, thank goodness.

If you haven't watched "Mountain Mosters", you don't know what you are missing.  Think "Deliverance" with monsters.  Bunch of armed hillibillies running around WV and KY with a master plan to trap the monster de jour in an elaborate trap that would make Wiley Coyote envious.  Amazingly, they just miss capturing whatever it is every episode. 

I have this vision of LMH going to Turnip Horrow, WV to do an investigation with these guys.  Just imagine hearing Buck, the fattest and dumbest of the lot, tellling Linda, "SQUEAL LIKE THE MANPIG".

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 06:02:32 PM
A few points...

Yes, Sirius said "No." and Art didnt. (I know this) but that is because that is esentially giving Art the right to not uphold HIS end of the contract (he agreed to) UNLESS Sirius goes above and beyond what they agreed to. You CANNOT do this. You cannot make these demands and then quit if they are not met. YOU have a contract to "SHOW UP " and you cannot now hold that over someones head as a negotiating tool for getting a better deal.

-Art gave it 6 WEEKS. That isnt even the probationary period at most jobs (its generally 90 days) . There is no way he could know anything about what is possible regarding "growing his base" after 6 weeks.

What happened is obvious .

Art thought the seas would part and he would be giving C2C a huge black eye.

Art knew the numbers.

Art saw he was no threat for C2C and he quit. because THAT was his goal.

Art took MANY people for a ride who "Invested" in him via subscription and Radios. This was an Ego War which Art saw he would lose- So he picked up all his Toys adnd stormed out.

Art is NOT coming back. A Podcast will never satiate his ego nor give him the desired "revenge" he feels he needs. IF he does make a Podcast he will quit withing 3 months for [Insert reason that is beyond Arts control]

You have a really skewed way of looking at things.  Art didn't give the show six weeks.  He gave Sirius six weeks to show some dedication to their services and content.  He has told us time and time again that this was a constant conversation from the very first week.  When Sirius denied a sensible solution to the problem, Art divested himself.  I think in a certain light, Sirius did not hold up their end of the contract, failing to deliver the content in a stable and effective way, and also flaking out on their original streaming promises to Art.

Anything involving Art's grudge against Premiere, Coast, and Jorch in this is pure speculation.  I'm not willing to trash a good man's character and reputation here undeservedly.  From what I can tell, Art's actions were from a place of integrity.  But I think it was a hard decision and hard situation, and Art probably hasn't been in the greatest spirits since.  When we feel bad, as humans, we have a tendency to lash out adjacently to other things we feel have wronged us.  I can't blame Art for that, and Coast taking the time-slot on 104 was a low blow by both Sirius and Premiere.  I can't say I wouldn't feel put down in that situation.

Edit:  I also want to say for the record, I wish Art had stayed on despite the issues.  I wish he had negotiated legally when he was still an active content provider, rather than a huge PR embarrassment.  There were definitely missteps.

Falkie2013

I'll be going over there on Monday to take videos and pictures of the car on my own and posting them on a new blog and on You Tube as well. I want to try to find the woman who hit our car now more than ever.

Comparison shot of other side of car and one with more damage.

I haven't had a chance to comment on this yet so..here goes.

I love Art, I always have. It really pissed me off that he had to quit the show but I also realize his gripes with the company were well-founded. He's a true radio man, and he wasn't going to take some bullshit second rate crap.

And that's about all I got.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:12:51 PM
I'll be going over there on Monday to take videos and pictures of the car on my own and posting them on a new blog and on You Tube as well. I want to try to find the woman who hit our car now more than ever.

Comparison shot of other side of car and one with more damage.

I'm just glad that there were no serious injuries.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: TheManWhoFellToEarth on November 22, 2013, 06:10:59 PM
You have a really skewed way of looking at things.  Art didn't give the show six weeks.  He gave Sirius six weeks to show some dedication to their services and content.  He has told us time and time again that this was a constant conversation from the very first week.  When Sirius denied a sensible solution to the problem, Art divested himself.  I think in a certain light, Sirius did not hold up their end of the contract, failing to deliver the content in a stable and effective way, and also flaking out on their original streaming promises to Art.

