• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Radio Equipment Graveyard - The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly.

Started by Camazotz Automat, March 27, 2015, 01:32:34 AM

One of the most frustrating pieces of electronics I've ever owned. A shower radio that does not display what station number you are tuned to, and does not store that tuning information after being turned OFF.

Each time it is turned ON, you must press a button and scan again, one press per station until you hit what you want. It starts at the lowest number on the dial and goes forward only (again, it doesn't show that frequency number.) It does have a Reset Scan button to start from the beginning again, but does not allow you to move backward on the dial. If you like the tenth location, sucks to be you tomorrow morning, because you're going to have to press that goddamn button ten times again. And God help you if you accidentally press the button eleven times and pass your station, because you are going to have to hit Scan Reset and do it AGAIN! FM only.

The window displays date and time only, and eats button batteries like I eat good BBQ.

Welcome to the Radio Equipment Graveyard.

jazmunda

I miss my old walkman. Sure it chewed up all my cool mixed tapes but I loved the old gal.

I feel nostalgic for the way it sounded when the batteries were dying. You don't hear that sound anymore when your ipod battery runs out. Maybe there's an app for that.

pate

Damn LCD displays... I hate their finicky stuff as well.

Oh well///

thas deep!

cweb

Let's add anything with a "TV" band tuner to the graveyard, considering those were shot as soon as DTV happened.

Realistic brand floating waterproof pool radio that I will be using this summer. Eight inch diameter. Has good sound, considering the small speaker.