• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

El Paso Shootings

Started by albrecht, August 03, 2019, 01:26:51 PM

albrecht

"situation developing." Sad. As per normal sources are all over the place from 18 injured to 18 dead. Accounts vary from one shooter to multiple shooters. From one in custody to three in custody. And commentary about how surveillance could be better by tracking all cars and people in real time (this one from CBS.) And the obvious anti-gun agenda but the politician, Rep Blanco interviewed said "focus on the families first and resolve this scenario." Beto was in Las Vegas and commented his thoughts "he is headed home." 

"UPDATE: 1:06 p.m. â€" An officers on the scene tell KTSM that 18 people are dead at the scene. An updated number of injured has not been given by EPPD.  We are waiting to confirm from an El Paso Police spokesperson."UPDATE: 12:46 p.m. El Paso Mayor Dee Margo confirms to KTSM that there are multiple fatalities involved in today’s shooting at Walmart. Margo says that three suspects believed to be involved were taken into custody. El Paso Police are expected to give a press conference within the hour. "

Now they are saying one in custody and no more threats.  No descriptions of the suspect shooter(s) so far except a male. And still not sure if other perps.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/
Press conference with no motives, information about the weapon, about the shooter in custody, or health of victims.

As expected: lots of conflicting information. Mayor claims 3 in custody. Police says 1. "A fluid situation" and also whether there were multiple shooting locations? Reporters aren't helping a chaotic situation.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 03, 2019, 01:26:51 PM
lots of conflicting information

One person starts shooting, two people shoot back, all three taken into custody, two vigilant citizens released, one perp detained. Doesn't seem conflicting at all. It's Texas.

artbell_ghost

Quote from: Jackstar on August 03, 2019, 02:12:49 PM
One person starts shooting, two people shoot back, all three taken into custody, two vigilant citizens released, one perp detained. Doesn't seem conflicting at all. It's Texas.

things are bigger there according to popular culture

Juan

Where was the CIA agent? You know one was there.

starramus

Many lunch menus contain the soup du jour. In amerikkka we have the shooting du jour! You want your fucking guns so bad. Enjoy them!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on August 03, 2019, 04:14:19 PM
Many lunch menus contain the soup du jour. In amerikkka we have the shooting du jour! You want your fucking guns so bad. Enjoy them!

Name the shootings that happened on every other day. ???

Kidnostad3

The coward dropped his weapon immediately upon being confronted by police with guns.  One or two armed citizens might have minimized or even prevented the carnage.  Banning guns would be as effective as banning alcohol was.  A mandatory death penalty for such acts would be a step in the right direction. 

WildCard

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 03, 2019, 04:34:19 PM
The coward dropped his weapon immediately upon being confronted by police with guns.  One or two armed citizens might have minimized or even prevented the carnage.  Banning guns would be as effective as banning alcohol was.  A mandatory death penalty for such acts would be a step in the right direction.

TX. is open carry.

Someone need's to do something about these antifa thugs.
This violence against Trump supporters is getting out of hand.

Asuka Langley

MV/Liberace!

amerikkka

Oh kewl! You come up with that? Rad.

I've also seen people type Microsoft like this: Micro$oft

Fuckin' badass.

pate

the "amerikkka" guy probably is posting using a crApple product...

starramus

Youse gyzz all read the Times don't ya? You need to get your right wing arses out of the sack!

Add nytdirect@nytimes.com to your address book.
The New York Times
Breaking News Alert
August 04, 2019
NYTimes.com »

BREAKING NEWS
At least nine people were killed and 16 others wounded in a shooting in Ohio. It was the second mass shooting in the U.S. in less than 24 hours.
Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:48 AM EST

The Dayton Police Department said that officers were “in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly.”

The police said the gunman had also died.

shooting da jour in less than 24 hours.

starramus

Quote from: Liberace! on August 03, 2019, 06:05:23 PM

Fuckin' badass.

I'd use three swastikas for the ks, but i can't find them on the keyboard.

[attachment=1]

starramus

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 03, 2019, 04:34:19 PM

[attachment=1]

Here they came to save the day! Two armed citizens did return his fire, but the incompetent clowns missed!

starramus

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-active-shooter/index.html

Says he wore full body armor. He must have seen one of the three movies.  [attachment=1,msg1344714] a double macchiato with "extra foam"!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on August 04, 2019, 05:04:08 AM
Youse gyzz all read the Times don't ya? You need to get your right wing arses out of the sack!

Add nytdirect@nytimes.com to your address book.
The New York Times
Breaking News Alert
August 04, 2019
NYTimes.com »

BREAKING NEWS
At least nine people were killed and 16 others wounded in a shooting in Ohio. It was the second mass shooting in the U.S. in less than 24 hours.
Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:48 AM EST

The Dayton Police Department said that officers were “in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly.”

The police said the gunman had also died.

shooting da jour in less than 24 hours.

The Times is pure left-wing propaganda. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on August 04, 2019, 05:27:32 AM
[attachment=1,msg1344704]

Here they came to save the day! Two armed citizens did return his fire, but the incompetent clowns missed!

At least they tried...unlike that cop in the Florida school shooting who justblet it happen.

DanTSX

Manifesto seems to be contrived.  Missing key elements of 8ch alt right subjects.  IMO of course.   Keep digging anons.  Gut feeling is that this guy is LARPing as a trump supporter.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on August 03, 2019, 06:05:23 PM

Fuckin' badass.

