• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 03:30:51 AM

Oh is that what it's for! Hey, I'm going to have so much fun...  ;D ;D
What can I say? I'm a giver. I did that for free. You're Welcome.  8)

BellBoy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 03:28:50 AM

If I had ladyparts do you seriously think I'd be online? The serially celibate misogynist always revert to using female gender as a (I can't resist) Ad hominem (go me!). Quick Karl used to do it.

I forgot! Rule 37!

Maybe he's right. Maybe I am just like him. Maybe I am, an asshat. :'(

(Fucking, "I am rubber! You are glue!", always wins... DAMN IT!)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 03:35:09 AM
I forgot! Rule 37!

Maybe he's right. Maybe I am just like him. Maybe I am... an asshat. :'(

No you're not; but I've seen ladyparts (more than, erm once) and they're such fun if I had my own I'd never need another hobby.

pate

I give all particiPANTS in this thread an EFFminus, 'cepting me self, I getz an EFFin plus.

Adding to F'ing page counts and/or voting to merge with Fapage.

Ahm, F, I doan give an effen F...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 03:39:53 AM
I give all particiPANTS in this thread an EFFminus, 'cepting me self, I getz an EFFin plus.

Adding to F'ing page counts and/or voting to merge with Fapage.

Ahm, F, I doan give an effen F...

Harsh but fair.

pate

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
Discuss.

Yew spelt thars rong.  Eeetz "discus" as in the thing yew throw away before yew the "ref" gets into the FAT GRECO-ROMAN rasslin' match you wish you could officiate.

Run out of hand9-wypes* you slob?  NMint 409 and papertowels?  409 burns *ass* lube?  I should stop channeling yew as well, bot...

ediot: See asterix

Dr Who

I just wish everyo e would stop slagging of redected
i thought she dome. An excellent.  Job under very diff
icult circumstances.

wr250

Quote from: Dr Who on December 14, 2015, 06:38:08 AM
I just wish everyo e would stop slagging of redected
i thought she dome. An excellent.  Job under very diff
icult circumstances.

i agree. i will keep my TT sub , to support (Redacted) and my fellow neckbeard, Kieth.

cweb

Just a quick question- will artbell.com remain the show's website, or is a new domain name being worked on? I don't care either way, just want to know where to look for the guest announcements.

Right now, tonight's guest is listed on artbell.com, so I'll assume the status quo.

Tobias McGriff tonight, btw!

Heather,

Make it your own. Put your own spin on it. Have fun. Play any damn music you want. Move the show forward.

You'll do great.

Still subscribed. Never left.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 13, 2015, 10:58:57 PM
For me, she's just too amateur.  Her voice, her delivery, her instincts, her rapport with the guest.  She really comes across like one of the kids at the college's radio station.  They mean well, they have some talent, and they can talk, but all that doesn't make for a professional.  The difference is they're getting their training.  They're going to make mistakes.  She, on the other hand, is already on a professional show.  So, many people, though obviously not all, will expect more.  She has an in with Art, and maybe that's because of her parents or whatever, but he's being generous.  Or maybe just wants the contrast to be great between himself and his successor.  Can she get better in time?  Sure.  Given enough time and opportunity, probably anyone with the basic talent can.  But I won't be listening, and neither will the people I know.  So, her support here may help get her through.  Or not.
One of the things that actually won me over in the few times Heather has taken the helm is that she actually listens for the guest to finish answering her last question, something neither art or Hoagland tend to do.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 14, 2015, 08:34:55 AM
One of the things that actually won me over in the few times Heather has taken the helm is that she actually listens for the guest to finish answering her last question, something neither art or Hoagland tend to do.

Yeah, but that's what makes them both brilliant radio broadcasters; interrupting.  ::)

EarthAlien007

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 01:59:29 AM
This will be the thread for the show going forward. You guys can use it for live chat or general commentary.

No nightly show threads?
It's not like she's RCH...

Tarbaby

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 08:38:27 AM

Yeah, but that's what makes them both brilliant radio broadcasters; interrupting.  ::)
yes, I guess. If you define brilliant radio podcast or as someone who is unable to control their impulses to blurt out nonrelated irrelevant personal asides while the guest is trying to answer your question.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 14, 2015, 03:19:53 AM
Hey, you looked up some words, too!  Good for you!  I knew you could do it (even if you didn't).  You should learn a few more and then get together with the lady and form a Scrabble team.  I'm so proud of you!  You defied the odds, and not look at you!  Gold star!  Well done!   ;D
Gassy Man = most boring poster ever on BellGab.

onan

Grassyman,

It seems apparent to me with your continued reiteration of the same points, you must feel the need to continue for some other piece of skin in the game. I got it, you think Heather doesn't meet the requirements, at least your requirements. I get that, I think most people get that. This forum will never be a consensus of agreement.

