• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coastgab users - vote for your favorite host!

Started by sanddollar, March 27, 2010, 06:51:38 PM

Who is your favorite host other than Art Bell? (you must login to vote or see results)

George Knapp
13 (36.1%)
Ross Mitchell
1 (2.8%)
George Noory
2 (5.6%)
Ian Punnett
14 (38.9%)
Anyone but Noory
4 (11.1%)
Anyone but Punnett
0 (0%)
Anyone but Knapp
0 (0%)
I hate them all now
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: June 25, 2010, 06:51:38 PM

sanddollar

Let's see where we stand as far as forum user's opinions, it should be interesting...

starrmtn001

I also would rather listen to Ian on weekdays.

muddel

Richard Syrett

http://www.richardsyrett.com

Scratch at knowledge and invariably a mystery lurks just beneath the surface. It’s his indefatigable and passionate pursuit of these mysteries, his insatiable curiosity of the world around him and his unique and finely tuned story telling abilities that have earned Richard Syrett the moniker, Canada’s Art Bell.  And on Friday April 24th, 2009, Richard guest-hosted Coast to Coast filling in for George Noory.

When Richard’s show was suddenly and unexpectedly cut from CFRB’s line-up as part of a ‘corporate reorganizing’ Richard’s devoted listeners organized and staged a rally outside the radio station in minus 30 degree weather!  Despite being off the air, his past, archived RB shows continue to be downloaded from his website.   One of his last shows in December of 2008 has been downloaded in excess of 31,000 times.

MV/Liberace!

i'm listening at the moment to ian's interview from 3/27/10 with an undertaker.  very good show.

KnyeGuy

I know may people like Ian, but the past year or two he has really gotten on my nerves with his lame sense of humor and his smarminess...
I don't think his 'goody-two-shoes' style suits C2C at all. (And his voice certainly doesn't).

So, my vote goes to Knapp. Sure I think Ian beats him in intellect, but Knapp possesses the overall qualities that Coast needs:
- A "sincere" interest in the topics (did Noory EVER really have an interest?)
- Good overal radio personality (Noory has a good personality for a kids' show)
- Excellent voice

Is there any 'small time' radio host out there that anyone could envision being great on C2C? Damn... It's been 7 years of Noory now... HOW could this have happened?

EvB

I voted for Ian - I waffled a bit considering Knapp - but realized that I tune in to c2c to be entertained.  I find Ian more entertaining. 

Ian just doesn't hold my attention.  Perhaps it is the fact that his topics and guests tend to be more 'mainstream' than Knapp's, but I find that I am entertained over the radio by Knapp while I fall fast asleep with Punnett. 

Speaking of potential replacements, the online petition that was posted on this site last week had Dan Aykroyd's name written all over it as a replacement to Snoory.  Aykroyd would be entertaining for a few nights, then his lack of discipline in preparing for guests would show fairly quickly.  He also did a DVD with that clown David Serada, which may speak volumes about his judgment.

spitfire

I voted for G.Knapp. He knows how to interview guests. Ask a question, let the guest start talking. Punnet asks a question, and Punnet starts talking or interrupting the guests reply. I don't fall asleep listening to him, I  change stations.

Nebraska888

George Knapp is the very best host, Ian is second.  I agree that Ian talks too much.  George is smart, insightful, articulate, and interesting.  He knows what questions to ask, he knows when to ask them, and he is a great listener!  And, of course, Art is the "master"!

Does GN know how many of us are embarrassed by his lack of skill as a host for Coast to Coast???

EvB

Quote from: muddel on March 28, 2010, 02:53:24 PM

Richard Syrett

http://www.richardsyrett.com

Thank you for reminding me of that name!  I knew there was a guest host (Canadian, yes?) in the past year that I really liked.  While I am, and imagine will remain, a die-hard Ian fan, Syrett struck me as having a point of view, and temperament, that was more weekday c2c.

tmock00

Quote from: EvB on April 04, 2010, 12:23:03 AM
Thank you for reminding me of that name!  I knew there was a guest host (Canadian, yes?) in the past year that I really liked.  While I am, and imagine will remain, a die-hard Ian fan, Syrett struck me as having a point of view, and temperament, that was more weekday c2c.

I too liked Syrett, and for the same reasons. He struck me has being articulate and interesting.

I voted for Ian.  Years ago, he was a DJ here locally at a highly popular rock station and he did very well; he was hugely popular at the time.  If you've ever heard him talk on C2C about how he worked in a haunted radio station that was once a funeral home, it was here in the Quad Cities - Davenport, Iowa - for WXLP, better known as 97X.  At that time he was known as Ian Case. 

