• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

minim

Quote from: eddie dean on January 29, 2013, 11:54:26 PM
there is the Scorpions song "winds of change" but its probably not what he was referencing but interesting lines about children of the night...hummmm

songwriters:* Meine, Klaus;

Follow the Moskwa
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
Can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

etc., etc.

Weren't the Scorpions the band who attempted to sue the makers of "This is Spinal Tap" - alleging that it was about them!  :o

popple

Jorch will be shocked to learn that deleting details from Art's wiki page does not indeed stop it from being true or him coming back.

morphiaflow

So will Noory and Coast take the high road, the low road or the no road?

High Road: "As you know this program was created by Art Bell, who retired from it a couple years back to spend time with his family. Now Art is starting up his own show, and while he won't be involved in Coast, we all wish him the very best, and I will continue to sign off with his name every night, as a sign of respect."

Low Road: "I feel betrayed and stung by Art, who assured me his retirement was to spend time with his family, not set up a competing radio show. But that's what he's doing. But Coast isn't going anywhere, folks, we've grown the show so much in the last ten years, so don't worry. Art's show will be what it will be, but we'll be right here every night doing the show you love...and this is the last time I'll be mentioning his name."

(I'm sure others could think of worse "low roads"...)

No Road: Don't acknowledge it at all....

What do you all think?

Quote from: eddie dean on January 29, 2013, 11:54:26 PM
there is the Scorpions song "winds of change" but its probably not what he was referencing but interesting lines about children of the night...hummmm

songwriters:* Meine, Klaus;

Follow the Moskwa
Down to Gorky Park
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
Can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

Walking down the street
Distant memories
Are buried in the past, forever
I follow the Moskwa
Down to Gorky Park

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me

I probably have the quote wrong, but I thought some Art bumper song had the line "As the winds change direction" in it, but I can't find it.

Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 01:23:31 AM
So will Noory and Coast take the high road, the low road or the no road?

High Road: "As you know this program was created by Art Bell, who retired from it a couple years back to spend time with his family. Now Art is starting up his own show, and while he won't be involved in Coast, we all wish him the very best, and I will continue to sign off with his name every night, as a sign of respect."

Low Road: "I feel betrayed and stung by Art, who assured me his retirement was to spend time with his family, not set up a competing radio show. But that's what he's doing. But Coast isn't going anywhere, folks, we've grown the show so much in the last ten years, so don't worry. Art's show will be what it will be, but we'll be right here every night doing the show you love."

(I'm sure others could think of worse "low roads"...)

No Road: Don't acknowledge it at all....

What do you all think?

Unless he is signing with Premiere, which is unlikely, I think they will not acknowledge it.

FortRock

THE SCORPION ARMY VANQUISHED HAVE NO ROADS!
TO QUOTE WWE's THE UNDERTAKER "REST IN PEACE"!

-OH-

NOTICE THE "WINDS OF CHANGE" THE SCORPIONS, AND THE "CHANGE OF DIRECTION" WIND OF ART's. HHHMMM, ART HONORS HIS SCORPION ARMY FIELD OFFICERS!! THANK YOU MR. BELL!

popple

Just saw coastgab sent out a site wide e-mail about Art. I hope every user shows up and we can have a rave! UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE!!

McPhallus

I would expect some low-key mudslinging on both sides, but nothing direct.

There will almost certainly be some overlap of guests between the two shows (and even some defections!), and it will be interesting to see how both hosts handle that dynamic.

Unless he really does do the gardening show.  Maybe Art can have Dames on to talk about aphids.

Eddie Coyle

No Road is their plan.

The callers to the show may be able to drag them on the Low Road by invoking Art's return and mocking Noory's existence. And that will be great.

indigoo

I don't post often but dear god this is amazing news. I can't believe it. Excited to hear more about it. Would love for it to be another 'paranormal' show, but anything will do! Thanks for the email!

Zoxo

Absolutely the best news ever! I can't wait to learn more!!!

morphiaflow

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 30, 2013, 01:49:05 AM

No Road is their plan.

The callers to the show may be able to drag them on the Low Road by invoking Art's return and mocking Noory's existence. And that will be great.

I expect that as well. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Ross Mitchell to be on board. I heard him on Savage the other night, which was nice, but it just seems like Art+Mitchell would be a no brainer.

So what about format? I really don't expect him to take a 5 or 7 night a week gig. I suspect that it's going to be a weekend show (one or both nights).

On the other hand I could see him possibly shepherding a new every night show, maybe doing nightly for a few months, and trying out guest hosts on the weekends, grooming someone to do the heavy lifting before HE switches to weekends...kinda like what happened between GN coming in and Romona's passing. I think that might be his end game scenario...

Either way he's made too much of a big deal about his age, retirement, his family et al, to just discount all of that. If he's doing a show again he's said that it'll be on his terms...I can't see him wanting to do every night or close.

Let the format speculation begin...

Maybe what he doesn't like about Coast now has nothing to do with George, and he will steal George Tommy and Lisa over to the new show..

Disheartened

I doubt very much George will say anything.

The simplest name for the show. "The Art Bell Show"

I really don't see him doing a five night a week show. I'm not sure he wants to get into that sort of grind again.

