• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

analog kid

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 04:59:22 PM

here's a banner for one of their shows:

[attach=1]

hmm.  well then.

Is the guy on the left going to pull out a glock and ice me?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: analog kid on January 22, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
Is the guy on the left going to pull out a glock and ice me?

No, the guy on the right wants to pull out the glock from the guy on the left.

Eddie Coyle

So much for that "one in ten" theory. After that picture it's clearly up to 2.

Quote from: LeslieV on January 22, 2013, 04:52:57 PM
New here but been lurking for a while.  I gave up on C2C some time ago with noodle brain.  The real kicker here in the Denver area is they took it off the station it use to be on for years and years, put it on the sports station so now it gets preempted by any game that runs late and then the post-game talk.

The power house in Colorado Springs also lost it to some low power AM station.  Both the old Denver and Springs station have Red Eye Radio on and quite honestly, they are more entertaining than noodle brain.  Even if not, at least Ross use to have the tag line of "I've made the switch, how about you" which one could understand was a direct hit at noodle brain.

Should Art come back it would make sense to have a weekend show and he could use KNYE as the flagship station to feed the network.  I doubt he will come back as he is in his late 60's and with a young family retirement is most likely where he will stay.

Still, would be nice to hear something more than what is on now all night.

Two overnight Art Bell replay streams are out there, both beat anything in overnight today: http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/Talk

I prefer the Fine Art stream, but...

kingotnw

Lots of theories on here on what Art may or may not be thinking, but one thing is for sure... He's considering doing a show. The thing I am trying to figure out is if he is trying to do a new show altogether, or take C2C back from George. No matter which way you look at it, ratings get much much better, as would show sponsorship, if Art was back on C2C. He said Premier has almost convinced him to come out of retirement, it could very well be a shot across the bow so to speak, saying give me back my show or else.

Also... I am not really convinced that retiring all together is something Art himself ever wanted to do. Given a couple of his previous statements, it sounds like he may have been forced into it by Premiere somehow. If his non-compete extended through 2013, and they dumped him from the show for whatever reason, I would assume it had something to do with ad revenue but that's just speculation, it is entirely possible that they wanted to move on without him since it was somewhat working with George for a while, but now that his NC is up, it may be in both parties best interests for him to come back to C2C.

I don't really care if it is a new show, or he is back on Coast, I just want him back.

Elflord

art's wiki page change again, wtf

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Elflord on January 23, 2013, 06:52:07 PM

And such a bright bulb doing it as well:

"undo this edit because from other early edit art bell's facebook was hack. Im need more prove that this is the real art. "

And the most recent:

"coastgab.com comment can not be prove to be the real Art Bell. There needs to have some real prove it was from the Real Art Bell."

If only Google didn't autocorrect when these dunces try typing in "Wikipedia."  ::)

The General

Quote from: Elflord on January 23, 2013, 06:52:07 PM
People at WiccaPedia hate it when you clog up their site with facts.

Elflord

Quote from: The General on January 23, 2013, 09:18:26 PM
People at WiccaPedia hate it when you clog up their site with facts.
I guess that the X-files T.V. show is right, The truth is out there.

Eddie Coyle

General, I believe your prior hypothesis about the Ukraine(or the surrounding area) is correct. I read those posts now hearing this guy's voice...

McPhallus

I still suspect a more than casual relationship to a thunderous bit of poultry.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 23, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

General, I believe your prior hypothesis about the Ukraine(or the surrounding area) is correct. I read those posts now hearing this guy's voice...

Meanandnasty

I just read this on the original FF if I may mention that forum, that the rumor is confirmed.  In an e-mail exchange from Art, it was confirmed that Art is looking to come back or would come to the airwaves if the right deal was presented to him. 
Now the unknown factor is what would be the right deal?
1.  Noory stepping aside like a man.
2.  Dump Noory and let Art have total control.
3.  Create a niche syndication program for Art allowing him to have production and creative control.
4.  Alternate nights one night Noory and one night Art.
5.  Let Noory serve Art tea and crumpets.
6.  Let Art have two to three nights a week and have production and creative control.  John Wells and George Knapp along with Ian could have the rest of the nights.
7.  Noory who?