Anything involving Art's grudge against Premiere, Coast, and Jorch in this is pure speculation.  I'm not willing to trash a good man's character and reputation here undeservedly.  From what I can tell, Art's actions were from a place of integrity.  But I think it was a hard decision and hard situation, and Art probably hasn't been in the greatest spirits since.  When we feel bad, as humans, we have a tendency to lash out adjacently to other things we feel have wronged us.  I can't blame Art for that, and Coast taking the time-slot on 104 was a low blow by both Sirius and Premiere.  I can't say I wouldn't feel put down in that situation.

Edit:  I also want to say for the record, I wish Art had stayed on despite the issues.  I wish he had negotiated legally when he was still an active content provider, rather than a huge PR embarrassment.  There were definitely missteps.

Too many points.

First. Art had no right to "give Sirius time to fix things or quit" since he was in a contract. That should have been stipulated if it were ever an issue before the contract was signed.

Second- I bought a Radio and it worked great. Streaming was a BONUS which had little to do with people who had Radios (for Sat Radio...) and ART never said anything about this being contingent on his staying or I would not have supported him with my $$$.

Third- Art admitted his reasons in an offhand way (reasd his email to Sirius he reprinted here) and its been obvious since the begin.

Fourth- Please dont let the Fanboyism blind you. Its pretty evident. I do not have the will or the time to go through all the reasons but they are all there, have been pointed out in this thread and are reserved for the Historical record about the "legacy of Art Bell" as this thread has it all- Art, Noory, Cultist, haters and reasonable people- But the truth is all in here (some between the lines) and History will validate this =P

EDI- Also, Noory comes out looking like a Gentlemen (based on this thread) ad Art as a butthurt child. Be objective and read the thread and you can have no other conclusion (regardless of your personal feelings...)

Who let all the negative Nancies in? It's one thing to be disappointed in the situation, but to continuously attack Art and his character is getting a bit old. Lay off the guy already.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 06:44:45 PM
A woman on the overpass in front of you parked her car on the overpass and jumped into traffic on the freeway... it says she was hit by at least two cars"...

i haaaate people who commit suicide and decide to involve others in their departure from this world.  to the jumper, i'd say, "good riddance, dumbass."

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 22, 2013, 06:19:05 PM
Who let all the negative Nancies in? It's one thing to be disappointed in the situation, but to continuously attack Art and his character is getting a bit old. Lay off the guy already.

Are you on the Noory Sucks thread proclaiming the same wisdom?

Arts an asshole, dude. A great broadcaster but a total asshole. Art had to even take parting shots of noory on this thread.

Sorry to rain on your Parade but that is my opinion and it is certainly as valid as an "Art Bell" circle jerk of "Noory is evil and this is a conspiracy".....

Falkie2013

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 22, 2013, 06:17:37 PM
I'm just glad that there were no serious injuries.

My gf got furious when people said :

" I'm glad you're ok. "

She said "They can fix me, but no one ever seems to care about the car that just got killed in these things. "

She had back spasms and is ok, but having this car get wiped out in seconds is going to take a long time to get over being upset. She handles stress differently than I do.

I am mad that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, we now can't go out and look at lights and things like we do every year when we've had a car and now have to go look for another car ... again. I did the legwork on that for months. I'm NOT looking forward to doing it again, unless I get lucky and find one right away.
I liked this car and so did my girlfriend, damnit & still feel outrage over some uncaring and stupid woman who took it from us.

More damage below & a comparison shot.

And now both of us get to take the bus everywhere and walk in the rain and cold. Fun, fun, fun, NOT !!!

It takes 80 minutes minimum here to take the bus and go into a store and shop and go back. Usually when I go to Walmart, Food Maxx, Safeway or anywhere else its at least 3 hours out of my life whereas going to the Safeway from here in a car is 15 minutes each way. The buses only run every 40 minutes to an hour here during the day & on the weekend every hour and 40 minutes. Compared to San Francisco or Oakland the bus system here sucks, but NEVER as much as George Noory Sucks.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 06:17:41 PM
Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see
you in less than two Years.

