• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: gabecolemanpl on November 21, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
Lol ... Ya ill try the herion thing since you suggested it ... but anything to listen to while i search for some ...

Neil Young - The Needle And The Damage Done (Lyrics)

jazmunda

Quote from: gabecolemanpl on November 21, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
Lol ... Ya ill try the herion thing since you suggested it ... but anything to listen to while i search for some ...

Check out this guy called bateman from this very site: http://darkweekend.com/

Or Jim Harold who was a guest on this sites Podcast as well as being a poster here: http://jimharold.com/

This site has a regular podcast too: http://ufoship.com

Or check out the sub section on this forum that has lots of suggestions of good podcasts: http://bellgab.com/index.php?board=35.0

Textor

OK, so, FINALLY caught up on this thread (I had to go do work stuff right before Art posted...)

First, I don't think we should lose hope.

We are starting to figure out a plan of action.

Action 1: Start our own network. We've already heard from Paul that Keith is looking for podcasters to broadcast under artbell.com, so we should find the good ones and suggest them to him so we can start building the foundation for something great. Maybe a Kickstarter campaign to fund the costs associated with getting everything in place, and even to possibly advertise (perhaps on Sirius, as an added bit of irony?) the whole thing.

Action 2: Click the "resume" button on #FreeArtBell again. We should go back to trying to get Sirius to release art from his NC contract, since that would be the fastest route. We should also be mindful that DDOS attacks and other illegal actions should be avoided-- we don't need to look like criminals, just passionate fans that want to hear their favorite host back on the air.

Action 3: Look at getting Art good representation. Not saying that Art has a bad lawyer, as I don't know any details on the person, but I personally would feel a lot better if we had a top labor/entertainment lawyer who specializes in non-compete clauses to fight the fight. Also, since he IS 68, he has an additional argument to be made to the courts-- he needs the proceedings expedited due to his age. Courts don't tend to like depriving people from their ability to make an earning, and with his advanced age and the fact that Sirius may have some Bad Faith in some of their activities, I can see the courts expediting the proceedings on that basis.

Yes, I know a lot of people have mentioned that Art is well-off, but the bottom line is that his family does have to be supported on whatever income/wealth he has, and if the court battle is going to be expensive, it can put their standard of living at risk. I don't think we need to pay for the entire thing-- I just think lightening the load can help encourage the fight to happen.

Action 4: Commit FortRock. Seriously, that guy needs some help.

gabecolemanpl

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 11:42:56 PM
Check out this guy called bateman from this very site: http://darkweekend.com/

Or Jim Harold who was a guest on this sites Podcast as well as being a poster here: http://jimharold.com/

This site has a regular podcast too: http://ufoship.com

Or check out the sub section on this forum that has lots of suggestions of good podcasts: http://bellgab.com/index.php?board=35.0

hey i appreciate that a lot thanks ... ill look into those

Falkie2013

Quote from: gabecolemanpl on November 21, 2013, 11:40:47 PM

Ok worth a shot ... I just cant take anymore noorey

Since Art says he's not forbidden to write a book, he could update it and be interviewed about the new book and not violate the NC.

Hey, I say we do it all again in  2015!

Hell,  you can do two years standing on your head!

Surmo

Thanks for the Neil Young, SixWeekTenure. He helped get me through college.

Quote from: Surmo on November 21, 2013, 11:47:45 PM

Ha, no problemo.

jazmunda

Quote from: Surmo on November 21, 2013, 11:47:45 PM

How did you manage to get Neil Young as your tutor?

Heather Wade

Well, if you can't spill anything right now, that's cool Surmo.  Wishing you guys all the luck in the meantime.

Surmo

LOL  No, not my tutor.  That was Bob Seger, who lived in Ann Arbor when I went to college.  And may still even now.

DesertFox

No, no...Neil just drove him thru the University one day on a tour.

Danger!UFO

My CtoC subscription renewed automatically last month. (that won't happen again) If I cancel, does anyone know if I can get a refund on the unused portion of the subscription? If George Knapp was the main host I would stay on but....

I've waited for Art's announcement. Now I can cancel my long time Sirius account.

I NEED HELP: I'd like to download some old Art Bell shows. I know they are out there somewhere on the web. Any links out there? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks. Sshhh...Don't tell George.  ::)

Ravenna

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 09:52:26 PM
We're in the RoseGirl vortex now. Let's see what other lies s/he can come up with.

I like the one about the FBI.

Between RoseGirl and Sarah Brestlin, my head is spinning.  Art doesn't need to lift a finger to stir up any drama, when there are those such as them to stir it up for him (although I'd bet by this time Art's tired of being the eye of a swirl of wildly whirling untrue rumors).

