• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

popple

No matter the hour,  or the day... we will never have to listen to the numbers lady on Art's airwaves.  This show is going to be a safe haven.

Rasputin

I'd be perfectly happy with Art doing a weekend show on Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully, this is all real, and Art returns.

If he does return, I think it will be at least a two hour show covering the same topics as he always has over the years.

morphiaflow

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2013, 03:26:22 AM
que?

I actually hesitated over that, wasn't sure how to better express what I meant.
By "Coaster response" I just meant--we're fans of Coast and its subject matter, so it stands to reason that some of us would be superstitious about jinxing it...that's all!

morphiaflow

(I wasn't referring to you specifically Coaster!)

coaster

Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 03:28:10 AM
I actually hesitated over that, wasn't sure how to better express what I meant.
By "Coaster response" I just meant--we're fans of Coast and its subject matter, so it stands to reason that some of us would be superstitious about jinxing it...that's all!
oops..carry on. cheers.

mrkorb

FWIW, Noory's sign off tonight where he lists off the names of people associated with the show still had Art's name in it, so either he was speaking out of habit or they hadn't changed the copy in front of him.

gandalf50

I really enjoyed when Art was doing the weekend shows back in  2003 or so. It gave me enough Coast to listen to during my commute to work and back for the whole week. And as a side benefit it was enough Coast that I never was tempted to listen to Snoory and be  reminded of his ineptitude. So a weekend Saturday and Sunday show would suit me fine. That way Art can keep the guests and topics fresh without the over-exposure a nightly show gives you.  It would be difficult these days, even for Art, to keep the show entertaining doing 5 or 6 shows a week and it would just increase the likelihood that he would retire again. A 4 or maybe even 5 hour show would be perfect. When you exclude ads and bumper music you really only get about 40 minutes of conversation each hour.

Juan

It would appear that Ross Mitchell is the voice over guy for many Cumulus owned shows how.  It pains me to hear him do Michael Savage's show - not because of Savage, but because it reminds me that he's not with Art.  I suppose that for Ross to do Art's new show, Art would have to be on Cumulus.

Also, I see that artbell.com is still registered to Art - through Keith Rowland.

SredniVashtar

Well that was a welcome email! I will only truly believe it when it finally comes to pass, but this is exciting news. My only concern is that I will need regular Art updates, fearing that otherwise an elite commando unit of PremRad executives may have gone all Zero Dark Thirty on him, and even now he may be inclined on a board in some foetid Noory dungeon, being subjected to a combination of sleep deprivation and a looped 'Best of George' until he relents and promises to stay off the airwaves.

I don't think it's a coincidence that normally reliable C2C subjects like UFOs and ghosts seem so stale these days, and we need someone like Art to inject a bit of excitement into things once again. Knapp is no substitute, and his most recent show was a classic example of that. It was all very professional but oddly dull, and my attention flagged after a couple of hours, something that Art would never have allowed to happen.

Great news! Let`s hope he can ink a deal with Cumulus and get Ross Mitchell back on board.

I wonder what George Knapp`s contract looks like. Maybe make him and offer he can`t refuse to team with Art and then...

...Ok, I`m DREAMING, but a man has a right to dream, doesn`t he?

coaster

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 30, 2013, 05:12:57 AM
Let`s hope he can ink a deal with Cumulus and get Ross Mitchell back on board.

I wonder what George Knapp`s contract looks like. Maybe make him and offer he can`t refuse to team with Art and then...

That would be something though.

There are not that many large scale radio groups anymore, has alot to do with how anti-trust law has lost it's teeth (but the latter is for a another thread).

The best terrestrial spot for him and the most like what he used to do might be with Cumulus media: http://affiliates.cumulusmedianetworks.com/ and http://www.cumulus.com/

Of course their is also satellite, but there penetration into the home is not high and they are mostly an in-car radio because of the technology:  http://www.siriusxm.com/

Art Bell and Cumulus seems a match made in heaven, thus who should be worried?  These guys: http://affiliates.cumulusmedianetworks.com/redeyeradio/frameset.htm

Cumulus makes alot of sense actually.  They have a great AM radio station system and thus Art could drive revenue for them from day one.  Great match.

http://affiliates.cumulusmedianetworks.com/

Damn!
That's the last time I'll hit the sack early for a while!  :o
I slept through the whole thing!!

greybruce

Quote from: Fly By Night on January 29, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Well I've been away for awhile but this brings me back to Coast Gab  from Art Bell's FB

I am now in negotiation for a new Radio show, stay tuned. No promises but the wind may be about to change direction!

Great news!  I'd be happy if Art would do one show a week - A "QSO" so to speak.  It would be something to look forward to every week.
KB0FXC

Marc.Knight

The Art of Talk will return.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: mrkorb on January 30, 2013, 04:01:54 AM
FWIW, Noory's sign off tonight where he lists off the names of people associated with the show still had Art's name in it, so either he was speaking out of habit or they hadn't changed the copy in front of him.

No one dares touch his greasy 3 X 5 cards.  In off hours he keeps them safely tucked away in a satchel between his but cheeks.

Quote from: Marc knight on January 30, 2013, 06:54:32 AM
The Art of Talk will return.