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
   you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
   so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
   is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
    streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
    heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
  commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
  wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head........

Jesus.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
My gf got furious when people said :

" I'm glad you're ok. "

She said "They can fix me, but no one ever seems to care about the car that just got killed in these things. "

She had back spasms and is ok, but having this car get wiped out in seconds is going to take a long time to get over being upset. She handles stress differently than I do.

I am mad that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, we now can't go out and look at lights and things like we do every year when we've had a car and now have to go look for another car ... again. I did the legwork on that for months. I'm NOT looking forward to doing it again, unless I get lucky and find one right away.
I liked this car, damnit & still feel outrage over some uncaring and stupid woman who took it from us.

Here's more of the damage.

I know how that is.  I wrapped a brand new car around a telephone pole 2 days before christmas a few years back.  Once I realized everyone was OK, I was pissed at seeing that otherwise perfect car all smacked up.  Luckily, I had a second car though.  Much older and not much more than a beater, but it did the job.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
Too many points.

First. Art had no right to "give Sirius time to fix things or quit" since he was in a contract. That should have been stipulated if it were ever an issue before the contract was signed.

Second- I bought a Radio and it worked great. Streaming was a BONUS which had little to do with people who had Radios (for Sat Radio...) and ART never said anything about this being contingent on his staying or I would not have supported him with my $$$.

Third- Art admitted his reasons in an offhand way (reasd his email to Sirius he reprinted here) and its been obvious since the begin.

Fourth- Please dont let the Fanboyism blind you. Its pretty evident. I do not have the will or the time to go through all the reasons but they are all there, have been pointed out in this thread and are reserved for the Historical record about the "legacy of Art Bell" as this thread has it all- Art, Noory, Cultist, haters and reasonable people- But the truth is all in here (some between the lines) and History will validate this =P

EDI- Also, Noory comes out looking like a Gentlemen (based on this thread) ad Art as a butthurt child. Be objective and read the thread and you can have no other conclusion (regardless of your personal feelings...)

I was under the impression I was being objective.  I've read the thread, I've been here from the beginning.  I've gone through the same stages of anger and sadness about this that everyone has.  I've read Art's statements and reviewed the situation countless times these past three weeks.  That is where my opinions on this come from.  Not from hatred, not from fanboyism.  I like Art, but I didn't like Art enough to buy a radio or pay for Sirius.  And Noory looks like a gentleman?  By having on a guest that accused Art of molestation and rape?  By telling his guests they couldn't be on both shows?  By changing his avatar here to a crown during the debacle?  By telling MV to remove the GNS thread?  By lying about his communications with and actions towards Art?  If that's what a gentleman is to you, you're more skewed than I thought.

I question every day whether or not Art has ulterior motives in this, whether he's being genuine or not.  I struggle with why he is so lax about fighting the NC.  It bothers me.  He made mistakes.  But I think Art at the end of the day is a genuine person, with biases and flaws like any other.  Doesn't make him evil, doesn't make this a conspiracy.  It just is what it is. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 08:00:52 PM
...I'm not holding my breath for two years. Ten years was enough. Life will have to go on without him.

nor should you, but when art's back, i'll be there.  i'm sure you will, too.  in the meantime, yes, life goes on.

urbie88

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 22, 2013, 06:10:28 PM
If you haven't watched "Mountain Mosters", you don't know what you are missing.  Think "Deliverance" with monsters.  Bunch of armed hillibillies running around WV and KY with a master plan to trap the monster de jour in an elaborate trap that would make Wiley Coyote envious.  Amazingly, they just miss capturing whatever it is every episode. 

I have this vision of LMH going to Turnip Horrow, WV to do an investigation with these guys.  Just imagine hearing Buck, the fattest and dumbest of the lot, tellling Linda, "SQUEAL LIKE THE MANPIG".