Aliens_Proof

I had to vote George Noory, only because he is going to be President of America one day  :)

I suppose George Noory is just too much of 'such a nice guy'.
Especially compared to Art Bell.

But yeah, Art Bell and Coast to Coast AM and the Internet
was/is the best thing to ever happen to planet Earth.

;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Aliens_Proof on April 21, 2010, 08:25:37 PM
I suppose George Noory is just too much of 'such a nice guy'.
Especially compared to Art Bell.
the following might seem shocking to some of you coming from me...
but if i were FORCED to choose who to hang out with for a few hours, and the choice were between noory and art, i'd probably choose snoors. 

why?

because despite being a loyal fan of art's work and despite considering him the second best radio host of the 20th century, i think he comes across as being something of an asshole as a man.  he's always projected a certain indifference, a dismissive air, that indicates to me he'd be a total waste of time in person.  i'll stick to encountering him on the radio, thank you very much.

it comes down to this:  when you're a fan of someone from afar, the image you hope reality can live up to often sets you up to let you down after a face to face encounter.  i think art would be a disappointment in person, and i'd rather just not find out if i'm right or wrong about him.  it would suck to be right, and i think i am.  if you told me right now that he's standing on the sidewalk in front of my house, i'd take a look out the window, but nothing more.

MV/Liberace!

oh, and by the way, i'm not under duress at the hands of premiere radio, nor have i ever met tom danheiser, and nobody has paid me off.  oh, and i'm also not somebody named "trinity," if that allays any additional concerns.

Funny, but as it turns out I have an Amercian friend who is traveling to Manila next week and is going to try to look up Art Bell.  If he meets up with him, I'll let you know what he says!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tom from Hong Kong on April 22, 2010, 09:14:24 PM
Funny, but as it turns out I have an Amercian friend who is traveling to Manila next week and is going to try to look up Art Bell.  If he meets up with him, I'll let you know what he says!
please do.  i'd be interested to hear.

Who are the two joksters who voted for Noory in the poll above?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tom from Hong Kong on April 23, 2010, 01:40:45 AM
Who are the two joksters who voted for Noory in the poll above?
get a rope. tee hee.  j/k

11angeleyes11

Hmmmm!.  To post here or poll here, you must be registered. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 23, 2010, 06:13:14 AM
Hmmmm!.  To post here or poll here, you must be registered.
i'm not sure what you're getting at.

hal-9000a

I voted for Knapp, he's good when he can make it on the air.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2010, 01:36:19 PM
i'm not sure what you're getting at.
I was just responding to the post above me.   It may have just been a witty response, but if they are posting here they must be registered and have profile names.  It is sort of like the aliens among us.  You know they may be here and they try to blend in, but there is something suspicious in their eyes, in this case posts.  I am not sure MV, but you do have to be registered to post and also poll? 

I'm torn between Ian and Knapp, but I'm going Knapp. He probably reminds me of Art the most.

Aliens_Proof

Well, if George Noory gets abducted by one of the 57 thousand different species of aliens...
All of us here could host the show !!! 
..... "North South East and West of the Rockies this is MV, Angel, Tom, Aliens_Proof, HAL 9000a, EVb, Spitfire, etc, YeeHaar!!!".

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 24, 2010, 07:55:48 AM
I was just responding to the post above me.   It may have just been a witty response, but if they are posting here they must be registered and have profile names.  It is sort of like the aliens among us.  You know they may be here and they try to blend in, but there is something suspicious in their eyes, in this case posts.  I am not sure MV, but you do have to be registered to post and also poll?
yes, only registered users can post messages, post polls, or vote in polls.

puddintame

Well, gosh.  I usually turn Ian off and try to listen to the old Art Bell shows.  No luck for the last few days.  Guess the server is overloaded?  It seems to me that Ian mostly does religion-related topics one way or another.  I don't think his jokes are cute or funny.  My main problem with Ian is that he stammers and stutters and stammers and can't get a whole sentence out of his mouth without the stammer.  Sends me up the wall.  His "Where are you going to take us?" is totally stupid.  Yetch.

Knapp is excellent and clearly is an experienced interviewer.  When he first started, he READ to us for quite awhile before he got on with the show.  He has settled down now and doesn't seem to do that.

I wish we had a lot more Knapp and a lot less Punnett.