• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cweb

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 10:04:15 AM
i hate yams.  potatoes shouldn't be sweet.
I have actually eaten raw baby potatoes that were a tad sweet, amid the starchy goodness.

Or maybe that was the beer doing that.

chefist

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 10:04:15 AM
i hate yams.  potatoes shouldn't be sweet.

Roast them, then top with butter, honey and cinnamon...tastes like pumpkin pie! Yea, they can never pass for savory...

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 10:01:28 AM
two days ago he was sending me private messages asking me to look him up if i'm ever in his town.  yeah, that seems psychologically stable.
I think he believes that is really you and not just a partcularly creepy avatar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 10:12:19 AM
Roast them, then top with butter, honey and cinnamon...tastes like pumpkin pie! Yea, they can never pass for savory...

yeah, i've had sweet potatoes gussied up in all sorts of ways, from butter to cinnamon to marshmallows... they just suck.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 10:12:19 AM
Sweet potato fries are good too

cweb

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 10:15:28 AM
Sweet potato fries are good too
Now there's one application I just can't get behind. They're always too sweet for me. And places tend to salt the hell out of them, which I don't get.

On a vaguely different note, Sweet Potato Squash (aka Delicata) is quite delicious. Easy to make too.

chefist

Quote from: cweb on October 04, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
Now there's one application I just can't get behind. They're always too sweet for me. And places tend to salt the hell out of them, which I don't get.

On a vaguely different note, Sweet Potato Squash (aka Delicata) is quite delicious. Easy to make too.

I love that squash too! I make a lot of different squashes...spaghetti, acorn, butternut...mmmmm

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 10:22:57 AM
I love that squash too! I make a lot of different squashes...spaghetti, acorn, butternut...mmmmm

Finally this thread is back on track. I also find sweet potatoe fries delicious, I like to pair it with a turkey burger.

K_Dubb

Quote from: onan on October 04, 2015, 09:31:27 AM
You're right Art doesn't need the distraction. But the website is yawn inducing. I'm not a site designer, I only know what I like and don't like. I don't want to be a site designer, I only know that when I visit Art's site I am not interested enough to search his site.

The website is pretty much what I'd expect from a million-a-year startup operation.  Once it hits 5, yeah, maybe sub out a redesign.

whoozit

Sweet potato pie is good.  Tastes just like pumpkin.

AppealPlay

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 04, 2015, 10:25:23 AM
Finally this thread is back on track. I also find sweet potatoe fries delicious, I like to pair it with a turkey burger.

+1 on sweet potato fries.  They rule.  Great with BBQ, too.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 10:01:28 AM
two days ago he was sending me private messages asking me to look him up if i'm ever in his town.  yeah, that seems psychologically stable.

You too heh... Got love the little guy though .. He tries very hard ... A for effort!

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 04, 2015, 10:27:39 AM
+1 on sweet potato fries.  They rule.  Great with BBQ, too.

That is true! Sweet with spicy They go well for example with a spicy jalepeno burger or bratwurts topped with sauteed onions and spicy roasted seranos!

GravitySucks

Quote from: cweb on October 04, 2015, 10:19:58 AM

My favorite place mixes up a little salt sugar and cinnamon. Hmmmm

Reading the last several pages after sobering up is a trip.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 04, 2015, 10:25:23 AM

Hey got'a go about my day, but for the record, sweet potatoes in any form suck!
Someone please collate Bellgabbers sweet potatoes data points, send to Hoagie, sure he could make some sense out of it.

trostol

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 10:15:20 AM
yeah, i've had sweet potatoes gussied up in all sorts of ways, from butter to cinnamon to marshmallows... they just suck.

this is a post i can get behind...no amount of doctoring can make me eat sweet potatoes..and its sacrilege to pass them off as fries..

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 10:35:33 AM
Reading the last several pages after sobering up is a trip.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL I didn't drink last night in anticipation of having a few during the games today...when I woke up I thought

GravitySucks

My favorite vegetable preparation though has to be roasted sweet corn (roasted on a grill in the husk). I soak them in water before grilling. If you find a real good type, like peaches and cream, they are even great the next day cold and you don't even butter and salt.

LPT: Don't just leaving them sitting outside overnight next to the grill because racoons like roasted corn too.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 04, 2015, 10:39:40 AM
Hey got'a go about my day, but for the record, sweet potatoes in any form suck!
Someone please collate Bellgabbers sweet potatoes data points, send to Hoagie, sure he could make some sense out of it.
Yeah, well my research indicates that since the white gene is recessive, it actually takes two white crows.

trostol

Candy Corn? yay or nay

personally...i eat one and i am done for the year

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 10:43:04 AM
Yeah, well my research indicates that since the white gene is recessive, it actually takes two white crows.

All these people advocating for "white" potatoes...I think it's code speech for bigoted tuber haters...

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 10:44:51 AM
All these people advocating for "white" potatoes...I think it's code speech for bigoted tuber haters...
Tubers gonna tube.
#AllPotatosMatter

Quote from: chefist on October 04, 2015, 10:22:57 AM

How do you make good acorn squash? I got a bunch of them on sale and they are just sitting on the counter. I was going to cut them into little pieces and boil them, but I know that will be gross and I will just throw them out. If you have the chance, PM me a good recipe or 2. I don't want to derail the thread.

GravitySucks

Derail this thread?  LOL

phrodo

Dayum ... thankfully some idiots apparently ran out of meth and everclear. I was concerned that shit was going to go on clear thru today.

As for sweet potatoes -- I like them baked in a sauce with marshmallow topping and also baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon as an alternative to a regular baked potato with a steak ... but their fries are kinda meh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: trostol on October 04, 2015, 10:44:25 AM
Candy Corn? yay or nay

personally...i eat one and i am done for the year

i just bite the little white tip off of them and then throw the rest in the garbage.

GravitySucks

Quote from: phrodo on October 04, 2015, 10:54:18 AM
Dayum ... thankfully some idiots apparently ran out of meth and everclear. I was concerned that shit was going to go on clear thru today.

As for sweet potatoes -- I like them baked in a sauce with marshmallow topping and also baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon as an alternative to a regular baked potato with a steak ... but their fries are kinda meh.
If you get them fried in peanut oil you might actually like them. Unless, of course, you are allergic to peanuts. Then, not so much.