• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 05:57:08 PM
Sigh.

Hey, If it were possible, I'd pick bateman without having to think a moment about it.  That said, I appreciate Heather stepping up to the plate to try to fill the void, and wish her the best.

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 06:09:29 PM
Just curious why blackmail is worse than being shot at?

I never said it was.

trostol

Quote from: brig on December 11, 2015, 06:13:04 PM
Hey, If it were possible, I'd pick bateman without having to think a moment about it.  That said, I appreciate Heather stepping up to the plate to try to fill the void, and wish her the best.

yes..bateman should take over...some where nice and bright...

jazmunda

Quote from: weeberwubber on December 11, 2015, 06:00:26 PM
Also like you, I hope the BellPhiles continues with their own topics.

We intend to. The majority of our shows focuses on Art Bell topics and past & classic shows.

Art or nothing. That's just my opinion. I have nothing against her, however, I wont be listening.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 11, 2015, 01:25:06 PM
Are we totally sure that RoseGirl isn't really Leo Ashcraft? With a dick.

would someone please explain to me why i am laughing?  ;D

Coz

Hmm... should I cancel the subscription or hope for a miracle?

RoseGirl

What ever you need, Art...just let me know.

Claudius

Honestly no one should be surprised by this. I was expecting no more than a 6 month run before he threw it in. Also if some lone person (real or imagined by Art) can force him off the air, it's pretty clear that his heart is not really in it.

Cya!

EarthAlien007

Yes, Bateman.
But wait.... Art needs to come back. But if he needs time off, definitely Bateman.

norland2424

Quote from: Coz on December 11, 2015, 06:18:19 PM
Hmm... should I cancel the subscription or hope for a miracle?

I would wait it out at least until monday.

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 06:19:10 PM
Honestly no one should be surprised by this. I was expecting no more than a 6 month run before he threw it in. Also if some lone person (real or imagined by Art) can force him off the air, it's pretty clear that his heart is not really in it.

Cya!

Yup.

Dateline

Where is Dave when you need him to fill in?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 11, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
What ever you need, Art...just let me know.

This is the first time you actually made me laugh.

It's probably not the right time but I can't wait to see how Hoagland tries to jump off the sinking ship.

whoozit

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:14:21 PM
I never said it was.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:07:25 PM
Art is choosing to quit. Unless he's being blackmailed;(which I doubt) this is his choice.
I think that's a fair inference from the above statement.  Blackmail means he didn't have a choice but being shot at leaves him with a choice?  I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:21:04 PM
It's probably not the right time but I can't wait to see how Hoagland tries to jump off the sinking ship.

Or he ends up getting arts time slot lol.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 11, 2015, 06:22:36 PM
Or he ends up getting arts time slot lol.

Nah and even if he does, 99% of the audience will be gone by next Friday. I wonder how many panicked emails C2C is getting right now.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

He'll be crawling back to Noory like a bird on it's belly.

SnapT

I would like to see Hoagland get the time slot if Art doesn't return.

In Richard's old timeslot, give Andrew D. Basiago his own show.  The guy can talk!

Redacted can be Basiago's co-host.

Ms. C

Quote from: norland2424 on December 11, 2015, 06:19:48 PM
I would wait it out at least until monday.
Great idea!  Heather will take the show tonight, which gives Art , Keith and staff the weekend to brain storm, make decisions having more time ... And who knows, might find some alternatives that may include Art coming back after a bit, and perhaps Bateman, Heather  and a few other guests hosts during his leave. 

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 06:23:47 PM
Nah and even if he does, 99% of the audience will be gone by next Friday. I wonder how many panicked emails C2C is getting right now.

Do you really 80% of people who tuned in to arts show didn't switch it off when hoagland came on? Lol

Claudius

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 06:22:07 PM
I think that's a fair inference from the above statement.  Blackmail means he didn't have a choice but being shot at leaves him with a choice?  I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.

I think part of the reasoning is the fact that he didn't even know if he was being shot at, or if it was a "firecracker". Not to sound insensitive, because this must be terrible for his family, but he doesn't know if this was just some loser walking around or an actual stalker. Art has always been one to believe things because his gut tells him so, because they are spooky, or because he just wants to believe, and this may simply be one of those cases. 

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 06:16:43 PM
Art or nothing. That's just my opinion. I have nothing against her, however, I wont be listening.

I don't see the show moving forward with Heather in a long term capacity but for one night to let fans call in and express support, grief, anger, whatever - it might be interesting. If this is truly the end, then I'd prefer if Art would host one last time and gave a proper goodbye. Facebook messages just feels so impersonal.

Lilith

Quote from: SnapT on December 11, 2015, 06:24:55 PM
I would like to see Hoagland get the time slot if Art doesn't return.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 11, 2015, 06:26:02 PM
Do you really 80% of people who tuned in to arts show didn't switch it off when hoagland came on? Lol

Of course, but how many of those people would have even been there in the first place to turn Hoagland off without Art? ;D

Claudius

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 11, 2015, 06:26:47 PM
I don't see the show moving forward with Heather in a long term capacity but for one night to let fans call in and express support, grief, anger, whatever - it might be interesting. If this is truly the end, then I'd prefer if Art would host one last time and gave a proper goodbye. Facebook messages just feels so impersonal.

Agree. It is very much like his last exit, just gone with barely a goodbye to his fans who have helped him beyond a reasonable amount.

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 06:22:07 PM

Art knows for a fact that he will be harmed if he keeps broadcasting?

the_peeve

Hmm why can't people see that Heather is keeping the mic warm until Art gets back? Can we settle down a bit?