Quote from: Danger!UFO on November 21, 2013, 11:52:18 PM
My CtoC subscription renewed automatically last month. (that won't happen again) If I cancel, does anyone know if I can get a refund on the unused portion of the subscription? If George Knapp was the main host I would stay on but....

I've waited for Art's announcement. Now I can cancel my long time Sirius account.

I NEED HELP: I'd like to download some old Art Bell shows. I know they are out there somewhere on the web. Any links out there? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks. Sshhh...Don't tell George.  ::)

No refunds, but you do get a coupon for 25% off Geno's Pizza Rolls

gabecolemanpl

Quote from: Danger!UFO on November 21, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?al2b129if15xn     ...........try that

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 11:44:26 PM
OK, so, FINALLY caught up on this thread (I had to go do work stuff right before Art posted...)

First, I don't think we should lose hope.

We are starting to figure out a plan of action.

Action 1: Start our own network. We've already heard from Paul that Keith is looking for podcasters to broadcast under artbell.com, so we should find the good ones and suggest them to him so we can start building the foundation for something great. Maybe a Kickstarter campaign to fund the costs associated with getting everything in place, and even to possibly advertise (perhaps on Sirius, as an added bit of irony?) the whole thing.

Action 2: Click the "resume" button on #FreeArtBell again. We should go back to trying to get Sirius to release art from his NC contract, since that would be the fastest route. We should also be mindful that DDOS attacks and other illegal actions should be avoided-- we don't need to look like criminals, just passionate fans that want to hear their favorite host back on the air.

Action 3: Look at getting Art good representation. Not saying that Art has a bad lawyer, as I don't know any details on the person, but I personally would feel a lot better if we had a top labor/entertainment lawyer who specializes in non-compete clauses to fight the fight. Also, since he IS 68, he has an additional argument to be made to the courts-- he needs the proceedings expedited due to his age. Courts don't tend to like depriving people from their ability to make an earning, and with his advanced age and the fact that Sirius may have some Bad Faith in some of their activities, I can see the courts expediting the proceedings on that basis.

Yes, I know a lot of people have mentioned that Art is well-off, but the bottom line is that his family does have to be supported on whatever income/wealth he has, and if the court battle is going to be expensive, it can put their standard of living at risk. I don't think we need to pay for the entire thing-- I just think lightening the load can help encourage the fight to happen.

It's over man.

I doubt Art will come back in two years. Even if he does I've kind of lost interest in him because of his antics. Art could come back and then leave again suddenly. This wouldn't surprise me.

It was good while it lasted.

Time to listen to Howard for the next two years. At least he is a consistent, professional broadcaster.

mattjs2732

So, my Sirius subscription has finally ended. I have an older radio that I used to subscribe to Sirius off and on, but with the recent events...does anyone have that urge to just go "Office Space" on their worthless Sirius/XM radio? (I only say this as it sealed the deal about me EVER subscribing again.)

Quote from: mattjs2732 on November 21, 2013, 11:56:33 PM
So, my Sirius subscription has finally ended. I have an older radio that I used to subscribe to Sirius off and on, but with the recent events...does anyone have that urge to just go "Office Space" on their worthless Sirius/XM radio? (I only say this as it sealed the deal about me EVER subscribing again.)

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 09, 2013, 04:14:58 PM

Office Space Printer Scene (Unedited)

Just went Michael Bolton on my satellite radio equipment. I feel better now.

Surmo

Sirius sent me a car radio when I signed up, supposedly worth $99 bucks.  I havent even opened the package yet.  Since I won't give it to someone, who might use it to listen to Sirius, anyone got ideas on how I should destroy it?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Surmo on November 21, 2013, 11:59:56 PM
Sirius sent me a car radio when I signed up, supposedly worth $99 bucks.  I havent even opened the package yet.  Since I won't give it to someone, who might use it to listen to Sirius, anyone got ideas on how I should destroy it?

Nuke it from space.  It's the only way to be sure.

gabecolemanpl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqi8WFch7K8

directions are in description ..found this the other day

Surmo

Nukes might work, but on second thought, personal satisfaction would best be served by doing the "Office Space" destruction sequence.

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

Lets give this its own category in the forums. Maybe right under "Dark Matter with Art Bell" and see what happens/see if it draws interest.
Also, how about getting out podcasts on at a set time...say 10pm pacific, every day to build consistency,

Falkie2013

Find an old convection oven and plug it in somewhere and put the radio in it and see what happens.

retired41

give it to rose

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 06:17:41 PM
I understand you think the way forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this model. It really already is.
                                                                                                                                              Art

Art,
I hope that, while waiting for September 1st, you consider going forward with the creation of your own internet Dark Matter Network (or any other name you choose) and stream a variety of content. Keep the AB flame alive and grow your audience in preparation for the big day.