• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Doesn't Suck As Much Anymore and Must Have a Secret Avatar!

Started by Jojo, January 29, 2018, 01:47:13 PM

George Noory Has Improved

Once (support your answer...)
2 (9.1%)
Twice
0 (0%)
Three times
1 (4.5%)
Over the last few years
0 (0%)
He no longer sucks!
2 (9.1%)
That is a fallacy
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Jojo

George Noory doesn't suck as much anymore.  He is kinder, gentler, less smug!

He admits his forked tongue!

He promotes people of both genders and all ages.

He's giving shows away on You Tube.

He challenges spurious claims, or responds with tongue-in-cheek "It could be..."

He made the docs say disclaimers.

He stopped his annual lashings of Linda over trivialities.

He no longer shames poor callers who drop off the line......when in actuality, they may have died or had to go to the hospital.  So, he has behaved more sensitively, asking them to call back.

He is the first to admit his fallible side, admitting burning his mouth, admitting tripping in the mud puddle, admitting getting locked out of the workroom...  He doesn't try to look perfect.

He just doesn't suck as much anymore.  Days and days go by, while the Sucks thread barely moves!

George Noory has listened to us!  Although not from his avatar, which logs barely any time online.  But obviously he has our pulse.  Could it be under a secret avatar?  I checked Emperor ones, yet they log no time either.  Is he hacking in from a back door?  Because he has definitely heard us and enhanced his skills, all while logging no time!  Uh-mazeen!

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 01:47:13 PM

He challenges spurious claims, or responds with tongue-in-cheek "It could be..."

He no longer shames poor callers who drop off the line......when in actuality, they may have died or had to go to the hospital.  So, he has behaved more sensitively, asking them to call back.

He is the first to admit his fallible side, admitting burning his mouth, admitting tripping in the mud puddle, admitting getting locked out of the workroom...  He doesn't try to look perfect.

He just doesn't suck as much anymore.  Days and days go by, while the Sucks thread barely moves!

George Noory has listened to us!  Although not from his avatar, which logs barely any time online.  But obviously he has our pulse.  Could it be under a secret avatar?  I checked Emperor ones, yet they log no time either.  Is he hacking in from a back door?  Because he has definitely heard us and enhanced his skills, all while logging no time!  Uh-mazeen!

The reason the GNS thread is slower is because fewer people are listening to him now.  His suckage knows no bounds.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 29, 2018, 01:50:47 PM
The reason the GNS thread is slower is because fewer people are listening to him now.  His suckage knows no bounds.

Even Norry’s suckage is bound by natural law. His suckage is not expanding as fast as the universe is, but only because the big U had a head start. 

Jojo

Seems like he has become nicer and less of a smart alec.
But, yeah, people are hovering for Heather!  I don't know much about it, but she is zoooooming!  And she did great in that debate against, uh who was it, Bateman?  He slung categorical generalities, yet she remained poised and stood her ground until he conked out!  Go, Heather!  Whoever you are!

Dr. MD MD

Great! He should run to be the Democratic nominee in 2020! :D

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
Great! He should run to be the Democratic nominee in 2020! :D
Libertarian?  And they want to cut food stamps as well as bailouts...  Because they say kind citizens will feed me!  I doubt it!  Would jobs pay more if bailouts stopped, though?
I think he likes broadcasting.
I feel sorry for our presidents.  I hear they are in endless meetings, no time for sex or sleep.  Then again, Trump seems to find plenty of golf time, or is that a rumour?

Gd5150

He’s been the regular host twice as long as Art Bell was. It’s astonishing he lasted this long. Even at the start when I found him to be tolerable, he was never good. Never someone I looked forward to hearing. Knapp is the only guy I’ve heard since that I look forward to listening to. Now it’s just AB reruns and a few Bigfoot podcasts because I enjoy the freaky campfire story aspect. There hasnt been a host like Art since.

It’s always amazed me with the number of hosts and podcasts no one has captured that feel of 1990s Art Bell.

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 29, 2018, 02:01:18 PM
He’s been the regular host twice as long as Art Bell was. It’s astonishing he lasted this long. Even at the start when I found him to be tolerable, he was never good. Never someone I looked forward to hearing. Knapp is the only guy I’ve heard since that I look forward to listening to. Now it’s just AB reruns and a few Bigfoot podcasts because I enjoy the freaky campfire story aspect. There hasnt been a host like Art since.

It’s always amazed me with the number of hosts and podcasts no one has captured that feel of 1990s Art Bell.
I'm sorry everyone lost Art Bell's touch.  I never knew his shows.  I spot checked a couple.  He seemed just as cocky as Dave, but that might have just been luck of the draw that day.

I know how you feel.  For several years, I had a couple absolutely great 12-step centers based in old houses, where I could go almost any day and find like-minded people and a supportive environment.  Then they both lost their leases, and everything go all broken up.  People stayed in touch, but we didn't have a gathering place.  A while later, I moved away anyhow.