Great show! I especially love that real fat dude they always give the shotgun. These guys can't run 40 yards without being winded and they expect to catch Bigfoot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 22, 2013, 06:16:09 PM
I haven't had a chance to comment on this yet so..here goes.

I love Art, I always have. It really pissed me off that he had to quit the show but I also realize his gripes with the company were well-founded. He's a true radio man, and he wasn't going to take some bullshit second rate crap.

And that's about all I got.

sup, nigga.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: TheManWhoFellToEarth on November 22, 2013, 06:32:55 PM
I was under the impression I was being objective.  I've read the thread, I've been here from the beginning.  I've gone through the same stages of anger and sadness about this that everyone has.  I've read Art's statements and reviewed the situation countless times these past three weeks.  That is where my opinions on this come from.  Not from hatred, not from fanboyism.  I like Art, but I didn't like Art enough to buy a radio or pay for Sirius.  And Noory looks like a gentleman?  By having on a guest that accused Art of molestation and rape?  By telling his guests they couldn't be on both shows?  By changing his avatar here to a crown during the debacle?  By telling MV to remove the GNS thread?  By lying about his communications with and actions towards Art?  If that's what a gentleman is to you, you're more skewed than I thought.

I question every day whether or not Art has ulterior motives in this, whether he's being genuine or not.  I struggle with why he is so lax about fighting the NC.  It bothers me.  He made mistakes.  But I think Art at the end of the day is a genuine person, with biases and flaws like any other.  Doesn't make him evil, doesn't make this a conspiracy.  It just is what it is.

I am not saying Noory is a gentlemen- I said he looks like it based on this thread. This really is going to be historical. Not the entire site. Not the 1000 + page suck thread- THIS THREAD.

I did think Art was good enough to buy a radio for. Granted, I had the disposable cash and if it would have at all been a sacrifice I would not have felt it worthwhile. I do not feel Art is being truthful (nor has he been) and events have pretty much played out as I thought (and said) they would (minus the parting shots at Noory)

I am sad. Sad that Art was not who I had thought he was. Sad that Arts now gone for good (again, Speculation but History will prove one way or another-) but this was all Arts fault and responsibility right down to this latest childish email he posted.

Falkie2013

Quote from: urbie88 on November 22, 2013, 06:34:44 PM
Great show! I especially love that real fat dude they always give the shotgun. These guys can't run 40 yards without being winded and they expect to catch Bigfoot.

I am soooo sick of all these hillbilly shows they have on now.
I'm glad that sometimes there's something else to watch.
And tonight's video will be discussing ... naw, better to make you all wait in anticipation.
;D

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 03:41:49 PM
..It it IS all Arts fault and he takes ZERO responsibility for it and still uses this as a platform to shift blame and attack Noory.

If Art wouldnt have quit this whole domino effect could not have happened. he wasnt fired and replaced by C2C- He quit... So yeah. It all comes to his decision to quit after his fans put money up...After SIX SHORT WEEKS...For reasons which do not make sense.... And he has all but admitted this was "revenge" broadcasting . I didnt know I was being asked to fund a "war" with the "General" walking away in the first Month and a half- I thought I was being asked to support Art bell for some good radio.
Jorch.....i hear mommy calling you go back down to the basement. ..ah sorry I mean. ..c..a..v...e!

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 22, 2013, 06:39:27 PM
Jorch.....i hear mommy calling you go back down to the basement. ..ah sorry I mean. ..c..a..v...e!
Thanks. I gotta cash this fat paycheck first though. tell my mommy I will be there ASAP but I have to WORK at the moment because if I dont show up, who will? Art bell LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Falkie2013

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 06:38:39 PM
I am not saying Noory is a gentlemen- I said he looks like it based on this thread. This really is going to be historical. Not the entire site. Not the 1000 + page suck thread- THIS THREAD.

I did think Art was good enough to buy a radio for. Granted, I had the disposable cash and if it would have at all been a sacrifice I would not have felt it worthwhile. I do not feel Art is being truthful (nor has he been) and events have pretty much played out as I thought (and said) they would (minus the parting shots at Noory)

I am sad. Sad that Art was not who I had thought he was. Sad that Arts now gone for good (again, Speculation but History will prove one way or another-) but this was all Arts fault and responsibility right down to this latest childish email he posted.