McPhallus

Speaking of which, there's now a thread on that forum dedicated just to us:
http://kedw.createaforum.com/coastgab-com/the-people-at-coastgab-com-are-losers/

Don't get excited, though, since it's basically just Thunderbird talking to himself.  He must hear voices in his head.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 23, 2013, 10:58:57 PM
I still suspect a more than casual relationship to a thunderous bit of poultry.

Certainly highly plausible. And probably in a wintry Caucasus landscape.  The indictments are piling up.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 23, 2013, 11:04:54 PM
http://kedw.createaforum.com/coastgab-com/the-people-at-coastgab-com-are-losers/

Don't get excited, though, since it's basically just Thunderbird talking to himself.  He must hear voices in his head.
He banned me earlier. I was "You Effin Phil", and it took two caustic posts for me to be gassed.

Meanandnasty

Quote from: McPhallus on January 23, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Do you think the Thunderbird is Noory in drag?  There is just too much loser going on.  Also, he has to do something since it is obvious he does not do show prep.  It is just passive agressive as I have always diagnosed Noory being.

McPhallus

Quote from: Meanandnasty on January 23, 2013, 11:09:47 PM
It is just passive agressive as I have always diagnosed Noory being.

TB is quite the overachiever in passive-aggressive behavior.  Not more than two minutes after I posted about that thread, this showed up on there:

"Welcome to the site and yes the people at www.coastgab.com are losers like McPhallus who commented about this trend. But he is a loser too."

So he sits and lurks this form, seething in anger and lashing out at his own little fortress.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Meanandnasty on January 23, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

Do you think the Thunderbird is Noory in drag?  There is just too much loser going on.  Also, he has to do something since it is obvious he does not do show prep.  It is just passive agressive as I have always diagnosed Noory being.

Noory is William F Buckley compared to Dunderturd.

Quote from: Meanandnasty on January 23, 2013, 11:04:24 PM
I just read this on the original FF if I may mention that forum, that the rumor is confirmed.  In an e-mail exchange from Art, it was confirmed that Art is looking to come back or would come to the airwaves if the right deal was presented to him. 
Now the unknown factor is what would be the right deal?
1.  Noory stepping aside like a man.
2.  Dump Noory and let Art have total control.
3.  Create a niche syndication program for Art allowing him to have production and creative control.
4.  Alternate nights one night Noory and one night Art.
5.  Let Noory serve Art tea and crumpets.
6.  Let Art have two to three nights a week and have production and creative control.  John Wells and George Knapp along with Ian could have the rest of the nights.
7.  Noory who?

Quote from: Art Bell on January 10, 2013, 10:56:44 PM
Hi All,

I do not wish to string anybody along, stay tuned means just that. Until I was free in terms of non compete there was no
real way I could be on the air anywhere. Premiere has offered me a slot anytime I wish.....I do not wish.

Now that I can indeed return if I wish there is the matter of a venue, I have some offers I am thinking about but have not
decided on anything as of yet. There was a time that I did not want to compete with Coast because I had no wish to destroy
what I built, Premiere has almost managed to change my mind about that.

Doing a show means devoting your life to it, not just "phoning it in", examples of that can be heard nightly. So a decision to
proceed will have to be done right or not at all. This means the creative freedom is first along with the venue.

While doing Coast at one point, instead of taking more money I opted for a restriction on the number of commercial minutes,
a dumb move because as soon as I was gone they came back PLUS. I do what I do because I love it, not for the money.

So, I just now have come to the point that I CAN do something, if I will or not depends on the above. I hope this helps some
of you understand the process. I would rather do nothing than something half-assed.

