• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

sherry440

Quote from: Snowdoggie on November 23, 2013, 07:53:30 PM
I have a stupid question. What kind of equipment does it take to do something like that? I actually worked in radio back in the 1980s. A long, long time ago.

Will you people stop with the "I'm so old" long, long ago crap? Geez. Now hand me my walker.

What IS gabfest to whatever the heck...?

Snowdoggie

Quote from: Textor on November 23, 2013, 07:54:56 PM
In reality? A mic and the proper software/website.

If you want something a bit more advanced, you can scale up from there, really.

I was wondering if they had some kind of multi-channel board setup.

maureen

Quote from: Art Bell on November 23, 2013, 07:05:33 PM
Hi again,

Well I read through the letter I posted and just can not find where I laid blame
on anybody. I did list the options we had talked about. I did comment about the
choice of Coast after I had left, I did comment on what I thought about Coast but
where did I point blame?

I will also say this, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision
again, that does not mean I am happy about the outcome, I am not. Anybody who
thinks I started that show just to quit is loony. I put money, sweat and a hell of a
lot of time into it.

At this point it is done, if I can find a way around the NC I will start streaming as
soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over. I did offer
to buy the studio gear so they would not have to come and remove it but they
declined.

When I do begin streaming it will be only me, no large company. If I made any
mistake that was it. I should have simply started streaming myself, for that I
do blame myself.

Art
thank you, Art! I appreciate all your efforts and look forward to hearing you however, whenever, and wherever you choose to continue. Best regards to you and your family.

Lt.Uhura

Art,
Thanks for the update.  My intuition is that SiriusXM would not fight you re the NC.  I think they'll be busy with the larger issue of how to stay relevant in a rapidly changing tech environment where people can stream quality programs (even in their cars) without the need for an expensive subscription service.  I'm looking forward to your independent streaming show!  Take Care. xx

maureen

Quote from: MV on November 23, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
good news and bad news. 

the good news is, it looks like the spec sheet is now going to be aired regularly on art's stream at artbell.com every tuesday at 8pm eastern, 5pm pacific. 

the bad news (or good, depending on you): since i will be doing the spec sheet weekly, i won't be able to alternate between it and the gabcast, meaning i'll only be appearing on the spec sheet.

the gabcast is going to continue, i think.  eddie dean has been asked to keep it going since he has the equipment and the ability, so we'll see if he decides to continue it.  feel free to pressure him as you like.  i think he wants another host, so there's that for anyone interested.
Well done, MV!! The Network will grow with new talent and with the guidance of the Master. I am pleased for all of us

Snowdoggie

Quote from: sherry440 on November 23, 2013, 07:59:20 PM
Will you people stop with the "I'm so old" long, long ago crap? Geez. Now hand me my walker.

Yeah. I'm over 50 and I still ride jet skis and snow ski. I ride a motorcycle to work on nice days. Last winter I went dogsledding in Colorado and ran an 8 dog team. I won't need a walker for a loong loong time.

It's also been more than 25 years since I have been behind a microphone. I did the overnight show on KQKK in Manteca, California back in the 80s. No talk. Just easy listening music and a rip and read newscast at the beginning of the hour. We actually had one of those big black teletype machines that would start typing and ringing bells whenever there was a news flash. 

Spinner

Hi again,

<snip>

At this point it is done, if I can find a way around the NC I will start streaming as
soon as possible, if not I will start the streaming after the NC is over. I did offer
declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Thanks for the post, Art! 
I'm sure you'll be a lot happier doing your own thing and not having to deal with corporate types. And it's good to own the rights to your own product. :)
I sincerely hope that you can find a way to start your own show on your new internet network soon, but I'll be there whenever you decide to start.

And when you're ready, you can probably get much better equipment than what Sirius provided.

Until then, I'll be listening to the ArtBell.com stream (the "Art Bell Stream Network"?). :)

Redwolf

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 23, 2013, 07:19:37 PM
There is a perception that Northern California is liberal because so much of the attention focuses on SF/Oakland/Berkeley/SJ.

But with every Congressman or person from here to Tracy being liberal, what can one expect people to think ?
I do know that out in Tracy, Stockton, Modesto they're more Conservative with lots of concerns about land use and water rights. Also in some counties around and above Sacramento. I think the further you get away from Sacto, LA and SF the more you find people who are self reliant, farm or are ranchers and they tend to be Conservative and somewhat anti government because the BLM and EPA keep screwing with them on water issues.
I have a friend who had a small pond on his land in Nevada and he's fighting with the EPA because they declared his tiny pond a wetland and are keeping him from working on and developing his own land. The EPA is doing this kind of crap all over the West and did the same to one couple who took it to the Supreme Court as well, if I'm remembering correctly.
Nevada used to be Conservative as well but that has changed mostly because of the huge influx of illegal aliens who are allowed to vote illegally and who vote Democratic. Without that, Harry Reid would have been sent back to Searchlight.

I like to say to people that I'm a paleoconservative in the Bay Area treading water in a sea filled with liberal sharks.