FortRock

THE ON-AIR SCHEDULE FOR 8MhZ SCORPION ARMY BROADCAST STATION:
Tuesday - Friday ART BELL
Saturday - Sunday GEORGE NAPP
Monday IAN PUNNETT

Vis a Vis the recent wiki drama, Thunderpussy or whatever the fuck the vandal's name was, has stated he will no longer be "editing" Bell's page.  That shithead really stands on my tits. Yea Art!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 01:55:06 AM
I expect that as well. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Ross Mitchell to be on board. I heard him on Savage the other night, which was nice, but it just seems like Art+Mitchell would be a no brainer.

So what about format? I really don't expect him to take a 5 or 7 night a week gig. I suspect that it's going to be a weekend show (one or both nights).

On the other hand I could see him possibly shepherding a new every night show, maybe doing nightly for a few months, and trying out guest hosts on the weekends, grooming someone to do the heavy lifting before HE switches to weekends...kinda like what happened between GN coming in and Romona's passing. I think that might be his end game scenario...

Either way he's made too much of a big deal about his age, retirement, his family et al, to just discount all of that. If he's doing a show again he's said that it'll be on his terms...I can't see him wanting to do every night or close.

Let the format speculation begin...
Ideally, I wish Art to do a three night gig(Fri-Sun) completely on his terms, minimal interference from bean counters, staying clear of the topics that clog the daytime hours. The C2C we had once upon a time(9/11 being the epoch shift of talk radio,IMO) and hopefully free of the snake-oil salesmen, at least the humorless ones.

Noory has to feel threatened,this isn't merely competition...it's the show's creator. Premiere may sling some mud if they see Art getting great pub, by they'd be wise to say nothing. Don't remind people that Art is back.

Then I wonder...would Art do daytime? Considering his life circumstances right now, it could be a possibility. And then Noory may get a reprieve to a certain extent, at least in a head to head matchup.

Another lurker summoned by MVs email. It was only a matter of time. There's big money to be made here. I count 6 or 7 feeds most nights playing Art Bell re-runs. He's still very popular. The investors smell profit. He's coming back.  8) 8) 8)

Thanks for the update Michael. ;)

edm1820

This may be the greatest email I've ever received  :D  Consider me official excited! Hope it comes to pass...

mombird3

This is very good news. Yay! I am happy!

mombird3

It could be that the mention of the "haters" and the talk of Noory on air, about how Noory "improved" C2C on last week's shows was an indication that something was going on. I think Noory is nervous. He should be, because a lot of people miss Art Bell.
I just looked at the Facebook site and it has the statement on the Art Bell fan site. I am very glad this happened. I was wondering if the last message from Art was going to be a while until we heard any news.

morphiaflow

OK, so not to take away from the 170+ pages (and growing) of epicness that was/is the "Art Bell Quits Coast" thread, but in light of his most recent announcements it seems appropriate that a NEW thread be started to discuss the NEW show. I know speculation on all things pertaining to Art coming back to the airwaves has been a major part of that thread, but now that it's moving from possibility to likelihood...let it begin anew, now, with a real substantial basis for our hopes!

So...let the rampant speculation, theorizing, and wish-fulfillment begin! What you think, what you hope, what you guess, deduce...etc!

When do you think the new show will start?
How long will it be? 2 hours? 4 hours?
How many nights a week, and which nights?
Will it go head to head against Coast?
Or will it even be on at night, or will he move to another timeslot?
Will it just be Art, or will he shepherd other hosts (Knapp, Punnett, Simone)?
Will Ross Mitchell be the announcer?
What will the format/subject matter be? Paranormal? Political? Conspiracy? All of the above and then some?
What network will produce it, and what stations will carry it?
What topics and guests will it feature? Will any old Art guests come back, including those who have appeared on Coast? Will there be lockouts and wars over guests?
How, if at all, will the "Powers That Be" at Coast/Premiere/Clear Channel react, if at all?
Will any stations drop Coast in favor of Art's new show?
Will Somewhere In Time continue? What will happen to the Art-hosted episodes of Coast--will they just disappear into the ether except for the ones already floating around out there in collectors' circles?
Will Art do his own commercials again?
Will Phil Hendrie start doing Art parodies again?
How will Fort Rock continue to amuse us with his inside info from Portland sources?
Will we ever get an accurate Wiki update to stick?

And so on and on...it's endless!

Yes I know a number of these have already been asked on the prior thread, several by myself, but--it's a whole new ball game now, so let's wipe the slate and start fresh!

And begin....NOW!

morphiaflow

I started a thread, "Art Bell's New Show", which seems to me appropriate--everyone should join me there and let the speculation on what form it will take begin!

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3867.new.html#new

Queen Gumbo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 30, 2013, 02:01:10 AM

Maybe what he doesn't like about Coast now has nothing to do with George, and he will steal George Tommy and Lisa over to the new show..
Yeccchhhhh!  We are doomed!  :o

Darisi

I hope you have'nt jinxed things by jumping the gun.  With all due respect.

morphiaflow

haha. What a Coaster response!
Honestly, I haven't jinxed or jumped anything. All I've done is consolidate all the speculation that's already going on into a new thread...if there's jinxing happening, it's already been happening for ages....

Darisi

My comment wasn't intended as an insult.  Sorry if I offended.

morphiaflow

No you didn't, it's all good. I know where you were coming from. I just don't think it's an issue.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: canadiancommie on January 30, 2013, 02:13:49 AM
Vis a Vis the recent wiki drama, Thunderpussy or whatever the fuck the vandal's name was, has stated he will no longer be "editing" Bell's page.  That shithead really stands on my tits. Yea Art!

Aww, farewell Wikipedia troll!  ::)