Many other years, there was a great dance hall, where all my friends went almost nightly it seemed like.  I was young.  It just went on and on, good times forever and lots of exercise!  But, the owner eventually sold and for a while there was like a traveling group, but no home base.  My whole entertainment world died, but I was moving to another county anyway.

There have been a couple other lasting social hubs like that, but then things change.  I call it riding the wave.  You just hope the waves keep coming, and get all you can while the getting is good...  That really is all one can do.

I tried a more traditional form of dance, and of course there are the more established social orders, but these cost more.  The good times I referred to were better because they were nearly entirely free and commitment free.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 01:59:16 PM
Libertarian?  And they want to cut food stamps as well as bailouts...  Because they say kind citizens will feed me!  I doubt it!  Would jobs pay more if bailouts stopped, though?
I think he likes broadcasting.
I feel sorry for our presidents.  I hear they are in endless meetings, no time for sex or sleep.  Then again, Trump seems to find plenty of golf time, or is that a rumour?

Jojo, consuming MSM news is worse for you than eating the worst junk food. :o

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2018, 02:51:52 PM
Jojo, consuming MSM news is worse for you than eating the worst junk food. :o
Mr. Doctor,
Those statements are from the Libertarian website!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:53:58 PM
Mr. Doctor,
Those statements are from the Libertarian website!

Mr. or Dr. Pick one. ;)

Those are my words. I didn't cut and paste.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2018, 02:55:29 PM
Mr. or Dr. Pick one. ;)

Those are my words. I didn't cut and paste.
Says Doctor Medical Doctor Medical Doctor.....tee hee.

Any cures for bronchitis/sinusitis?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:58:12 PM
Says Doctor Medical Doctor Medical Doctor.....tee hee.

Any cures for bronchitis/sinusitis?

Sure. How much you got? :D

MAX

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 29, 2018, 02:01:18 PM

I don't get it really, just use your iPhone or computer and get the Paranormal Radio Appl,   it has about 49 radio shows to pick FROM , bunch of old Art Bell stuff as well and George and Heather if you really want them but  I listen to KGRA, TRF, FM FRINGE, DTRN, LNM , ETC. ETC.  GIVE IT A SHOT.

MAX

Quote from: MAX on January 29, 2018, 03:53:53 PM
I don't get it really, just use your iPhone or computer and get the Paranormal Radio Appl,   it has about 49 radio shows to pick FROM , bunch of old Art Bell stuff as well and George and Heather if you really want them but  I listen to KGRA, TRF, FM FRINGE, DTRN, LNM , ETC. ETC.  GIVE IT A SHOT.

PS Sorry had caps lock left on no shouting intended :-\

Dateline

I disagree, somethings are like daylight and dark, night and day, Norry just sucks.  I thing everyone is sick and tired of being sick and tired of suck.  Finally, you just throw in the mousetrap, eat the cheese and turn out the light.  I know that is what I have done.

Honestly, in a way I feel sorry for him. 

ItsOver

Plus, this is TrumpGab.  Folks come here and conclude this is the place where Pud comes on a daily basis to express his undying love for The Donald.

If you change your perspective and listen to the show as comedy, you will see that George is probably the second funniest man in radio(next to Karl Pilkington)

Robert

I checked "once" because there was a period ~ 2 yrs. ago when it seemed he had.  Might've been sampling error.  Whatever, he went back to (or continued) the same badness.

I don't mind smug.  It can even be a gimmick.
QuoteHe admits his forked tongue!

But I never thought those things important or bad, except for not challenging spurious claims.
QuoteHe is the first to admit his fallible side, admitting burning his mouth, admitting tripping in the mud puddle, admitting getting locked out of the workroom...  He doesn't try to look perfect.
I never thought he did.

But what I disliked was basically that he didn't seem to work hard at it, & probably wasn't really interested in the subject matter.
QuoteHe just doesn't suck as much anymore.  Days and days go by, while the Sucks thread barely moves!
That's interesting & may be significant.  But...
Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 29, 2018, 01:50:47 PMThe reason the GNS thread is slower is because fewer people are listening to him now.
That seems the likeliest explanation.  That plus that his show's gotten duller guests, or the same ones too much.
Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 01:47:13 PMGeorge Noory has listened to us!  Although not from his avatar, which logs barely any time online.  But obviously he has our pulse.  Could it be under a secret avatar?  I checked Emperor ones, yet they log no time either.  Is he hacking in from a back door?  Because he has definitely heard us and enhanced his skills, all while logging no time!  Uh-mazeen!
Interesting hypothesis.  Couldn't he lurk as "guest", not logged in?

Robert

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 29, 2018, 02:01:18 PMHe’s been the regular host twice as long as Art Bell was. It’s astonishing he lasted this long. Even at the start when I found him to be tolerable, he was never good. Never someone I looked forward to hearing.
It's not that hard on late night radio.  Look how long Larry King was on.  Larry King wasn't as bad as Noory, but he was a pretty dull interviewer; he just knew to stay out of the way as m.c.  Or look at that Nightcap guy before King.

