• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Caruthers612

Harry Styles, he of One Direction fame, losing his hair. This thought, I'll admit, gives me a moment of pure schadenfreude.

Eddie Coyle

If I may be so bold...(1) a tight pussy (2) loose shoes (3) a warm place to shit.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 24, 2015, 08:13:56 PM
   If I may be so bold...(1) a tight pussy (2) loose shoes (3) a warm place to shit.
Well, two out of three ain't bad.  ::)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 24, 2015, 08:18:02 PM
Well, two out of three ain't bad.  ::)

I'd be happy to be hitting .333 at this point.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 24, 2015, 08:13:56 PM

Ah, the simple life.
Might I add the word 'young' to your list?
I do so hate old shoes.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 24, 2015, 11:58:09 PM
Ah, the simple life.
Might I add the word 'young' to your list?
I do so hate old shoes.

I would say young would possibly be redundant, then I think back and judging from my own experiences it's certainly not.

Pack rat instincts basically make me keep all old shoes and sneakers...but before I die I plan to put notes in each pair saying "victim one" "victim eight" "victim thirty three".

analog kid

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

BobGrau

Quote from: analog kid on October 25, 2015, 03:48:18 AM
The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

A damp toilet seat? Wait, wrong thread.

BobGrau

My current avatar brings me joy.

Dark Shadows all weekend on Decades TV network

Jägermeister

Taking a micro-shot of Jägermeister from an antique Communion glass every time I see Barnabas Collins bare his fangs.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 31, 2015, 04:59:44 AM
Dark Shadows all weekend on Decades TV network

Jägermeister

Taking a micro-shot of Jägermeister from an antique Communion glass every time I see Barnabas Collins bare his fangs.

Again, we so need that Like feature on this site.

Quote from: Caruthers612 on October 31, 2015, 04:27:18 PM
           Again, we so need that Like feature on this site.

Thanks, Caruthers. Long time no see. Very long time.

That previous image of the Communion glass looks so much like a full-sized shot glass that I am compelled to post a second photo illustrating scale via a one penny coin, proving how one can drink so many, many micro shots over the weekend and still coherently enjoy the Dark Shadows episodes. To avoid spillage, I avoid filling the glass, going only one half or two thirds per pour. The idea is to percolate through the neurons as long as possible.  So far so good.

To be honest, I don't always wait for the fangs to gleam. They don't bite as often as a "drinking game" would like, given the celebratory nature of the weekend, so sometimes I automatically pour merely when Frid appears, fangs or no.

It's good to see you.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 31, 2015, 10:24:32 PM
Thanks, Caruthers. Long time no see. Very long time.

That previous image of the Communion glass looks so much like a full-sized shot glass that I am compelled to post a second photo illustrating scale via a one penny coin, proving how one can drink so many, many micro shots over the weekend and still coherently enjoy the Dark Shadows episodes. To avoid spillage, I avoid filling the glass, going only one half or two thirds per pour. The idea is to percolate through the neurons as long as possible.  So far so good.

To be honest, I don't always wait for the fangs to gleam. They don't bite as often as a "drinking game" would like, given the celebratory nature of the weekend, so sometimes I automatically pour merely when Frid appears, fangs or no.

It's good to see you.

Thank you, the feeling is mutual. Your notably high intelligence and superlative wit were always a standout. Perhaps we should take these feelings of mutual admiration to their next logical stage and book some private time at a bath house. Very private.  :o
          Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I too engage in a drinking game of sorts. It's called tea and one can consume it without let or hindrance. Providing there's a loo on the premises.

seeing Cam on bellgab brings me much joy

welcome back

Quote from: ASC on November 01, 2015, 12:53:35 AM
seeing Cam on bellgab brings me much joy

welcome back

Greetings and salutations, ASC, and thanks.  I hope you and your family had a prosperous night of trick or treating, or pulling pranks, or whatever shenanigans you chose to enjoy in general.

It appears BellGab is firing on all cylinders (including one apparently amorous Caruthers, whom I suspect is partaking of more than tea, despite his claiming otherwise) and that MITD is progressing as planned, never mind the Leo/Art duel.

I am more than a little late to that ...  (cough) ...  potential ~Arbitronic standoff~. 