Can we kindly stay away from politics...who cares! This is all irrelevant to this forum...as there are sooooo many other places to blab back and forth about the divisiveness of the two headed monster they call the american political system. I would hope most people can see through the left-right paradigm...as it is just an illusion for people to further divide themselves instead of coming together. Why do you think Art doesn't talk about politics...he see's this too! Kindly, take it some place else...we are all bombarded by it from every angle...I was hoping to escape it here! Thank you!  ;)

Also, Thanks for the update Art...I will be here when you can get back on the mic...no matter how long it takes! You are the best!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 23, 2013, 07:13:13 PM
Yes....streaming is the way to go, Art. It compliments your 'raging in the night' independence too.

Those greedy suits are such dinosaurs....forget them. You'll be great with your own network!

What? But rosie won't he be risking his family and his life....maybe the cats too if he doesn't quit!!!??? Check this with you FBI contacts and get back forthwith!!!!!!  ;)

Colorado ESQ

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Art,

When does the two year period of non-compete lapse? Does it run from the time you signed the contract, or from when you resigned?

AZ/CO

Hi again,

Well I read through the letter I posted and just can not find where I laid blame
choice of Coast after I had left, I did comment on what I thought about Coast but
where did I point blame?

I will also say this, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision
thinks I started that show just to quit is loony. I put money, sweat and a hell of a
lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Art,
Thank you so much for keeping us updated on this forum.  Best to you and your family until we hear from you again...

Ghost Gab

Quote from: Snowdoggie on November 23, 2013, 07:53:30 PM
I have a stupid question. What kind of equipment does it take to do something like that? I actually worked in radio back in the 1980s. A long, long time ago.

Hi Snowdoggie.  Podcasting can be as simple as recording a program using a digital recorder then uploading that file to  server or website where others can play it directly on their computers. Another simple method that is free and allows for live streaming with archiving of your shows and also allows 5 callers to join your live show as well as a live chat window for listeners, is BlogTalkRadio. The free version is limited but you can purchase a monthly package for a very increased capability. But the free version is very good too. I have been on Blog Talk since 2007 hosting various type programs, mostly paranormal related. I currently just use the simple method of no-live show so I just record and upload the file on a website each week. That poscast is based on weekly space news at spacegab.com. I am also helping a new paranormal team start a Blog Talk show called Ghost Gab. We just recorded a test show and plan to do live shows soon. I've been a guest on many Blog Talk shows because of my paranormal past and early history in the craft, and TV show appearances, and have found it works well for me, even the free version. I think you'll find podcasting a very fun effort. You don't get the giant audience but it can still give you a good following depending on the type show, how you present it, and type guests you have on. Enjoy it if you do it. It can be very rewarding.

DarKPenguiN

Art, the first thing you said was that you would honor the NC.

Next you said you "WOULD HAVE THIS FIGHT" and have sought Legal Advice

Next you stopped the #FreeART campaign because it was "making things worse" (worse as opposed to WHAT? You NOT being released and not being on the Air? How could/did this "make things worse" when you are not on the Air and STILL in an NC?)

Next you reprinted the letter you sent to Sirus complete with jabs at george Noory.

Now, you evidently had no intention of "HAVING this fight" because you DIDNT fight. You stopped a campaign, spoke with an Attorney via email and evidently continued to negotiate yourself with some un-named manager at Sirius. Was this the fight ?

I am confused. Because we have went full circle and the only "Fight" I saw was you stopping free Art and you personally contacting Sirius and whining about Noory "Have you LISTENED to that show? I bet Millions never signed up to Sirius to hear that guy? I have MILLIONS of fans but they wont pay unless streaming works. I will NEVER share the Air with C2C"

Was that the fight? or was this all "lip service" as many have claimed since the start. because it looks like lip service and I took Ed Dames remote viewing home class and I WILL get to the bottom of this. =P

DesertFox

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Art--I appreciate the clarification and update.  That you pledge to stream your show as soon as you can...that shows me you are sincere.

Don't worry about a few loudmouths who will be negative regardless.  I get some anger over the abrupt loss of Dark Matter...but your reemphasis on your pledge to return should make the vast majority of fans see you are being straight.

A future Rosewells to you, sir!

DesertFox

Quote from: Colorado ESQ on November 23, 2013, 08:42:47 PM
Art,

When does the two year period of non-compete lapse? Does it run from the time you signed the contract, or from when you resigned?

September 2015.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 23, 2013, 08:54:54 PM
Art, the first thing you said was that you would honor the NC.

Next you said you "WOULD HAVE THIS FIGHT" and have sought Legal Advice

Next you stopped the #FreeART campaign because it was "making things worse" (worse as opposed to WHAT? You NOT being released and not being on the Air? How could/did this "make things worse" when you are not on the Air and STILL in an NC?)

Next you reprinted the letter you sent to Sirus complete with jabs at george Noory.