Art Bell was an anomaly.  Jean Shepherd famously did overnights, but switched as soon as he could to shorter shows at more reasonable hours.  Same with Long John Nebel.

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 01:56:02 PM
Seems like he has become nicer and less of a smart alec.
But, yeah, people are hovering for Heather!  I don't know much about it, but she is zoooooming!  And she did great in that debate against, uh who was it, Bateman?  He slung categorical generalities, yet she remained poised and stood her ground until he conked out!  Go, Heather!  Whoever you are!

Seriously?  She sounded like a complete wacko to me, with poor Bateman wondering WTF and making very plausible comments about how their conversations had gone.

For you - and a few others here - to say she sounded like the reasonable one suggests there may be something to the suggestion all women are crazy

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 29, 2018, 05:06:26 PM
If you change your perspective and listen to the show as comedy, you will see that George is probably the second funniest man in radio(next to Karl Pilkington)
I have nearly expired in tears of laughter so many times!  One time, he did something so silly I literally ROFL for 45 minutes.  Sometimes my abs start to hurt from all the laughing.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on January 29, 2018, 06:23:50 PM
I checked "once" because there was a period ~ 2 yrs. ago when it seemed he had.  Might've been sampling error.  Whatever, he went back to (or continued) the same badness.
I don't mind smug.  It can even be a gimmick.But I never thought those things important or bad, except for not challenging spurious claims.I never thought he did.

But what I disliked was basically that he didn't seem to work hard at it, & probably wasn't really interested in the subject matter.That's interesting & may be significant.  But...That seems the likeliest explanation.  That plus that his show's gotten duller guests, or the same ones too much.Interesting hypothesis.  Couldn't he lurk as "guest", not logged in?
You don't mind smug?  Ok.
I agree, not all those  traits are  bad to me, but I listed the more common complaints.
And yeah, he sometimes shows a great improved change, but then he doesn't sustain it.  Gemini?
I think he works harder than people realize.  I think he relishes making things sound easy on radio, but if you go to the Coast Insiders video chat (about 12 very old videos), he looks absolutely haggard and ragged in person.  In most videos of him, his body language expresses weariness.  He just happens to have a decent voice and manages to sound simple.  That's just my opinion.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 29, 2018, 08:34:53 PM
Seriously?  She sounded like a complete wacko to me, with poor Bateman wondering WTF and making very plausible comments about how their conversations had gone.

For you - and a few others here - to say she sounded like the reasonable one suggests there may be something to the suggestion all women are crazy
Bateman gave almost no actual examples.  He merely painted her with a categorical broad brush.  I felt embarrassed for him.  Hard to believe they gave him that much air time for generalities.  He gave no constructive feedback.  I have cited this quality to support my opinion.

What quality in their debate supports your opinion?

bateman

That's because she is.

ItsOver

... - to say she sounded like the reasonable one suggests there may be something to the suggestion all women are crazy
Heh, heh, heh.  How about 90%. :)

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 02:13:49 AM
Bateman gave almost no actual examples.  He merely painted her with a categorical broad brush.  I felt embarrassed for him.  Hard to believe they gave him that much air time for generalities.  He gave no constructive feedback.  I have cited this quality to support my opinion.

What quality in their debate supports your opinion?

I cite the conversation.  He had clearly offered tons of help and support over time, and she turned into a complete lunatic.  If it was a fight, they would have stopped it.  Oh wait, they did.

Robert

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 01:48:42 AMYou don't mind smug?  Ok.
A smug emcee might be one I love to hate.  Howard A. Stern was smug, & good.

David Brudnoy I always liked, but then at one point he started to sound a bit mean, & my rxn was, "Good, he's developing a harder edge."  Later we found out that's when he was feeling sick from AIDS.

Brian Lehrer I always liked, but he too at a certain point changed his style (as well as a few other things about his show), developing a bit of snark, & I liked that too.
QuoteI agree, not all those  traits are  bad to me, but I listed the more common complaints.
But I thought the most common complaint about Noory was mine, i.e. that he sounded like he was not only not paying att'n to the people he interviewed or to phoners-in, but even to himself.  And that on the few occasions he felt like he had to "contribute", it was likely to be to the detriment of the show, by derailing good discussion.  The most reasonable explanation was not talentlessness but carelessness.
QuoteI think he works harder than people realize.  I think he relishes making things sound easy on radio, but if you go to the Coast Insiders video chat (about 12 very old videos), he looks absolutely haggard and ragged in person.  In most videos of him, his body language expresses weariness.
Which could mean he's already all washed up w/o even having touched the soap.  Maybe he's a low energy person, or ill,  or maybe he's expending his energy some other way.  He does not make things sound easy on radio, he makes it sound hard.
QuoteHe just happens to have a decent voice
That he does.  Better than merely decent IMO.  He should get more voice work.
Quoteand manages to sound simple.
Too often the wrong kind of "simple".