• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 12:20:32 AM
I think there may have been but I never followed it.  Seemed phony to me if I remember it correctly.  Too far-out.

Brazil https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antônio_Vilas_Boas

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:10:43 AM
Whitley has no idea what he believes. He said on Heater's show that he subjected himself to a polygraph test to make sure he wasn't lying to himself.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: El Chorro on May 16, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
Apparently Keith has been able to get her old numbers revoked. No more Art reading the numbers...

She "always has a backup plan"...repeat shows?

Ouch!

sydtron

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 12:10:17 AM
Oh, dude... take it easy.

Generic Kroger soda is the shit.

Fuck yes!!!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 17, 2018, 12:17:47 AM
Mike has got a great story about a grey alien that morphs into an owl while telepathically saying "Owl, Owl, Owl, Owl." Then the being runs off into the woods.
PLEASE ASK HIM ABOUT THIS ONE :) RADIO GOLD!!!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 16, 2018, 09:12:00 PM
- Good Dave sought our advice on the posture of the show:  escapist or investigatory, and was met with a host of contradictory opinions
- Good Dave was on Karen's show on KNYE for about half an hour; brig has audio
- Joe Montaldo's much-anticipated statement on Heater failed to meet expectations
- Heater is on tonite with the dude Good Dave kicked off the show last week.
Thx very much. What a soap opera.

HumanBeing

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 12:10:17 AM
Oh, dude... take it easy.

Generic Kroger soda is the shit.

;D

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:21:46 AM
That's the weird thing. When you leave North and South America and go into cultures where they haven't heard of abductions, the abductions don't seem to happen. Only when the mythos comes into the culture do abductions appear to occur. There's also shifts in how UFOs are perceived over time in the culture, they started as airships and then discs, then triangles and so on. Fraser Cain from Universe Today did a great video on that:

https://youtu.be/iwGJ44ywvpo

I've read stories from abductees who were in Australia, Russia and Europe.  They are not well-publicized but they are out there.

teknoslag

Quote from: dsz on May 17, 2018, 12:19:50 AM
If by shit you mean poison, then yes...

I was addicted to the big K canned sweet tea as a teenager. Not sure how I'm not dead.

Don't be throwin' graphs and edumacations. No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.

#BIGK4EVA

dsz

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 12:17:57 AM
Funny you posted that because I was looking for one out there on youtube. I figured there had to be some. I found nothing.

I have what may be one tiny lead, but otherwise also nada. She may have to beg, and I do mean BEG with a super capital B-E-G Ross Mitchell or JBW for a next best. Even then one wouldn't and the other wouldn't and would likely be contractually barred.

AstroBuzz

Question: The Mothman was said to look like a giant moth or OWL; does the guest think the Mothman events had something to do with alien contact?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 12:19:13 AM
HA! Can this insanity get any better?

It's surreal. We have two shows with the same name, one is better than it has been since Art left, and the other is so bad it makes Hoagland look like a computer genius.

painter17

‘Apparently Keith has been able to get her old numbers revoked. No more Art reading the numbers...
She "always has a backup plan"...repeat shows?’

Haaaaaaaaaa... suck it

dsz

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 12:24:42 AM
Don't be throwin' graphs and edumacations. No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.

#BIGK4EVA

Edumacation. You learnt that word from Heather Wade, didn't ya?

From the home of "Barrrney.. Whaats that noise?" (Betty to Barney Hill),
I'm more inclined to liquid tar-shoepolish-carpet tacks.
I dare you to drink it all:

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on May 17, 2018, 12:11:25 AM
My neighbor has a painting done by her aunt of an owl. I swear, you look at that owl and it's like looking at a grey. Hard to describe why but really gives that impression. I can't help but think it came from her subconscious. Creepy

Post a picture! Owls are creepy but also wise, in lore. And recall early electronic learning toy?m

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 12:20:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ58meXNBRE
Yes he is the 1st and one and only. Art even approved. Great show, he's a mad genius!!

dsz

Quote from: painter17 on May 17, 2018, 12:26:18 AM
‘Apparently Keith has been able to get her old numbers revoked. No more Art reading the numbers...
She "always has a backup plan"...repeat shows?’

Haaaaaaaaaa... suck it

I gave her an idea for a work-around to use Art's voice for new numbers, so you'll just have to suck mine and Heather's first.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:21:46 AM
That's the weird thing. When you leave North and South America and go into cultures where they haven't heard of abductions, the abductions don't seem to happen. Only when the mythos comes into the culture do abductions appear to occur. There's also shifts in how UFOs are perceived over time in the culture, they started as airships and then discs, then triangles and so on. Fraser Cain from Universe Today did a great video on that:

https://youtu.be/iwGJ44ywvpo

Maybe the aliens repress the memories and something in the television picture tubes started fucking up the memory repression when TVs became more common in the 60s. Remember how hard it was to do the vertical and horizontal hold?  Probably not. Whippersnappers.

Quoteit morphed into an owl while telepathically saying "Owl, Owl, Owl, Owl."

Vulture, Vulture, Vulture...

yoursongs

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 16, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
The Candy Man was a serial killer named Dean Corll that killed at least 28 boys and men between 1970 and 1973 before he was killed in Pasadena in August, 1973 by one of his charges. This was right after I graduated high school down here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

No, this was a different case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O%27Bryan

teknoslag

Quote from: dsz on May 17, 2018, 12:26:25 AM
Edumacation. You learnt that word from Heather Wade, didn't ya?

Wrong. I have 1 million diplomas from 110 universities. Something something dump button.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 12:24:22 AM
I've read stories from abductees who were in Australia, Russia and Europe.  They are not well-publicized but they are out there.

The question though comes from cultural impact. Betty and Barney Hill for example seemed to see something that aligned with sci fi of the period. But, Barney Hill did die of cancer and there were those radiation questions. At the same time, are the abductions in other countries different? Do they culturally align? I have a book of oddball accounts from the Roman Empire where augurs and mystics would write down bizarre occurrences happening in the Empire. There were talking cows, humans giving birth to chickens, meteorites falling from the sky and performing miracles, but no alien abductions. Why is that? It's a fascinating question, if from an anthropological perspective.

the cats are not what they seem.

Zenman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:26:13 AM
It's surreal. We have two shows with the same name, one is better than it has been since Art left, and the other is so bad it makes Hoagland look like a computer genius.

We could be witnessing the mitosis of parallel universes. Either that, or the prelim to annihilation.

GravitySucks

Quote from: yoursongs on May 17, 2018, 12:28:43 AM
No, this was a different case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O%27Bryan

Yeah I found that. I graduated HS up in Magnolia in 73 and had moved to join the air force by Oct 74 so I didn’t hear about it. I was probably in basic training when they arrested him. I live pretty close to Deer Park now. South down 146 on the other side of Clear Lake.