Now, you evidently had no intention of "HAVING this fight" because you DIDNT fight. You stopped a campaign, spoke with an Attorney via email and evidently continued to negotiate yourself with some un-named manager at Sirius. Was this the fight ?

I am confused. Because we have went full circle and the only "Fight" I saw was you stopping free Art and you personally contacting Sirius and whining about Noory "Have you LISTENED to that show? I bet Millions never signed up to Sirius to hear that guy? I have MILLIONS of fans but they wont pay unless streaming works. I will NEVER share the Air with C2C"

Was that the fight? or was this all "lip service" as many have claimed since the start. because it looks like lip service and I took Ed Dames remote viewing home class and I WILL get to the bottom of this. =P

Yeah. We're waiting for this.  ::)

WR104

Yeah, as much as I'm upset about DM vaporizing, I think we've let Art know this plenty and don't think we need to school him anymore about the business end of this.  That literally is his business and yes I know a lot of listeners are upset about lost money on subscriptions and radios but I honestly never felt Art intended things to end this way. I take him for his word that he just wants to put out a great show. Fair enough for me.

sherry440

So for Art Bell intermission listening, we have:

Spacegab.com
Ufoship.com which will now be on Art's
Bateman's I already forgot
Jimharold.net
Darkness Radio

Is that it?

Oh, Mysterious Universe....and whatever Eddie Dean does (?)

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: WR104 on November 23, 2013, 09:08:02 PM
Yeah, as much as I'm upset about DM vaporizing, I think we've let Art know this plenty and don't think we need to school him anymore about the business end of this.  That literally is his business and yes I know a lot of listeners are upset about lost money on subscriptions and radios but I honestly never felt Art intended things to end this way. I take him for his word that he just wants to put out a great show. Fair enough for me.
Then Art needs to quit spinning shit.

If its over, let the legacy end like this.

The more this dude lies, the more the floodgates will open. This is not about the 'business end'. This is about a Celebrity stringing along his fans, fucking them over, stringing them along some more, midirecting blame, taking no responsibility, leading fans along some more...etc...etc...etc...

Again. You choose to believe him after he changes his mind and/or doesnt follow through how many times on how many issues just since this whole DM affair? I dont. And the spin is sickening as fuck.

Ghost Gab

Quote from: sherry440 on November 23, 2013, 09:08:58 PM
So for Art Bell intermission listening, we have:

Spacegab.com
Ufoship.com which will now be on Art's
Bateman's I already forgot
Jimharold.net
Darkness Radio

Is that it?

Oh, Mysterious Universe....and whatever Eddie Dean does (?)
Bateman is Dark Weekend. And, not only do I have my spacegab.com but I was also on artbell.com (lol) In case you missed it here I am
http://artbell.com/tracking-the-international-space-station-with-metal-coat-hangers/ A real space cadet!

sherry440

I will listen!

I'm tattooing this list now.....

WR104

Ok I get it.  I wish he would have done this differently - was not a fan of the "all in" strategy.  I guess Art just has a very high "I don't give a shit factor" to his personality which is cool sometimes and other times seems to me just reckless.  Does he put out a great product - in my opinion he does. He's not running for office and if he did I probably wouldn't vote for guy. But anyway, what was the question?

maren

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 23, 2013, 07:25:27 PM
I would love to co-host, fwiw.  If eddie dean chooses to decline, that's ok.  Just wanted to put it out there.   8)

Heard you when you called in to the show w/MV -- great voice!  You've got my vote.   :)

littlechris

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 23, 2013, 07:13:13 PM
Yes....streaming is the way to go, Art. It compliments your 'raging in the night' independence too.

Those greedy suits are such dinosaurs....forget them. You'll be great with your own network!

I agree, now youre being a good girl. :)

maren

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Art, you're of the days when companies had integrity.  Those days are long gone.  Their only concern is profit and to show a return to the shareholders.  Cold, cold, cold.  Stay away from those evil empires!  We'll take care of you.   :)   Ready when you are.

jazmunda

Hi again,

where did I point blame?

lot of time into it.

declined.

do blame myself.

Art

Thanks Art.

I will be here when you are free.

In the mean time stick around and enjoy the view. Don't be a stranger. If you don't want to post here you have a lovely website where you can write your thoughts on the issues of the day.

Surely that NC doesn't preclude you from the written word.

Suzeca

When I do begin streaming it will be only me, no large company.

Art

When i checked your website just now like i do everyday i found programs listed there!
This is a GREAT idea Art!
Normally i would not take the time to find them and listen because nobody else but you will do but now that they are being hosted on your site i feel more interested in listening.
You can make your own network! This is great i love this.
Now i have something to listen to at night when im working. They will be the warm up and prelude to you. I love this idea.
And if you need to charge thats ok! I will pay! You can have my money instead of Siriusly Stupid.

maren

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 23, 2013, 07:53:41 PM
Yep, I emailed them both. I emailed Keith and the paracast.
Knapp and a lot of other good people have been on that podcast. heads and tails better than c2c.

Never heard of the paracast -- thanks!