• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2017, 02:23:01 PM
The awesome thing about Art's defenders is they end up rekindling the discussion of the whole Art Bell Stalker/Shooter story.  No matter who makes what clever comment, he must be delighted with their efforts. 

It's one of the great flops by a celebrity in our time, and probably should memorialized with it's own movie.

I think he likes the idea of having a show, but is tired of having a nightly parade of frauds on that he feels he has to pretend to take seriously.  But like a type-cast actor, he's stuck with ''the paranormal'', and doesn't want to do it anymore.

Art's show was never just a paranormal show. He was just one of the first to take the topic mainstream and so will be forever associated with it. At least he did it well.  ;)

Damn that pesky stalker!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on April 25, 2017, 02:39:14 PM
Damn that pesky stalker!

Can we just call him George Noory now? Is it still too soon?  ???

Kolchak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2017, 02:23:01 PM
I think he likes the idea of having a show, but is tired of having a nightly parade of frauds on that he feels he has to pretend to take seriously.  But like a type-cast actor, he's stuck with ''the paranormal'', and doesn't want to do it anymore.

He clearly mostly cares more about politics than the other worldly these days (though, some might argue they're the same). When he chimes in on Facebook, it's inevitably political. But I'd subscribe just to hear his take on current events. He could throw in a show about shadow people once and a while. I'd be happy.

Whatever happened to that Alongsidenight guy who lived in the same town as Art and had the competitive podcast with the guy who used to host the news segment. That was sketchy.

Kolchak

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on April 25, 2017, 05:27:19 PM
Whatever happened to that Alongsidenight guy who lived in the same town as Art and had the competitive podcast with the guy who used to host the news segment. That was sketchy.

He's still trying to get those quarters for the claw machine in front of the carts at Wal Mart.

whoozit

I love when he said the shittiness of his show was due to J. Neil Schuman.

Quote from: Kolchak on April 25, 2017, 05:25:26 PM
He clearly mostly cares more about politics than the other worldly these days (though, some might argue they're the same). When he chimes in on Facebook, it's inevitably political. But I'd subscribe just to hear his take on current events. He could throw in a show about shadow people once and a while. I'd be happy.

Whatever insight he had, if any, is long gone.  This is a supposed Libertarian who supported Barock Obama (!) in 2008, then chose Donald Trump from the 18 or so people running in the D & R primaries last time around.  I personally have zero interest in hearing more on politics (or anything else) from Art Bell.

someguy

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2017, 07:22:00 PM
Whatever insight he had, if any, is long gone.  This is a supposed Libertarian who supported Barock Obama (!) in 2008, then chose Donald Trump from the 18 or so people running in the D & R primaries last time around.  I personally have zero interest in hearing more on politics (or anything else) from Art Bell.

I don't want to hear your shitty politics and yet here you are, endlessly whining

someguy

I like to come check this site every so often, and every time I come check it's literal racists, and now it's literal racist anime pedophiles. all of them throwing little shit fits everywhere

Quote from: someguy on April 25, 2017, 07:34:39 PM
I don't want to hear your shitty politics...

And yet here you are, endlessly whining.  Who knows, maybe something will sink in for you.

someguy

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2017, 08:06:43 PM
And yet here you are, endlessly whining.  Who knows, maybe something will sink in for you.

are you a fucking parrot

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

Alongside night guy. He had a movie, a book, wanted a tv show, etc. He was so proud he got TVs Hercules to be in the movie.

Lives in Same town as Art. During the time him and Leo were feuding with Art and launching competitive show.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on April 25, 2017, 09:48:02 PM
Alongside night guy. He had a movie, a book, wanted a tv show, etc. He was so proud he got TVs Hercules to be in the movie.

Lives in Same town as Art. During the time him and Leo were feuding with Art and launching competitive show.

Oh that was one of my favorite short-lived eras on bellgab.  That guy and Leo, "a long-sighed knight".

3OctaveFart

Bell laced into Clinton pretty regularly when he was president. I can't believe he was even on the fence about Hillary.

Here's an idea: If you're libertarian, don't just wear the fig leaf and maybe actually fucking vote for the independent.

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 24, 2017, 09:17:36 PM
Well that kind of killed the flurry of activity on the Art Bell thread.

Congrats Miku!
THAT is why he is Bellgabber of the year!  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: someguy on April 25, 2017, 07:38:51 PM
now it's literal racist anime pedophiles. all of them throwing little shit fits everywhere

Kolchak

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

Don't say his name twice more or you will summon him via google alert.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 24, 2017, 03:02:03 PM
Oh MV...how ya doing? Good, good...glad to hear it. Spending all that BellaThon loot wisely, I hope? Nice begging....or, I mean...charity show, by the way.

k...if only I could tell you the real back story on that wrangling thing, and a few more facts about large contracts and how they fared, I think you would probably lose you little 'ratty patty' cookies.

Now piss off, ya little amateur. Go play with your diapers.

i said it once.  guess i have to keep repeating:  i would never sign in to a separate account to point out what a miserable, insufferable cunt bag you are.  go stroke out.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Σ> on April 26, 2017, 11:42:01 PM
i said it once.  guess i have to keep repeating:  i would never sign in to a separate account to point out what a miserable, insufferable cunt bag you are.  go stroke out.

Hey....didn't you say 'nothing is off limits if you are trying to be funny', or something to that effect. So, what's your problem?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 24, 2017, 07:41:41 PM
No one makes bundt cakes anymore, which is sad.  No other cake has such a tasty crust.  My mom always used to make the one on the solo almond filling can, which is great, but I've been looking everywhere for a pineapple-coconut recipe that uses Coco Lopez and pineapple tidbits â€" had it at a church potluck and it was so stinking good.

I love bundt cake.

Innerreach

Just thinking of you Art, and wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers, cherished, missed, and loved.

zeebo

Only bobo can save this thread now.

Quote from: zeebo on April 27, 2017, 12:46:01 AM
Only bobo can save this thread now.

You'll find bobo in a shallow grave at the southern end of Art's property. Not saying I know who shot him but  I might divulge that.  I've got to talk with Art first.  I'm flying to Pahrump Saturday morning and I'll let you know what Art says.  I'm sure we can come to some agreement.  :P

zeebo

^^ He's gonna miss the meeting.   :'(

coaster

Quote from: sillydog on April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM
He doesn't care about Hollywood, he wants to know about physics and the big questions.  What made the show great is to contemplate some very weird stuff that was a tangent from something that you needed a few brain cells to rub together to get.  I mean, he has all kinds of scientists on and it's not boring.  Only Art could do that.

With some actual opinions of his own and some very sensible rules for good radio conduct, he presided over an orderly nut house.  Like a really good party that hovers right on the edge of chaos, but no one ever has to call the cops.

He travelled, he lived and he loved.  Only interesting people can do interesting radio.  Hence, the Noory problem.
Only Art could do that.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 27, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
You'll find bobo in a shallow grave at the southern end of Art's property. Not saying I know who shot him but  I might divulge that.  I've got to talk with Art first.  I'm flying to Pahrump Saturday morning and I'll let you know what Art says.  I'm sure we can come to some agreement.  :P
Heh...     heh...     heh.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Innerreach on April 27, 2017, 12:25:37 AM
Just thinking of you Art, and wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers, cherished, missed, and loved.

Yeah, but I'd still like to buy my SiriusXM table radio and my CCrane internet radio.  Both in almost new condition.