I think he should by the name "Fine Art: The Essential Art Bell" from the guy using it for a stream.

entheos

I so hope Art Bell does return to radio. Better yet, that he replaces G. Norey on Coast. Art's broadcasts were so compelling they made me stay up every night for years. I have missed him dearly. Here's to his quick return!

Apparently last night's Coast to Coast AM was exceptionally bad.. I would imagine most people were glued to Coast Gab, or Art's page, or however else they are trying to get information online about a potential comeback tour..

I noticed something.. the winds of change indeed are blowing. So much so that, in a New York minute, people seem to have abandoned Noory. Last night's Coast to Coast AM thread on Facebook, which normally garners about a thousand (mostly insane people) comments a night, had a little less than 50 when I checked and a little less than 100 this morning. A few comments say "can't wait until Art comes back" and "this show is boring"..

The thought of Art Bell coming back most likely is hanging over the halls of Noory's lair today. Extra turmeric required.

And .....what does Premiere do? I say they abandon Noory in favor of Wells. Wells turns it into a political night show, it sustains ratings from folks that want to hear Alex Jones type work... and Bell takes back the airwaves for Coasties with the mosties.
Hope JC calls in.
Hey ...maybe JC is actually from the Scorpion Army, too.

analog kid

Thank you Art Bell. Hope he returns to his previous format and subject matter.

Hmmm, not sure Premiere is smart enough to give Art what he wants, but if Noory is crushed maybe they are.

raistlin

I'm just glad to hear Art wants to come out of retirement given the deal is right.  I was almost convinced that Mr. Bell was actually enjoying retirement and that work was a thing of the past for him.  Can't wait to find out what the new show is!

Marc.Knight

Art's opening to his first new show:

.... a slow motion clip of Noory stumbling over every other word....then a blending into the Big Foot scream played all the way through...a pregnant pause...then...Art's smoke-hardened voice pierces the silence... "Never say Never".

I posted this in the Art Quits Coast thread... re-posting here since it's more appropriate:

Apparently last night's Coast to Coast AM was exceptionally bad.. I would imagine most people were glued to Coast Gab, or Art's page, or however else they are trying to get information online about a potential comeback tour..I noticed something.. the winds of change indeed are blowing. So much so that, in a New York minute, people seem to have abandoned Noory. Last night's Coast to Coast AM thread on Facebook, which normally garners about a thousand (mostly insane people) comments a night, had a little less than 50 when I checked and a little less than 100 this morning. A few comments say "can't wait until Art comes back" and "this show is boring"..The thought of Art Bell coming back most likely is hanging over the halls of Noory's lair today. Extra turmeric required.And .....what does Premiere do? I say they abandon Noory in favor of Wells. Wells turns it into a political night show, it sustains ratings from folks that want to hear Alex Jones type work... and Bell takes back the airwaves for Coasties with the mosties. Hope JC calls in. Hey ...maybe JC is actually from the Scorpion Army, too.

Citizen5510

I am so happy to hear this news!!! thanks for the email..too..seems like all the buzz will create quite a drum roll when Art does take to the mic again!! can't wait.. ;D

Sardondi

Quote from: The General on January 30, 2013, 12:57:59 AM
Jeez, more hate.  Did somebody drop a house on your sister?
Just kidding ya know.  Jorge says we are ALL haters.

Maybe Art's new show could be called Shore to Shore AM
or Pole to Pole AM.
Or NewCoast AM
Or Beyond Coast AM

Or AMPM MiniMart

"Flyover America"

As for the news, I am one of those people who drive MV to distraction with my reluctance to believe that Art, at almost 68 years old, would want...or be able...to actually make a go of a highly stressful, sleep-pattern-disrupting national overnight radio talk show. I am reluctant because of how many times we have been hoaxed, not to mention the teases we've had from Art himself (?). When I allow myself to dream just a little about how great it would be, only to have my hopes dashed again when it comes to nothing. So I've learned to have no hope.

But now I feel the familiar excitement coming on again. Oh, please let it be true....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Darisi on January 30, 2013, 02:59:03 AM
I hope you have'nt jinxed things by jumping the gun.  With all due respect.
Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 03:02:16 AM
haha. What a Coaster response!
Honestly, I haven't jinxed or jumped anything. All I've done is consolidate all the speculation that's already going on into a new thread...if there's jinxing happening, it's already been happening for ages....
Quote from: Darisi on January 30, 2013, 03:06:18 AM
My comment wasn't intended as an insult.  Sorry if I offended.
Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 03:07:30 AMNo you didn't, it's all good. I know where you were coming from. I just don't think it's an issue.

it would be hilarious if art released a statement in which he said, "i saw the thread on coastgab about my new show.  i'm very displeased, and it's for this reason i've decided not to do a new show. g'day."

FortRock

REMEMBER ART BELL's MODUS OPERENDI SCORPION ARMY MEMBERS!
Art Bell is the Warlock Of Radio, if you look up the definition of the word, one definition comes straight from Scottish Galic, "Oath Breaker"! Art Bell is the Oath Breaker Of Corporate Radio's Rules! My source in Las Vegas says forget about Premire and Cumulus, however Art Bell WILL be on stations of those Ownership Groups. Art will "Cherry Pick" the best, and most powerful stations in the radio markets regardless of Ownership Groups. However know that there might be a bius towards stations carrying CBS-Radio News due to George Napp's participation. Expect Art's return sooner than you think!