• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Started by Marc.Knight, July 11, 2009, 06:12:25 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on July 11, 2009, 06:07:38 PM
     X-Files  was the last show I watched on a regular basis.  The Queen Mary episode was probably one of the best things ever done on television.  I was also hooked on DS9.  Great stuff.

Loved DS9 also.  Garak was my favorite character by far.

Quote from: The Philosopher on July 11, 2009, 06:12:25 PM
Garak was my favorite character by far.

The Cardassian tailor? If so, me too. I often confuse the Cardassians' names. It isn't that they aren't memorable, it's that they're so indistinct looking. Even Klingons look more distinctive and memorable to me. Perhaps it's the gray...

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 11, 2009, 06:49:36 PM
The Cardassian tailor? If so, me too. I often confuse the Cardassians' names. It isn't that they aren't memorable, it's that they're so indistinct looking. Even Klingons look more distinctive and memorable to me. Perhaps it's the gray...

Yes, he's the one.  In one episode it was revealed that he used to "break" prisoners merely by staring at them for hours. ;D 

valdez

Garak was one of the sweetest guys on the station, and one of the most dangerous.  Most of the characters were cool.  Once Sisko shaved his head, the series took off.  Long story arcs.  Epic battles.   

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on July 11, 2009, 07:17:02 PM
     Garak was one of the sweetest guys on the station, and one of the most dangerous.  Most of the characters were cool.  Once Sisko shaved his head, the series took off.  Long story arcs.  Epic battles.   

Yes, the battles were excellent.  The Dominion War added a lot to the Trek saga.  Wasn't there a Federation-Romulan alliance for a while?  Worf had a good role also.

valdez

An alliance brought about by deception on the part of the Federation.  It was necessary to have the Romulans on board against the Dominion.  Worf?  Oh, yeah.  Worf was all that and a bag of chips.

I made it's own topic. Hope ya'll don't mind.

Quote from: valdez on July 11, 2009, 07:17:02 PM

Dude once Sisko shaved and got the Defiant..that's where shit got real heavy. It was epic to say the least from Season 3 and on.

Quote from: PW on July 11, 2009, 09:04:23 PM

Thats ok.

Thanks Penny. You're a standup guy.  ;D

Someone should make a poll for favorite ds9 characters. I'm a bit tipsy though.. :D

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 11, 2009, 09:07:48 PM
Thanks Penny. You're a standup guy.  ;D

Someone should make a poll for favorite ds9 characters. I'm a bit tipsy though.. :D

Have you been frequenting QUARK'S PLACE?

Star Trek DS9: Quark and Garak - Just like the Federation

valdez

Quark was such a goofball.  I just noticed the quote under atomsk's logo thing.  That's a ferengi thing.  I forgot the name of the guy who was always drunk and never said a word...

valdez

Gotta close down the restaurant and go on to my second job..and listen to Ian...had fun.  Adios.