Yeah, none of us meet your skills in debate. I continue to be perplexed that you, apparently, believe that most of us are beneath your level of precise communication. I assume you think we will somehow become more enlightened with your presence. I guess that is a possibility. I admit I came off way too harsh with you with my first exchange. I don't find much regret, however, in rethinking my post.

So, you believe Heather isn't acceptable, as some others do as well. Now what?

Spinner

Good to have a central place to discuss on the show as hosted by Heather.
Gooooooo, Heather!

Praise MV!

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 14, 2015, 10:19:46 AM
Gassy Man = most boring poster ever on BellGab.
dammit , i was going for that title.

Tarbaby

Quote from: onan on December 14, 2015, 10:25:40 AM
Grassyman,

It seems apparent to me with your continued reiteration of the same points, you must feel the need to continue for some other piece of skin in the game. I got it, you think Heather doesn't meet the requirements, at least your requirements. I get that, I think most people get that. This forum will never be a consensus of agreement.

Yeah, none of us meet your skills in debate. I continue to be perplexed that you, apparently, believe that most of us are beneath your level of precise communication. I assume you think we will somehow become more enlightened with your presence. I guess that is a possibility. I admit I came off way too harsh with you with my first exchange. I don't find much regret, however, in rethinking my post.

So, you believe Heather isn't acceptable, as some others do as well. Now what?
well… For all we know is students may be preschoolers.
  aldous, I love you. I want to have your babies… When you're done with them of course.

BellBoy

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 14, 2015, 02:39:31 PM
well… For all we know is students may be preschoolers.
  aldous, I love you. I want to have your babies… When you're done with them of course.

heh! Seventh Grade Debate Team Coach. That sounds about right.

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 02:49:02 PM
heh! Seventh Grade Debate Team Coach. That sounds about right.
All foam and no beer.

kingotnw

People can defend her all they want, it's nice. But at the end of the day all that matters to 99.9% of MITD listeners is that she isn't Art Bell. That being said there's no point in being a complete asshole to her friends about her.

If she intends to do the show, she needs to drop Art's music. All of it. Particularly the closing song. That's Art's song.

Ciardelo

Quote from: kingotnw on December 14, 2015, 03:44:21 PM
People can defend her all they want, it's nice. But at the end of the day all that matters to 99.9% of MITD listeners is that she isn't Art Bell. That being said there's no point in being a complete asshole to her friends about her.

If she intends to do the show, she needs to drop Art's music. All of it. Particularly the closing song. That's Art's song.
I think one of the cost-cutting measures being considered is to go to less expensive music. That being said, the show title until she changes it to "Heather at the Handle" is "Midnight in the Desert."

Just guessing, it might stay with the show. I agree with you about that song being written for Art.  :)

stitchpuller

i'll keep my subscription. People like Heather made it possible for our collective fantasies of Bell returning possible. Just because shit turns, and our dream goes *poof* doesn't detract from those who made all this real. i support this to the bitter, bitter end. And, hell... if something grows from it, all the better.  - wanna take a ride? christ the driver just jumped out with no warning. i want to watch where it all goes.

Wintermute

Heather isn't Art Bell. Heather isn't a seasoned broadcaster, or at least doesn't act like one on air. Heather did have a very tough interviewee and bad situation on Friday night. Heather is coming in cold to a hot audience with little idea of what to do.

Now, here is the thing: If you don't like her, don't tune in.

Art Bell was never going to broadcast forever or even more more than 6 months continuously. It was never going to happen. Heather has stepped up and is going to try to do... whatever it is she's going to do... for at least 30 days. Hey, if she can pull it together, maybe she's got a show in her. If she can't at least she gave it what she could and got some experience.

Either way, slagging her isn't cool. And feeding FalkieTrolls will just get you trolled again.

GravitySucks

I would keep the Chase opening and the Crystal Gayle closing and Heather's choice in between. Art set up the show and passed it to Heather. She should be free to make the show her own and grow with it.

#HeatherWadeMatters

If you don't express undying love for her, you're a troll...

kingotnw

No way the radio affiliates are going to keep her. That's just reality. Moving on from that, speaking just about the podcast. She probably has about a week to grab people who are tuning in with the hope that Art either changes his mind or just shows up on the show. It's not for me, but I wish her all the best. In any other circumstance I would be in her corner. In this one, I'm just praying Art changes his mind.