It will take quite some time for me to listen to the MITD episodes I missed, but I'm looking forward to catching up...  Making me the Catcher in the Nye. 

Painful puns near the witching hour.  Can't be helped.  Heh.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 01, 2015, 01:59:06 AMIt will take quite some time for me to listen to the MITD episodes I missed, but I'm looking forward to catching up...  Making me the Catcher in the Nye.

<cough, sputter> I am caught between green envy that you beat me to that one, and a need to list for you the visceral punishments awaiting you in the ninth ring.

Eddie Coyle

Chipotle getting hit with an E. coli outbreak. The devastation of self righteous hipsters thinking their precious junk food vomitorium was immune to such things.

Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates in Bates Motel.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 06, 2015, 06:07:56 PM
Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates in Bates Motel.

Vera Farmiga was an absolutely breathtaking woman in her youth. <cough>

whoozit

My second job.  Flying a blimp sure beats coding life insurance calculations.  Too bad it doesn't pay as well.

Buying an ancient Timex watch today at a garage sale for one dollar.

It looks like a leftover prop from the filming of The Gauntlet.

I love it.

But there are potential dangers.

Being involuntarily adept at psychometry, I expect significant changes in my behavior and personality in the next several hours/days as I wear it.

The induction is inevitable, which is part of the (c)harm.

Already, I'm talking about "the goons on the dock," and "my crummy life," while craving spaghetti "made like we had in the Old Country."  And I need a decent Bordeaux with that.

Pretty good entertainment for a buck.

If I don't kill some no good rat bastard and then get sent up for only doing what was right in the first place.

Holy shit, I had no idea I could get $1 apiece for my old watches.   Does it run?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2015, 09:21:47 PM
Holy shit, I had no idea I could get $1 apiece for my old watches. Does it run?

You bet your bippy it runs.   Not that it matters.  What matters is that it's helping me think about what's really important: my station in this crummy life and what needs to be done to set things straight once and for all. I'm not jacking around this time.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 14, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

I love it.

Never get out of the bus!

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 14, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

I love it.

Being involuntarily adept at psychometry, I expect significant changes in my behavior and personality in the next several hours/days as I wear it.

The induction is inevitable, which is part of the (c)harm.

Already, I'm talking about "the goons on the dock," and "my crummy life," while craving spaghetti "made like we had in the Old Country."  And I need a decent Bordeaux with that.

Pretty good entertainment for a buck.

If I don't kill some no good rat bastard and then get sent up for only doing what was right in the first place.
Sounds like more fun than chasing torsion fields.

Eddie Coyle

Rhonda Rousey getting knocked out tonight. Soon to relegated to "what ever happened to?' status, with a spread in Hustler by 2018.

*Not that I watched it. Last fight I saw was when McBride beat Tyson. And I only watched that because I have family who know McBride. Boxing sucks. Horrible sport with worse people. It's proscription can't come soon enough.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2015, 12:18:49 AM
  Rhonda Rousey getting knocked out tonight. Soon to relegated to "what ever happened to?' status, with a spread in Hustler by 2018.

*Not that I watched it. Last fight I saw was when McBride beat Tyson. And I only watched that because I have family who know McBride. Boxing sucks. Horrible sport with worse people. It's proscription can't come soon enough.

Boxing, the first reality TV.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2015, 12:18:49 AM

I hear she is being a somewhat less than gracious loser of the event.  I expected more from a person whose initials sound like the coat of arms for a cattle ranch, whereas, the victor's initials sound like a schizoid place to land helicopters.

The last fight I saw was ROCKY BALBOA. But the last REAL fight I saw was Elvis Presley in Kid Galahad.

I defy anyone to prove Elvis didn't deal out some real, retina-detaching choreography.  The King of Sing. The King of the Ring.

The Hound Dog of Hell.

The last four minutes of the Tampa Bay vs. Dallas Cowboys game.

Maybe, MAYBE, sports announcers will finally stop claiming "the Cowboys still have a chance to go to the Super Bowl, because when Tony Romo comes back... and if they win every single game from here on... and if so and so loses the next five games..."

You're being ridiculous.  You sound like a carny barker selling tickets.

Just stop it.  Please.

I would sooner believe in the living Moon Girl.