• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lasertron

the drive time host at KFAB got fired so you know what dumb rumor I started.

ItsOver

Quote from: The General on January 29, 2013, 09:30:57 PM
I'd still listen. Christ, Art could host the weather channel and probably make it interesting as hell.

Heck, yeah.  Art could even make Noory interesting.  By kicking his sorry butt on the radio.

Man, this is great news.  Hey, Jorch, time to get back to St. Louie and start busing tables at the Cafe de Crappe.

lonevoice

I'd still listen. Christ, Art could host the weather channel and probably make it interesting as hell.
Oh hell to the yeah, General!
Wait a minute...you're not really a General, are you?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 29, 2013, 07:58:47 PM

How do we know it's Art? Or Facebook? Or 2013? Are we even living?

heh heh

popple

The wind changing directions is just what we need to blow that old fart jorch up and away from us for good!

CrabbyOld Bat

Okay, forgive me for asking but is that really Art's FB page? I thought this was....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Bell/281763448476?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hate FB so I have no idea which of the "Art Bell" pages is/are his and which are not.

dortmunder

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 29, 2013, 10:23:14 PM
Okay, forgive me for asking but is that really Art's FB page? I thought this was....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Bell/281763448476?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hate FB so I have no idea which of the "Art Bell" pages is/are his and which are not.

The mod for this group knows Art. It's the real one:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/People-Who-Miss-ART-BELL-On-C2C-IPS-Coast-To-Coast-AM/134567796596483

The General

Quote from: lonevoice on January 29, 2013, 10:02:56 PM
Oh hell to the yeah, General!
Wait a minute...you're not really a General, are you?
I'm not a real General, you know.  But I do have a bunker compound deep beneath the Saskatchewan crust.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: dortmunder on January 29, 2013, 10:26:21 PM
The mod for this group knows Art. It's the real one:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/People-Who-Miss-ART-BELL-On-C2C-IPS-Coast-To-Coast-AM/134567796596483

I really hate FB now because I can't find that post on the Art Bell FB page I linked to above.

ADG12311990

I have to come out of my lurker status to say... YES! YES! YES! Hearing Art again may just make me dust off my old clock radio. (Which, I guess mean I'll never get a wink of sleep again. ;)

Quote from: The General on January 29, 2013, 10:29:59 PM
I'm not a real General, you know.  But I do have a bunker compound deep beneath the Saskatchewan crust.
A fine province.  You can watch your dog running away for days.

ItsOver

Hahahah....sounds better than that ex-Navy guy who claims he's in some hole in St. Louis.  ;)

Yep. He could read the phone book on air, and still be more engaging than Noory.

Also, imagine all the cool threads we will be starting here when his new show airs. Hell, MV should just go ahead and register the Fantastic Forum 3 domain name before it's too late.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2013, 10:42:44 PM
Hell, MV should just go ahead and register the Fantastic Forum 3 domain name before it's too late.

odd... i thought it was up to fantastic forum 7 as of last week, so i was going for ff8.com.

The General

try to contain yourselves.  Here's his follow up message...

"I want you all to take a deep breath. I said we are talking, it is not yet a done deal. When I have details I will tell you all right here. It has to be the right deal!"

HorrorRetro

Make sure you have your earth handle for the rare occasions you emerge from your crustal bunker.  http://earthhandle.ytmnd.com/

Quote from: Area51 on January 29, 2013, 08:35:15 PM

Art BellI am now in negotiation for a new Radio show, stay tuned. No promises but the wind may be about to change direction!

YES! Just let us know when and where you'll be and we will be listening Art!  :D [/font][/size]

Is this real?  I kinda hate Facebook so I cannot check myself.  Please God, let it be so!

George's open tonight could be interesting, his voice might actually quiver and crack because of his fear.

Of course it is not a given, General, but I thank Art for keeping us updated.  His connection and understanding of the fanbase is what makes him great.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 29, 2013, 10:45:20 PM
Make sure you have your earth handle for the rare occasions you emerge from your crustal bunker.  http://earthhandle.ytmnd.com/

don't forget your ass purse which you can use to hide (in your ass) your supplies of dehydrated horse meat from the pillaging onslaught of the road warriors.

The General

Quote from: MV on January 29, 2013, 10:47:23 PM
don't forget your ass purse which you can use to hide (in your ass) your supplies of dehydrated horse meat from the pillaging onslaught of the road warriors.
Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 29, 2013, 10:45:20 PM
It's all right here next to my Peenman Crap Chili Maker and Chrome Buttocks Mold.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on January 29, 2013, 10:47:23 PM

Quote from: The General on January 29, 2013, 10:50:22 PM
It's all right here next to my Peenman Crap Chili Maker and Chrome Buttocks Mold.

I really wish more people knew what this meant and how fuckin' funny it is.

If we could get Phil Hendrie to return to radio.

HAL 9000

Ordinarily, I hate speculating about such things; I like facts. However...

I don't want to get too nit-picky, but I did notice a couple of things in Art''s very brief message which may be telling at a subconscious level.

He states as fact he is in negotiations for a new show. OK, point taken. To me, this means that should there be a "meeting of the minds" (a phrase used in contract law), Art would indeed be coming back.

On the subconscious level, I noticed he used an exclamation point to end his last sentence. This character on a keyboard is about as far away from a period as one can get, meaning it was placed purposefully (though perhaps subconsciously). I take this as way to proclaim something, rather than simply end the sentence as one would normally with a period.

I generally hate predictions, especially as they relate to Mr. Bell, but I am willing to say that, assuming the aforementioned post is real, that Art Bell will be back on radio soon.

</predictions off>

I think this might be the first time I've seen a CoastGab topic fill the homepage: (click to make larger)

[attachimg=1]

[attachment deleted by admin]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 29, 2013, 10:55:29 PM
I think this might be the first time I've seen a CoastGab topic fill the homepage...

actually, now that you mention it... don't think i've seen that before, either.

The General

Quote from: MV on January 29, 2013, 10:51:42 PM

hahaha, i don't remember that one.
He wore the Chrome Buttocks Mold on his trip to mars to prevent the martians from 'knowing' him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on January 29, 2013, 10:59:38 PM
He wore the Chrome Buttocks Mold on his trip to mars to prevent the martians from 'knowing' him.

haaaaahahahaha

Quote from: tmock00 on January 29, 2013, 09:47:35 PM

Yay! Best news I've read all day!

I really wish I could personally confirm Art's message, but I loged into Facebook and found the timelines to be even more obtuse and unusable than the old Facebook.  Anyone else find Reddit and Buzzfeed alot easier?

Now back to Art, great catch on the explanation point, finger crossed.

OldTimeRadio

The cat is on my chest lapping up the toffee-flavored tears of my joy...merely at the possibility that someone who may be Art Bell is thinking about returning to radio.

It would be like tearing down the Bore-lin Wall!

cocatea

from the desert of the sea... can't wait!