• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Woot!!! My First NEW POST

Started by heater, November 25, 2009, 07:21:03 PM

heater

LOOK AT IT!  READ IT! KNOW IT!

I am from the future of the future and have returned from the future to my own future to write this post in the past.

themudking

MV/Liberace!

it sure is good to have this place operational again.  it felt like something was missing since the place was shut down.  we'll do a better job this time around of to prevent things devolving the way they did previously.

Borr

Goddamit, does this mean I have to start listening to Coast to Coast, again?

PS, great to have the site back up, Mike.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Borr on November 25, 2009, 08:55:56 PM
Goddamit, does this mean I have to start listening to Coast to Coast, again?

PS, great to have the site back up, Mike.
borr... i'm afraid you will, again, have to listen to coast.  this site needs CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT!!!

/steve ballmer rant.

it's good to see you guys around again.

Borr

Well, I'll do it, but I won't like it. Seriously. In the last couple months I've had a reinvigoration in my skepticism and secularism. I may just run around screaming "Bullshit!". Most of the time I can listen to Coast to Coast for the same reason I enjoy trailer park fires, but I honestly can't stomach Noory's intellectually dishonest 'alternative medicine' shows anymore.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Borr on November 25, 2009, 09:06:44 PM
...but I honestly can't stomach Noory's intellectually dishonest 'alternative medicine' shows anymore.
oh, god help me.  i was listening to the local radio station here the other day and heard a c2c promo voiced by george in which he touted the show's alternative medicine subject matter.  i wanted to bite the dash board.

Borr

Ok, well, I'll save my vitriol and ire over snake oil and rampant credulousness for more appropriate threads. I'll try to keep up with Art, Ian, and Good George. I'll only listen to bad George when there's a guest or topic I like.

Carry on with the re-introductions!

Curtis Loew

So good to have this place back again..    ;D     

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Curtis Loew on November 26, 2009, 04:23:15 AM
So good to have this place back again..    ;D   
it really has felt like something was missing in my life for the last 3.5 months.

MV/Liberace!

i just thought i'd go ahead and post again since we're getting close to 22,000 posts and i wanted to do everything i could to help it along.  what can i say.

xpmark12

I guess I will have to start listening to Snoory again.The man makes me sick to my stomach with his mindless platitudes.About a month ago I was listening and Snoory made an ass out of himself again when Linda M.Howe was the guest.Snoory was painted into a corner by Howe's superior knowledge of viral/science.I decided not to allow myself to be aggravated by this little man anymore,but this site needs contributors so I will do it for my country.Snoory actually thinks he is good, that's what is so frustrating to me.

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 26, 2009, 01:33:18 PM
Hey, I know this place!  ;D

DUDE!  Long time no read!  How is school going? 

My semester has been pretty rocky - though it looks like it's going to turn out alright.  But, just to give you an idea of the mood it's put me in - a couple of weeks ago we had multiple sightings of a black bear in the neighborhood. I took the dog out to walk one evening, after dark, and heard a weird sound.  My first thought?  "If that bear comes and kills me, I won't have to read Vygotsky."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on November 26, 2009, 03:14:27 PM
My first thought?  "If that bear comes and kills me, I won't have to read Vygotsky."
HAAAAAHAHA

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 26, 2009, 01:33:18 PM
Hey, I know this place!  ;D
wow... long time no speak.  what you been up to?  i recall you saying you're going to become a fancy college boy.  i, too, will be a fancy college boy starting in january.

mikemcc

Quote from: EvB on November 26, 2009, 03:14:27 PM

My semester has been pretty rocky - though it looks like it's going to turn out alright.  But, just to give you an idea of the mood it's put me in - a couple of weeks ago we had multiple sightings of a black bear in the neighborhood. I took the dog out to walk one evening, after dark, and head a weird sound.  My first thought?  "If that bear comes and kills me, I won't have to read Vygotsky."

Wow -- so if I start talking about "zone of proximal development" someone will know what I'm talking about ?!?

I have been well, my finals are next two weeks, then I get a month before spring semester to drink beer and look at hentai. Despite a recent sickness, all in all, it's on the up. My ex girlfriend is still a bitch, but bears still shit in the woods...(unless you're Ev, and then they shit on your lawn.)