LUL

Uncle Duke

Not all guns are created equal. Tough to go up against someone with a rifle if you are armed with a handgun, you're outgunned/outranged.  Assuming the bad guy knows how to use the rifle, going toe-to-toe with him with a handgun is a last resort.  If you can't escape, the best thing to do get behind some cover and wait for the guy to get close enough where you have an effective shot.  If you can shoot the guy in the back, so much the better.

ItsOver

"Meet the hero soldier who saved children's lives during the El Paso Walmart shooting"

https://taskandpurpose.com/el-paso-shooting-glendon-oakley

DanTSX

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 04, 2019, 08:42:46 AM
Not all guns are created equal. Tough to go up against someone with a rifle if you are armed with a handgun, you're outgunned/outranged.  Assuming the bad guy knows how to use the rifle, going toe-to-toe with him with a handgun is a last resort.  If you can't escape, the best thing to do get behind some cover and wait for the guy to get close enough where you have an effective shot.  If you can shoot the guy in the back, so much the better.

Not to mention that the nex tCCW hero or cop shooys you thinking you are the shooter.

I ccw.  My gun is to get me out of harm.  Not to be GI Joe. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: DanTSX on August 04, 2019, 08:59:45 AM

I ccw.  My gun is to get me out of harm.  Not to be GI Joe.

Exactly.  I may draw my handgun, but first and foremost my goal is to get out of harm's way.  I'll defend myself or my family on the way out if need be, but that's all. 

Kidnostad3

Bullshit!  No one returned fire in El Paso.  Not even the police.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 04, 2019, 09:07:48 AM
Exactly.  I may draw my handgun, but first and foremost my goal is to get out of harm's way.  I'll defend myself or my family on the way out if need be, but that's all.
I'm not claiming any collusion or conspiracy but one of the biggest beneficiaries of mass shootings, mob violence, "youth" attacks, and other forms of terrorism are entities like Google, Microsoft, social networks, etc because they encourage people to "shop from home," "avoid crowds," watch movies online, have "online relationships" without physical contacts, and get contracts from government(s) and companies to monitor people, data-mine to detect threats, and develop increasing surveillance and tracking systems to identify threats- even potential threats and soon, in their thinking, "pre-crime" using statistical models, AI, data-mining, etc. 

Some of these likely result in a negative feed-back loop that actually helps encourage these nutjobs, terrorists, or "extremists" as they dehumanize people, have less real social relationships and actions, only play video games that encourage violence (and everyone can just "start over" or get a "new life,) and join up with online "communities" that are fractured, thought anonymous, and more extreme gets you more "clicks" or attention.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 04, 2019, 09:07:48 AM

I agree.  According to most state laws, the only defense for shooting someone is that the person shot presented a clear and immediate threat to the life of the person who shot him or another in close proximity.  A private citizen who runs to the sound of gunfire and who returns fire and kills or wounds an active shooter subjects himself to stiff criminal and civil penalties. 

My point is that banning or severely limiting the ownership or carrying of firearms for the purpose of self-defense would put firearms exclusively in the hands of criminals and/or head cases who if motivated to carryout a mass shooting could readily acquire guns on the burgeoning black market that prohibition of firearms would surely create.  One might legitimately ask how many mass shootings might have been deterred if the shooter faced the prospect of more of his intended victims having the ability to shoot back. 

ItsOver

Interesting the Texas and Ohio shooters were both guys in their early twenties.  Apparently, the Dayton guy had gotten in trouble in high school and caused a lock-down with a "hit list."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/bellbrook-police-conduct-investigation-home/74z9iRBtYqBqxOQ6kSsdzL/

Lilith

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 04, 2019, 12:45:40 PM
I agree.  According to most state laws, the only defense for shooting someone is that the person shot presented a clear and immediate threat to the life of the person who shot him or another in close proximity.  A private citizen who runs to the sound of gunfire and who returns fire and kills or wounds an active shooter subjects himself to stiff criminal and civil penalties. 

My point is that banning or severely limiting the ownership or carrying of firearms for the purpose of self-defense would put firearms exclusively in the hands of criminals and/or head cases who if motivated to carryout a mass shooting could readily acquire guns on the burgeoning black market that prohibition of firearms would surely create.  One might legitimately ask how many mass shootings might have been deterred if the shooter faced the prospect of more of his intended victims having the ability to shoot back.

I agree.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2019, 01:04:09 PM
Interesting the Texas and Ohio shooters were both guys in their early twenties.  Apparently, the Dayton guy had gotten in trouble in high school and caused a lock-down with a "hit list."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/bellbrook-police-conduct-investigation-home/74z9iRBtYqBqxOQ6kSsdzL/
Often the case of this kind, and also Islamic, terrorism is male in the late teens & early 20's who had been "on the radar." Schizophrenia also frequently appears in this age group. It is also a point of transition in life (or should be,) hormones are still flowing, the brain is still developing, maybe first time living alone and stresses, and there are lots of "triggers," no pun intended, that can set some people off. Impulsivity is also high in this demographic and less thoughts of future of consequences. And to that during these years is likely a time when one start 'experimenting' with alcohol and drugs. And if one sees "no future" this kind of thing seems rational in their crazy mind. Still a small percentage of that demographic. Then there is the next group which is usually seen in the "Going Postal" or leading a larger terrorist group, or the "family annihilator" type which is middle-age men. Again, frustration in job loss, shame at not being able to provide for family, "going out with a bang," and so on. Also, I think, men, generally, are less likely to seek out help from others when experiencing problems and that over time can not always be good.  There have been lots of theories with regard to "Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis" - and the opposite that 'frustration' can turn inward and the aggression becomes internalized against themselves (depression, self-cutting, suicide, etc.) Theories and I'm not expert but will speculate on BG, so you can TL/DR.