• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

mikuthing01

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 22, 2017, 05:15:44 PM
Living in the Midwest and being able to spend an afternoon in February soaking up sun and enjoying a bottle of wine and some snacks with a couple of pals. :D

Would be even more enjoyable with a Benjamin 392

Anonymity.  It is more crucial now that ever.

Take a long walk on a short pier, Michael Horn.

Ya bleeding ijit.   :D

Quote from: mikuthing01🕍✡️🕎 on February 22, 2017, 05:18:12 PM
Would be even more enjoyable with a Benjamin 392

Rabbit cookbook and a thousand rounds of .22 Hindenburgs with that, mikuthing01?

aldousburbank

The Armstrong and Getty show is imo the funniest show on radio. Various topics discussed daily including politics. They don't take calls but sometimes will share a listener's text if it's funny enough. I've texted them a few times recently and several of them were read on air. What brings me joy is hearing these dudes lol at my stupid comments since they crack me up every day. It's only fair.

http://kste.iheart.com/media/podcast-the-armstrong-and-getty-show-armandgettypodcast/

albrecht

Here in my tv market, for free over antenna, we have dueling "Columbo" with both MeTV and COZI TV showing "Columbo" episodes on Sunday night. Different start times, so over-lap, but different shows so you can choose!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2017, 06:56:25 PM
Here in my tv market, for free over antenna, we have dueling "Columbo" with both MeTV and COZI TV showing "Columbo" episodes on Sunday night. Different start times, so over-lap, but different shows so you can...
Ha!  Yep, have Columbo on now.  Just one more thing.  IO is out of BG for awhile. :)

Quote from: ItsOver on March 05, 2017, 07:09:05 PM
Ha!  Yep, have Columbo on now.  Just one more thing.  IO is out of BG for awhile. :)

Don't take any wooden nickels.  And stay away from Morningside.  There's something going on up there!

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 05, 2017, 07:56:16 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels.  And stay away from Morningside.  There's something going on up there!
Cam!  How fortuitous.  I just flipped to Comet, after Columbo.  Just in time to catch the closing credits for MST3K "Manos, The Hand of Fate." Best of all, though, was catching the classic skit of "Torgo's Pizza." "Hey...the pizza is still warm...bleeeeck!"

In some universe, in some other timeline, Colombo is cruising in his Peugeot up the driveway to Morningside, to question The Tall Man.  Somehow, he ends up following a sign marked "Valley Looge," only to be welcomed by someone named Torgo.  The Master, who is really The Prisoner, would be most pleased.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 05, 2017, 09:24:25 PM
Cam!  How fortuitous.  I just flipped to Comet, after Columbo.  Just in time to catch the closing credits for MST3K "Manos, The Hand of Fate." Best of all, though, was catching the classic skit of "Torgo's Pizza." "Hey...the pizza is still warm...bleeeeck!"

In some universe, in some other timeline, Colombo is cruising in his Peugeot up the driveway to Morningside, to question The Tall Man.  Somehow, he ends up following a sign marked "Valley Looge," only to be welcomed by someone named Torgo.  The Master, who is really The Prisoner, would be most pleased.

:) You didn't stick around for a "Kolchak" episode on MeTV?  :o (Unfortunately I don't get "Comet TV.")

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2017, 09:29:12 PM
  :) You didn't stick around for a "Kolchak" episode on MeTV?  :o (Unfortunately I don't get "Comet TV.")
What?  And miss MST3Ks "Teenagers
from Outer Space?" :))

"Soon, this planet will be covered with full grown Gargon!"

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 05, 2017, 09:37:47 PM
What?  And miss MST3Ks "Teenagers
from Outer Space?" :))

"Soon, this planet will be covered with full grown Gargon!"

But you miss Kolchak investigating and finding an Indian priest "Rolling Thunder*" to solve the crime of the shape-shifting gem-stealing phenomena!

* "Rolling Thunder" is actually another good movie to watch starring William DeVane. (You can see him now in various "Jesse Stone" movies and he will sell you gold/silver for your retirement and protect you against the stockmarket and/or Obama.) I forget what Tommy Lee Jones is selling these days but he did cause me to watch an awful movie called "Man of the House" some years ago. Only because it featured him at my Alma Mater having to go undercover and be the House Mother of a sorority. It was atrocious. And not even worthy of a 'bad movie' or even T&A movie like a Joe Bob Brigg's recommendation.

Daggit

Handing my grandkids back to their parents after a weekend of playing babysitter.

ponyboysunset

Getting my first upper right quote! Squeal. It's been five long years but I finally did it!
Praise MV and the upper right corner Gods!!! :)

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 01, 2017, 01:10:51 PM
Getting my first upper right quote! Squeal. It's been five long years but I finally did it!
Praise MV and the upper right corner Gods!!! :)

whoozit

Two top rights in a row.  Perhaps I should play the lottery today.

ponyboysunset

Upgraded from my crappy Squire P-Bass to a Peavey Pro Forum BAss from the 90s. Plays like a dream. This one looks just like mine. I will take a few pics and upload them later.
;D

Up All Night

Arguments between Van Halen and Van Hagar fans...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on August 05, 2017, 10:27:48 PM
Arguments between Van Halen and Van Hagar fans...

I don't mind the Van Hagar version and saw them in concert but I just think it was more kick ass rock and roll with Roth. I like Sammy best in Montrose and his solo stuff.

Up All Night

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 05, 2017, 10:58:21 PM
I don't mind the Van Hagar version and saw them in concert but I just think it was more kick ass rock and roll with Roth. I like Sammy best in Montrose and his solo stuff.

I saw Roth with VH from 1978-1984.
I am a fan of the Red Rocker.
But, I never owned or went to a VanHagar concert. I though it was to pedestrian, too cheesy, for my tastes.

ZaZa

"Things that bring me joy...."

Every time that f*cker MV banns me.
Feels so liberating....

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on August 06, 2017, 01:17:45 AM
I saw Roth with VH from 1978-1984.
I am a fan of the Red Rocker.
But, I never owned or went to a VanHagar concert. I though it was to pedestrian, too cheesy, for my tastes.

You're so lucky! I wish I had seen them back then. I'll admit that version of the band was a bit cheesy. I blame that on the 80s. My absolute favorite Sammy is still that first Montrose album. It rocks from start to finish with not a bad track on it. All kill, no fill.  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on August 06, 2017, 03:06:38 AM
Is it seven or elven>?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_NfJRLT8NY

7. The music is very good but the vox could be a bit more countrified. If you're looking for some hipster doofus country though it's not bad. I may give it another listen.

ZaZa

Quote from: ZaZa on August 06, 2017, 01:21:58 AM
"Things that bring me joy...."

Every time that f*cker MV banns me.
Feels so liberating....