EvB

Quote from: mikemcc on November 27, 2009, 08:40:22 AM

Wow -- so if I start talking about "zone of proximal development" someone will know what I'm talking about ?!?

Yes -- but they may want to shriek.  :P :P

MABUSE

Quote from: EvB on November 27, 2009, 05:17:52 PM
Yes -- but they may want to shriek.  :P :P

HIDEE HO KIDDIES!

WOW SOOOO nice to see you again!
Just want to say HI to you all.  Look forward to many more delightful exchanges
MINUS
the nonsense!

**M**

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on November 28, 2009, 02:41:36 AM
Look forward to many more delightful exchanges
MINUS
the nonsense!

**M**
holy SHITE is that the truth.

Irish Annie

Hey, great to be able to bitch again.
I was banned (like most others) and I still dont know why.
But thanks to those responsible for this site.
And does George still suck?
Why,yes he does!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Irish Annie on November 28, 2009, 10:09:26 AM
Hey, great to be able to bitch again.
I was banned (like most others) and I still dont know why.
But thanks to those responsible for this site.
And does George still suck?
Why,yes he does!
good to see you.  and just to clarify, you weren't banned from here.  heh heh.

puddintame

Hey and Hi!  Thanks for the invite to return.  I appreciate it.  If the shoe sort of fits this time, I'll try to wear it.  You done good Michael.  I'm still listening and rooting for Art.  Wish he would/could forget the Philippines and come home where he belongs.  I see today that they had a 6-point something earthquake in Mindanao on top of their typhoons, floods, bloody riots, etc.  Surely our problems in the good ol' USA don't compare with all of that.

Every once in a great while Ian comes through for us, and I sure wish we could get more of Knapp if we can't have the real thing!  Sigh.  Last night's show sort of gave me the willies, however. EMP?  Yikes!  Art sounds good, low key and full of it at the same time. 

Hugs, Mikey!

Itty Bit

I'll give it a try again.  It WAS kind of quiet.  Maybe things will perk up, but in a nice way.

Irish Annie

Quote from: MV on November 28, 2009, 03:09:12 PM
good to see you.  and just to clarify, you weren't banned from here.  heh heh.

Ooops so right.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Itty Bit on November 28, 2009, 09:34:49 PM
I'll give it a try again.  It WAS kind of quiet.  Maybe things will perk up, but in a nice way.
heh heh, nice avatar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: puddintame on November 28, 2009, 04:55:33 PM
Hey and Hi!  Thanks for the invite to return.  I appreciate it.  If the shoe sort of fits this time, I'll try to wear it.
hi, there.  god, it's been a long time since i last saw you around here.  good to see you, and i hope you enjoy the new site.

Caruthers612

Quote from: MV on November 26, 2009, 07:06:51 PM
wow... long time no speak.  what you been up to?  i recall you saying you're going to become a fancy college boy.  i, too, will be a fancy college boy starting in january.

I've been a fancy college boy twice in my life. First, at a divine and now tragically lost in the mists of time tiny elite artist enclave college in New England; later, four grueling years as a computer science major at NYU. The contrast between the two, obviously, couldn't have been greater, which only adds weight to the conclusion I came to and now crumbly offer: The only aspect truly worth anything is the girls.

And I ain't kiddin'.

Hopefully, MV, in your case, Nabila will discover that be ye man or woman, young or old, there lies dormant within one the most natural and only to be expected of yearnings--the one realized like an epiphany when a very particular lithe, willowy young girl walks by. The yearning to taste, to imbibe, to simply wallow unabashed in the ambrosial scent, the palpable effluence of youth, the uninterrupted sweep of velveteen skin 'gainst back of hand, whose convergence imparts that drunkenness one knows is like stolen fire.

Far from lewd or craven, those awakened to what I relate will realize it to be not even sexual--unless such flows naturally into the milieu.

I hope and suspect, MV, you to be possessed of those elements of mind and sense refined enough to perceive such most rarefied and dignified of interpersonal celebrations. Whether you do at some point (I am a good deal older than ye, it may be something that comes more with time), and whether Nabila, too, awakens to this--and allows herself, with you, to experience such joys--only time will tell. I hope so for both your sakes. Remember what Keats said about beauty. 'Nuff said. ;-)

M

EvB

Hey Mordred- where you part of the MASSMoCA crowd?  Or other?