Art

Cutting and pasting from Art's post, I'd say he is not coming back to Coast to Coast.  Ever.  Or PremRat.

He may or may not come back at all, depending on what is possible and ultimately whether he wants and is able to do it at the level he would want to do it.  None of that will affect George Noory or Coast.

"... There was a time that I did not want to compete with Coast because I had no wish to destroy what I built, Premiere has almost managed to change my mind about that..."

"... Premiere has offered me a slot anytime I wish.....I do not wish..."

"... Now that I can indeed return if I wish there is the matter of a venue, I have some offers I am thinking about but have not decided on anything as of yet..."

"... a decision to proceed will have to be done right or not at all. This means the creative freedom is first along with the venue..."

"... So, I just now have come to the point that I CAN do something, if I will or not depends on the above. I hope this helps some of you understand the process. I would rather do nothing than something half-assed..."

Quote from: McPhallus on January 23, 2013, 11:17:25 PM
TB is quite the overachiever in passive-aggressive behavior.  Not more than two minutes after I posted about that thread, this showed up on there:

"Welcome to the site and yes the people at www.coastgab.com are losers like McPhallus who commented about this trend. But he is a loser too."

So he sits and lurks this form, seething in anger and lashing out at his own little fortress.

This Thunderpilot person seems to have about the same grasp of English that the person responding to email to George has:

"Thunderpilot He is a pilot with a lot of skills flying new types of aircrafts. Thunderpilot is also a fisherman too."

I wonder if his favorite phrase is 'get a life looser' and spells troll with one 'l'

Agree.  I do not think Art's return is a given, and if he really wants to take on what he built he needs a Sirius show that also goes terrestrial to pull stations from George.  If he wants something smaller, he has myriad chaoices, but he built a beast and beast is hard to kill without  a beast sized competitor.

Meanandnasty

PB you are right.  Reading the remarks Art wrote together makes it very clear.

However, if he should return, it would be great to hear him even maybe one night a week, like Today in Time.  I would love to hear him on Saturday nights.  It would be, well, SPECIAL.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 23, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

There's one dude that has 4 or 5 profiles here.  Same dude that writes every post over at the copycat forum that he started a few weeks ago.  I can tell from his inability to use the english language properly.  Some people are so pathetic and lonely.  Damn shame. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on January 24, 2013, 01:24:01 AM
There's one dude that has 4 or 5 profiles here.  Same dude that writes every post over at the copycat forum that he started a few weeks ago.  I can tell from his inability to use the english language properly.  Some people are so pathetic and lonely.  Damn shame.
My avatar is a wink and nod toward them. Pathetic and lonely are fitting descriptions.

Then again, my avatar is also a tribute to corpulence,hirsutism, burning out an early age and fondness for cheap wines.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 01:53:58 AM
       My avatar is a wink and nod toward them. Pathetic and lonely are fitting descriptions.

Then again, my avatar is also a tribute to corpulence,hirsutism, burning out an early age and fondness for cheap wines.

@ Coyle: I thought your avatar was Alan Parsons at first glance.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 24, 2013, 02:09:42 AM

@ Coyle: I thought your avatar was Alan Parsons at first glance.
Shit, there is a resemblance...and Parsons doesn't appear to missing many meals as he ages either.

kingotnw

I was the one who added his post to Wikipedia, and I did in fact reference it. I think it's BS that it was pulled down, but whatever.

ziznak

Yo mcphallus i think Tbirds calling you out!!!
http://kedw.createaforum.com/coastgab-com/a-debate-between-mcphallus-and-t-bird/

I gotta say looking at him talk to himself on that forum had me laughing the morning away

Quote from: ziznak on January 24, 2013, 07:36:39 AM
Yo mcphallus i think Tbirds calling you out!!!
http://kedw.createaforum.com/coastgab-com/a-debate-between-mcphallus-and-t-bird/

I gotta say looking at him talk to himself on that forum had me laughing the morning away

Good find Z. That was just weird.