Noory a gentleman ?

Calls people on here jerks and assholes ?

Hardly the behavior of a gentleman.

And will your post be seen as historical or hysterical ?

I have been asked by a new commenter to my videos as to whether or not we should re-launch the Free Art Bell campaign. I told her to wait until we see what Art says about it.
I'm getting more and more subscribers every day. People like my anti-Noory stuff.
I hope eventually to post other stuff, though most nights one could post a video a day on his verbal flubs and dumb questions and have a vocation for life.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:43:21 PM
Noory a gentleman ?

I have been asked by a new commenter to my videos as to whether or not we should re-launch the Free Art Bell campaign. I told her to wait until we see what Art says about it.
I'm getting more and more subscribers every day. People like my anti-Noory stuff.
I hope eventually to post other stuff, though most nights one could post a video a day on his verbal flubs and dumb questions and have a vocation for life.

Yes re-launch the campaign!
Sirius has no interest in a compromise so fuck them!

Does PremRat pay for satellite time now?

I can barely contain myself.

#freeartbell

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 22, 2013, 06:43:21 PM
Noory a gentleman ?

So far I have called it right on everything... I am guessing Historical.

-Again, I think you missed my point. read EVERYTHING george Noory posted ON THIS THREAD. And EVERYTHING Art bell posted. Who looks like a bitch and who looks like a Gentleman? It has nothing to do with the "truth" but the perception. I am not saying George Noory is a Gentlemen (but I am honestly leaning that way...) because I dont know the guy. I dont like his style, topics or the direction of his show but thats nothing on 'him'.

Yes, this thread will be Historical. In 30 years someone will be reading these words on a repost or "way back machine" type program which down converts the Virtual reality into plain text.

EDIT: That person 30 years into the future is now thinking "Damn DarKPenguiN was right..." . Its because I have powers (if you were wondering.) great powers....

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 05:40:53 PM
Yes...Yes we do. Because we have JOBS. Because we 'show up for work' ( a very new and daring concept)

But trolling here is SO MUCH FUN, And as long as we keep showing up we get PAID to do this. And its easy too. Since there would be nothing to Troll if Art had shown up for work and then C2C never would have been able to hatch our "Master Plan" of having Sirius hire Art so he would quit and we could "steal" his time slot and force him into an NC so he could not challenge our "autorata" (*spoken with Cartmans voice) and we can RULE THE WORLD!!!!!

-And we would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids...Er...Wait. We DID get away with it =)

Another conspiracy successfully pulled off by C2C, Noory and Sirius. All against poor Mr. "I never do anything wrong and everyone is out to get me" Bell.

It was daring, but someone had to do it. Now I have to go heat up some Pizza Rolls for Mr Noory. Be right back (they only take 45 seconds unless you want to get burned)

Ha...ha, ha, ha you are killing me that's so funny...oh boy...dickheads.

The motive behind Free Art Bell was to have Sirius/XM release him from his NC. After the rush of posts on their Facebook page and private discussion with Art, they still said no. It wouldn't do any good to bombard them further.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 22, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
So far I have called it right on everything... I am guessing Historical.

-Again, I think you missed my point. read EVERYTHING george Noory posted ON THIS THREAD. And EVERYTHING Art bell posted. Who looks like a bitch and who looks like a Gentleman? It has nothing to do with the "truth" but the perception. I am not saying George Noory is a Gentlemen (but I am honestly leaning that way...) because I dont know the guy. I dont like his style, topics or the direction of his show but thats nothing on 'him'.

Yes, this thread will be Historical. In 30 years someone will be reading these words on a repost or "way back machine" type program which down converts the Virtual reality into plain text.

EDIT: That person 30 years into the future is now thinking "Damn DarKPenguiN was right..." . Its because I have powers (if you were wondering.) great powers....

::)