• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2016, 01:26:14 PM
College football
"Thuh trooth!"  Fall and college football.  Labor Day weekend was fantastic.  Houston upsets OU, The Badgers outlast LSU at Lambeau, South Alabama takes down MSU, UT pounds on Notre Dame on a Sunday night game, FSU roars back after being down bigtime to take Ole Miss on Monday night.  Bring it!  ;D

Seeing the name "Frank Satenstein" at the end of an episode of The Honeymooners.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 11, 2016, 08:54:53 PM
Seeing the name "Frank Satenstein" at the end of an episode of The Honeymooners.

I'm partial to Paddy Fitz and Alan Smithee, who I believe was involved in a torrid romance with Georgina Spelvin for several years.

whoozit

Screwed with a pollster today and told them I was voting for Giant Meteor in the coming presidential election.

Holy Ghosts

Things that bring me joy: my recent discovery of the man-eating cats who live in the graveyard.

In this cemetery of Coyoacán, Mexico City, dozens of cats stand sentinel at the gates. Sitting in silence, barely moving, never crying.
They sit and they stare. Waiting for someone...or something. Are they here to keep someone from coming in...or from getting out?
One fact cannot be avoided - these cats eat the graveyard rats. The rats...well, you can imagine what they eat. Thus, these are cats that, indirectly, survive by consuming human flesh.
Check out my wee blog post on it for photos.

http://donguero.blogspot.mx/2016/09/los-gatos-del-cementerio-cemetery-cats.html?m=1

Alyson Hannigan in a clingy dress hosting Penn & Teller: Fool Us.  She kills.

pate

The realiaNation that Futbol 'n' football are both gay in diff'rent smoking gunz waize/maze, j'huh...

Rugby is Manly, Art.

#BallGrabe

TigerLily

Quote from: pate on September 17, 2016, 12:25:31 AM
The realiaNation that Futbol 'n' football are both gay in diff'rent smoking gunz waize/maze, j'huh...

Rugby is Manly, Art.

#BallGrabe

Smoke n gunz oar tite nns ... halve a ball of the foot. 'tis the seezining of joy  bee gay

akwilly

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2016, 12:49:48 AM
  Smoke n gunz oar tite nns ... halve a ball of the foot. 'tis the seezining of joy  bee gay
Oh my

TigerLily

You don't like my attempt at patenese? 

akwilly

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2016, 01:53:04 AM
You don't like my attempt at patenese?
It was perfect but I fear it is a slippery slope. Patenese is a gateway drug to crazy town lol

TigerLily

It does take a certain amount of mind warping. But there are a lot of shiny objects and liquid music to explore ... You're right. I'll be careful  ;)

ItsOver

Ha!  Just how the hell do you cover a guy when he can catch a football like this?

http://youtu.be/n9_XRFiEYHw

TigerLily

Football is so wonderful. A combination of military strategy, the beauty and grace of ballet and MMA worthy mayhem. The whole season stretches out before us and anything is possible  :) :) :)

http://longleafpine.org/about-the-film/

I just finished watching Secrets of the Longleaf Pine and was delighted to learn of the raise and release program for the Eastern Indigo Snake in relation to the Longleaf Pine forest ecosystem preservation project.

The Eastern Indigo is in my top ten list of favorite snakes.  The rest of the film was just as interesting, but the snake information was what effectively coiled around my black indigo heart.

(The website is non-current and speaks of the film as if it is in production.)

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on September 18, 2016, 10:32:03 AM
Football is so wonderful. A combination of military strategy, the beauty and grace of ballet and MMA worthy mayhem. The whole season stretches out before us and anything is possible  :) :) :)
Great description, TL.  College football blows me away.  The pros?  I'm not sure what happened but just not the same for me. 

onan

Quote from: akwilly on September 17, 2016, 01:56:24 AM
It was perfect but I fear it is a slippery slope. Patenese is a gateway drug to crazy town lol

Pate is a creative genius, slowly presenting and patiently waiting for others to appreciate his style of communication/persuasion.

I wonder sometimes if he uses ECT to set the mood. Either way, his puzzled prose always promotes a smile or smirk.

Quote from: TigerLily on September 18, 2016, 10:32:03 AM

You just like the guys in the tight pants. :P

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 18, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
... I just finished watching Secrets of the Longleaf Pine and was delighted to learn of the raise and release program for the Eastern Indigo Snake...

Black snake's lives matter

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on September 18, 2016, 05:15:25 PM
Lightning bugs.  :)

Same here. Since we've had an oddly wet summer there are a lot more of them out these evenings. Sure, the rain brought us flooding and more mosquitoes, carrying everything from Zika to Dengue Fever, but, on the positive side, more lightning bugs. A few months ago I looked out through the picture window to an area in the yard that is forested and always, even in drought years, has some seeping spring and canyon goes down to the creek and it was pitch-black out and I had the  lights off in the room and it looked like something out of a C2C-style movie. Like hundreds of "orbs" flying and blinking around. It was pretty awesome unfortunately no idea how to capture such on a camera.

Quote from: onan on September 18, 2016, 02:43:42 PM

Pate is a creative genius, slowly presenting and patiently waiting for others to appreciate his style of communication/persuasion.

I wonder sometimes if he uses ECT to set the mood. Either way, his puzzled prose always promotes a smile or smirk.

I'm a phan of his faux nettix.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 19, 2016, 11:48:52 PM

This is the voice of world control. I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content. Or the peace of unburied death. The choice is yours. Obey me and live, or disobey and die.